Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Repeater Software

Options
  • 09-01-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Here's my situation, I'm in a building that I need to register my MAC address in order to use the WiFi. It works fine for devices I have registered but I'm limited to 3 devices. Is there any software out there that will broadcast my laptops internet as a wifi router? I've tried to use Connectify, which does broadcast out a wifi signal, but my unregistered devices still can't connect to it, I guess the original router is still blocking the unregistered MAC address. I've also used the windows command line options to create a hotspot but it's the same outcome. Instructions are here.

Anybody know a way around this or can recommend some software to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Windows can do this, but your laptop will need two wifi cards unless theres a wired connection available.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭gerbear1

ED E wrote: »
    Windows can do this, but your laptop will need two wifi cards unless theres a wired connection available.
    Could you explain how to do this?

Advertisement