Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice UK 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea definitely wrong song but she has a beautiful voice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Autosport wrote: »
    Yea definitely wrong song but she has a beautiful voice

I thought heather was definitely weakest out if the whole group but then Lydia and Lauren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Just catching up now. Ha ha Ricky is off his snot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Loved Lydia and Kevin so far.

Ah raging I missed Kevin. What did he sing?

Thought Lydia was off.

I don't like Jordan's voice at all. I find it harsh and grating. I liked the outfit.

• Advertisement

Jolan is very distinctive. Loved that.

He sang an Adele song ! Can't remember which one.

Changed my mind , Jolan was better:)

Come on Jolan!

Come on Jolan!

Yes. The best 4 are left in the competition !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It does mean, though, that the Curse of the Female Judges has struck once more... :o:o:D;)

2012: Jessie's final act finishes fourth.
    2013: Again Jessie's final act finishes fourth.
    2014: Kylie's final act finishes fourth.
    2015: None of Rita's acts make the final.
    2016: None of Paloma's acts make the final.

Maybe ITV should consider having two females on the panel next year? The Irish version has had two for some time now, and the next season of the American version is set to have two as well (although one of them is a certain M. Cyrus).

Meanwhile, the possibility of all five male judges having exactly one winning act is still on...

(At no stage in this post was I intending to be sexist, BTW. :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I usually love Boy George but thought it was really nasty that he ignored his own act to hug and chat to Jordan and Heather, then sat back down. Not even an acknowledgement?! Pretty nasty. His massive bias towards Cody was awful to watch, too.

I'm not mad about the girls to be honest. although different, Cody is very shouty and was pushed forepward as a favourite. I think over rated.I preferred Vangelis over these. He has a lovely tone to his voice, lots of light and shade whereas the girls belt out. Maybe he was just too understated though.

I think both the lads are streets ahead of the girls. Both are excellent though Jolan has something distinctive. plus the boy and looks will not go against him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I know it's a public vote and I wasn't surprised to see Keith being voted through but I thought his version of Rolling in the Deep was pretty bad - like a speeded up version - didn't suit the song.

I would have preferred to see Lyrical going through over Keith and Heather over Cody (too shouty and not original) I do think Lydia deserved her place and Jolan - (Jolan may win)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The outfits on Heather and Jordan in the performance with Paloma, were just horrible, IMO.

I loved the VT that was done by Boy George for deciding the style. Having his own clothes museum! LOL!

I like the four who have gone through, but will miss Heather and Mirackal. Jordan, IMO was the weakest of the lot. Cody, I agree, is rather shouty.

As to who'll be the winner, I guess it hinges on their performances next week.

I'm going with Jolan to win.

I'm hearing there's rumours that Robbie Williams has been approached by ITV for the new Voice. I think he'd be good, give the show an injection of humour it needs. Honestly I don't care if Paloma or George return. I just can't warm to them. I like Will and think he should stay. He's quirky and always professional. He did say he'd only return of the original judges came back. I doubt they would though. Jessie is doing well with her music in the U.S. No idea what Danny is up too. Maybe Tom might would be happy to do one more series.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin or Jolan will win

Jolan reminded me of someone and I could not place him. Very much like Terence Trent D'Arby in that song! Jolan to win!

Kevin also excellent.

Is it just me or does Kevin look very old for his age? Kind of like Ronan Keating.

Kevin or Lydia to win :D loving the duets :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Kevin or Lydia to win :D loving the duets :)

I did not like the duets at all! Felt the coaches picked something that suited THEM rather than the contestants.

Imagine- hate the song anyway and very over rated, horrible version!

I did not like Lydia all the way through but funny enough thought her duet was best despite the fact Will can't sing and thought her duet was the most "current" and puts her back in the game.

Not a fan of the song Imagine but did think they did a good job. Will.i.ams song with Lydia does sound like a current song

Yes my 2 favourites through!!!!!! Said it from the start the lads left the girls standing!

Ricky must be happy now but I'm rooting for Kevin

I m very torn. Best two are left. Both very talented. Jolan has the edge for me as he's something different. I do feel these two were way above the rest.

They should release both I think.

So Ricky is guaranteed to be the first two-time winning judge. :D;)

He said at the start of this series that he wouldn't be moving with the show to ITV. However, even the Radio Times is saying that a U-turn is not unlikely:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-09/the-voice-wont-get-x-factor-style-makeover-on-itv---and-at-least-two-coaches-look-set-for-return

Much prefer Kevin's version of the song. I might be a bit biased :D

If both came on radio I think I would hear Kevin and go ....good singer but if I heard Jolan would go...ooooh who's that??

Jolan to win!

• Advertisement

Loved Kevin's performances but said it all along Jolan to win ! He gots soul ,and can rock. Love him.

Advertisement