Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i have to open up PC again

Options
  • 09-01-2016 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

I installed a new hard drive in a desktop.There was one of these - i think - anti moisture things taped to the hard disk. Like this but smaller

Now i cannot remember if i took off that. Do i have to open up again and remove it?

There is one in the case too taped to the bottom of it so i am assuming it is anti moisture

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Are you experiencing issues? I think that pad will only cause a bit of noise, because it's pushes down the vibrating HDD.
    You might aswell take it off, because it's there for shipping and nothing else. It could also be blocking airflow a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Are you experiencing issues? I think that pad will only cause a bit of noise, because it's pushes down the vibrating HDD.
    You might aswell take it off, because it's there for shipping and nothing else. It could also be blocking airflow a bit.
    I opened it to find I HAD removed it:o

Now there is one more thing. The wire from PSU to the hard disk seem to be touching off the case when the cover is on. Does that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I opened it to find I HAD removed it:o

Now there is one more thing. The wire from PSU to the hard disk seem to be touching off the case when the cover is on. Does that matter?

no

Advertisement