Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Emre Can has been top top class tonight

One bad pass aside, which started the build up to their second goal he's been immense yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I disagree completely. Giroud made a good run and is a handful, Sakho is only back from injury. Giroud is going to win some of them. Sakho has proved numerous times he's about the only player we have who can defend at set pieces. You've said before that you don't rate him and its clouding your judgement imo. That goal is on the keeper.

If he isnt fit Caulker should be on. Sahko offered nothing other than a nervous stare there. Giving him a pass there is inexplicable, keeper is never going to much (especially a poor keeper) on a ball diverted from its path from a yard out. He absolutely has to get some protection from his CB and Sahko gave him nothing. He has come round at get his body between Giroud and the goal.

Ahh, honestly at this stage i think people are sticking up for Sahko out of hope. I haven't seen it. He's aggressive in the tackle and his passing is good. He is really poor at the nitty gritty stuff in the box, his positioning is suspect and he is terrible at marking either the zone his is assigned or the man and that costs goals. All the big slide tackles and nice passes will not make up for those mistakes and it costs goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mignolet, how I hate thee so.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There is a such a stark difference in the defensive line between someone like Toure or Lovern (when fit) compared to Skrtel its quite eye opening. Giroud has been caught offside a few times due to the line the two CBs are holding. Skrtel in comparison would be sitting further back, keeping him onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Firmino must save up all the good bits and then just use them all up in one match in a big splurge!

If he isnt fit Caulker should be on. Sahko offered nothing other than a nervous stare there. Giving him a pass there is inexplicable, keeper is never going to much (especially a poor keeper) on a ball diverted from its path from a yard out. He absolutely has to get some protection from his CB and Sahko gave him nothing. He has come round at get his body between Giroud and the goal.

Ahh, honestly at this stage i think people are sticking up for Sahko out of hope. I haven't seen it. He's aggressive in the tackle and his passing is good. He is really poor at the nitty gritty stuff in the box, his positioning is suspect and he is terrible at marking either the zone his is assigned or the man and that costs goals. All the big slide tackles and nice passes will not make up for those mistakes and it costs goals.

Not to mention the mess he made of the first goal.

But hey. Hope springs eternal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I thought the defenders have done pretty well today, yet again two cheap goals to concede but I'd not be blaming the defenders for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

There's zero chance of him doing that... he can't break the laws of physics and run through players. With better organization it doesn't get to that position. Its like when you're in work and you know one of the other lads is completely useless and will prob mess it up. Puts you on edge.

Not to mention the mess he made of the first goal.

But hey. Hope springs eternal.

You mean the moment after he'd had a pretty huge head to head collision with Giroud?!? Get the boat... that goal is 100% on Mignolet. How does he get beaten at that angle. Not even a rocket of a shot.

The first goal where he was recovering from Giroud smacking him in the face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Don't worry lads. Not much left on Mig's contract.

Rio Ferdy with the Sakho/Cissokho crazy bantz.

P!ss off with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sakho still getting mistook for Cissokho.

Good man Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I thought Milner and Moreno were hopeless for the first goal along with Mignolet. Both CB's did nothing wrong, they can't be everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Upon reflection . Build from the back. Use our 20m Jan budget and buy a keeper.

Any keeper at this stage.

Surely the players themselves have no faith left in Mig

You mean the moment after he'd had a pretty huge head to head collision with Giroud?!? Get the boat... that goal is 100% on Mignolet. How does he get beaten at that angle. Not even a rocket of a shot.

Should have fallen on the ground then, ref would have blew up for a head injury.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Upon reflection . Build from the back. Use our 20m Jan budget and buy a keeper.

Any keeper at this stage.

Surely the players themselves have no faith left in Mig

Ohhhhkayyy, nothing wrong with the CBs...nothing at all.

Amazing the lengths that you will go to to fool yourselves. Easy to hang a poor keeper, but really... poor positioning, over agressive in the wrong places and the bumble brothers get a pass. I dunno, Sahko will continue to let you down.

Can't wait til he is a squad player and no more.

Keep on hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Missed the first half, just seeing the goals now. Why are we offering mignolet a new contract, he really isn't good enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stupid Goalkeepers is all i am saying

mav79 wrote: »
    I thought Milner and Moreno were hopeless for the first goal along with Mignolet. Both CB's did nothing wrong, they can't be everywhere

Sakho was caught out after the knock to the head, resulting in him being slow to react, but obviously you can't really fault him on that. Mig is to blame but Tbf, Ramsey made it difficult by taking his shot very quickly.

FFS Chino.

Easy to hang a poor keeper.

Its easy when he's to blame. Mignolet wasn't even paying attention for the second goal. The ball went under his ****ing legs!!

CB's are also shakey, big big problems across our back 5 bar Clyne being honest.

Ibe making Monreal look decent.

Edit: Klopp calling him over for a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ibe and Milner, shag off..

• Advertisement

Sakho purely at fault there.

Sakho falls over in the box far too often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana 3930 cruyff turn's so far in the game with nothing to show from them

Giroud one cruyff turn and 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'm like a broken record in here about Sakho but he needs to go. He's pure rubbish.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I'm like a broken record in here about Sakho but he needs to go. He's pure rubbish.

He's our best defender by a county mile. Not even close.

• Advertisement

Ibe's final ball is terrible.

Getting f*ck all from the ref all night.

Which is it?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Which is it?

Well a distance of a mile isn't close... but i guess thats relative.

When you look at our central defenders it's debatable but even if he is he's still not good enough. We need a complete clear out in that position.
    He's very akward for a player that tries to hold on to the ball, looks uncomfortable doing it to. Goes to ground in dangerous positions a slips regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

That means he's the best of a bad bunch. Nowhere close to being good enough for a team trying to get into top 4.

colly10 wrote: »
    When you look at our central defenders it's debatable but even if he is he's still not good enough. We need a complete clear out in that position

We're talking about a guy who was captain of psg at 20 and a regular french international. How about we put him alongside someone who's not a complete clown show and see how he does.

We have enough issues in the squad that need to be fixed. Really wrecks my head when people spout rubbish like "Sakho needs to be replaced" "moreno is useless get rid" "Firmino waste of money, ship him out". These are legit some of our better players. Now maybe thats an indictment of where we are but at the end of the day it is. A goalkeeper, winger and defensive mid should be the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We're talking about a guy who was captain of psg at 20 and a regular french international. How about we put him alongside someone who's not a complete clown show and see how he does.

That's what I think. He always takes a few games to get up to speed when coming back from injury and unfortunately in those games he doesn't look himself !!

Benteke has no right to be complaining Ibe didn't cut that back.

• Advertisement

I know he came as a player with huge potential but ye can only judge him on what he's producing. Don't see how he'll suddenly learn how to defend when ye put him alongside someone decent

Lallana & Benteke cost the guts of £60m not if its :( or :mad: or both :mad::(

colly10 wrote: »
    I know he came as a player with huge potential but ye can only judge him on what he's producing. Don't see how he'll suddenly learn how to defend when ye put him alongside someone decent

But he knows how to defend. Nobody has ever looked good beside Skrtel. He plays 5 yards deeper than everyone else. ~Sakho has had runs of games where he's looked like a top class defender. I've no doubt in his ability and how much would it cost to upgrade...

Goal here for us... come on lads!!

Arsenal bringing on their bus.

Lallana trying to rally everyone...f*cking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Can is making a lot of mistakes now.

Arsenal love to roll on the ground.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Can is making a lot of mistakes now.

Tired... no fault in his performance for me tonight. He was sensational in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BT Sport forced to change their schedule to show Exeter replay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Whoever is in charge of paperwork for transfers over the summer is going to have sore hands come August 31st

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement