Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

Augeo wrote: »
    Blatant penalty, Pardew's viewpoint is that Benteke was going nowhere and there was no one to cross to therefore the contact (which was a foul) didn't matter.

Rules are rules.
    NukaCola wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what Pardew actually said post match, something wrong with the youtube vid, I watched it but all i can hear is Wah wah wah wah...........

He also had a semi hissy fit at Shreeves, telling him that he gave him his opnion and didn't want a debate after saying he made errors with the subs, Shrews asked him to elaborate, Pardew didn't want a debate.

Seemed very close to walking away, Shreeves defused it well, should have kept at him though imo for viewers pleasure alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Today was a great win despite poor performances across the pitch. Mignolet did pretty well, Sakho and Lovren had good games and Can was brilliant no matter where he was playing. The rest were anonymous to poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NukaCola wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what Pardew actually said post match, something wrong with the youtube vid, I watched it but all i can hear is Wah wah wah wah...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It was cold, we were ****, we got a man sent off, we conceded a stupid ping-pong goal from a set piece and I had to pretend to be a Palace fan but it was a great win nonetheless.

I ****ing told them. I didn't want to sitting in there, with the enemy, having to bite my tongue because we won it at the death.
    They never listen.:P

We played grand really. I just still don't know what Klopp is going for with this formation in these kinds of games.

If you're going to go all blitzkrieg on a team then fine. But we didn't leverage that from our midfield today. That level of press could've been done just as well with another attacker on the pitch.

That and Palace being generally poor were why going down to 10 made very little difference.
    But without that gift we weren't going to score in a month of Sundays.

Can was the tits. He's a gorgeous footballer. Seriously high calibre.

Everyone was grand really. Milner just isn't good at doing that kind of job.
    The balance between needing more quality over more legs shifts further towards quality the worse the opposition is but we don't seem to take that into account and try and do the same thing every week.

Either we don't have the legs to have the sort of press we saw in midweek or we don't have the drive to do it in less important games.
    Either way, I don't understand why we persist with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What formation would you prefer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Someone should pardew to

xcu7b7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh man pardews post match interview just topped the day.

Nah I think the day has just been topped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What formation would you prefer?

In any given game you can point to not having the options available but given how often we seem to go with it I'm guessing it's deliberate.

Today I would've had Coutinho or Sturridge in there in stead of Milner.
    Ideally we'd have one or two other options - I'm not sure Ibe would've been worth it given how he's performed, but he'd be in with a shout.

Either that, or actually press like we know we can. That'd be fine too. But too often we've been caught between 2 stools.
    Having a team set up to work hard and press but not doing that and instead trying to play quick, high quality football against fairly tough defences.

Equally, it'd be fine if we had different midfielders - a more accomplished goalscorer among them, or our front 3 was better.

But that side that lined up today has less than 1.5 goals per 90 minutes in the league between them. How do you go and win games like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

3 points behind UTD with a game in hand. Not too shabby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Vicxas wrote: »

I forgot about the game in hand

• Advertisement

They are the gift that keeps on giving.

Thursday should be fun for both sets of fans

Game in hand is Everton

Wen Yu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Both Rodgers and Rafa being linked with the barcodes by the Grauniad, hope neither of them are so impatient for a new gig as to take that poisoned chalice. Rafa would barely have his car parked before a terminal bust-up with Ashley would ensue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Considering they are in with a shout to win the league that's a good position to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

tastyt wrote: »
    so Pardew admits Delaney caught Benteke with his kneel on the heel and fouled him, but it shouldnt have been given???:o

In fairness we would be gutted if that type of peno was awarded against us, it's hardly a foul and would not have been given if Benteke hadn't collapsed from the devastating contact on his heel. As for Pardew, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Finishing ahead of them which we probably wont in their current state in the post fergie era is nothing to get excited about.

Finishing ahead of them which we probably wont in their current state in the post fergie era is nothing to get excited about.

Unless they finish 5th or higher

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Unless they finish 5th or higher

That's true but I think there is no chance of that. I'd say there is at least 6 better teams than both clubs this season. It wouldn't surprise me if both clubs finished outside the top 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

That's true but I think there is no chance of that. I'd say there is at least 6 better teams than both clubs this season. It wouldn't surprise me if both clubs finished outside the top 6.

Other than Chelsea who else do you see below us that is better,I think united and Liverpool will finish 5th and 6th,not sure in which order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Game in hand is Everton

Klopps first Merseyside derby!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

When is the game against Everton? Date set yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Woke up late today because of the Mc Gregor fight last night so missed the game. Decided to watch the whole match as live without knowing the scores so not so bad. Was happy enough with how things were going at half time. As soon as the goal went in my faith began being tested. In recent seasons when I would watch a full match late not knowing the score if we went 1-0 down like that so early in the second half usually I would know in my heart of hearts that we went on to lose the game 1-0 or worse so I would usually just stop watching the match, check the score, see that I was right and not bother watching the pathetic second half showing. With Klopp I knew the game wasn't over, which in itself is a massive shift in tone of this Liverpool team under Klopp, so I continued watching. When Milner got sent off, although I really felt the game was over I decided to continue watching the second half.
    Boy am I glad I did! Unbelievable result today, dive or no dive, good performance or otherwise all that is up for debate but that was an excellent result! :D

Yeah, interested to know what teams bar the current top 4 are definitely better than both Utd and Liverpool. There's so little between many teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Considering they are in with a shout to win the league that's a good position to be in.

Yeah but I don't think they want to win that anymore anyway.

Finish ahead of them this years means that we will have finished higher than them in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Mightn't warrant excitement but in talk re "the perch" it's an interesting swing back to how things should be.

I don't think anyone is getting excited about it, I think most people are just laughing at delusion of their fans who talk about them challenging for the title/top 4 in the same sentence as mentioning us being lucky to finish top half.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think they want to win that anymore anyway.

You're on flying form today. :D

Although I would watch your step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I think this interview should be watched again.

And again.......

And again......

:pac:

• Advertisement

Cc4E9f9W4AAi1MX.jpg
    Hehehehehehe

No time for Pardew but I hate those sly sports interviewers. Always looking for a little bit of controversy to play on their ****ty sports news channel.

Firmino replaces Kaka in the Brazil squad.

https://twitter.com/BGT_ENG/status/706537389607538688

Firmino replaces Kaka in the Brazil squad.

https://twitter.com/BGT_ENG/status/706537389607538688

**** it.

Not good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Over two weeks before another league game for us, quite a bit of football will be played in league before we play again.
    Man U have tough run now in league
    City
    Everton
    Spurs
    Villa
    Leicester

So gives us a chance.

sword1 wrote: »
    Other than Chelsea who else do you see below us that is better,I think united and Liverpool will finish 5th and 6th,not sure in which order

It wouldn't surprise me if both west ham and Chelsea if knocked out of CL both finish ahead of Liverpool and Utd. The table doesn't show it and wont at the end but I think Everton are also currently better than Liverpool and Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A few spots going on our Bus for the Spurs game. For more info see http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php?threads/spurs-bus.26027/#post-998784

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is getting excited about it, I think most people are just laughing at delusion of their fans who talk about them challenging for the title/top 4 in the same sentence as mentioning us being lucky to finish top half.

Ah ye I get that. I wouldn't take any of those posters serious and haven't since they tried to claim suarez wouldn't get in the Utd team . I just think finishing ahead of them in the league this year means little or nothing. Knocking them out of the Europa is another thing altogether that would be class.

Ah ye I get that. I wouldn't take any of those posters serious and haven't since they tried to claim suarez wouldn't get in the Utd team . I just think finishing ahead of them in the league this year means little or nothing. Knocking them out of the Europa is another thing altogether that would be class.

Trust me nobody takes them seriously. And it would be nice to do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

It wouldn't surprise me if both west ham and Chelsea if knocked out of CL both finish ahead of Liverpool and Utd. The table doesn't show it and wont at the end but I think Everton are also currently better than Liverpool and Utd.

tumblr_lltmvuU9MF1qesb0f.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

only 18. Looks a genuine world class talent . 9 goals in 13 starts & 6 Motm's. Scored a hatrick today too. If we can sign it would an incredible signing & a bargain at 30m considering Martial cost 50m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

MD1990 wrote: »

only 18. Looks a genuine world class talent . 9 goals in 13 starts & 6 Motm's. Scored a hatrick today too. If we can sign it would an incredible signing & a bargain at 30m considering Martial cost 50m.

are you linked with him at all or is this just wishful thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

price690 wrote: »
    are you linked with him at all or is this just wishful thinking?
    definitley been linked along with a few other clubs. Be tough to get him I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

finishing ahead of utd is something we have rarely done for two decades,its huge,even if its 7th over 8th,it means we can say (or they can) that we are better (or less ****e). to me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The table doesn't show it and wont at the end but I think Everton are also currently better than Liverpool and Utd.

Martinez's schtick really has a lot of people fooled.

Lukaku is a monster. Barkley a talent. Stones a talent. Everywhere else, they're flimsy as fúck. Ask their fans.

Match of the day tonight for excitement and chuckles. Enjoy!

For those who don't know... MOTD starts at 10.30 pm.

That's 10.30 pm on BBC 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cc4E9f9W4AAi1MX.jpg
    Hehehehehehe

3059_135068129530.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

When he plays with some brain along with the heart, this chap starts to look useful. Needs to keep this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

**** it.

Not good news

It's not all bad. Shows that his performances lately have improved enough that he gets in th Brazil squad.
    I rather all our players were good enough to make the squad of the top international teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Liverpool have 4 points and a game in hand over Chelsea and united have 7 points,west ham have tough fixtures and of the 4 I think Liverpools run in is the most favourable,best case scenario is 5th but it is possible

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement