Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The-Anfield-main-stand-development.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mark Lawrenson wears silk shirts, that should give you an idea about the moral fibre of the man. Worse than Pol Pot imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Mark Lawrenson wears silk shirts, that should give you an idea about the moral fibre of the man. Worse than Pol Pot imho.

Brother number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The-Anfield-main-stand-development.jpg
    The stand is nearly as big as the post it took to show it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sahko bumps into a friend:

https://streamable.com/696q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

brevity wrote: »
    Sahko bumps into a friend:

https://streamable.com/696q

Translates to please come and join me at Liverpool we have an awesome manager and are going to win everything next season:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How are the lads?

Don't know about ye, but it was actually nice to have a weekend without football for once. Looking forward to the final next weekend. Hopefully we can gain some momentum from a great European night in Anfield on Thursday.

We have absolutely zero ability to control a game, so we really need the trio up front to provide the spark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »
    How are the lads?

Don't know about ye, but it was actually nice to have a weekend without football for once. Looking forward to the final next weekend. Hopefully we can gain some momentum from a great European night in Anfield on Thursday.

We have absolutely zero ability to control a game, so we really need the trio up front to provide the spark.

I thought it was weird to drift in and out of games over the weekend, i'm hoping the weekend off will help some of the lads, they looked out on their legs last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've to bring to the missus to get her wisdom teeth out on Sunday.

Forgot all about it until she mentioned it this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone have any idea how many of our players will end up at the Euros in the summer?

It would be nice to have Klopp get a good pre season in with as many of the squad together as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Henderson, Lovren, Skrtel, Milner, Can, Sturridge, Mignolet, Bogdan, Clyne, Origi, Sahko, Allen and Benteke are probably all in the frame to travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

How are the lads?

Yes and no, I was killing time on the computer Sat and Sun with no Footie or Rugby. All 20 mins that I had to myself (pesky kids...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Henderson, Lovren, Skrtel, Milner, Can, Sturridge, Mignolet, Bogdan, Clyne, Origi, Sahko, Allen and Benteke are probably all in the frame to travel.

Henderson, Milner, Clyne and Sturridge should be back fairly early, though.

The Belgium lads too, if Ireland get their way!

Bogdan we can just leave there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Firmino and Coutinho also possibilities for the Copa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yes and no, I was killing time on the computer Sat and Sun with no Footie or Rugby. All 20 mins that I had to myself (pesky kids...)

20 minutes is like a lifetime on Redtube.....

How are the lads?

I've stopped caring really.

It dawned on me recently that I don't really "support" the club. I don't pay for sky, merchandise or travel to games. I barely bother looking for a dodgy stream. I don't really get any highs or lows from watching Liverpool anymore.

I'm at the stage now where I like to see them do well but beyond that I don't care.

I'll admit my timing sucks as Liverpool have decent owners and a good manager and you would think there is some success on the way but then again who knows...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It dawned on me recently that I don't really "support" the club. I don't pay for sky, merchandise or travel to games. I barely bother looking for a dodgy stream. I don't really get any highs or lows from watching Liverpool anymore.

I'm at the stage now where I like to see them do well but beyond that I don't care.

I'll admit my timing sucks as Liverpool have decent owners and a good manager and you would think there is some success on the way but then again who knows...

Jaysus, tell me at least that you still want utd to do badly!

5starpool wrote: »
    Jaysus, tell me at least that you still want utd to do badly!

But of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

But of course :)

We have a pulse! Thank Christ, thought we'd lost you there.

• Advertisement

brevity - is the worst fan in the world :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Been through similar phases myself. Had to stop myself caring because when they lost and I;d be in a mad mood for a day or so and it would ruin the weekend. Especially when my friends started picking up on it. This is around the Hcks/Gillette time and it was easy to dissacociate because it was so obvious what was wrong at the time and easy to not support the decisions made.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Lallana barring injury will travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity - is the worst fan in the world :p

:(

All that effort for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

How are the lads?

I ****ing hated it. Meant I had Sunday free to do what I want, so I'd decided to take a spin to claremorris and onto Sligo.

Was involved in a collision outside the peepy soaked heckhole that's Ballinasloe. Thought to myself when it was happening, 'great, an injury. Liverpool I'll do well do while I suffer.'
    But damn it! I'm fine, everyone was fine. But my car is ****ed and the other lunatic that fused got off when a slight dent. And I didnt get to see claremorris.

So you can stick your no footie weekend up your hole Knex and bring on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :(

All that effort for nothing.

I still think you're the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And I didnt get to see claremorris.

Weekend wasn't a total loss so...

Jurgen meets Ronnie Moran.

Cb1upmGWEAEpUvM.jpg:large

Ronnie was the tar that stuck the bootroom era together. 83 on the 28th :)

Ronnie was the tar that stuck the bootroom era together. 83 on the 28th :)

82. Don't age him prematurely ;)

Also, there is probably a sizeable portion of the posters on here who aren't aware of who Ronnie was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I hear ya, lost some love myself but i dont think its to do with Liverpool and more to do with football in general.

Things like FIFA, the many faced FA, personally, the soft nature of the way the game is played now for example (i like the beautiful game as much as the next person but i miss the physical game. Who doesnt get a buzz when Flanno drops the beat on some unsuspecting winger who has spent the last 3 years 'carving' out a wonderful tan in the south of France?).

Many many other things. Which wont be expanded on as im already acutely aware of the fact they make me sound like a very grumpy old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    Also, there is probably a sizeable portion of the posters on here who aren't aware of who Ronnie was.

Non Liverpool fans?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Non Liverpool fans?

Not just I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

daithijjj wrote: »
    I hear ya, lost some love myself but i dont think its to do with Liverpool and more to do with football in general.

Things like FIFA, the many faced FA, personally, the soft nature of the way the game is played now for example (i like the beautiful game as much as the next person but i miss the physical game. Who doesnt get a buzz when Flanno drops the beat on some unsuspecting winger who has spent the last 3 years 'carving' out a wonderful tan in the south of France?).

Many many other things. Which wont be expanded on as im already acutely aware of the fact they make me sound like a very grumpy old man.

Yup, heading the same way myself. Will never get to brevity's stage of apathy re Liverpool but football itself today is a bag of shite.
    Atmosphere free grounds, ridiculous ticket prices etc etc. At a time when Sky's hypeometer has gone into orbit and they're giving over 8 billion to the PL, ironically, they've probably never had a poorer product to flog.
    There's simply little or no character anymore (which is why I'll be cheering Leicester with every breath in my body - shame on you if you're hoping they don't win it just because it'll cast a light on our failings).
    We have idiots savants such as Robbie Savage, Michael Owen and Jamie Redknapp whose idea of an adjective goes no further than 'top' ('top top' for the better educated).
    Horrible, shitty sport but as long as there's LFC, I'll always tune in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

The EPL is living off a bogus reputation built up by sky and bt, the quality of football is far behind the other top leagues in europe and sooner or later the bubble will burst, the money that is in the EPL these days is not sustainable, i can see it bringing a lot of big clubs down with it, the Leicester's of this world will be the long term winners because they have'nt over extended themselves.(yet!)

Back in the day i used to follow a lot of football both EPL and other leagues, now though i can't remember the last time i watched a non-LFC game, seems like ages ago.

Blimey cheer up - a cup final on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'm similar myself.

Used to go a few times a season, haven't been in a good while now though, can't really be bothered.

I still have sky, and watch the games but while I keep up to date with football, I've certainly become quiet disenfranchised.

The older I get, the more ridiculous it seems to tie my emotions to a club that I have no tangible connection with, that I'm not part of, that dosen't represent my community, and that dosent really represent anything. It's not like certain Scottish or European clubs whereby the club represents your culture of political outlook. It's just a business really.

I still follow the club and watch the games where I can. I still get pissed off with Lovern and slightly more adjatated after a defeat than the above would appear to suggest. But by and large, I'm not all that arsed anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Every bad buy and nonsense loan out. Missing out on the league and selling our best players. Injury crisis. Massive performance inconsistencies for the players and squad as a whole. Too many games this season.

It's very hard not to just become naturally numb with it all. It's not a conscious decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In saying that, every club and the fans thereof, outside the top 8 or so have to just get on with it, so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm similar myself.

Used to go a few times a season, haven't been in a good while now though, can't really be bothered.

I still have sky, and watch the games but while I keep up to date with football, I've certainly become quiet disenfranchised.

The older I get, the more ridiculous it seems to tie my emotions to a club that I have no tangible connection with, that I'm not part of, that dosen't represent my community, and that dosent really represent anything. It's not like certain Scottish or European clubs whereby the club represents your culture of political outlook. It's just a business really.

I still follow the club and watch the games where I can. I still get pissed off with Lovern and slightly more adjatated after a defeat than the above would appear to suggest. But by and large, I'm not all that arsed anymore.

The EPL is living off a bogus reputation built up by sky and bt, the quality of football is far behind the other top leagues in europe and sooner or later the bubble will burst, the money that is in the EPL these days is not sustainable, i can see it bringing a lot of big clubs down with it, the Leicester's of this world will be the long term winners because they have'nt over extended themselves.(yet!)

Back in the day i used to follow a lot of football both EPL and other leagues, now though i can't remember the last time i watched a non-LFC game, seems like ages ago.

May I interest you two gentlemen (or ladies) in your local League of Ireland club?
    There's no money in it at all so it will be very difficult for you to ever become disenfranchised!
    But they are your local club and strive to represent your local community.
    Tickets are reasonably priced at E15 and E10 concessions.
    It's a summer league so complements very well if you would still like to keep following foreign winter leagues.
    Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The trick is to not just watch the premier league lads,i was like ye in my mid teens to mid 20s,then sky etc came along,now i watch spanish,german,dutch..not italian..as well as most live games on tv,i love watching good football,rarley get to anfield these days though.

Can be tough if your team cant compete,for whatever reason,i too will be cheering leiscster city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

May I interest you two gentlemen (or ladies) in your local League of Ireland club?
    There's no money in it at all so it will be very difficult for you to ever become disenfranchised!
    But they are your local club and strive to represent your local community.
    Tickets are reasonably priced at E15 and E10 concessions.
    It's a summer league so complements very well if you would still like to keep following foreign winter leagues.
    Just a thought.

Not everyone has a local LOI club though...... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not everyone has a local LOI club though...... :(

Can I recommend your local schoolboy league. It's of the same standard and free. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can I recommend your local schoolboy league. It's of the same standard and free. :pac:

Uh-oh

74dcbe86c051c44678970eab821d8f9b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah, it was the LFC thread that Enda was referring to with his 'bunch of whingers' comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Why bother coming onto the Liverpool thread and saying you cant be arsed supporting Liverpool anymore? Why torture yourself talking about it on here? Bit of an unecessary downer for the rest of us else especially in a big week like this. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Well I'm still supporting the club

....which is a good thing because I just got word that I have a ticket sorted for Sunday! :D:D

Club Wembley level behind the goal - Bring it on!!

(I may have backed out on an agreement with my girlfriend that if we only got 1 ticket then neither of us would go)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

x43r0 wrote: »

....which is a good thing because I just got word that I have a ticket sorted for Sunday! :D:D

(I may have backed out on an agreement with my girlfriend that if we only got 1 ticket then neither of us would go)

Prick :D

Ah no, I'm delighted for you pal. Enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

x43r0 wrote: »

**** ye...

Im going down blind with no tickets hoping to pay through my snot to get in.

If not I'll be watching in a boozer across the road... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement