Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    He also gets the ethos of the club

I'm sure TurtyTurd will be along to ****e on me asking a question as usual.

But what is the "ethos of the club" that he gets? Just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I though Origi was excellent last night apart from not having many chances in front of goal.
    He used his power and agression perfectly against the City defence, he took absolutely no sh*t from them.
    Can was the same along with Flanno, they held off the City players really well. We've been missing that for a while now.

and its something i do be screaming at sturridge to do,it really effects our play when we dont try and hassle the defenders physically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

and its something i do be screaming at sturridge to do,it really effects our play when we dont try and hassle the defenders physically

Mentioned it on Sunday but I don't think he's either physically or mentally capable of it. He's afraid to use his body or to get stuck in.

Interesting dilemma for Klopp this weekend though, does he put Coutinho and Glass straight back in? Any of starting 11 last night can feel hard done by if they are dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id keep origi in for sure,shur we will be thumped anyway..its how we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fella I know has a spare ticket for me in the Palace end.

First time seeing Klopp's Liverpool in the flesh.:)

A nice comfortable 2-0 win with the goals in the first half and no drama, so I neither have to suffer the ignominy of Palace fans celebrating in my face, nor getting my head kicked in when I celebrate a last minute winner would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm sure TurtyTurd will be along to ****e on me asking a question as usual.

But what is the "ethos of the club" that he gets? Just curious.

I don't think its possible to explain it to someone like you to be honest.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Irish Kop bus is full for the Utd match next week, but as flights are mad money other lads are looking to put on an extra bus. For more info see

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php?threads/bus-for-man-utd-fixture.26018/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Gbear wrote: »
    Fella I know has a spare ticket for me in the Palace end.

First time seeing Klopp's Liverpool in the flesh.:)

A nice comfortable 2-0 win with the goals in the first half and no drama, so I neither have to suffer the ignominy of Palace fans celebrating in my face, nor getting my head kicked in when I celebrate a last minute winner would be ideal.

Mind yourself in the home end anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

hefferboi wrote: »
    Firmino has won me a few pound this year from betting. He really has been a bright spark in a very poor season. He's been moved around quiet a bit positionally as well so its very impressive how well he's done so far. Nice to see a signing hit the ground running.

Can't wait to see him next year in a more settled, better quality first 11.

I always had high hopes for Firmino when we signed him. Felt he was the right age and loved his tenacity. His relationship and understanding with Coutinho is a huge bonus. Must admit I thought having them both here would help convince Alex Texeira to join us and while we all know how that turned out I'm sure it will be a factor in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LiverpoolGifs/status/705143375268286464

Highlight of the game for me. Late on, Aguero is well clear. Cool, calm and determined defending from Kolo to keep the clean sheet intact.

I know Matip is coming in next season, but Kolo has been very good at any stage he's come in this season so I wouldn't be letting him go. He also gets the ethos of the club - you can see that in any media he does. He must be a great influence to have around the dressing room.

I know it was kinda cool, but really I don't know what everyone's looking at cos its a clear foul from Toure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Boskowski wrote: »
    I know it was kinda cool, but really I don't know what everyone's looking at cos its a clear foul from Toure.

I wouldn't say its clear.. From an other camera angle, It looked like he just eased Augero off the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

God, everybody loves Kolo all of a sudden. Have ye no consideration for Yaya's feelings in all this?
    Ffs lads, have ye no cop on at all?

We could do with some intelligence in our midfield.:)

https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/705485397720227841

frAISpL.png

By the by, have you ever considered changing your name to Irving Washington?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Charlie19 wrote: »
    We could do with some intelligence in our midfield.:)

https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/705485397720227841

What's he doing with Lucas book???

Everyone knows Lucas is Boss :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't think its possible to explain it to someone like you to be honest.

No worries. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Was at the game last night, some observations. Lallana and Can were Liverpools best players followed by Firmino. Milner worked hard but lacked a bit of quality with final balls and crosses. Kool and Lovren didn't have much to deal with but did well. Origi held the ball up well but wasn't making any runs in behind. Clyne was his usual self. Henderson and Flannagan were poor enough. Flannagan was getting beat too easy by Sterling and when he wasn't he was fouling him in dangerous areas. I was delighted to see him go off at half time as I felt he was City's most dangerous player in that first half. Henderson was ponderous on the ball and really slowed up some of the attacks by having to take several touches.
    It was nice to see Benteke come on and at least use his strength, again there was one or two times when the ball could have been crossed to him but never was. Btw Flannagan is still a far better player than Moreno and should see out the rest of the season as a starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

UTD giving away a white jersey to everyone with a ticket to the Anfield game, something about having a wall of sh1te white in the away end. A few plastic flags and they're sorted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Waiting for Pardew to get his team up for the game on Sunday you just know they will destroy us :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    By the by, have you ever considered changing your name to Irving Washington?

I shall smother you with thanks for asking that question, ya sexy divil.

It was the original plan but I ain't payin' no subscriber fees for a website so finicky in the current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Happy birthday to the King!

65 today

Kenny-Dalglish-Liverpool--007.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Waiting for Pardew to get his team up for the game on Sunday you just know they will destroy us :(

I've that feeling too unfortunately however I really hope we smash palace as I can't stand that smug gobsh!te pardew, do enjoy palace as a club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Jaysus Kenny gets his bus pass today..

Happy birthday to a proper legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

They'll get Dwight Gayle out of storage for his annual brace of goals and Yannick Bolasie will turn into John Barnes for 90 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Xahka and gundogan linked again this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't find the YouTube version to embed but this never gets old.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxxneq_anfield-sings-happy-birthday-to-kenny-dalglish_creation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The Guardian say we haven't beaten Palace in Selhurst Park in the league since a 3-0 win in 1997.

McManaman, Owen and Leonhardsen on the score sheet on the day.

That is one dreadful record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The Guardian say we haven't beaten Palace in Selhurst Park in the league since a 3-0 win in 1997.

They did spend a fair bit of time since then in another division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Can't believe Kenny is 65 I can remember clearly his title winning goal at Stamford Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Didn't we beat them in the FA Cup last year? Plus, they were out of the top flight for 8 or 9 years - meaningless stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can't believe Kenny is 65 I can remember clearly his title winning goal at Stamford Bridge.

A lot of lads here are too young to know how good he was.

One of the best players to ever have played for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

murpho999 wrote: »

Ye super player it's hard to believe that was 30 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Jaypurs that's a blast from the past, had forgotten his existence this many a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Akabusi wrote: »
    Was at the game last night, some observations. Lallana and Can were Liverpools best players followed by Firmino. Milner worked hard but lacked a bit of quality with final balls and crosses. Kool and Lovren didn't have much to deal with but did well. Origi held the ball up well but wasn't making any runs in behind. Clyne was his usual self. Henderson and Flannagan were poor enough. Flannagan was getting beat too easy by Sterling and when he wasn't he was fouling him in dangerous areas. I was delighted to see him go off at half time as I felt he was City's most dangerous player in that first half. Henderson was ponderous on the ball and really slowed up some of the attacks by having to take several touches.
    It was nice to see Benteke come on and at least use his strength, again there was one or two times when the ball could have been crossed to him but never was. Btw Flannagan is still a far better player than Moreno and should see out the rest of the season as a starter

Watched the game and read all reports yesterday.

All journalists reported Sterling only beating Flannagan once in a one v one and that Sterling had one of his worst games in a City shirt resulting in him being hooked at half time.

It was also his first premiership start since May 2014.

Henderson does need to up his game though. It will be interesting to see if Klopp sticks with him as captain after the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lucas out with back injury for 5/6 weeks according to pre-match presser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

CB IS CURSED!

CURSED, I TELLS YA...:eek:

Made out of glass he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hurt his back carrying Moreno et al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

murpho999 wrote: »

Off to bed Grandad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thats 3 league games.......

Markovic was at Melwood today, he'd be a different option to have next season with his pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Watched the match back just there because i fell asleep on Wednesday evening lol
    Anyway i think it's time to give Hendo a break, he has'nt been doing anything of note for a while now and maybe he needs time to fully recover, it's not that he done much wrong on Wednesday but he failed to influence the game, every pass was sidewards.
    His passion is still there, his reaction to Flanno's tackle was brilliant and he also bollocked him in the 90th minute for a poor pass.

I loved that tackle by Flanno on st£rling, real old school 'let him know you're there early' sort of tackle, i thought he done ok, st£rling skinned him a couple of times but to be fair i think he skins every full back(except maybe Clyne last Sunday).

I hope Allen and Flanno/Smith get a chance now, those two positions are crying out for someone to make their own until the end of the season.

Palace haven't beaten Liverpool at Shelhurst Park in over 10000 hours. So you could infact say that Liverpool are experts at not getting beat at Shelhurst Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Markovic was at Melwood today, he'd be a different option to have next season with his pace.

I'd hope the club will have been working with him on strengthening over the past while too. With plenty of time before the season starts, it could make huge difference for him. He was just a little too slight last time. Even just a year of extra physical development will make a difference too though, and the Turkish league is hardly soft.

TIA has an interesting article on Origi and how effective he was against City and comparing him to Benteke.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/player-focus-divock-origis-defence-stretching-play-key-man-city-triumph/

Liverpool and chelsea joint top scorers this year with 19 goals while Palace are worst since christmas.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/705815245026033664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TIA has an interesting article on Origi and how effective he was against City and comparing him to Benteke.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/player-focus-divock-origis-defence-stretching-play-key-man-city-triumph/

This could be a bad year for Benteke...a Belgian buddy of mine was saying at the moment Lukaku is first choice, Batshuayi second, then close between Origi and Benteke, though he reckoned Origi a little ahead because his playing style suits the team better. For the national side, he more saw Benteke as a battering ram last resort.

Live FA youth cup game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement