Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cereal Wafers - Where to buy?

Options
  • 09-01-2016 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

My mom stayed in a hotel in Dublin and for breakfast they apparently had a sort of cereal wafer which dissolved in milk. She asked me to buy these for her and bring them along next time I go home. I cannot find them anywhere and she also does not know which brand it was. Has anyone seen these anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Sounds like Weetabix.... They certainly dissolve in milk!

Not wafer thin though, each biscuit is about an inch & a half thick.

Oh, and Weetabix can be bought almost everywhere. Tesco even have an own brand version.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

thanks a lot, to me they look just as she had described them. I sent her a google photo and will get them then :) i was getting nowhere trying to google this earlier somehow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They could have been Shreddies. Available in most supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

spurious wrote: »
    They could have been Shreddies. Available in most supermarkets.

I thought of Shreddies too, but they don't really dissolve like Weetabix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Description is a bit vague but it sounds more like Bell Vita breakfast biscuits than anything mentioned thusfar.

These are currently half price in Tesco, with 4 flavours from which to choose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement