Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of contract and data protection regulations

Options
  • 09-01-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

I'm hoping that you can help with this situation. 

My partner and I moved into our new home in August 2015 and signed up as new customers for Gas and Electricity with you.

To date, we have never received our terms and conditions. We have never received a bill for Electricity or Gas however payment have been taken from our bank account supposedly for Electricity only. 

We have contacted customer care on numerous occasions to rectify this issue however all they can say is that they will get the bills issued and they can't tell us how much the bills are for. Obviously this situation is far from ideal as we could be hit with a huge bill just after the christmas period for our Gas over the last 6 months. We have asked to speak to a manager and this request was denied. We have asked to lodge a formal complaint and also for a complaint reference number, we were told that no manager would speak to us and that you do not have complaint reference numbers.

The level of customer care that we have received has been ridiculous and all that we have been told is "sorry, it's not our fault". Clearly it is the fault of Electric Ireland when we have not received any bills or correspondence including contractual information that you are required to send to us?

To make matters even better, Electric Ireland sent an electricity bill to a house that we sold in 2014 and this address was never registered on our new account. This is a serious breach of data protection. 

I notice from your talk to site that this seems to be a recurring theme. Perhaps it's time to escalate issues such as this to resolve them once and for all before someone does report you to CER and the DPC?

I would appreciate a response regarding these issues.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi decadencepromo,

Thanks for your query, and we're sorry to read you're unhappy with your customer experience.
    My partner and I moved into our new home in August 2015 and signed up as new customers for Gas and Electricity with you.

To date, we have never received our terms and conditions.

Did you sign up for electricity and gas online? Customers who sign up online would be required to read and accept the terms and conditions. If you signed up over the phone with our Sales team and had a specific price plan applied, the agent would have read the relevant terms and conditions.

Did you receive your welcome information by email after this? This would also contain our terms and conditions. If you didn't, please double check your spam folder (as it can sometimes be mistakenly misdirected here by your email provider). We can also send it to you again if needs be.
    We have contacted customer care on numerous occasions to rectify this issue however all they can say is that they will get the bills issued and they can't tell us how much the bills are for... We have asked to speak to a manager and this request was denied. We have asked to lodge a formal complaint and also for a complaint reference number, we were told that no manager would speak to us and that you do not have complaint reference numbers... To make matters even better, Electric Ireland sent an electricity bill to a house that we sold in 2014 and this address was never registered on our new account.

Our apologies if your correspondence address was not correctly updated, and if you were provided with incorrect information. We can provide complaint reference numbers, and we can log a formal complaint on your behalf if you wish.

In order for us to look into this further for you, can you please provide us with the following details by private message please?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement