Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatible?

Options
  • 09-01-2016 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am thinking about purchasing a Gigabyte GeForce gtx 960 4GB Graphics card which has both a 6 pin and an 8 pin connector.
    My PSU only has one 6 pin. Can I just connect the 6 pin and forget about the 8 pin? or do I need to get another PSU?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

No you need both connected.

You might be able to convert molex connectors but really sounds like the PSU is a bit on the weak side. What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 XDarkArcticX

Its a 750W PSU Silent (ACE A-750BR).
    Would this work?
    newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201038&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Internal+Power+Cables-_-N82E16812201038&gclid=CjwKEAjw5ZKiBRDhqa-Yjcml9kYSJABia-RnCSVSNCg83y1mjfIyxClFZLjM3G6YEKfDUCxYdvDW0RoCllbw_wcB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Work, possibly. Work well, dunno. No great on PSUs however that one looks a bit meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ACE are crap quality supplies, wouldn't trust it, they're the sort of model that say 750w, but can just about reliably supply about 300w.

That said, are you sure the GTX960 needs a 6 and an 8 pin connector? Sounds extremely unusual for a GTX960.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 XDarkArcticX

Yeah ill post the link to it;
    hardwareversand.de/en/4096+MB/278314/Gigabyte+GeForce+GTX+960+WindForce+2X%2C+4GB+GDDR5%2C+2x+DVI%2C+HDMI%2C+3x+DisplayPort.article

note- I had to take out the www. because I'm new

• Advertisement
Advertisement