Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

monkey9 wrote: »

That is actually the funniest thing Ive ever seen. Who ever makes those clips isn't been paid enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rob316 wrote: »
    That is actually the funniest thing Ive ever seen. Who ever makes those clips isn't been paid enough.

I can't tell you how many times i've watched that today. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Dickerty wrote: »
    Ah, not you two! :mad:;)

Don't know what your on about! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Its ohhhhhhh so quiet here, sooooo close to kick off! Come on lads tonight, lets deliver one of those famous european nights under the lights of Anfield & have The Kop in full voice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That stadium looks so good all lit up.

BT biased towards Man Utd :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Great seeing Ojo get a place on the bench instead of Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Crazy nervous for this one...

and i shouldn't be, the joy i'd have gotten from mocking the United fans I know is gone since they haven't really followed football for the last 3 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I've been waiting since the start of the season to see this lineup.

I was starting to think Klopp just didn't fancy us enough to go for something so aggressive.

Presumably he wouldn't have if Milner wasn't availbe but **** it, it's what we're going with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Henderson'll be lucky to last the 90, hopefully our lads aren't naive enough to stay on their feet.

Sakho getting plenty of time on the ball but has missed two decent runs in behind so far.

Mr. Glass. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Should be 3 up, gonna pay for those misses yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Feeling very meh about that. Our finishing has been terrible. Each time we've just kicked the ball straight at DeGea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

See the mancs are giving it loads with the always victims sh1te again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Moreno would want to dial it down a notch. Stop diving in. Really should be 2 or 3 up and I can't believe Utd was be a weak and spineless in the 2nd half.

Would take a 2 - 0 to old trampford happily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Been alright but need to up tempo more. United are terrible side in all fairness so should win this comfortably enough. Firmino very good at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

We are so terrible at corners. Only we could get booked like that from our own corner. :rolleyes:

Lallana having a great game. Maybe he'll start getting the support he deserves.

That Allen substitution by Klopp changed the game hugely in our favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Can is the boss.... Magnificent tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Don't know what Allen has to do to get a start. He's played well in every appearance under Klopp

Yay. simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Allen was the key tonight - took back the control deeper and allowed progressive play to be re-established.

Pity about the lack of a third killer goal.

Sturridge is playing his way out of the club I fear.

Satisfied with that. No away goal for them.

Allen was the key tonight - took back the control deeper and allowed progressive play to be re-established.

Pity about the lack of a third killer goal.

Sturridge is playing his way out of the club I fear.

Look more dangerous without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lovren and lallana... Both great performances. Almost worth the money at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Workrate was a joy to behold tonight.

Ah sh*t lads. Night ruined. Fellani will be banned for the next game for sure. Defo elbow on Can... means he won't be playing next week. Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson looked better once he came on as well, could push on a bit more into his best position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Id imagine Fellini will get a ban and I'd imagine Liverpool will appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Two players who I thought were out the door when Rodgers went, Lallana & Allen, were fantastic tonight!

Klopp must love their energy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Turtyturd wrote: »

6 in 12 this season. He puts the ball in the back of the net, simple as that. He is indispensable to the club and I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

He is still coming back to full fitness also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's four in a row now and no game at the weekend either. Things looking up.

Need to get Lallana signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think I'll change my cat's name from hissy to Joe Brass Balls Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Super win. Utd lost. Should have been more. Utd lost. Clean sheet. Utd lost. Can't see us not scoring next week. Utd lost. Klopp beat Van. Utd lost

Happy with that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No Milner was a big help as he is a bit too similar to Henderson. Lallana,Firmino & Coutinho were superb. Moreno has his faults but his recovery pace is exceptional & its a big reason why we should definitley keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

United really are on a road to nowhere with Van Gaal as manager. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah. Eat that.

Scholes looks like he's gonna cry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You can see the confidence building in Lovren too, down getting into the celebrations to get them back focusing. No nonsense clearances when required. Seems to have a good rapport with Klopp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have to say, I've been a big critic of Lallana and slightly critical of Klopp for persisting with him since he took over, he clearly saw something in him from the start and he has paid off hugely.

What a massive few games he's had for us, he genuinely looks like the type of player you'd sign from La Liga for a good amount of money, there's no English player like him at the moment, Barkley comes close but Lallana has found consistency unlike him.

Allen is just great as well, never panics in possession, great decision making and a very intelligent footballer.

Klopp is turning us around in a huge way, getting performances out of players many of us had written off under Rodgers.

I'm a happy man tonight.

razorblunt wrote: »
    You can see the confidence building in Lovren too, down getting into the celebrations to get them back focusing. No nonsense clearances when required. Seems to have a good rapport with Klopp too.

This is the key, just let him get on with defending, none of this fancy Dan play from the back stuff. Clear the ball and keep a clean sheet!

Little bit disappointed not to have finished that off instead of having put us in a position where we were one **** up or one decent piece of play away from making things very difficult, but it's a well earned win and puts us in a pretty strong position.

With them having to attack I can't see us not scoring. I certainly can't see them getting 4 in the next leg. I wanted to dish out a caning but winning is the main thing and we've made that a strong possibility.

Pretty good on the quality perspective but it was a bit scrappy at times - no surprise then that we fluffed a few chances.
    Work put in was top rate though, and there were snippets of play that were genuinely brilliant.

We came out looking drunk in the 2nd half. Can and Hendo looked fairly gassed and between that and the tactical change from Utd we fell away for a bit. Maybe a bit lucky to hold out because we didn't looke terribly resolute in front of our goal. We bungled a string of straightforward tackles and were charging around like midfield like headlesss chickens.

Allen came on and sorted everything out though, the beautiful man.

More fantastic stuff from Lallana, solid games from Hendo and Can, a bit of tiredness at the start of the 2nd half notwithstanding.

Even Moreno was good.

Thought Sakho was our worst player. His passing just hasn't got going since his recent injury. Add to that his usual propensity to have the odd bit of wild defensive play and he's not looking as secure as he did before.
    He was grand really though. Just a few dodgy bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lot of stand out performances tonight, Can, lallana, Firmino, but Joe Allen was nearly motm for me. His really changed the game when he came on. He keeps that up, we should offer him a lot of money to stay. He is not far off pushing Hendo out of the first team if he keeps this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Turtyturd wrote: »

He's shown no pace at all since he's come back.

He did look really good against West Ham when he came on but for some reason he's look much less sharp since then.

It's been a tough run of fixtures for him and the team, so hopefully if he can just get a fairly straightforward game where we can get a few early goals he can start to relax a bit and find his confidence again.

He looked pretty dangerous tonight still, and was offering things in and around the box that nobody else can - it's one thing to be able to roll a little backheel to the overlapping player. It's another to force a defender not to cheat on it because if you do you can take a step inside and blast a goal in.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    No Milner was a big help as he is a bit too similar to Henderson. Lallana,Firmino & Coutinho were superb. Moreno has his faults but his recovery pace is exceptional & its a big reason why we should definitley keep him.

On the other hand, without him for the last 75 minutes, Can and Hendo have been left looking utterly bollocksed.

Thank **** we've a full week before the next leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Happy days. Thank god we finally beat this lvg utd team .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement