Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We played them off the park in the league
    They won it on the break
    Signs were there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Emre was excellent as was Lallana and Allen
    But credit to klopp who got selection spot on then as Utd were getting in to it took on Allen to regain control the origi to stretch them late on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Woop woop can someone put the homer simpson gif up. Any highlights on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watching Scholes is more fun than the game nearly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Henderson has really lost his touch, shown up badly alongside the rest of the midfield who played some lovely stuff at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Macca is having some time in the BT studio :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

CdOAvU4WEAAvdj5.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Liverpool now have a 100% win rate against United in Europe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I see Reus got 2 tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I do hope they atleast try talk to allen about a new contract, by all accounts nothing is even been discussed.

Anyways, great night and as comfy a win over united as i can remember. Plenty of excellent perfromers but hendo continues to be pretty meh, get a goal in the second leg which i think we can and united would need 4. Should be in the bag....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Henderson has really lost his touch, shown up badly alongside the rest of the midfield who played some lovely stuff at times.

End of the season can't come soon enough for him so he can rest properly.

Would kind of like to see us start next week the way we finished the game, with Can, Hendo and Allen in midfield. Give Hendo the freedom to push forward more to support the attack. Allan, Coutinho and Firmino all buzzing around up top. Then pop on Sturridge for the last 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I wasn't expecting a comfortable win tonight. That is one sh!te United team, no fight or guile. Disappointed really that we didn't score more and kill it off.

And really really enjoying Scholes squirm, a thing of beauty is a joy forever :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

656.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Delighted with the performance, though a bit frustrated that the tie isn't completely wrapped. People can go on about how United are crap, which they are, but Liverpool were excellent also. Intensity in midfield was fantastic. Moreno put in a great shift, darting up and down that line, just never let up all game. Allen worked his socks off when he came on from the bench, he's shown a brilliant attitude lately to his credit. Firmino + Coutinho's movement gave United huge problems. There's a spirit in this team atm, things are falling into place.

Milner should be dropped imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Well done to the lads tonight solid all round performance:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Some of his more ambitious play was a little bit off tonight, but that's still incredibly harsh.

You can call the huge amount of support play he does to keep our tempo up, the supporting runs and all the defensive work he does pulling out wide basic but it can't be taken for granted.

It was massively absent in the play of Utd tonight, City the other night and on many other occasions.

These performances don't happen without it.

Macca having a ****ing laugh, in fairness to him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Gbear wrote: »
    Some of his more ambitious play was a little bit off tonight, but that's still incredibly harsh.

You can call the huge amount of support play he does to keep our tempo up, the supporting runs and all the defensive work he does pulling out wide basic but it can't be taken for granted.

It was massively absent in the play of Utd tonight, City the other night and on many other occasions.

These performances don't happen without it.

He's down on confidence, every pass seems to be sideways or backwards now, he seems to be afraid to risk playing it forward and opts instead for the safe one.

The quality is there he just needs to trust in himself more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »
    b89e9d1f30b2131fced0a2d8ff54bb3a494fc41c6a3a4888b238849729de6479_1.gif

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

martyos121 wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

qULiy6x.jpg
    JH9peV2.jpg

aLGYedc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United will be more open at old Trafford next week allowing space for Phil. We only need to score once and the tie is done. No way united score 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I already know that when Bobby eventually leaves the team it's gonna kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Super-Rush wrote: »
    JH9peV2.jpg

Reminds me of this little shît:

latest?cb=20150430160454

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sakho is a French Paul McGrath, an oh-la-la Paul McGrath so to speak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

rob316 wrote: »
    United will be more open at old Trafford next week allowing space for Phil. We only need to score once and the tie is done. No way united score 4.

Nope, not with Van Gaal, he'll play a back 7 to make sure they don't lose by more than 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Probably the smartest thing Joey Baron has ever written. (that bar was never set very high though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Most satisfying thing tonight for me apart from the victory, is the difference in the teams.

You can see Klopp's influence in the team, the direction they are going and how the players all play for him and it bodes well for the long term future despite short-termists judging the team too quick.

Complete opposite to Utd who look to me to be in serious crisis, no direction, poor players, no spirit and an uninspiring manager who does not appear to be exciting his players.

Another clean sheet for Linda. Hope we can see it through.
    PLaying for a 0-0 is not us. One away goal seals it, at one nil down , two nil down, 3 nil down, one goal is all we need.

• Advertisement

A lot of Man U's players have ended up there for the money, not much passion for the history. We ended up with Firmino because Depay wanted more money, he can have his money, we have Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can't some one edit that to include 'Can't Touch This' :D

The Lalana Gif that is !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Another clean sheet for Linda. Hope we can see it through.
    PLaying for a 0-0 is not us. One away goal seals it, at one nil down , two nil down, 3 nil down, one goal is all we need.

I think that's 2 goals conceded in 7 games. Lovren looking the part at last. Sakho still frightens the life out of me though. That fresh air clearance and the following lunge on Mata...Wow. If only he didn't turn into Traore for 5 mins every game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Away from the obvious things it was interesting to see ojo on the bench tonight after his midweek hat trick and not ibe who has been sitting in the stands a fair bit lately iirc. Like ibe myself but he has a lot to learn stil, with Markovic back next summer I wouldn't be against ibe going on loan again.

giphy.gif

Joe Allen had a good game when he came on. Could replace Milner in the league and keep his spot even when Milner can play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

klose wrote: »
    Away from the obvious things it was interesting to see ojo on the bench tonight after his midweek hat trick and not ibe who has been sitting in the stands a fair bit lately iirc. Like ibe myself but he has a lot to learn stil, with Markovic back next summer I wouldn't be against ibe going on loan again.

I think Klopp was visibly unhappy with Ibe the last couple times he brought him on as a sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would have been nice to have really killed the tie at 3-0 or 4-0. 2-0 leaves the door ajar slightly but you would hope we would have at least one away goal in us at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

giphy.gif

Joe Allen had a good game when he came on. Could replace Milner in the league and keep his spot even when Milner can play again.

Did Joe get something done with his hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

klose wrote: »
    Still rate Ibe. But when he had lots of chances because of injuries he didn't take him & also he was strangly way too static on the pitch as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wouldn't be writing off Milner lads, I'd expect and hope to see him for the second leg next week.

giphy.gif

We can sit back and ride this victory for a week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Speak Now wrote: »
    I think that's 2 goals conceded in 7 games. Lovren looking the part at last. Sakho still frightens the life out of me though. That fresh air clearance and the following lunge on Mata...Wow. If only he didn't turn into Traore for 5 mins every game :)

As per my mad heroin driven prediction a while back, Lovren could well be captain next season.

Better option than Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Anywhere to get highlights? I was working :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hefferboi wrote: »
    Anywhere to get highlights? I was working :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Video from inside the ground shows how BT played with the pitch side microphones

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-liverpool-fc-v-manchester-11023324

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

just back from the pub
    can i just say

you what
    you what
    you what , you what , you what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

we are greatest team
    all other teams are little girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Well done to the lads tonight solid all round performance:cool:

I hate these videos, they're so sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I hate these videos, they're so sh1te.
    They may be sh*te, but they're still the only even remotely funny or interesting thing Joe.ie has to offer.

Edit: And this one is f**kin brilliant tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement