Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd snap your hand off for a draw right now. Think we could be exposed in a big way with all the injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole shìt is ridiculous, that has to be made up. :pac:

Read the very last line. That's the real kicker for me :D

• I'd snap your hand off for a draw right now. Think we could be exposed in a big way with all the injuries.

Put money on it...you have plenty after the cup win

You closet utd fan you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Still so tight in the top 8
    Palace lose
    Man U drop 2pt
    Win tomorrow and it's game on

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Still so tight in the top 8
    Palace lose
    Man U drop 2pt
    Win tomorrow and it's game on

no chance the squad is too unbalanced to finish top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Linked with aaron creswell of west ham. A tidy player and would be a great addition to the squad. Hes also a scouser so i reckon he would want the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

We're too ****e for any "game on" talk. A game at a time IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/michael-owen-insists-liverpool-can-7164444

"If Liverpool finish a place under 3rd and a place above 5th they will have a good chance of 4th ''

Was that actually in the article, I just noticed it's not there. Makes it even better if they were told to remove that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

tok9 wrote: »
    Was that actually in the article, I just noticed it's not there. Makes it even better if they were told to remove that :)

Nah...BorneTobyWilde added his own flourish. And very funny it was too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Good. Might get more for him when we hopefully sell him in the summer. The clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

no chance the squad is too unbalanced to finish top 4.

We're only halfway through the season. I don't agree with any "game on" talk, but equally there's plenty of football left to play. Given the crazy state of the league this year, all it takes is anyone in the top 8 or so to put a half decent run together to have a real shot at top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    We're only halfway through the season. I don't agree with any "game on" talk, but equally there's plenty of football left to play. Given the crazy state of the league this year, all it takes is anyone in the top 8 or so to put a half decent run together to have a real shot at top 4.
    without sturridge or a striker that suits our squad there is no chance. Its a shame as its there for the taking but id give the likes of everton who have a better balanced squad than us a better chance of top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

without sturridge or a striker that suits our squad there is no chance. Its a shame as its there for the taking but id give the likes of everton who have a better balanced squad than us a better chance of top 4.

Don't think Everton have any chance of top 4 unless they can catch Leicester who are 13 points ahead of them. Hell they are even behind us and we've had the worst season injury wise I can ever remember us having.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

ricero wrote: »
    Linked with aaron creswell of west ham. A tidy player and would be a great addition to the squad. Hes also a scouser so i reckon he would want the move

Reckon he'd be quite expensive

slingerz wrote: »
    Reckon he'd be quite expensive

With TV money and new stadium looming west ham won't be selling anyone on the cheap, they are in a great position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ush wrote: »
    What squad number will Caulker get? I want to get a home shirt with Caulker on the back.

Stevie C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think we'd make a ****ing hash of the CL next season in our current state. Klopp needs more time to shovel the sh1t out and build his own squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Don't think Everton have any chance of top 4 unless they can catch Leicester who are 13 points ahead of them. Hell they are even behind us and we've had the worst season injury wise I can ever remember us having.

Everton are seriously underachieving with that squad. Give us lukaku even and we'd be in far better shape. How martinez gets away with it I dunno. Just be the thankful they've never been consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think we'd make a ****ing hash of the CL next season in our current state. Klopp needs more time to shovel the sh1t out and build his own squad.

Never thought I'd see people saying we can't afford to make CL. It'd be a lot easier to attract quality players at least being seen to qualify for it. Unlike last time when we signed duds like Markovic, Lallana & Lovren who would have joined us if we finished 10th.
    Van Gaal isn't going to last too many more seasons & Chelsea will never underperform like they have next season. It's a great opportunity but we don't see that.
    I doubt a Leicester would say oh we'll get killed if we get a tough group let's stop trying so we can rebuild. If Klopp can't see the shît he needs to shovel out he must be more than near sighted. But the 2 signings we have made stink of the transfer committe tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Everton are seriously underachieving with that squad. Give us lukaku even and we'd be in far better shape. How martinez gets away with it I dunno. Just be the thankful they've never been consistent.

The Emperor has no clothes. Fir instance, Barkley is the exact same as on his debut, no discernible development. Plenty of Toffees less than chuffed with Slick Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

corwill wrote: »
    The Emperor has no clothes. Fir instance, Barkley is the exact same as on his debut, no discernible development. Plenty of Toffees less than chuffed with Slick Bobby.

Barkley is substantially better this season than the last two.

Add to that Lukaku and Stones, and Everton have three £40m+ players on their books. And that's before you come to Deufeleu (sp?) and Coleman, who are excellent.

Plus their youth development is excellent - Galloway is the latest in a long line of good players to come through.

They are drastically under-achieving because Martinez can't organise a defence to save his life. Selling Tim Howard should be step one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

It's possible if we win tonight we could go 4th get 3 points..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vicxas wrote: »

We need CL football to attract the best players. A world class manager and CL football would put at a big advantage in the transfer market. Signing Gotze wouldn't sound so ridiculous then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/Jay_78_/status/687210653543706624

looks like Matip will join in the summer. Should hopefully be able to spend good money on players in attacking area's in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Any chance we could play him up front, he's very dangerous in front of goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Barkley is substantially better this season than the last two.

Add to that Lukaku and Stones, and Everton have three £40m+ players on their books. And that's before you come to Deufeleu (sp?) and Coleman, who are excellent.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on the valuation of them three players, but that just sounds so strange when someone says that Everton have three £40m+ players, just doesnt sound right. Player valuations have spiralled out of control.

• Advertisement

New deal for Mig?

Hopefully that doesn't mean he's staying past the summer!

Badly need a top keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What's the team likely to be tonight? Who's defo ruled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Should put this up in the dressing room

3015AF5900000578-3395762-image-m-75_1452610218548.jpg

I've never liked Ozil. Wxxxer :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ERG89 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see people saying we can't afford to make CL. It'd be a lot easier to attract quality players at least being seen to qualify for it. Unlike last time when we signed duds like Markovic, Lallana & Lovren who would have joined us if we finished 10th.
    Van Gaal isn't going to last too many more seasons & Chelsea will never underperform like they have next season. It's a great opportunity but we don't see that.
    True
    Add in pep maybe going to one of the manchester clubs and the finances he'll have and Pottechino (?) doing the job at spurs we wont have many better chances of cl football.
    However i fear this season and this squad is already too far back totale advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

kfallon wrote: »
    What's the team likely to be tonight? Who's defo ruled out?

If you're nearby and have your own boots you'll get a game.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on the valuation of them three players, but that just sounds so strange when someone says that Everton have three £40m+ players, just doesnt sound right. Player valuations have spiralled out of control.

Absolutely. It's mad isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Should put this up in the dressing room

3015AF5900000578-3395762-image-m-75_1452610218548.jpg

I've never liked Ozil. Wxxxer :mad:

Film. 3 words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Inglorious Bastards? Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? :D

We saw in 2013/2014 was the fluid attack did for us, some potency up front and the current team could similarly be transformed imo. The current team is and has been severely depleted due to injuries in midfield and defence too of course.

I'd sooner get 4th and reckon we are not ready for CL football than be in the EL again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Why are we offering a five year contract to a keeper who is the equivalent quality of a Sander Westerveld?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    We saw in 2013/2014 was the fluid attack did for us, some potency up front and the current team could similarly be transformed imo. The current team is and has been severely depleted due to injuries in midfield and defence too of course.

I'd sooner get 4th and reckon we are not ready for CL football than be in the EL again next year.

Obviously that would be ideal. I don't have the confidence that you do do though in this group, especially with the injuries. we could very likely get great results in the next 2 games (4 or 6 points) but then play woefully in the following games. I'm annoyed by our inconsistency.

Losing tonight won't be enough to irritate me. Playing badly and losing though will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

not yet wrote: »
    It's possible if we win tonight we could go 4th get 3 points..

Not if its a moral victory. I prefer to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bur wrote: »
    Why are we offering a five year contract to a keeper who is the equivalent quality of a Sander Westerveld?

Current or previous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

bur wrote: »

Ah he's not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The Inglorious Bastards? Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? :D

No such film, was "Inglourious Basterds" with deliberate spelling errors and no "The". Sorry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So Matip on a Bosman seems to be gathering pace...is he any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like Matip is confirmed for free. Not bad. Not bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »
    No such film, was "Inglourious Basterds" with deliberate spelling errors and no "The". Sorry.

I'm referring of course to the English language title of Quel Maledetto Treno Blindato the 1978 film by Enzo G. Castellari.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

The ladies love Matip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    Film. 3 words.

Debbie Does Dallas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

ricero wrote: »

Good player, but don't think we need a left back - we have Moreno & Smith, with Flanagan & Gomez to come back. Sakho or Clyne could probably play there if required also. If he's going to cost £15m as is suggested I think we should be prioritising that elsewhere.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement