Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Milner is our highest earner on 150k a week. For a club who are reluctant to pay big wages I think that is a very poor deal for us. He played at City but really he is a midtable PL player like many other of our PL signings. Henderson has been very poor this season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MD1990 wrote: »
    Milner is our highest earner on 150k a week. For a club who are reluctant to pay big wages I think that is a very poor deal for us. He played at City but really he is a midtable PL player like many other of our PL signings. Henderson has been very poor this season as well.

With Henderson, obviously that injury is a massive part of that. But also, I don't think I've ever regarded him as a CM, which is largely where he is asked to play.

His qualities are far more effective when pushed further up the field, and let press and cause havoc from there. I don't believe he will ever be able to control a game from deeper.

Knex. wrote: »
    With Henderson, obviously that injury is a massive part of that. But also, I don't think I've ever regarded him as a CM, which is largely where he is asked to play.

His qualities are far more effective when pushed further up the field, and let press and cause havoc from there. I don't believe he will ever be able to control a game from deeper.
    Gundogen would be a incredible signing but very unlikely I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Part of those wages are his signing on fee from being a free transfer. Apparently Matip is going to be on 100k+ for similar reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Milner will be a decent player to have as back up in the squad next season, like a lot of English internationals his abilities are limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A new Keeper

Two full backs.

A couple of midfielders (CM's & Wingers)

A top class striker.

A new captain.

Getting rid of all the deadwood in the squad.

That is what is needed in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Into work this morning, get the 'eyes' and shrugged facial from one if the lads,pool fan..

"Hes got to go" says he, thinking he meant mingolet i agreed and said a few changes are needed but we did well to get penos and that his mistakes lead directly to goals so ya,i agree..

" not the fcking keeper" he says. "The fcking manager"

How i managed to not get fired in that 30 second aftermath ill never know.

The guys about 50 yrs old too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fans are idiots, on the internet they are more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Into work this morning, get the 'eyes' and shrugged facial from one if the lads,pool fan..

"Hes got to go" says he, thinking he meant mingolet i agreed and said a few changes are needed but we did well to get penos and that his mistakes lead directly to goals so ya,i agree..

" not the fcking keeper" he says. "The fcking manager"

How i managed to not get fired in that 30 second aftermath ill never know.

The guys about 50 yrs old too.

I don't get this at all. The man has been in the job what 6 months and people want him gone. That's a disgrace.

From what I've seen so far I'm happy to have him here. Two things really stand out as an improvement for me

1: If we go behind now the heads don't instantly go down and there is a bit of belief we can get something from the game.

2. The team are pressing a lot better than previously.

However Klopp hasn't got the right tools for the job just yet, ie. his high intensity pressing game so he needs to get in a few aggressive/high tempo players who will give this extra bit.

People in here have alluded to it and I believe the same that the squad is very one dimensional, to many similar technical players who are not strong enough to fight for the ball.

For me I believe we need a new Keeper, hard as nails DM and a out and out winger. I'd be inclined to hold off on the striker for the minute with Origi playing well, Ings coming back and Sturridge(hopefully stays fit), and Benteke if Klopp decided to keep him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Penos are a lottery and on the main we have had more good luck than bad luck from them over the years.

The reality of yesterday is that if City had won 3 or 4 nil in 90 mins we would have had little to complain about.
    We had nothing up front ,and nothing in the middle , and while I know losing a center half early was problematic but we did not make a change until far to late in the day.

We played against a really bad keeper who let in 5 goals last weekend and never made him make a save until the penalty shoot out.

Daniel had a quite day , but when you see him coming back to the half way line to get a touch you can see something is seriously wrong and a change should have been made.

I trust in Klopp but he had a bad day at the office yesterday , no matter what you think of the tools at his disposal.

The lads calling for his head are mad but there is a case to be answered from Klopp on his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think next season (Uh-oh) is when we can actually start to see what Klopp can do from his point of view. He's given the squad a big chance to show who/what he needs to bring us forward. I would expect a good few signings made by Klopp and probably a good few players sold.......its not ideal to have so much upheaval every summer though.....Spurs have shown what a decent settled squad/manager can do but we absolutely need to add players, we have a lot of ok players that dont really fit IMO to what Klopp needs and its probably best to move them on........

Origi should have been on the moment City scored - he should be starting games in my opinion, Studge is clearly not at the pace of a quick game, when Derek came on his simple darting runs immediately caused some problems for their defence.

Origi should have been on the moment City scored - he should be starting games in my opinion, Studge is clearly not at the pace of a quick game, when Derek came on his simple darting runs immediately caused some problems for their defence.

Easy with Hindsight but I'd have started with Origi and bring Danny on with 30 to go.....painfully off the pace, nice to see him getting more minutes all the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Gerrard - Alonso - Mascherano = We have the best midfield in the world!

Can - Milner - Henderson = We have the worst midfield in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would play Ward in nets now in the league from the Palace game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I would play Ward in nets now in the league from the Palace game

Not going to happen though. Mig will be between the sticks until the end of the season at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Should be noted that City have Fernando/Fernandinho in their midfield and that allows for Yaya when he's arsed alongside Sterling/Silva/Aguero to to the damage going forward. We are similar in allowing Coutinho/Sturridge/Firminho to do the same thing with a trio of Hendo/Can/Milner - so all this talk of World Class midfielders etc, we are not going to be in the market for anyone close to World Class and that's a fact. Klopp must work some other method to win games next season.

We still gave them a decent run for their money though and as per usual Aguero is different class and at the top of his game whereas Danny is only really playing 60 mins per game until now. Yes we need to add quality, but it'll maybe take 1-2 windows to achieve this so no need to be ridiculous in demanding so many new players.

Klopp will be judged on his next season, after a pre-season and full summer to make his squad. It's pure nonsense to make stupid judgements on him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Henderson looks finished for me lads, that might seem knee jerk but if he can't overcome this injury he is useless to us. He was never the most talented but he got about the pitch, was creative and chipped in with a few goals. His problem isn't form its physical. He looks an absolute shadow of the player of the last 2 seasons.

Break the bank to solve the goalkeeper and CM situation in the summer, that is all I want to see.

Moreno - not good enough, one of the first to go in the summer IMO but let Flanno and Smith fight it out till the end of the season and see if they are good enough.

Winger - desperately needed, the side is so one paced but I would give Markovic a go, if it doesn't work replace in January. Ibe should go out on loan to a premier league side and Ojo should be promoted to the bench.

Striker - even with the inevitable sale of Benteke, Klopp will only play one striker so we have Sturridge,Origi, Ings and then Firmino, we are fine there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Should be noted that City have Fernando/Fernandinho in their midfield and that allows for Yaya when he's arsed alongside Sterling/Silva/Aguero to to the damage going forward. We are similar in allowing Coutinho/Sturridge/Firminho to do the same thing with a trio of Hendo/Can/Milner - so all this talk of World Class midfielders etc, we are not going to be in the market for anyone close to World Class and that's a fact. Klopp must work some other method to win games next season.

We still gave them a decent run for their money though and as per usual Aguero is different class and at the top of his game whereas Danny is only really playing 60 mins per game until now. Yes we need to add quality, but it'll maybe take 1-2 windows to achieve this so no need to be ridiculous in demanding so many new players.

Klopp will be judged on his next season, after a pre-season and full summer to make his squad. It's pure nonsense to make stupid judgements on him now.

Not going to get a full summer and some players may miss the start of the season because of the Olympics, Euros, and Copa America

LOAN WATCH

Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) injured
    Vigouroux, Williams, (Swindon Town) Vig full game in 1-2 victory, Williams injured
    Wisdom (Norwich) injured
    Markovic (Fenerbache) injured
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) unused sub
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) Played full game in 0-0
    Sergi Canos (Brentford) Played from start in 3-0 win (scored one, made one) and 2-1 defeat
    Balotelli (Milan) two very brief sub appearances
    Alberto (Deportivo) played full game in 0-1 defeat
    Guijic ( Red Star Belgrade) 1-2 win, played as a No 10.
    Fulton (Portsmouth) two full games 1-0 defeat and 2-1 win.
    Allan (Sint-Truidense) came on as sub at HT in 1-2 defeat

Canos has been called into the U19 squad for a game on March 2nd. Allan was with the Brazil U20 training squad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

LOAN WATCH

Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) injured
    Vigouroux, Williams, (Swindon Town) Vig full game in 1-2 victory, Williams injured
    Wisdom (Norwich) injured
    Markovic (Fenerbache) injured
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) unused sub
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) Played full game in 0-0
    Sergi Canos (Brentford) Played from start in 3-0 win (scored one, made one) and 2-1 defeat
    Balotelli (Milan) two very brief sub appearances
    Alberto (Deportivo) played full game in 0-1 defeat
    Guijic ( Red Star Belgrade) 1-2 win, played as a No 10.
    Fulton (Portsmouth) two full games 1-0 defeat and 2-1 win.
    Allan (Sint-Truidense) came on as sub at HT in 1-2 defeat

Canos has been called into the U19 squad for a game on March 2nd. Allan was with the Brazil U20 training squad.

nothing much to write home about there apart from Canos showing promise and us possibly getting a feee for Luis Alberto from Depor if he continues to contribute there

rob316 wrote: »
    Henderson looks finished for me lads, that might seem knee jerk but if he can't overcome this injury he is useless to us.

Form has completely dropped but finished? Completely OTT.......I'd say its a combination of form and his injury.....he was never a player to control a game but with the midfield partnerships he's been a part of it exposes him more. Still has a lot to offer nevertheless......I'd still start him over any other Midfielder but thats probably because our midfield isn't fit for purpose to begin with..Milner/Can/Henderson/Lucas/Allen, it doesn't matter what combination we play there isn't enough quality to be overly effective and control games....

Starting with Henderson is starting with 10 players (9 if you count Mig, 8 if you count Moreno).

He can't run properly and if he can;t do that there is little point playing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think a hyypia-esqe stripping of the captaincy could work for hendo, let him focus only on his football and nothing else.

klose wrote:
    Think a hyypia-esqe stripping of the captaincy could work for hendo, let him focus only on his football and nothing else.

Would agree,end of season change though,not now,will point blame if its done now,he doesnt deserve blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

RayCon wrote: »
    ... add to that the time he let Balotelli take the ball out his hands for the peno against Besiktas ... Capt my arse.

The most damning thing about that incident was the fact he even tried to take the ball of Balotelli. A great captain wants the best for their team and knows their own strengthens and weaknesses. How he ever thought he was a better peno taker than Balotelli I'll never know. Shows how far he's fallen when he's now not even willing to stand up and take one in a penalty shoot-out.

On that note while I slated Coutinho yesterday for his effort I give him credit for taking one. Same with Lallana, often criticised for not being good enough(which is probably true) but he showed bottle stepping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Main complaint I would have with Coutinho's penalty was that he didn't try lob their keeper when he was so far off the line.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What I've noticed about Henderson is that he holds back when striking the ball. I could be seeing it all wrong of course, but it's like he's afraid or unable to put power behind a shot.
    He was also fairly handy at dropping diagonal balls into the box over the defences shoulders prior to his injury. Any time he tries it now, he is not landing it at all.
    His crosses are also hit too long and lofted rather than struck.

This could be all ring rust, but i'd expect it to have shaken off after a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Augme wrote: »
    The most damning thing about that incident was the fact he even tried to take the ball of Balotelli. A great captain wants the best for their team and knows their own strengthens and weaknesses. How he ever thought he was a better peno taker than Balotelli I'll never know. Shows how far he's fallen when he's now not even willing to stand up and take one in a penalty shoot-out.

On that note while I slated Coutinho yesterday for his effort I give him credit for taking one. Same with Lallana, often criticised for not being good enough(which is probably true) but he showed bottle stepping up.

He did'nt take the ball for himself he took it for Sturridge, he was the designated peno taker that match, Ballotelli pulled rank and you don't do that. If you're a Messi or a Suarez then maybe you'll get away with it but not if you're an overated, stroppy, useless twat like balotelli

NukaCola wrote: »
    Form has completely dropped but finished? Completely OTT.......I'd say its a combination of form and his injury.....he was never a player to control a game but with the midfield partnerships he's been a part of it exposes him more. Still has a lot to offer nevertheless......I'd still start him over any other Midfielder but thats probably because our midfield isn't fit for purpose to begin with..Milner/Can/Henderson/Lucas/Allen, it doesn't matter what combination we play there isn't enough quality to be overly effective and control games....

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but if its physical he is finished at this level if he cant overcome it. Its just a fact.

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but if its physical he is finished at this level if he cant overcome it. Its just a fact.

Why do you think he's finished because of the injury? Was it career threatening? I was under the impression it wasn't as bad as first thought? Not clued in on his injury being honest, thought it wasn't that big a deal.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why do you think he's finished because of the injury? Was it career threatening? I was under the impression it wasn't as bad as first thought? Not clued in on his injury being honest, thought it wasn't that big a deal.....

There's no cure for it, some muscle need to rupture to help it but that hasn't happened yet. Of course he and the club are going to make out its not as bad as first thought, but the proof has been in his performances. He can't run, can't tackle and can't shoot, he is useless to us in his current situation. If he cant recover, he is finished at this club, its really not OTT. Better players than Henderson have experienced huge unrecoverable drops in there performances after certain injuries.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm probably one of the few that actually rate Henderson. He's just a pity at the moment.

Break the bank to solve the goalkeeper and CM situation in the summer, that is all I want to see.

Moreno - not good enough, one of the first to go in the summer IMO but let Flanno and Smith fight it out till the end of the season and see if they are good enough.

Winger - desperately needed, the side is so one paced but I would give Markovic a go, if it doesn't work replace in January. Ibe should go out on loan to a premier league side and Ojo should be promoted to the bench.

Striker - even with the inevitable sale of Benteke, Klopp will only play one striker so we have Sturridge,Origi, Ings and then Firmino, we are fine there.

100% agree with this.

I reckon Klopp is open to playing 2 strikers, as seen yesterday with Origi & Sturridge. Injuries have limited us so far under Klopp up front.

I would consider Sakho as captain. He is a natural born leader having captained PSG at 19 & the French national team.
    Lucas too could be a good captain too or a vice captain. Milner choosen as vice-captain ahead of him was a poor decision but Rodgers did want to sell him.

I would consider Sakho as captain. He is a natural born leader having captained PSG at 19 & the French national team.
    Lucas too could be a good captain too or a vice captain. Milner choosen as vice-captain ahead of him was a poor decision but Rodgers did want to sell him.

Sahko shouldn't need an armband to be the captain and boss of the backline. I'm more worried about him constantly running into Midfield for headers and getting caught in no mans land so much like he did yesterday - that and ending up on his arse way too much for a quality Centre half.

His attitude is great but performances do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

There's no cure for it, some muscle need to rupture to help it but that hasn't happened yet. Of course he and the club are going to make out its not as bad as first thought, but the proof has been in his performances. He can't run, can't tackle and can't shoot, he is useless to us in his current situation. If he cant recover, he is finished at this club, its really not OTT. Better players than Henderson have experienced huge unrecoverable drops in there performances after certain injuries.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm probably one of the few that actually rate Henderson. He's just a pity at the moment.

The injury Henderson is reported to have is called Plantar Fasciitis. There's plenty of treatment options for it and the VAST majority of folk with it recover FULLY. A minority might need surgical intervention. I'm not sure where you're getting the 'muscle must rupture' remark from but it's bo11ocks. I know this cause I treat people with the condition every day of the week and have had it in either foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Sahko shouldn't need an armband to be the captain and boss of the backline. I'm more worried about him constantly running into Midfield for headers and getting caught in no mans land so much like he did yesterday - that and ending up on his arse way too much for a quality Centre half.

His attitude is great but performances do the talking.

There's the bones of a great CB in there but someone is going to have sit down and convince him that it doesn't always need to be him rushing in to attack the ball, that he can sit and hold position, that a whole defensive line should be looking to him for discipline and shape.

There is an argument that he is overcompensating because of the loose canon behaviour of the GK, the LB and occasionally his CB partner but you'd be looking for someone to sort them out rather than overcompensate and lose composure.

Henderson is nowhere near captain material, but then again, we dont really have a stand out captain. Part of our problem....no leaders who know when to fight and when to calm things down.

Looking on the bright side, Origi looked good and despite the mistake Mignolet made some very good saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Sakho is a joke, he will never have the composure to lead a defence not to mind a team, spends more time falling in his arse than anything else, what he did to Can yesterday was so miss judged and wreckless it's hard to comprehend the only thing more mind boggling is the love he recieves on here which is completely ott.

SM01 wrote: »
    The injury Henderson is reported to have is called Plantar Fasciitis. There's plenty of treatment options for it and the VAST majority of folk with it recover FULLY. A minority might need surgical intervention. I'm not sure where you're getting the 'muscle must rupture' remark from but it's bo11ocks. I know this cause I treat people with the condition every day of the week and have had it in either foot.

Thanks mate, you sound like you know your stuff so I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very disappointed, but can't complain. I think the best team on the day won. Good run though, onwards.

There's the bones of a great CB in there but someone is going to have sit down and convince him that it doesn't always need to be him rushing in to attack the ball, that he can sit and hold position, that a whole defensive line should be looking to him for discipline and shape.

There is an argument that he is overcompensating because of the loose canon behaviour of the GK, the LB and occasionally his CB partner but you'd be looking for someone to sort them out rather than overcompensate and lose composure.

Henderson is nowhere near captain material, but then again, we dont really have a stand out captain. Part of our problem....no leaders who know when to fight and when to calm things down.

Looking on the bright side, Origi looked good and despite the mistake Mignolet made some very good saves.

Sahko does indeed have to cover for the ever disapearing Moreno and i'd give him some slack for that - i'd just like to see him command it more than needing to clear up other peoples mess. That header on Can was prime example - trust the guys in front of you. Still though he needs a solid partner and that'll help. He can only improve.

Leaders are hard to come by on the pitch, nobody wants to sell their leaders fact - Hendo just doesn't seme to be able to lead by example and perhaps his injury is hampering this but i'd love to see the Hendo that was maurading into guys with his pace and power than what we see these days, Or perhaps we ask too much.

As for Mig - was at the game Thursday and he was excellent. Commanding and when he came for a ball he got it with authority. I was just thinking he was having a great game in the final then he does THAT ... of course his 2 saves from Aguero afterwards were class the second was so impressive.

Unfortunately as a keeper you live a die by the small mistakes. Who'd have though Willy Cabalero (Who is dirt by the way) would be the hero. That's football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

SM01 wrote: »

Bizarre posts here sometimes. I have never heard of any injury where it requires another muscle to rupture in order for it to heal. The Daily Mail has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mosstin wrote: »
    Bizarre posts here sometimes. I have never heard of any injury where it requires another muscle to rupture in order for it to heal. The Daily Mail has a lot to answer for.

What was being reported was that a rupture in the plantar fascia band of tissue under the heel would relieve the pressure and pain. No idea myself if this is accurate or not though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordan-henderson-liverpool-fc-injury-10744365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Common injury in American Football. A lot depends on whether or not its a full tear, or partial. Partial is actually worse, and is much harder to recover from.

I assumed when the spoke about the rupture, it was that the partial tear grew into a complete tear, and that would then allow Henderson to properly recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What was being reported was that a rupture in the plantar fascia band of tissue under the heel would relieve the pressure and pain. No idea myself if this is accurate or not though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordan-henderson-liverpool-fc-injury-10744365

Lots of disputes even among experts, including surgeons, about the nature of the condition. Is it a tear? Is it a degeneration of the aponeurosis? Is there inflammation or not? A chap by the name of Craig Payne - a highly regarded podiatrist - is my first reference point for changing treatment protocols where I work. If anyone is bored and wants to know more, Google his name and the condition. Suffice to say, the intensity of pain does vary on a person to person basis. My personally experience is I could play football (not very high standard admittedly!) with no adverse pain. It does tend to alleviate and disappear in most instances over 6 to 9 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Fair enough then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I don't get this at all. The man has been in the job what 6 months and people want him gone. That's a disgrace.

From what I've seen so far I'm happy to have him here. Two things really stand out as an improvement for me

1: If we go behind now the heads don't instantly go down and there is a bit of belief we can get something from the game.

2. The team are pressing a lot better than previously.

However Klopp hasn't got the right tools for the job just yet, ie. his high intensity pressing game so he needs to get in a few aggressive/high tempo players who will give this extra bit.

People in here have alluded to it and I believe the same that the squad is very one dimensional, to many similar technical players who are not strong enough to fight for the ball.

For me I believe we need a new Keeper, hard as nails DM and a out and out winger. I'd be inclined to hold off on the striker for the minute with Origi playing well, Ings coming back and Sturridge(hopefully stays fit), and Benteke if Klopp decided to keep him.

I am happy about having Klopp as manager for one simple reason above any other reason anyone can put forward. Football with Klopp is entertaining again. Right from his press conferences, of which I now watch them all where I never previously did, through to everything he does. And sorry folks but that is the reason we all got into football originally. At least now when we fail it will have been fun along the way and when we succeed, the same.

Who the heck is Derek? I know if my name was Divock I'd be offended at the horrible downgrade, even if meant affectionately.

Augme wrote: »

Speaking of Lallana, as soon as he miscontrolled the football when the ref passed it to him for his penalty I just knew he was gonna miss. He was so nervous he couldn't even control a gentle pass when his touch and close control are his best attributes. I'm not sure if there is a precedent for this but if I was manager I would have stopped him taking one right then.

A big problem with our team i feel,is that they dont trust each other,so are unsure,too cautious,panicky...

Nothing will change unless that does i feel,can see it in every game. No composure due to stress of uncertainty

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement