Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The brother asked me a hypothetical question and it is a difficult one, a win tomorrow or knocking out utd from Europe (which would be so sweet!) But I chose silverware tomorrow.

So if you could choose one or the other, what would ye go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The brother asked me a hypothetical question and it is a difficult one, a win tomorrow or knocking out utd from Europe (which would be so sweet!) But I chose silverware tomorrow.

I'd rather beat the best team in Manchester and get a trophy in the process.....even if its "only" the league cup....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Silverware.

Would stand well to the team to get a taste of winning something. Also what's the point loosing tomorrow and putting United out of the EL only to get knocked out the following round?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Silverware. No doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The tax man is after Alonso.

bowie_bitchface.gif

My Xabi would never, and if he did he'd be too clever to get caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A taste of winning stuff is no good if we go and get knocked out of the Europa by a team like Utd.
    I want both. So I I'd say, I'd rather silverware but then renegade on the deal and go beat Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The tax man is after Alonso.

And so he should be - his name is an anagram of 'O, loans.' Sneaky bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

my_team_liverpool_vs_man_city_160227.png

Kill em that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kill em that way.

For tomorrow?

We might as well not come out in the second half we'd be so far behind. Nobody in the middle to stop the runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Kill em that way.

Please, pretty please, line up like that...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I really, really, really hate those stupid hypothetical questions.

5starpool wrote: »

Well which is it, an end to hypothetical questions or one or the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Kill em that way.

Thats nearly worse than the time Benitez played 7 defenders against Portsmouth

Kill em that way.

A glorious 7-3 loss on the cards with that team.

bowie_bitchface.gif

My Xabi would never, and if he did he'd be too clever to get caught.

You could say our team are almost all absolute beginners and have yet to enter their golden years and haven't done enough to be considered heroes and that we're missing a starman, that they're under pressure to get the fans dancing in the streets but in fairness the team has gone through a lot of changes recently but hopefully the boys keep swinging tomorrow and don't commit a rock n roll suck de when ahead like they usually do or we will be singing ashes to ashes and no longer moonage daydreaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A taste of winning stuff is no good if we go and get knocked out of the Europa by a team like Utd.
    I want both. So I I'd say, I'd rather silverware but then renegade on the deal and go beat Utd.

A team like United? What does that mean exactly?

5starpool wrote: »

thumb_16674_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

quarryman wrote: »
    A team like United? What does that mean exactly?

Don't wet yourself, it doesn't mean Leeds, you haven't suddenly become relevant again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thats nearly worse than the time Benitez played 7 defenders against Portsmouth

Time he played 6 and 2 dm against spurs and we won 2 0 good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I like this, from Tony Barrett.

CcQ2abmUUAAL-hb.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A get together on final eve.

12801270_1145719288774259_8861259614835200582_n.jpg?oh=ebfa4463761d5975593ace7aaa385e05&oe=576BF8A0

You could say our team are almost all absolute beginners and have yet to enter their golden years and haven't done enough to be considered heroes and that we're missing a starman, that they're under pressure to get the fans dancing in the streets but in fairness the team has gone through a lot of changes recently but hopefully the boys keep swinging tomorrow and don't commit a rock n roll suck de when ahead like they usually do or we will be singing ashes to ashes and no longer moonage daydreaming.

Right. It's no game to let slip away. After all, we have one shot to win. It ain't easy to avoid the sense of doubt tonight, but in reality, in the heat of the morning on sunday the dreamers will be thinking everything's alright. It would be a sweet thing for our number seven to move on against his old club and become a future legend and big brother of Yaya, Kolo, to look back in anger at broken childhood toys and watch that man along with silly boy blue, Sterling. I keep forgettin' Joe 'The Lion' Allen who I think will never let me down and cause City to have little to no control.

Expecting a close game where time will crawl, but it's gonna be little wonder when all the madmen LFC fans don't sit down and flags fly like red sails around Wembley and we get our first trophy in nearly five years against dead man walking, Pellegrini. Hopefully, we'll all be waking up with sore heads the next day.

I'm counting 36 songs there. Find 'em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

monkey9 wrote: »

12801270_1145719288774259_8861259614835200582_n.jpg?oh=ebfa4463761d5975593ace7aaa385e05&oe=576BF8A0

Is he only wearing socks on one foot? Mad bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »

Looks more like maybe non-matching socks. Still though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

monkey9 wrote: »

Is Klopp wearing 2 odd socks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looks more like maybe non-matching socks. Still though..

Linda would still smash the life out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »

Linda isn't wearing any socks...she'll catch her death.

Right. It's no game to let slip away. After all, we have one shot to win. It ain't easy to avoid the sense of doubt tonight, but in reality, in the heat of the morning on sunday the dreamers will be thinking everything's alright. It would be a sweet thing for our number seven to move on against his old club and become a future legend and big brother of Yaya, Kolo, to look back in anger at broken childhood toys and watch that man along with silly boy blue, Sterling. I keep forgettin' Joe 'The Lion' Allen who I think will never let me down and cause City to have little to no control.

Expecting a close game where time will crawl, but it's gonna be little wonder when all the madmen LFC fans don't sit down and flags fly like red sails around Wembley and we get our first trophy in nearly five years against dead man walking, Pellegrini. Hopefully, we'll all be waking up with sore heads the next day.

I'm counting 36 songs there. Find 'em all.

Yeah, well, mine were more popular songs, hence more better. So you can stop showing off.

• Advertisement

Linda isn't wearing any socks...she'll catch her death.

Doesn't worry me, Linda could not wear anything and I wouldn't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,667 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Easy , knock utd out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I guess we'll see Klopp in a suit today, hopefully it's less of a novelty in the years to come!

Any team news yet? Anyone deffo not plating Lovren, Lallana etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Linda In Leather....saw that on VHS years ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

What's wrong with odd socks ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

On the hypothetical question, there will be more league cups sooner or later but a meeting with Man Utd in Europe might not happen again in our lifetimes so I'd choose the latter. The 2nd leg at OT would be reminiscent of the 'football genius' game that finished off Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

why does it have to be hypothetical ? i expect us to win today , and knocking the mancs out of cup and lvg to get sacked , be savage

much rather be facing city than everton , least people expect city to win so if they do its no biggy , but to lose a derby cup final be gutting

that said , any loss in a final is gutting

Linda In Leather....saw that on VHS years ago :o

Nah, Linda loves lace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ah crap. I'll be working during the match and hoped to watch at 7 but have to go to a funeral and won't see it till after 9.

Guaranteed some plike is going to tell me the score.

Bugger!

Looks like Utd fans want City to win today but us to win vs City on Wednesday. Confusing few days for them ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah crap. I'll be working during the match and hoped to watch at 7 but have to go to a funeral and won't see it till after 9.

Guaranteed some plike is going to tell me the score.

Bugger!

I'm missing it as well. Is it repeated later or do you mean highlights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mignolet, Clyne, Lucas, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Milner, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge

Lucas staring centre back.

killwill wrote: »
    Is Klopp wearing 2 odd socks?

Forgot to say this earlier but how can one wear two odd socks? The first one you put on is the correct sock and the second one is the odd one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sahko for captain.

Maybe the second one you put on is the correct sock.

Sahko for captain.

Maybe the second one you put on is the correct sock.

Possibly but the point still stands, there's only one odd sock.

Possibly but the point still stands, there's only one odd sock.

No, seems he has 2 socks on, just one is darker than the other. I suspect it is a trick of the light though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can we get a solid keeper please thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

How angry must he make the rest of the team... the 5 year contract must just be to get a fee or keep him as back up right?

If we don't buy a first XI goalkeeper in the summer I really will forever question the judgement of everyone at LFC in a position to decide these things until such time as we do replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Mignolet is still the number 1 keeper next season I am giving up on football altogether.

Time to start #MignoletOut!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement