Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

zrj93.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Do you really hope that ? Or are you just saying something wildly emotional ?

I think he was just stating his preference in those specific circumstances.

Do you understand now ?

The cups don't mean much when teams pick entire different XI's in the early rounds once you make a quarter final it gets taken seriously. Much prefer to be performing consistently than taking the domestics cups for more than what they are.
    I'd be delighted if we beat City but there is still 3 months left in the season & how we perform week in & week out is an indicator of how we're doing not winning Capital One or FA Cups

Well I've held a season ticket for a season (not at club prices) and regularly paid top dollar for tickets to matches over the years with the opening home match, of the season, being a regular event for about 7 of the 10 years I lived in the UK.

I've also spent many mornings arising at silly hours, for example from 1am-6am, depending on what time zone I was living in at that time. Always difficult traveling to matches in randomn venues (in cities or towns I barely knew at times) over the years at abnormal times to watch game on a tv I didn't have.

I could go on and on and on and on.

I know how much I've supported my club, for over 37 years now (including first visit to Anfield at the age of 12), and I can go in to greater detail if I wasn't on my Bàstard phone.

In short, if people don't understand that I have very little interest in winning that irrelevant trophy then that's hardly my fault. Again, I could go into detail, which I thought would be fairly obvious, as to why but there seems to be no point.

I believe you..

Cool, if you feel it's no point all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

zrj93.jpg

Liverpool have failed to score in the last four days and if they fail to score tomorrow, that will mean they have failed to score for 4/7 days this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Liverpool have failed to score in the last four days and if they fail to score tomorrow, that will mean they have failed to score for 4/7 days this week.

Yeah but we've only got cup games this week so it doesn't matter as much. Now if we don't score in our next league game, well that's our season ruined :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Sappy404 wrote: »
    You'd rather win a 2nd leg Europa League last 32 match against the 13th best team in Germany than a League Cup final? For the outside chance of qualifying for another tournament we won't win?

Rather not lose at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Could barely remember this game, until I saw the Henchoz line clearance.

League Cup Final 2003 Highlights - Liverpool vs Man Utd

https://streamable.com/fehq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Knex. wrote: »

:eek:

I remember watching it at home, went for a couple of pints to celebrate after it with a mate and then off to a Cheltenham Preview Evening in Stillorgan!

kfallon wrote: »

I remember watching it at home, went for a couple of pints to celebrate after it with a mate and then off to a Cheltenham Preview Evening in Stillorgan!

To be fair, I was 12.

I probably had a couple of pints of milk too many, or something.

It is a weird one, though. I remember so much from the treble campaign, but the details of the final in 03 had completely left me.

Liverpool linked with Ignacio Camacho.

Not sure what to make of him, tbh. He does love a tackle, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

To be fair, I was 12.

It is a weird one, though. I remember so much from the treble campaign, but the details of the final in 03 had completely left me.

If I remember correctly, Dudek had a decent game against Utd for once in that match!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To be fair, I was 12.

To be honest, I can't remember a lot about it either I have to say. I was certainly a lot older than 12 and there was likely to have been beer in play as well so that probably explains it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Could say the same about yore ma :pac::pac:

Hiyoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Posted dat yesterday, keep up!

x43r0 wrote: »
    Could say the same about yore ma :pac::pac:

Hiyoo

Laughing-then-stops-laugh-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Posted dat yesterday, keep up!

Who are you? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I was absolutely hammered for that game, it was my birthday ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was absolutely hammered for that game, it was my birthday ;):D

Belated Happy birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The one vs Arsenal was much better :P

• Advertisement

I understand now why Lovren and Skrtel have been out for so long. We've actually gone and moulded them together.

Meet Lovrel.

4ldeS8F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I love the bit where Keane bursts his boll0ck$ to get back to chop the legs off Owen but just comes up short. Makes the goal much sweeter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

We played in a League Cup final in 2003? Against Utd? We won? Sadly, I remember absolutely nothing about that game. I would have sworn the last time we played Utd in a cup final was the white suit final in 1996.

I remember Birmingham, Arsenal and Alaves all in 2001 but 2003 is a total blank. I must check out the link...

Ok, just watched it. Total blank still. I know for a fact I would have watched it at the time, but I didn't recall a single thing as I was watching it there. Jesus.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Ok, just watched it. Total blank still. I know for a fact I would have watched it at the time, but I didn't recall a single thing as I was watching it there. Jesus.

It honestly must be the most forgettable final, excluding Charity Shield and Super Cups, that Liverpool have ever won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

It honestly must be the most forgettable final, excluding Charity Shield and Super Cups, that Liverpool have ever won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm another one who simply cannot recall that match......but at my age :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Same here, i mustn't have been in the country is all i can think of !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Would have originally watched that game in high definition BulmersVision so memories were a bit hazy alright.

Watched it back there, and despite knowing the score, I was still expecting United to grab a schnaky last minute equaliser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Which one was that?

Belated Happy birthday.

Oddly enough Ive another one coming pretty darn soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

On watching that back there my reaction to when Gerrard shot was, jeez, he's ballooned that well over..... oh! I do not remember that goal!

Oddly enough Ive another one coming pretty darn soon :D

Again? Greedy bastard.

Off to boards.cn with you.

Its all about me!

I deffo remember Michael Owens goal from 2003 and not a lot else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

I deffo remember Michael Owens goal from 2003 and not a lot else.

Are you sure you remember that one, he scored loads of similar goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What's the juggling situation with the squad this week then?

I'm thinking something like this:

EL:
    Origi
    Coutinho--Hendo--Ibe
    Milner--Lucas
    Smith-Sakho-Illori-Clyne

LC Final:
    Sturridge
    Coutinho--Hendo--Firmino
    Milner--Can
    Moreno-Sakho-Toure-Clyne

PL:

Origi
    Ibe----Lallana--Firmino
    Milner--Can
    Moreno-Lovren-Toure-Flanno

If Sturridge can start two in a row I'd go for LC and PL (because I think the final is the most important and he should be fresh).

It's also dependent on Lovren and Lallana being fit. Otherwise you're swapping in Lucas at CB or in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

What match channel is the telly on tonight.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

kop77 wrote: »

BT sport Europe 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

thank you muchly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

kop77 wrote: »

Freeview on Setanta too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The only thing I remember about that 2003 final was that they didn't want to win it anyway.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    What's the juggling situation with the squad this week then?

I'm thinking something like this:

EL:
    Origi
    Coutinho--Hendo--Ibe
    Milner--Lucas
    Smith-Sakho-Illori-Clyne

LC Final:
    Sturridge
    Coutinho--Hendo--Firmino
    Milner--Can
    Moreno-Sakho-Toure-Clyne

PL:

Origi
    Ibe----Lallana--Firmino
    Milner--Can
    Moreno-Lovren-Toure-Flanno

If Sturridge can start two in a row I'd go for LC and PL (because I think the final is the most important and he should be fresh).

It's also dependent on Lovren and Lallana being fit. Otherwise you're swapping in Lucas at CB or in midfield.

The first 2 games will pretty much be full strength anyhow I reckon, with Sturridge/Firmino/Coutinho starting both (injury permitting). Maybe the likes of Lucas/Can might be swapped out between games. Brad Smith is injured I think or is that not the case anymore?

Edit: I hadn't seen our team for the game tonight before I posted this. Smith not injured anyhow.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Would have originally watched that game in high definition BulmersVision so memories were a bit hazy alright.

Watched it back there, and despite knowing the score, I was still expecting United to grab a schnaky last minute equaliser

I was half expecting Gerrard and Diouf to start boxing the heads off each other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Freeview on Setanta too

I just clicked into my stream here on Kodi and the quality is unbelievable.

Some american commentators and they are so much better than the usual Owen crap.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I just clicked into my stream here on Kodi and the quality is unbelievable.

Some american commentators and they are so much better than the usual Owen crap.

Don Hutchinson co-commentator tonight on BT, not that he's great either. Owen probably on for the utd game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

5starpool wrote: »
    Don Hutchinson co-commentator tonight on BT, not that he's great either. Owen probably on for the utd game.

Poor United fans. Bad enough they have to watch boring football but having to listen to Owen commentate on it makes it a million times worse :D

Matip just made a bad error for Schalke tonight. He'll fit in well.

Watching this team is not good for your heart. Made very hard work of that. If we get drawn against a good side tomorrow I can't see us progressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We really really really need to sign a player that can kick a dead ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus i **** me knickers with that free kick at the end. We should of won it with ease but typical us making it harder on ourselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I reckon this is as far as we'll go in the Europa League now. We'd have been beaten against a decent team tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement