Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Moreno is going to make someone's left wing very happy someday.

I'd be sorry to see him go despite his defensive deficiencies.
    You're right, any team that plays against him will be pretty happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's sad that we're losing him, but it's not like he hasn't been given a chance. I know a lot of folks will say that 7 games isn't enough time to judge a player, but realistically, we're not really in a position where we can afford to wait for a 23 year old player to prove themselves. I do wish Joao the best of luck though. He is a decent player, he will suit Serie A and I think he will have a nice career. Unfortunately, that career won't be in a top 6 Premier League club.

It's a shame. I've been impressed when I saw him but am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Klopp AND Rodgers here, neither of whom have seen fit to give him an extended run in the first team.

He is still young, but not so much that he can afford to not play. We have players who play the same position better than he does. Realistically, him staying would be a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Teixeira will be a star somewhere hopefully Fiorentina as they are a good club, he fell victim to the accumulation of expensive No 10s which may not have ended if Gotze is a genuine target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think there's more a chance of Tex becoming a Suso, than a star, unfortunately.

Would love to see him do well, but he missed some crucial development time with his back problems, and he's already 23.

Hopefully the Italian league suits his style and he can push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Moreno is the only outlet with pace in the team most days the lad is more winger than LB these days he isn't doing that on his own initiative I think we might see a different Moreno if there was a proper winger in front of him then he could concentrate more on defending than being the outlet.

I wouldn't be in a rush to sell the lad there is nothing wrong having him as a squad player if we can get an upgrade on him in.

He is though. He's running off up the field like a headless chicken in practically every game.
    I cant remember the match...may have been Leicester away, but Moreno straight from the kick off was rampaging up the left wing. No consideration for his defensive duties and we nearly got caught in the first minute!!!

This reasoning that he'd be better if he had someone in front of him has no foundation imo. He's had Coutinho, Lallana, Milner, Ibe all in front of him this year... Ibe is the only one out of those four who's been found wanting defensively, yet Moreno is still being over exposed. Not for having anyone in front of him, but for his own decision making and defensive shortcomings.

To me he is just an average left back, with great recovery speed, who continually makes poor choices. Its no wonder we're after the young left back from Leicester. I'd sell Moreno and put the money into getting a proper left back like Rodriguez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Unfortunately, that career won't be in a top 6 Premier League club.

So you're saying that there's still a chance for him with us? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As City have won the league cup, am I right in saying 7th is enough for European football next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    He is though. He's running off up the field like a headless chicken in practically every game.
    I cant remember the match...may have been Leicester away, but Moreno straight from the kick off was rampaging up the left wing. No consideration for his defensive duties and we nearly got caught in the first minute!!!

This reasoning that he'd be better if he had someone in front of him has no foundation imo. He's had Coutinho, Lallana, Milner, Ibe all in front of him this year... Ibe is the only one out of those four who's been found wanting defensively, yet Moreno is still being over exposed. Not for having anyone in front of him, but for his own decision making and defensive shortcomings.

To me he is just an average left back, with great recovery speed, who continually makes poor choices. Its no wonder we're after the young left back from Leicester. I'd sell Moreno and put the money into getting a proper left back like Rodriguez.

Zero chance of us signing a guy like Rodriguez, he's prob the best left back in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rob316 wrote: »
    As City have won the league cup, am I right in saying 7th is enough for European football next season?

It will be if one of the top 6 wins the FA Cup.

If they don't, they just 6 places will go through the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

klose wrote: »
    Teixeira off to fiorentina in the summer according to the newspapers, joao that is.

That is just to avoid confusion when we sign Alex...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Zero chance of us signing a guy like Rodriguez, he's prob the best left back in the world.

That's rating him very highly

Without even mentioning the likes of:

Alaba
    Marcelo
    Alba

Not saying you're wrong, just maybe a little hyperbolic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gillette still paying $175,000 dollars a month for Liverpool.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/george-gillett-still-paying-125000-10977659

Is it wrong of me to feel no sympathy for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Horrible ****er but hicks made him look like ghandi the way he went on near the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

toaster pancakes and tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jordan Henderson must die!

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/03/jordan-henderson-must-die/

Well, not really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No composure from the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Adam Lallana = Victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The team plays better without Sturridge.

The team plays better without Sturridge.

ha ha

Most of the season (and any sane person) disagrees with you.

You are basing your opinion on a handful (less even) of recent games.

Lucas is BOSS (not at penalties though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd be fine with Kolo staying for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd be fine with Kolo staying for life.

In African years, he's only about 24 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Arsenal are like the gift that keep on giving. Amazing how poor everyone has been in the league. Our own erratic form has quite frustrating.

We can catch City in the league! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Good game and great result. Shame we didn't thrash them 3-0 in the final but a win is a win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great result. So many positives. Kolo lallana and Flanagan, top performances.
    No Coutinho, Lucas, Sturridge , score 3 , clean sheet, very happy indeed !!

Pity we couldn't do that with silverware on offer

Flanagan proving again he is a much better option that Moreno. A fantastic interception when City were about to score. Great reading of the game and doing his job properly. Shame he was left out of the European squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MOTD 11:45 :( iPlayer hack required methinks

Keeping going lads, much better performance today than on Sunday. Would love to see Origi register soon and kicking on. More solid defensively today with Scouse Cafu effectively replacing the brainless wonder. Boring Milner was even mildly engaging too.

Leicester stretching their lead too, great results all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

That was so comfortable I forgot Mignolet was playing at times.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i forgot lovren was,and thats a huge achievement for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

7-1 on aggregate against City in the league this season and yet they're the ones with the silverware and ahead in the league

We badly need consistency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BOOOOM!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He's laughing at Kolo!!! :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We've hit 40 points with a few games to spare, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How surprised will Kolo be when he gets home, takes off his jacket, kicks off the shoes, goes to take his keys out of his pocket and out falls Aguero......

I thought Flanno was by a disatance our poorest player.

I don't think it's something to be particularly concerned about or ammo for any naysayers.
    I just thought he was caught out quite badly a few times, in ways you wouldn't really see Clyne, for example.

That was won with attrition and fight. The football was fairly pants to be fair and we created 1 half-chance up until Lallana's goal.

Then the Milner goal kinda came from nothing and we were away.

But if you fight like that you can earn a win even if you're not playing the most fluent football. You can muddle through it because you just create enough chaos and prevent them from doing anything of note.

Even though I've criticised Flanno, I think he and everyone else had good games.

Can was my MOTM but for Lallana's bits of gamechanging play.
    I've seen many suggest he should be sold or that he's part of the planned exodus but it's been plain as day that not only has he been hugely relied on and appreciated by Klopp (further exemplified by such glowing praise today), but he's had a huge hand in all our big wins this season and we've invariably played better with him in the team.

Few players are irreplacable, but if you just stick good footballers in your side you seldom go wrong, and that's what Lallana is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't think for second we can get 4th but if we win our game in hand we are only 3 points off. **** all season and only 3 points off in march...mad ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've nothing to complain about.

Happy out.

8-10 wrote: »
    7-1 on aggregate against City in the league this season and yet they're the ones with the silverware and ahead in the league

We badly need consistency

If you told someone at the start of the season that we'd do the double over City with that aggregate score they'd just assume we won the league at a canter.

We can do the underdog thing, we can outfight teams, we can punish greedy set ups.

What we've failed to do is, when the shoe is on the other foot, just show plain old quality and win by default. Don't have the firepower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gbear wrote: »
    Don't have the firepower.

He's out with cramp.....:p

Mad fachts which may be true!

Every game that Milner has scored in his team has won (league only)
    Tonight's Milner goal was the 1500th that Liverpool have scored in the PL era (as football was played by men in cloth caps on a Sunday morning in B&W at 16 fps before SKY)
    Roberto Firmino has had 6 goals, 4 assists in his last 7 league games

Mad fachts which may be true!

Every game that Milner has scored in his team has won (league only)
    Tonight's Milner goal was the 1500th that Liverpool have scored in the PL era (as football was played by men in cloth caps on a Sunday morning in B&W at 16 fps before SKY)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Thank F*ck for the likes of Villa and City, negative goal difference without them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Give klopp a blank cheque book and let him sign who he wants. Getting performances like this with rodgers ****e is very encouraging

Speak Now wrote: »
    Thank F*ck for the likes of Villa and City, negative goal difference without them ;)

39% of our league goals this season have come against City and Villa.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't think for second we can get 4th but if we win our game in hand we are only 3 points off. **** all season and only 3 points off in march...mad ted

Well that's on the presumption City lose their game in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

4th is ours to lose now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement