Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

If Mignolet is still the number 1 keeper next season I am giving up on football altogether.

Time to start #MignoletOut!

Could we add Moreno to this? If he is still a Liverpool player at the start of next season I will cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    No, seems he has 2 socks on, just one is darker than the other. I suspect it is a trick of the light though.

I'm talking about socks in general not Klopps socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Could we add Moreno to this? If he is still a Liverpool player at the start of next season I will cry.

Most of our best play came down his side and he prob should have got a peno. Far from a major problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd throw Milner in free to sweeten any Mignolet deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Most of our best play came down his side and he prob should have got a peno. Far from a major problem.

But he can't defend.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    But he can't defend.

Neither can Dani Alves (not that he's as good or anything but thats not the point).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Neither can Dani Alves (not that he's as good or anything but thats not the point).

Ridiculous comment.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will people finally admit that this squad is bang average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Give him a 10 year contract.

• Advertisement

15 year

Will people finally admit that this squad is bang average.

A lot of average players in it alright. But we have some very talented ones too. We need a few players of Coutinho/Firmino/Sturridge class and we'll be fine. Two or three will make the players around them so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

A quality deep midfielder would transform this team, we are either too slow with the ball or every challenge is at full speed, leaving acres of space. No finesse in the centre of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

The midfield is so poor, full of running but no end product, a lot of lateral passing. I've been a huge Henderson fan but since his injury he hasn't been the same player, hopefully it's a blip and he'll rediscover his form but if not he's only good enough for the bench. Likewise with Milner, who's been quite a let down. I do like Can however, wouldn't mind seeing him playing an attacking role in a midfield 3, I think he's got lots of potential and under Klopp he'll fulfil it.

worse than useless there lolanna

Toure lucky there's people to seperate them. Lolanna would smash him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's frightening how much Lucas is boss !!!

useless cunce

Sh!te penos.

Has Lallana scored a peno for us?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It's frightening how much Lucas is boss !!!

And then he misses, not on his own unfortunately.

We did well to get it to pens

We had to lose on pens eventually :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Put your mortgage on the quarters of the UEFA going the same way as today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Missing three penalties in a row is awful. Yeah they were saves but they weren't particularly good efforts. Best penalty taker didn't even take one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Never really looked like winning that and it would've been a travesty if we had to be honest.

The ref was fairly awful and it probably never should've gone to extra time because City should've had a stonewall penalty at 1-0 and Moreno should've been sent off.
    After that, Kompany made two obviously yellow card fouls and Toure should've received a red for the tackle on Lallana and another for punching him in the face.

Can't fault any of the players really. Even Mignolet. He didn't force the club not to sign a replacement. He made a few decent saves but having someone like that in goal is always going to be a problem. It's one we've decided to accept this season and it's going to be one of the factors in us not winning anything.

We were missing a couple of lads for the shootout, which was a pity. You'd want Benteke in there, but obviously we played better without him. An irony associated with playing your strongest team. Bar Can's penalty our 3 were all awful that required bog standard saves.
    With the likes of Aguero and Toure on the pitch you need to be more clinical. Dunno was Milner still able to walk but I don't like dodgy lads who don't score goals much being given the nod over your best taker.

It's nice for Pellegrini to at least get some silverware but it would've been a lot nicer for Klopp to get some so soon.

If anything can be gained from this I hope it's that the redundant midfield 3 of Can/Hendo/Milner doesnt' work in attack. In games like this it's reasonable enough, because you're playing a dangerous team, but Lallana coming on made us a lot better.
    I hope it's something we look at going forward - either Lallana or Coutinho in for one of the midfield 3 and getting another attacker on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I know he made some good saves but Mig is just a mistake waiting to happen.......add in Moreno going missing all the time and a midfield that cant protect the back 4 and it is no wonder why we concede so many sloppy goals/chances.

Ah Lalannas peno was decent. The other two were poor but Coutinhos looks amazing if the keeper bites like he did for Cans.

All in all we weren't great but we weren't awful and a good city showed up.

Lucas at cb should be something we continue with tho. He could be our Masch. Put a really good CDM who can use the ball in there and our team looks a million times better. If peak Alonso is there it alone would make us serious top 4.

Carragher dying to have a dig at Mr. Glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Missing three penalties in a row is awful. Yeah they were saves but they weren't particularly good efforts. Best penalty taker didn't even take one.
    I'm more surprised when we do score penalties, the players at the club are hopeless at striking a dead ball. Corners, free kicks, they might as well pass them back to Mignolet to boot it long.

Ah Lalannas peno was decent. The other two were poor but Coutinhos looks amazing if the keeper bites like he did for Cans.

All in all we weren't great but we weren't awful and a good city showed up.

Lucas at cb should be something we continue with tho. He could be our Masch. Put a really good CDM who can use the ball in there and our team looks a million times better. If peak Alonso is there it alone would make us serious top 4.

Thought Lucas was decent, high to the corner with power......

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Shame about the Peno but Lucas was Fcuking Boss today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should make Wednesday's match a rematch for the title ala WWF. Only for Stoke to come and pin City for and winning the belt.
    Stoke, the ultimate heels.

NukaCola wrote: »

Thought it was too central, it was the path of the diving keeper. If he'd put it a little bit wider it'd be buried. I'm prob being a bit too critical there tho. He was the motm anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You can't fault the players, they made a good come back and both teams had chances to win, although we were the luckier of the two not to concede. Mig made up for the goal, made some great saves later on.

Penalties were a disaster but not like you can rehearse them.

Anyway, Klopp here for 5 months, gets to final and we lose on penalties. I hope this is a sign of things to come and we grow from it and get to more finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

boohoo.gif~c200

I will say that Pell got his tactics spot on tonight. They roughed our forwards up early and Fernando played super deep to deny Danny and Bobby the space to move into.

We tried hard tho today. There's nothing to be ashamed of for any of the lads imo. Bar Mignolet.. you're still a clown and two of the great saves were just kicked at you (still you did amazing for the Ageuro one... you clown. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well that's a pity. For City to miss their first pen and then to produce a series of terrible pens ourselves. Although Lallana's wasn't too bad to be fair.

City much the better side over the first 90 minutes although we did have the best of extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Off to Wednesday game would have been fun if Liverpool won but ahh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Carragher dying to have a dig at Mr. Glass.

We're the penalty takers selected by Klopp or the players, I didn't catch the selection. I'm fairly miffed with Sturridge and Milner not taking any.

Sturridge wanted to be the hero
    To take the one that won it
    Shame we lost it before he had his chance
    Selfish of him to want to go last
    Should of took second to put the pressure on

Perfect height for keeper to save. Neither high nor low enough. And too central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2 things we can take from today. lucas best position now is cb. milner should only play full back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

High is bad. Along the ground, into the roof of the net or right into the corner.

All 3 penalties were within arms length of Caballero.

You even see with Navas' - it wasn't great and Mignolet possibly should've done better, but it's tricky when it's right in the corner like that.

Also, I didn't think any of Migs saves made up for what he did.
    It was a slide tackle, a shot right into him from point blank range and Aguero's 1v1 was entirely down to Aguero hitting it straight into his hand when he could've just rolled it along the ground underneath it.

Doing the bare minimum required of him doesn't make up for the howler.

Penalty takers were strange and in a poor order.

Bit odd that our regular penalty taker wasn't among the first four to take one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Lucas penalty wasn't great. It was almost identical to the one against Stoke and any keeper would have assumed he'd go the same way. Coutinho's penalty was awful, absolutely horrendous.

Perfect height for keeper to save. Neither high nor low enough. And too central.

I didn't catch the replay, thought it was high top corner but obviously not.....

Augme wrote: »
    Lucas penalty wasn't great. It was almost identical to the one against Stoke and any keeper would have assumed he'd go the same way. Coutinho's penalty was awful, absolutely horrendous.

Keeper was a foot off his line for it......surprised no one commented on that being honest.....

• Advertisement

Milner
    Sturridge
    Can
    Coutinho
    Henderson
    Lallana
    Lucas

Easy now. But makes sense.
    Lucas to take one before Milner
    Weird

Rat Heem happy now.
    Toure kicked out at Lallana when they wrestled
    Rat Heem and Toure reenacting it and laughing
    Was a red to lash out like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Overall thought we did well, Can and Lucas were immense all game. Firmino had a shocker, lost count of the amount of times he lost the ball or just gave it away. Penalties is a lottery, weve had our share of luck in them. Move on and look forward.

Milner has been piss poor for us.......disappointing and I wasn't expecting him to be amazing.......a player we could absolutely do without. Lallana similar, if he showed half the fight while playing that he did squaring up to Toure he might raise his game above a 6.

Firmino and Sturridge were disappointing today also. Moreno/Mignolet are the most frustrating players to watch......they'd give you a headache.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yakult wrote: »
    Penalties were a disaster but not like you can rehearse them.

Huh?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement