Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don;t recall this being reported on at all here, so almost 9 months late another wonderkid is joining but not until he turns 16 (!)

Practically child snatching!

EddiTA.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-beat-rivals-manchester-united-everton-and-manchester-city-to-sign-14-year-old-wonderkid-10444840.html

Looks a bit cowardly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,040 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don;t recall this being reported on at all here, so almost 9 months late another wonderkid is joining but not until he turns 16 (!)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-beat-rivals-manchester-united-everton-and-manchester-city-to-sign-14-year-old-wonderkid-10444840.html

"It's something I've dreamed about since I was little," - says Child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Looks a bit cowardly :D

Peace man! BUT ON MY TERMS! :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I wasn't overly dissapointed when he left. His technique particularly his crossing and shooting left a lot to be desired. His pace masks a fair few issues in his game which haven't really improved despite him now playing with better players.

Yep, I haven't seen much of him since he left but the cup final showed that he hasn't really kicked on. Missed at least two great chances to kill the game off. I know he has time on his side but he is looking more likely to remain a better Theo Walcott than become a world class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We'll be waiting quite a while for that kid to not make it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

And Ayre got 50 million for young Raheem! Ian Big Balls Ayre. The spiritual uncle to Joe Big Balls Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

EddiT.jpg

Yeah, thats not right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kid looks like Joffrey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, I haven't seen much of him since he left but the cup final showed that he hasn't really kicked on. Missed at least two great chances to kill the game off. I know he has time on his side but he is looking more likely to remain a better Theo Walcott than become a world class player.

*sets bar low. Walks away, content.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can't believe I'm on your ignore list!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96649238&postcount=6373

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

I used the search function for his name but as you didn't use it, the post didn't show up. The only people who are on my ignore list have all been banned. Great! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Augeo wrote: »
    We have as little chance of winning the EL as finishing in the Top4.

Or as a much chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ah Wonderkids, Just like Martin Odegaard....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Well at 17 hes on the scrap heap for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

One youngster who I think is going to be a good player is Reece Oxford at West Ham. Looks solid on the ball, breaks up play and sensible passing. Reckon he could compare to a Michael Carrick if that's the position he ends up in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

EddiTA.jpg

Edvard Sandvic Tagseth.

You just know he is going to end up being called Sambo:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So bloody excited about the match tomorrow, its all I'm thinking of since last Thursday. Losing this doesn't even enter my mind.

The Times running Benteke to West Ham today, the supposed deal would require Liverpool to pay some of his wages which in this new monied era is a cheek.

The Times running Benteke to West Ham today, the supposed deal would require Liverpool to pay some of his wages which in this new monied era is a cheek.
    Yeah, saw that on Twitter last night. West Ham offering 80k a week, same as Carroll, with Liverpool putting up 40k a week.

We may as well keep him as a 5th striker for League cup and FA cup games:(

• Advertisement

Unless we can get £20-25m with his wages covered just keep him. I'm sick of seen the club as a soft touch in the transfer market. Benteke has an excellent PL goal scoring record, his time at Liverpool wont have changed that, many clubs will see Benteke's value and make a proper offer.

Klopp delighted with Allan call up to Brazil-U20 squad

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/211611-klopp-delighted-with-allan-progress-following-brazil-u20-call-up

Klopp has some very encouraging things to say about keeping Allan in the future despite him not being able to get a visa to play as yet.

Yeah, saw that on Twitter last night. West Ham offering 80k a week, same as Carroll, with Liverpool putting up 40k a week.

We may as well keep him as a 5th striker for League cup and FA cup games:(

Ludicrous to sell him on those terms, that takes £2m/annum left on his LFC contact off whatever fee is paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Benteke could be very useful as an option from the bench. I think its a much better 2nd option than Lambert was a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MD1990 wrote: »
    Benteke could be very useful as an option from the bench. I think its a much better 2nd option than Lambert was a year ago.

You would hope so with him being 10/12 years younger and costing £28m more than Lambert

You would hope so with him being 10/12 years younger and costing £28m more than Lambert
    I much rather have a 32m striker as an option from the bench than a 4m one who has no real pedigree & at the end of his career.

• Advertisement

Benteke won't stay as a bench player, already Wilmots is making dire predictions about his international career if he doesn't get games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I much prefer the option of Ings or Origi off the bench rather than Benteke. Benteke will get goals for us, but it's a square peg in round hole situation.
    Ings will not get as many, but will work better with the team and style of play. Origi can be used if we need to do more hold up play.

I like Benteke, I commented a while back that he needs to be more physical and I think he has actually introduced that to his game recently (not from reading here though :) )
    But he tries step overs when they are not needed and when he drops back to link up, he doesn't get back into the box quickly enough.
    He wants to not play like a lump, but he should play more like a lump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

People have seen Benteke play for us and still think he's a good option off the bench? Why? Is it a form thing and he is likely to get better? I'm genuinely interested because he's definitely bottom of the list in terms of our striker options at the moment.

Benteke just doesn't do enough, hypocritical maybe seeing as he scores goals but just doesn't contribute to the overall play enough, slows down the attack and makes us easy to defend against.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NukaCola wrote: »
    People have seen Benteke play for us and still think he's a good option off the bench? Why? Is it a form thing and he is likely to get better? I'm genuinely interested because he's definitely bottom of the list in terms of our striker options at the moment.

Benteke just doesn't do enough, hypocritical maybe seeing as he scores goals but just doesn't contribute to the overall play enough, slows down the attack and makes us easy to defend against.

That's my argument, he's going to score goals, but doesn't mesh with the rest of the 10 players on pitch.
    He's only above Balotelli in that Benteke scores goals. :D

NukaCola wrote: »

He could be useful playing against defences dropping deep & leaving no space in behind. Very good in the air & has a decent touch too. Not a huge fan of him & never wanted him but I wouldn't just sell him for 15-20m & then pay 40k a week of his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I have to say, that I think this is the first time in my memory of supporting Liverpool, that we have reached March, and I honestly couldn't tell you who would be in the running for our player of the season.

Firmino - has been good in recent weeks, but was poor for first few months. He's likely the front runner.

Clyne - A 7/10 in nearly every game. Nothing flashy, but does exactly what we ask of him. if he can add to the attacking side of things, he would be outstanding.

Coutinho - Started the year well. Has been largely inconsistent, along with picking up some injuries, for a while now.

Lallana - did well since Klopp came in, but still had his poor patches. Ultimately, not the standard you want for your POTS, even though he's doing well as of now.

Milner - The most consistent player we have, but has been consistently 6/10, rather than anything impressive. His versatility and engine has helped though, for sure. Gets more criticism than he deserves.

Can - Was honestly poor for an extended period of time. Not sure if there was tiredness there, or just him growing as a player. perhaps both. Has come on loads in recent weeks. Has learned a lot positionally in the past two months, which has helped massively. No longer does he run around like a released animal for 60 minutes.

Lovren - Playing well, injuries have perhaps kept him from being a contender. Also the chance that injuries have prevented him from displaying his brianfarts, however.

Sakho - Injured too much. Has had his shaky moments since the injury he picked up in the league game against United, where he was MOTM.

Lucas - Some fantastic games, but again, not featured enough.

Toure - Has been brilliantly dependable. If only the mad bastard was younger.

The rest, such as Origi, Moreno, Mignolet, Benteke and Allan, have either played too little, or played too crap, to be worth consideration. You know which is which.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Looking at it that way, has to be Clyne. Rarely makes a mistake and the attacking side seems to be better lately.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Looking at it that way, has to be Clyne. Rarely makes a mistake and the attacking side seems to be better lately.

Yeah, I agree. I only realised that was my thinking as I typed it out, however.

It really is a strange season.

I;d sooner judge the season at the end of the season! :)

I;d sooner judge the season at the end of the season! :)

Well, obviously. But that doesn't rule out current evaluation.

Point was, I don't remember a time supporting Liverpool whereby we are closing out a season, and I cannot think of one standout player for us.

With two months still to go any of Firmino, Can and Clyne can make a strong claim to be the player of the season the rest not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Still expecting Skrtel to come back and knock in 10 goals from corners to claim that prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Can player of the season ?? He's nowhere near it imo. Recently he's been putting in some decent displays, but was quite average up to that.

Clyne has been solid if unspectacular.

Think it has to be Firminho. First season in and he's got 8 goals and 7 assists. He's the stand out player in our team this season.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Still expecting Skrtel to come back and knock in 10 goals from corners to claim that prize.
    But can we score 10 at their end to snatch a point?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

martyos121 wrote: »

10 eoin goals more like, im hoping kolo sakho and lovern stay fit the rest of the season and skrtels lfc career ends with the arrival of matip coming.

• Advertisement

Can was average, and even poor, more often than not. Great in the last three or maybe four weeks, but prior to that, not at all.

He does look like he's really about to push on now, however.

Clyne for me, although if Firmino can manage 10 goals/assists between now and the end of the season I would have to give it to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Knex. wrote: »
    Can was average, and even poor, more often than not. Great in the last three or maybe four weeks, but prior to that, not at all.

He does look like he's really about to push on now, however.

I think he was more inconsistent than poor. PLenty of games he'd have 20 min spells where he looked dominant and then the game would completely pass him by for the next 20. If he continues his current form tho, while prob not enough for player of the season he'll be cruising to it next year.

Tomorrow night I expect United to come at us like a freight train for the first 20 mins, if we can last that 20 without conceding I reckon we will pick them off on the break, score one and the tie is over, no way are this lot scoring 4 unanswered goals.

My prediction for tomorrow night is 2-1, United will win the leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Clyne, nobody else gets near it for me, yes Firmino, Can, etc have had a decent run of late but they had plenty of stinkers as well.
    He's the only one who has been rock solid throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rob316 wrote: »
    Tomorrow night I expect United to come at us like a freight train for the first 20 mins, if we can last that 20 without conceding I reckon we will pick them off on the break, score one and the tie is over, no way are this lot scoring 4 unanswered goals.

My prediction for tomorrow night is 2-1, United will win the leg.

I know a one goal loss, a loss where we score or a draw will take us through, but I really, really want us to beat them at Old Trafford. More than anything.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I think he was more inconsistent than poor. PLenty of games he'd have 20 min spells where he looked dominant and then the game would completely pass him by for the next 20. If he continues his current form tho, while prob not enough for player of the season he'll be cruising to it next year.

I don't know. There were a lot of games where he looked extremely leggy.

He has a tendency to run around too much, too. One moment he's needlessly right wing forward, next, he's left back. Thankfully he's matured in that sense in recent weeks. His positioning and awareness is far more on point, which I think has led to the turnaround in his performances.

But yeah, there was a while there were I was desperate for him to be dropped for a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Very hard to see UTD holding us scoreless tomorrow, based on that we should be ok but I wouldnt count any chickens. They gave up lots of chances against West Ham last weekend, a West Ham that didnt play particularly well either.

Herrera
    “Old Trafford is different & the pitch is bigger & even the grass is better.

Like that will matter with Fellaini in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Can player of the season ?? He's nowhere near it imo. Recently he's been putting in some decent displays, but was quite average up to that.

Clyne has been solid if unspectacular.

Think it has to be Firminho. First season in and he's got 8 goals and 7 assists. He's the stand out player in our team this season.

Whats funny is how much fans wrote him off even at January, always felt he was your real star just needed to adapt, Klopp coming in has really helped, then again a top manager making top players play well shouldnt be surprising

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement