Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well, that's all on mignolet for me. Absolutely killed off any momentum we had, disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Go on Caulker boy! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

JOE ALLEN!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rick Pirlo Grimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Yaaaaaaaaahahahhahahaha Allen ya beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rick Muthaf*ckin Grimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Welsh Pirlo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Tired... no fault in his performance for me tonight. He was sensational in the first half.

Agreed, good sub decision too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The negativity in this thread during a pretty good performance against the team top of the table... ye don't deserve to celebrate the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Come on lads, ye can win this

• Advertisement

Allen is BOSS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Sure you could only be delighted with the point. Not a hope of top 4 with our defending the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great game altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Really don't like Benteke :(

Klopp celebrating . I love the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I hope Mignolet is replaced and never plays for us again. A lot will say this is knee jerk, but at this stage I have had enough of his nonsense. It wont happen anyway.

Lads outfield busting their balls and that guy couldn't even pay attention for a ****ing corner.......dope!

NukaCola wrote: »
    I hope Mignolet is replaced and never plays for us again. A lot will say this is knee jerk, but at this stage I have had enough of his nonsense. It wont happen anyway.

Lads outfield busting their balls and that guy couldn't even pay attention for a ****ing corner.......dope!

Agree with this... but whatever happened to having a body on the front post?

Would be interesting to see where Leicester finish......another big win. Lads in here a few weeks back had written them off completely for top 4 after their xmas schedule of 1 loss and 2 draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I enjoyed that tbh. I felt we'd get an equaliser, as it seemed like one of those games. Genuinely think we will look back at this as a good point.

Simple Simon is a dose.

Id like to see Ward in goal sunday, cant be any worse...

• Advertisement

Agree with this... but whatever happened to having a body on the front post?

I'd imagine Mignolet was grilled on what to expect from a corner and we took players off the post to get a better number of players to pair up against Arsenal man to man. But yeah, some things just work, and a man on the post would have been handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

5-0 against Utd on Sunday and we can go 6th. #believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BT Sport forced to change their schedule to show Exeter replay?

Nah dunno how they are showing it as BBC are showing the Spurs game at the same time must have gotten special permission from the FA to show it.

Liverpool were asked to play on Tuesday and said no as they are playing Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Really don't like Benteke :(

Same here. The way he won that header to set up Allen was pish.

I enjoyed that tbh. I felt we'd get an equaliser, as it seemed like one of those games. Genuinely think we will look back at this as a good point.

Simple Simon is a dose.

Absolutely its a good point. Its infuriating that we work so hard to score and literally give the other team simple goals nearly immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    Id like to see Ward in goal sunday, cant be any worse...

I'd start Stephen Hawking ahead of Minge at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp got every once out of us there.

We're seeing more and more each week how badly managed this squad has been.

So many positions where we simply don't posess the quality required.

It's actually angering me just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well the miracle is that Liverpool actually got something out of that game, frankly.

Mignolet was seven shades of **** and was spreading uncertainty like a muckspreader in September. Sakho and Kolo were at sixes and sevens too often, though the latter was certainly less culpable of the pair.

That brace for Firmino will do him a power of good and makes Benteke's future look ever bleaker I have to say. Caulker as a centre forward was interesting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Great game of ball. Could have been ours, but...

It wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gutted. We had arsenals number from start to finish but that clown left us down again. Time for ward to step up and mignolet have to work to get his place back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd have Pirlo as our AM again before Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

strange performances from certain players. Lallana & Ibe were good 1st half & very poor in the 2nd half. Can also faded as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Klopp was quick to axe bogdan after ****ing up with the kids playing last week, axe could be swung again after that as mignolet aboslutely ballsed up everyones good work tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Klopp is going to turn caulker in to the new Paul warhurst
    Younger guys mightn't remember him

Lallana is not good enough. The game last 90 minutes. He's done after 50 and missing for at least 25 minutes of those 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm also done with Mignolet.

We were the better team, but too many individuals, and mainly him tonight, are just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Again, as with some of the other games, you can see why we don't need to bin the whole team and why every signing we've every made isn't automatically ****e because you hate the person who signed them.

It's grand saying "well we can play that way against teams that give us space", but that doesn't mean we're doomed to mediocrity because we'll always be blunt against teams who shut up shop.
    It just means that one of our summer signings needs to be able to create that space when we're not given it.

Look at Ibe tonight - drop a player in there who doesn't look out of his depth and all of a sudden Arsenal are scrambling out wide and are having to deal with far more dangerous delivery into the box.

Kolo was solid. Sakho's passing seems to need a few games to get going - it was poor tonight. His 1v1 defending wasn't too bad though. Unlucky to get a smack in the head before their first and got wrong-footed by a deflection for their third.

I think Clyne looks worse going forward than he is because he's having to take on so much of the wide attacking responsibility. He doesn't have to be brilliant at everything and if we had someone else out wide to take the bulk of the responsibility for attack he could have a more reserved supporting role.

Great - Can, Milner, Hendo, Firmino,
    Good - Moreno, Clyne, Kolo, Lallana
    Meh - Sakho
    Absolute Bums - Mignolet, Ibe

MD1990 wrote: »
    strange performances from certain players. Lallana & Ibe were good 1st half & very poor in the 2nd half. Can also faded as well.

I think Christmas fixture is catching up. So many times he had the ball taken off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No one will say it's knee jerk. He's played 93 games for us ffs - not many will ever get that chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

corwill wrote: »
    I'd start Stephen Hawking ahead of Minge at this stage.

Is it time to bring up the bag of cement discussion again?

I think it is lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Hard to complain about the result when you start with Toure in CB and have to bring on Caulker as a second striker. Mig is truly awful, must be so deflating for the lads up front to know that whatever they do will likely be undermined very shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've thought with the last year or two that the goalkeeper position was fine for us. Sure he could be improved upon but we've other areas that need to be looked at first. This was even when Mignolet was dropped.

But the more I watch of him now and especially with Klopp in telling him to go for everything, the more I see he's not really up to the task. Too many balls came in that he missed and on another day would have led to more goals.

Klopp needs to pull the finger out, I'm hoping he's just putting on a face for the media as we definitely need to get a better keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Balotelli on the bench for Milan tonight incidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Poor from Mig to be beaten at his near post for the first goal and the corner was a joke. Seeing the replays it should actually be a Mig own goal!

How and why is he being offered a new deal??!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Good game, i think these late equalisers that we seem to be getting of late will help the lads with the confidence.

Allen goal aside, done more in 15mins that Lannana did all game
    Toure was good in the first half but sort of fell apart in the second as did Can and Firmino
    Benteke seems to be allergic to making runs into the box/goalmouth

A decent point, would have taken it before the game for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lallana is not good enough. The game last 90 minutes. He's done after 50 and missing for at least 25 minutes of those 50.

I'm disappointed in him. Not enough presence on the ball, particularly around the box.

He created one brilliant chance 1st half when he found himself 1v3 and wriggled around long enough to put one of the supporting runners through.

That was virtually his only impact on the game.

I feel like there's a net loss when he's not on the pitch - it's like our general level of football drops even though he has little direct impact.
    There must be something to him because Klopp has played him nearly every game when he's been fit.

I think that's less of an issue with Hendo back in though.

Still, no need to be booting him out the door or anything. He's a good player to have around the place. We just need someone to slot into the first 11 that's good enough to replace him - preferably someone who can give us width.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great to get a last minute equaliser but we win that game with a competent keeper. This situation just can't go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Simple Simon is a dose.

Always felt that it was coming, especially when they made changes to try and hold on to their lead. Although I still think we should have taken 3 points.

Hope Firmino kicks on from here, was Suarez like tonight. Kloop has shown a lot of faith in him so hopefully this is the start of it paying off.

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in him. Not enough presence on the ball, particularly around the box.

On the face of it he should be so much better. Quick feet, good passer, good crosser, can get by players, good shot and is clearly an intelligent footballer but he just doesn't do it enough or consistently........or with any urgency.....he really slows down the attack and goes missing way too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'd say the players are in for some shock next pre-season, won't be for the feint hearted!

Would have been an injustice if we got nothing out of that, fair play to the team, showed very good character tonight!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement