Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mighty nights work by the reds. Lallana had his best game yet. Immense he was tonight. Full of press.

As a side all players that scored were directly involved in assisting too which is rare enough. Push on now v Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

With the right tide and fair wind i'd love to see him be captain one day.

CclFR-5UcAAopwL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

daithijjj wrote: »
    With the right tide and fair wind i'd love to see him be captain one day.

I don't know care if someone has already posted it already, here is Flanagan clattering Sterling with Hendo in the background absolutely loving it

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/705126766424301568

Gbear wrote: »
    ........ Lallana's bits of gamechanging play.
    I've seen many suggest he should be sold or that he's part of the planned exodus but it's been plain as day that not only has he been hugely relied on and appreciated by Klopp (further exemplified by such glowing praise today), but he's had a huge hand in all our big wins this season and we've invariably played better with him in the team.

Few players are irreplacable, but if you just stick good footballers in your side you seldom go wrong, and that's what Lallana is.

Only obvious to some :)

ricero wrote: »
    Give klopp a blank cheque book and let him sign who he wants. Getting performances like this with rodgers ****e is very encouraging

lol

Supporter me hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Win our game in hand and we are three points off fourth with nine games remaining...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tusky wrote: »
    Win our game in hand and we are three points off fourth with nine games remaining...:pac:

6 points and no game in hand on the 4th place team.

Wasn't it great sportsmanship all the same for Joe to come and celebrate Bobby's goal with the lads

https://vine.co/v/igFWL5rrEhj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Thought Can was brillant tonight. Firmino,Milner & Lallana excellent too. Easy to forget Can is just gone 22 still very young considering his peak should not be for another 4-5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City have won twice at Anfield since 1957 I think the commentator said. That's crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

City have won twice at Anfield since 1957 I think the commentator said. That's crazy

Anelka last minute winner under Keegan was the last I think.

So what's that, 1 goal conceded in 5 games. An improvement or circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We don't have a game in hand to city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't wait to see Firmino next season now he has got a handle on the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

8BOAist.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't know care if someone has already posted it already, here is Flanagan clattering Sterling with Hendo in the background absolutely loving it

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/705126766424301568

Exactly whats been missing all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hart is some meathead, he's efforts at shooing the cameraman pre-kick-off like an angry 50's dad had me laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Shanee. wrote: »
    Exactly whats been missing all season
    Dead right and Henderson behind them bleeding delighted...smile.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    Give klopp a blank cheque book and let him sign who he wants. Getting performances like this with rodgers ****e is very encouraging

lol

Supporter me hole.

Pardon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Jurgen quote after the match to the BBC about the other results tonight....."yes I heard Bayern lost " ����
    The guy is class lol

• Advertisement

kildare75 wrote: »
    Jurgen quote after the match to the BBC about the other results tonight....."yes I heard Bayern lost " ����
    The guy is class lol

You left out the maniacal laugh after that :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

rob316 wrote: »
    I don't think for second we can get 4th but if we win our game in hand we are only 3 points off. **** all season and only 3 points off in march...mad ted

That's a big IF. I wouldn't be putting money on us, that's for sure!

Thought we looked a lot more solid minus Moreno. Is it safe to say now he'll be moved on in the summer by Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kildare75 wrote: »
    The guy is class lol

On a side note though, the Bundesliga suddenly got very interesting - from being a Bayern walk, it's suddenly tight. Dortmund are at home to Bayern at the weekend. If they win, they're only 2 points behind. Last thing Pep will want is a competitive league going on, with the important champions league games coming up.

Also kind of fitting that it was Mainz 05 that beat Bayern tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Firmino has won me a few pound this year from betting. He really has been a bright spark in a very poor season. He's been moved around quiet a bit positionally as well so its very impressive how well he's done so far. Nice to see a signing hit the ground running.

Can't wait to see him next year in a more settled, better quality first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Can't wait to see Firmino next season now he has got a handle on the PL.

Just a year living in England in general.

Brasil to Germany to Liverpool. Jaykers.

Would take anyone a while to settle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Could watch Klopp being interviewed all day. Boom!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwPoqEsodc&feature=youtu.be

Sounds like Lallana is very much part of his plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Good win. Such a shame we'll be sh1te next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I hope that goal fills the big hole on his mantelpiece, the money grabbing ****.
    ****en **** can **** off
    James Milner is doing everything he possibly can to prove what mercenary cnut he really is .

frAISpL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pardon ?

I think the Italian lad wants you to support his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Another great game for Firmino tonight, love the way when he loses the ball there is no giving out to other players, just working his ass to get the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Ardent wrote: »
    Sounds like Lallana is very much part of his plans.
    Despite Coutinho's better vision with the ball I think Klopp values Lallana's constant motion and harrying plus close control just as much as the Counts ability to pull the strings and do something special.

In an ideal world I think Klopps preferred front 6 are

Can Hendo

Firmino Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

With:
    Allen subbing for Hendo as needs be.
    Milner taking Lallana's spot to slot in beside Can and Hendo to make a 3 man midfield for tactical reasons depending on the opposition
    Origi/Ings subbing for Mr Glass on a frequent basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Despite Coutinho's better vision with the ball I think Klopp values Lallana's constant motion and harrying plus close control just as much as the Counts ability to pull the strings and do something special.

In an ideal world I think Klopps preferred front 6 are

Can Hendo

Firmino Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

With:
    Allen subbing for Hendo as needs be.
    Milner taking Lallana's spot to slot in beside Can and Hendo to make a 3 man midfield for tactical reasons depending on the opposition
    Origi/Ings subbing for Mr Glass on a frequent basis.

The biggest improvement I think we can make in that front 6 are a top class striker that is not injury prone and suits our style (very difficult to find) and a suitable replacement for Henderson. He really has not been at the races and is a shadow of his former self the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mav79 wrote: »

Another great game for Firmino tonight, love the way when he loses the ball there is no giving out to other players, just working his ass to get the ball back.

Loved the little one two play at 1.43 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Have to laugh at Hart getting the ball back from Firminho. Eh...you're gonna have to wait till we stop celebrating before you can kick off again anyway! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Have to laugh at Hart getting the ball back from Firminho. Eh...you're gonna have to wait till we stop celebrating before you can kick off again anyway! :D:D

He just wanted to know what the ball felt like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/705143375268286464

Highlight of the game for me. Late on, Aguero is well clear. Cool, calm and determined defending from Kolo to keep the clean sheet intact.

I know Matip is coming in next season, but Kolo has been very good at any stage he's come in this season so I wouldn't be letting him go. He also gets the ethos of the club - you can see that in any media he does. He must be a great influence to have around the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

"You can fall down and then you must stand up. Only silly idiots stay on the floor. We will strike back, 100 per cent" - Jürgen Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Have to keep Kolo, he has done a fine job whenever he has been called upon. Give him another year he hardly costs much in wages. If I'm going to sell a defender its Skrtel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Skrtel is gone i feel. Think it could lovren sakho matip and another new centre half next year. Kolo i love the man and hes been great when called upon but i can see him moving on in the summer. Maybe one last big payday in the states or china for him

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He just wanted to know hat he ball felt lie

Did he not get two previous touches? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its right rogues gallery of "jokeshops" who are rising to the occasion - Kolo, Lucas, Flanno, can Benteke...? Nah! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

rob316 wrote: »
    Have to keep Kolo, he has done a fine job whenever he has been called upon. Give him another year he hardly costs much in wages. If I'm going to sell a defender its Skrtel.
    Kolo is a proper defender, probably the only one we have.

He was well beaten by Aguero but sprinted back in case Aguero made a mistake, something that rarely happens. But it did and he was rewarded with stopping a shot on goal. No nonsense, just simple old-school defending.

If only we could clone his determination and desire and transplant it into a few other defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any ideas why the Chelsea game is postponed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Kolo is a proper defender, probably the only one we have.

He was well beaten by Aguero but sprinted back in case Aguero made a mistake, something that rarely happens. But it did and he was rewarded with stopping a shot on goal. No nonsense, just simple old-school defending.

If only we could clone his determination and desire and transplant it into a few other defenders.

Did Aguero make a mistake? He did everything right in my opinion, especially coming across the defender but Kolo's defending was just faultless to get back and make the tackle.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any ideas why the Chelsea game is postponed?

Chelsea's FA Cup game meant it had to be moved

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I though Origi was excellent last night apart from not having many chances in front of goal.
    He used his power and agression perfectly against the City defence, he took absolutely no sh*t from them.
    Can was the same along with Flanno, they held off the City players really well. We've been missing that for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/705143375268286464

Highlight of the game for me. Late on, Aguero is well clear. Cool, calm and determined defending from Kolo to keep the clean sheet intact.

I know Matip is coming in next season, but Kolo has been very good at any stage he's come in this season so I wouldn't be letting him go. He also gets the ethos of the club - you can see that in any media he does. He must be a great influence to have around the dressing room.

It'd be great to keep Kolo for another year. Great guy and does so much for the morale of the team.

Saw a clip on Facebook yesterday of the players arriving in anfield and walking pitchside into the dressing room . There's a row of people lined up in the paddock with their programmes out to get signed. Nearly every single player walks past except for Joe Allen. Emre Can also signs a few. Toure comes along last and signs every single one. The man has been class for us from day one. (Apart from the fulham own goal, and west brom brain fart :p:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Chelsea's FA Cup game meant it had to be moved

Makes things easier for us as we have United in the Europe twice in 7 days and Chelsea was in the middle of that. For once the FA cup does us a favour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Did Aguero make a mistake? He did everything right in my opinion, especially coming across the defender but Kolo's defending was just faultless to get back and make the tackle.
    My memory of the run was him either slightly losing control of the ball or the ball bobbling.

Either way, there should be no way Kolo gets back level with Aguero unless Aguero lets it happen.

Kolo isn't exactly a speed merchant any more:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

When I look at Kolo and the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch, I wish we had him all his career. Fair enough, he won a lot of silverware from him time in England and I wouldn't take that away from him.

He just seems to be the one of those 'right fit' players for Liverpool Football Club

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

2nd leg moved to 8:05pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement