Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

x43r0 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ

2nd Leg vs Utd coinciding with Paddy's Day

It's gonna be a long day :eek:

tumblr_m6cpkja6mr1qzqdem.gif

And the Cheltenham Festival. Its going to be pretty hectic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

draws only been made and i've already been carded! :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    And the Cheltenham Festival. Its going to be pretty hectic

I'd already taken the Friday off for the Gold Cup. Thank Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd already taken the Friday off for the Gold Cup. Thank Christ.

Pfffffft amateur, you should be off all 4 days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Alonso77 wrote: »
    draws only been made and i've already been carded! :eek::D

Goddamn it man
    Letting the occasion get to you , rash needless challenge that always picks up a card , need calmer heads if we are to prevail.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Our bus will be going to the Utd home game in the Europa, for more info see.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php?threads/united-at-home-funbus.26003/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm just so excited about the United game I cant even think of the League cup final Sunday. 20 years I have wanted us to meet in Europe, both teams are in a transitional period, it could go any way. This is a just a huge huge game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going to be on a plane to Orlando when the second leg is on, typical!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Maybe you can get internet on the flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Typical me hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

won't be too bad since the time should fly by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

murpho999 wrote: »
    Maybe you can get internet on the flight?

As soon as I saw the draw/dates that was the first thing I checked, no joy, will have to wait till I land.
    Hopefully we will be 4-0 up from Anfield
    Great way to start our trip, or forgetting about footie for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

As soon as I saw the draw/dates that was the first thing I checked, no joy, will have to wait till I land.
    Hopefully we will be 4-0 up from Anfield
    Great way to start our trip, or forgetting about footie for a few weeks.

Enjoy it man. One of my favourite places in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,668 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I wasnt sure how i felt when i heard the draw , but excited now and planning where to watch the ot game on the 17th.
    It will either be great craic/banter or an all out pub brawl )))

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Enjoy it man. One of my favourite places in the world.

Cheers, was there about 13 years ago, the big kid in me can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Cheers, was there about 13 years ago, the big kid in me can't wait.

I brought my OH for the first time around then as well, we've been going back pretty much every year since. It doesn't seem as childish now with the kids. :pac:

Just make sure and try Frozen Butterbeer, you can thank me later.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I brought my OH for the first time around then as well, we've been going back pretty much every year since. It doesn't seem as childish now with the kids. :pac:

Just make sure and try Frozen Butterbeer, you can thank me later.

Mentioned it to my OH and she said it's already on the 'list' and then she asked didn't I read the 'list' properly ...lol

I think it's good we got them as it will help the team focus better. We were so far off the pace in the first leg against Augsburg and a bit sloppy in the final third last night.

There will certainly be an edge to the European atmosphere at Anfield. There really is nothing like it. I would love a 2-0 scoreline,1-0 would do too, not conceeding will be huge and give us a great advantage for the second leg. Cannot wait

All thoughts of Sunday are put on hold till tomorrow .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I can't call it but I'm excited about this EL tie. Normally hate United games but there's something about it being a knockout that I just can't shake thinking we'll up our game for this one.

Sturridge and Coutinho's fitness will be key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

8-10 wrote: »
    I can't call it but I'm excited about this EL tie. Normally hate United games but there's something about it being a knockout that I just can't shake thinking we'll up our game for this one.

Sturridge and Coutinho's fitness will be key.

We have a few back from injury and United may be missing arguably their best two players of the season so far in De Gea and Martial.

Should be a good game but the atmosphere will be top notch for both legs.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We have a few back from injury and United may be missing arguably their best two players of the season so far in De Gea and Martial.

Should be a good game but the atmosphere will be top notch for both legs.

Unless they have a relapse in injury, de Gea and Martial should be fine for the games.

5starpool wrote: »
    Unless they have a relapse in injury, de Gea and Martial should be fine for the games.

Yea asked the lads over there.

Can't wait for it now. We should be a threat going forward now unlike the last two games against United with Sturridge, Cout and even Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yea asked the lads over there.

Can't wait for it now. We should be a threat going forward now unlike the last two games against United with Sturridge, Cout and even Origi.

You expect Sturrdige to play?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You expect Sturrdige to play?

There's a chance but I won't count on it unlike he walks into the field to kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So will these Games against United be on Sunday at midday ! How I miss league games under the lights with 8.00 pm kickoffs against united.

So will these Games against United be on Sunday at midday ! How I miss league games under the lights with 8.00 pm kickoffs against united.

Are you serious? Why would Europa League games be on a Sunday at midday?

• Advertisement

I doubt he's serious.

Prob fell over and hit his head from laughing at cute panda's :D

I doubt he's serious.

Prob fell over and hit his head from laughing at cute panda's :D

I never expect to know what is going through Toby's head. Always best to ask.

I never expect to know what is going through Toby's head. Always best to ask.

He's an interesting character.

I enjoy his 'Poems by Owen' type rhymes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nope not serious. Just being sarcastic . These games prove there is no reason to keep switching league games to 7am on a Sunday, more sarcasm.
    If the fixture list threw up a game Liverpool V Man U Wednesday 8.05 kickoff its moved to suit tv or ''security'' and played on a Sunday or Saturday morning. I hate it.
    Its one of the reasons I'm looking forward to these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The away leg is a 6pm ko, not ideal for away fans or even a large part of the united fanbase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If we dont beat Utd I give up.

Bloody Van Gaal has never lost to Liverpool.

mikeym wrote: »
    If we dont beat Utd I give up.

Bloody Van Gaal has never lost to Liverpool.

Hopefully he will do it twice in 8 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hopefully he will do it twice in 8 days.

He's set all kinds of records in his short spell there - this one shouldn't be beyond him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Nope not serious. Just being sarcastic . These games prove there is no reason to keep switching league games to 7am on a Sunday, more sarcasm.
    If the fixture list threw up a game Liverpool V Man U Wednesday 8.05 kickoff its moved to suit tv or ''security'' and played on a Sunday or Saturday morning. I hate it.
    Its one of the reasons I'm looking forward to these games.

yet to be proven...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The away leg is a 6pm ko, not ideal for away fans or even a large part of the united fanbase.

I take it the home leg is 8pm then? Should make for a great atmosphere if it is! Just enough time to get a few swift pints in after work to loosen the vocal chords.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I take it the home leg is 8pm then? Should make for a great atmosphere if it is! Just enough time to get a few swift pints in after work to loosen the vocal chords.

You take it correctly. Well, 8.05pm to be precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Caballero has kept his place in goal for City according to The Guardian...suppose he'll pick tomorrow to have a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Caballero has kept his place in goal for City according to The Guardian...suppose he'll pick tomorrow to have a good game.

Can't be disappointed with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Very surprised by that. Doesn't really matter that much though, as backup goalkeepers usually play the game of their life against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Umaro wrote: »
    Very surprised by that. Doesn't really matter that much though, as backup goalkeepers usually play the game of their life against us.

Hopefully its a corrupted back-up or they have forgotten their passcode and can't remember their recovery email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

An interesting article describing Liverpools problems and how it may have turned the corner.

Since Klopp took over, it has attempted the most shots in the Premier League (305) and conceded the second-fewest (164). Despite this, the Reds have been outscored 10-8 and created only a few more good chances than their opponents

The problem for Liverpool seems to be that while the club has grown highly effective at winning possession and pushing forward, no one can make the key last pass or run to break down the defense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2016/02/26/manchester-city-and-liverpool-have-much-to-prove-in-league-cup-final/

.... no one can make the key last pass or run to break down the defense.......

Long story short, No Sturridge or one of his ilk for the most part. As per under Rodgers earlier in season.

Everton just sold 49.9% of the shares for new investment. That probably bad news for us as well with new investment coming their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hardly - they are in a ramshakle stadium, any improvement in their fortunes will need to be invested in a new home. Anyway they have several players they can sell for huge profit on their books if they so choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Hardly - they are in a ramshakle stadium, any improvement in their fortunes will need to be invested in a new home. Anyway they have several players they can sell for huge profit on their books if they so choose.

They guys a billionaire. If they drop a couple hundred million on players to go along with the likes of Stones, Coleman, Barkley and Lukaku then they'll have a really, really good side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    They guys a billionaire. If they drop a couple hundred million on players to go along with the likes of Stones, Coleman, Barkley and Lukaku then they'll have a really, really good side.

I hope Martinez gets to spend it, though I suspect he won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

DaveSuarez wrote: »

Does he actually have money or is he leveraging?

Anyone remember Hicks and his billions ?

The stadium needs an overhaul.

I can see Stones and Barkley leaving in the summer. Pretty sure Coleman signed a new contract recently but I suppose that doesn't matter anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge to score a winning hat-trick then fall down the Wembley steps while collecting his medal which put's him out of action till 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The tax man is after Alonso.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement