Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mav79 wrote: »
    I thought Billy Hogan was looking after the commercial deals for the club.

I thought Ayre oversaw both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't know he was 'indisposed' and on the boards naughty step.

No. I meant in school. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No. I meant in school. :)

Ah right, lol.

Preparing humour thread material maybe in case utd turn it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's great finishing the day with a good news story to warm the cockles of one's heart/spleen - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/16/tony-pulis-crystal-palace-west-brom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Would love if we went out and got Ter Stegen, looked the real deal tonight.
    If he wants to leave Barca the only way I see we don't get him is A. We don't go In for him or B. De Gea leaves United and we battle it out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    It's great finishing the day with a good news story to warm the cockles of one's heart/spleen - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/16/tony-pulis-crystal-palace-west-brom

3.5 million, that's a lot of caps and track suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ter Stegen would be a brillant signing. Been very impressed with him at Barca. Best Goalkeeper in the world with the ball at his feet. Think Pep might try get him for City though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ah right, lol.

Preparing humour thread material maybe in case utd turn it around.

Nah he gets those from Red Cafe and the facebook group YNFA the guy who posted "banter" about Hillsbrough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ill do it

Ahh ****.

Last time you did a thread, we were up 2 nil and then drew 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

He'll be looking for revenge for this...

hqdefault.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D31YyZ0dPH7c&psig=AFQjCNHOcOl5-qf9sYQgH_sKPEUmNzNxKg&ust=1458241493763913

That is just so shocking I had to chuckle. Unreal. Gis head is bent backwards at a 90 % angle.

Joao Allen is a champ, he wont let us down.

I'd take Sanchez next season for £40m &£1.

I couldnt think of a player i'd like more. Best player in the premier league for me, though he is starting to look a little lost in a stuttering Arsenal side.

I'm wondering is there is any chance Zorc could replace Ayre on the football side of things now that Klopp is here and FGS could hire someone else for the commercial side of things

Zorc. Sound like Superman's fcking nemesis!

Tomorrow is Kloppo's firsr game at auld trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Ahh ****.

Last time you did a thread, we were up 2 nil and then drew 2-2.

A repeat of that and we're through. I'm unbeaten in threads. A win a draw and an abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Tomorrow is Kloppo's firsr game at auld traffordKlopps unbeaten at auld trafford
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flanno!
    Dominic King

‎‎@DominicKing_DM

Jon Flanagan set to sign a new three-year contract; full story on @MailSport - smart move and well deserved.
    11:20 AM - 17 Mar 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    A repeat of that and we're through. I'm unbeaten in threads. A win a draw and an abandoned.

Abandoned? When was that?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

35 years ago today, Bruce Grobbelaar signed for Liverpool from Vancouver Whitecaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Revamp of the u21s league on the cards.

*More telivised games.
    *Increase in prize money.
    *Set to play at club's main stadium.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-premier-league-ii-reserves-7569298

I wonder will anything really change from the current format, if it gets the go ahead.

• Advertisement

Its a total sea change, the current U21 league is a jokeshop format. Expanding it to 38 games a season shadowing the senior schedule is exactly what's needed. Also allowing more seniors is good I think, it'll help the younger players and attract more of a crowd.

Tweaking the U16/U18s to U17/19s is also the correct thing, gives more breathing space for players esp those who are physically late bloomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

U21's games at Anfield? Isn't the pitch already ropey enough accommodating senior games?

They'll be a new one by the time the new U21s League starts (2017/18), anyway the obvious thing to do is play the away teams stadium on a given senior matchday.

Almost certainly won't happen this way, but wins for Everton, us and a draw in the City/Utd this weekend would make it very interesting in the league from 3rd downwards.

Chances are Arsenal, City and Southampton will win though. Sigh. Eeyore, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Flanno!

Absolutely brilliant news this. Great for the lad himself after all the setbacks he's had and great for us - Flanno is a solid fullback and he's Liverpool born and bred. Just wish he'd been added to our Europa League squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Flanno!

Best news of the season for me, would've been absolutely ludicrous to let go of the one talented local lad left at the club, I think he's already better than Carra was at this stage of his career, hopefully he's still nowhere near his peak.

Almost certainly won't happen this way, but wins for Everton, us and a draw in the City/Utd this weekend would make it very interesting in the league from 3rd downwards.

If all goes to plan, I could even stomach a utd win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Forgotting west ham lads. They are away to chelsea

ricero wrote: »

FA cup mode.

Clyne, Lallana, Milner, Henderson and Sturridge called up by England.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/2016/mar/england-squad-announcement-germany-netherlands

Looks like its time for Hodgson to break Sturridge again:mad:

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »

Cheering on Chelsea there I guess. Makes me feel dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Table visual before and if that happens with a draw between West Ham and Chelsea

52 Arsenal
    51 Man City
    49 West Ham
    47 Man Utd
    44 Southampton Liverpool
    43 Stoke
    40 Chelsea

52 Arsenal Man City
    50 West Ham
    48 Man Utd
    47 Liverpool
    44 Southampton
    43 Stoke
    41 Everton Chelsea

Table visual before and if that happens with a draw between West Ham and Chelsea

52 Arsenal
    51 Man City
    50 West Ham
    47 Man Utd
    44 Southampton Liverpool
    43 Stoke
    41 Chelsea

52 Arsenal Man City
    49 West Ham
    48 Man Utd
    47 Liverpool
    44 Southampton
    43 Stoke
    41 Everton
    40 Chelsea

And we'll obviously hve a game in hand as well on those above us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arsenal also have to play city as well meaning more guaranteed dropped points for one of them or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Flanno!

Delighted !! :) I'd have given the lad an extra 2 years on the contract just for that goal against Spurs alone. 13/14 had a lot of great moments, but that one stands above all for me. And Kenny's reaction... :D

Arsenal also have to play city as well meaning more guaranteed dropped points for one of them or both.

We could be well out of it at that point. If we are still in with a reasonable chance after this weekend we an look forward to future ones, but I'm taking it one set of games at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would appreciate if a sap could post this in the match thread if we find reason to celebrate later on. I'm afraid I'll have to call in dead and miss the thread on this occasion.

klopp.gif

Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We could be well out of it at that point. If we are still in with a reasonable chance after this weekend we an look forward to future ones, but I'm taking it one set of games at a time.

I don't think we have a chance of top 4 myself. Even though there is a lot of winnable fixtures we tend not to win those type of games.

• Advertisement

I don't think we have a chance of top 4 myself. Even though there is a lot of winnable fixtures we tend not to win those type of games.

I don't think well get there either, but if results go our way this weekend we have a little sniff of it. Still outsiders, but it'd be nice to have a bit of a chance.

Finish the job tonight, win at the weekend with no injuries and the season is trundling along very nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Blind and Herrera could be out according to MUTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

JonnyM wrote: »
    Blind and Herrera could be out according to MUTV.

Elbows it is then. Excellent.

Augeo wrote: »
    Finish the job tonight................

**** quoting myself ****

(I know that irks some in here but tough kids)

It really is great that in 4 hours time we'll hopefully have knocked Man Utd out of Europe at Old Trafford, fantastic.

Hopefully we can keep 11 on the pitch tonight anyhow. If we do then we really should progress. An early away goal would be lovely.

• Advertisement

Hopefully there won't be off pitch trouble, the poster on the bridge, the result from last week and the usual rivalry all combined might be potentially explosive.

Nice little throw back to the late 80s on BT sport Europe, Liverpool v Utd (Id say 88/89 season.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Augeo wrote: »
    Hopefully there won't be off pitch trouble, the poster on the bridge, the result from last week and the usual rivalry all combined might be potentially explosive.

I fully expect 90 minutes+ of poisonous arseholery.

Team in

Same as last week plus Milner at LB,

Milner at LB is an odd one.

I guess we'll talk about the game in here then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement