Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Policy

Options
  • 10-01-2016 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,
    Bit of a random one, but clearing out some paperwork this evening and thought about this.

In 2011 I bought a laptop with PC world and took out a Careplan cover with them. Monthly DD was about 13.00. All fine until I broke the laptop through fault of my own six months later and just wanted a better machine. I went to just cancel the policy but realised l the documents had been thrown out. I couldn't even remember the name of the company. I cancelled my DD and forgot all about it.

I heard nothing from them but I had moved address shortly after purchase so wouldn't have received letters. I'm wondering if they just cancelled the plan or kept it and I owe them a load of premiums now. Problem is getting in contact- I don't know what the company is called now. All I have from the bank records is 'DSG' (Dixons Finance) but I don't have a policy number, nor do I know if they still exist. Does anyone know?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Reality tv wrote: »
    I'm wondering if they just cancelled the plan or kept it and I owe them a load of premiums now. Problem is getting in contact- I don't know what the company is called now.

You want the name of the company so that you can contact them and ask if you owe them money - what kind of pills are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fair play OP, but I'd imagine they have just written this off and probably flagged your details.

Advertisement