Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Herrera says The second leg will be totally different. The pitch is bigger here, the grass is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Old Trafford pitch is a whole 4 meters longer than Anfield pitch that is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Van Gaal: "We don't want to concede a goal but if we do we can score four. We showed that before against Midtjylland in the last round."

This guy really is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Clasping at straws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Beyond the pail, frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    This guy really is funny.

Have they scored more than 3 any other time this year?

Theyve been struggling to get more than 1/2 shots on target per game in the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

emmetkenny wrote: »

Theyve been struggling to get more than 1/2 shots on target per game in the last while.

Brugge away in the CL is the only other time (4)

Although they put in a really strong performance at Old Trafford against Arsenal recently and scored 3 which is all they need to do tomorrow if they don't concede. If they score early we could be in for a long night, but if that's our worry and we are defensive from the start then I'm still not overly confident.

Will see how Klopp plays it but in a one-off game at OT anything can happen so I'm not celebrating yet.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Utd's biggest margin wins

5-1 Midtjylland
    4-0 Club Brugge
    3-0 Shrewsbury
    3-0 Everton
    3-0 Sunderland
    3-0 Ipswich Town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

8-10 wrote: »
    Brugge away in the CL is the only other time (4)

Although they put in a really strong performance at Old Trafford against Arsenal recently and scored 3 which is all they need to do tomorrow if they don't concede. If they score early we could be in for a long night, but if that's our worry and we are defensive from the start then I'm still not overly confident.

Will see how Klopp plays it but in a one-off game at OT anything can happen so I'm not celebrating yet.

In fairness they have plenty of goals in that team. Just a dinosaur of a manager who is unwilling to adapt his style of play and allow the players to express themselves.

Should be a good game tomorrow but like a few posters have mentioned if we concede early all the pressure is on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We can score two and beat ye on penalties.

:cool:

Can't see us not conceding at least one tbh so barring us playing better than we have all season or a complete capitulation from yourselves the tie is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United talking the talk anyway.........They had 7 shots on target in their last 4 games, not that it matters for this tie but its funny that Van Gaal is coming out like Billy big balls saying they can score 4 because they scored 5 against Midtjylland.......I suppose you want to hear your manager say things like this but it comes across as nonsense to me.......

Personally I dont see United winning this in normal time anyway. I think we'll score one at OT, if United can get 4 then fair play to them......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Herrera says The second leg will be totally different. The pitch is bigger here, the grass is better

Saw that, think he smoked some of the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

we've got to go at them like men possessed early doors tomorrow, early goal and it's good night Amshterdam. If they score first the whole thing takes on a different complexion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would not be counting any chickens until at least 10pm tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LVG blames everyone else for his teams performances, instead of wondering why they were comprehensively outplayed last week he pointed to a soft penalty and an offside goal. Without Super Dave between the sticks mate you would have been battered in the last leg.

He is under savage pressure this week, probably facing the sack Monday morning if they fail to beat us or City as that will be any chance of CL football gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I agree, it'll be a tough game don't get me wrong but if we get knocked out travelling to OT with a 2 goal lead I'll be raging personally.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If they score in first half it will be fairly fckin hairy,tie is far from over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Put Joe Allen on from the start and doesn't matter what they say or do.
    He loves bigger pitches to swing his balls and better grass to massage them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Put Joe Allen on from the start and doesn't matter what they say or do.
    He loves bigger pitches to swing his balls and better grass to massage them.

He'll be looking for revenge for this...

hqdefault.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D31YyZ0dPH7c&psig=AFQjCNHOcOl5-qf9sYQgH_sKPEUmNzNxKg&ust=1458241493763913

West Ham v Liverpool U21 League Cup Semi Final. Official stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

He'll be looking for revenge for this...

hqdefault.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D31YyZ0dPH7c&psig=AFQjCNHOcOl5-qf9sYQgH_sKPEUmNzNxKg&ust=1458241493763913

It's mind-boggling how he gets away with doing that every game he plays. Being shit, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Brad Smith might be playing tomorrow night, Moreno seems to have injured himself in training this evening, though it isn't clear how serious it is yet

Brad Smith might be playing tomorrow night, Moreno seems to have injured himself in training this evening, though it isn't clear how serious it is yet

Surely Flannagan would start ahead of Smith?

Wonder what they're smoking at the Emirates now.

Augeo wrote: »

He's not registered for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Flanno is not in the Europa squad and cannot be picked. Personally think klopp messed up with that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Flanno is not in the Europa squad and cannot be picked. Personally think klopp messed up with that one

Really? He was on the comeback from a long term injury. Bit of a risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mosstin wrote: »
    Wonder what they're smoking at the Emirates now.

When Suarez left I was one of the ones thinking Sanchez would be a good replacement. Reality is he's not fit to lace his boots. Closest he gets to the same level is when George Hamilton confuses the two.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think there is a fair old chance no utd fan will be as eager to star the match thread this week. It was going around 24 hours this time last week.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He's not registered for Europe.

That's the new Kate Cohen.

5starpool wrote: »
    I think there is a fair old chance no utd fan will be as eager to star the match thread this week. It was going around 24 hours this time last week.

Ill do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

GBX wrote: »
    Really? He was on the comeback from a long term injury. Bit of a risk

Yeah true but after he started his first league game can't remember who against, klopp admitted he made a mistake

It'll be deleted if one of them takes offence to it.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    When Suarez left I was one of the ones thinking Sanchez would be a good replacement. Reality is he's not fit to lace his boots. Closest he gets to the same level is when George Hamilton confuses the two.

I think most of us felt that, no one could replace him but, given the available options, Sanchez was the best. Still think he's quality but a level below Luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take Sanchez next season for £40m &£1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lfc scouts at barca game tonight looking at ter stegan

I think he just had a good year. Never impressed me at Barca, had a good World Cup and good last season. Seems to have reverted back to type now.

U21s lost 3-2 to West Ham. Skrtel red carded. Seriously just feck off Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Zerks normally does them but I think he got detention or something.

He's not allowed in the breakfast club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

That was my first thoughts too but then remembered Flanno was not registered

Be interesting to see how Smith gets on, he has impressed any chance he has gotten so far and it would be nice to see him push on next season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

ricero wrote: »

Source??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

U21s lost 3-2 to West Ham. Skrtel red carded. Seriously just feck off Marty.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Are we on the free telebox tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

gafferino wrote: »
    ricero wrote: »

Source??
    Twitter the greatest source there is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

gafferino wrote: »
    Are we on the free telebox tomorrow?

We sure are on Setanta Ireland :)

James Milner could start at right or left back and Clyne swap if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm wondering is there is any chance Zorc could replace Ayre on the football side of things now that Klopp is here and FGS could hire someone else for the commercial side of things

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah, I didn't know he was 'indisposed' and on the boards naughty step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I'm wondering is there is any chance Zorc could replace Ayre on the football side of things now that Klopp is here and FGS could hire someone else for the commercial side of things
    I thought Billy Hogan was looking after the commercial deals for the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement