Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Only negative tonight was not getting another goal, cause we really should have.

Sakho & Lovren were immense again tonight and with a top class keeper behind them I'm convinced they would be a quality defensive unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Birthday tomorrow, that will do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can and Sakho.

F*cking immense. Strange that some were trying to say the former was on par with Sturridge's performance tonight.

Going by his performances since coming back, I think Origi has made a pretty clear claim for first choice for the time being.

He was stood next to Sakho at a set piece and made him look like a little tiny baby by comparison.
    He's turned into an absolute beast.

The goals aren't there yet, of course, but they're not there for Sturridge or Benteke either, and at least he gives us some dynamism around the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Job done against a terrible side in fairness. Need to improve before we meet BVB though. Allen to get more game time asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sakho was out of this world tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Quick mention for lallana as well, lad has really picked it up in the last month, beginning to look like the player Southampton sold us. Ditto Lovren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I come in peace

Well done, far better team won over two legs, no complaints. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Interesting stat but Liverpool are unbeaten in Europe against Utd. That's over 50 years!

Double post, fcuk it!

I come in peace

Well done, far better team won over two legs, no complaints. Enjoy.

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gbear wrote: »
    Going by his performances since coming back, I think Origi has made a pretty clear claim for first choice for the time being.

He was stood next to Sakho at a set piece and made him look like a little tiny baby by comparison.
    He's turned into an absolute beast.

The goals aren't there yet, of course, but they're not there for Sturridge or Benteke either, and at least he gives us some dynamism around the final third.

Would have Origi ahead of him myself. Infuriating to see him stroll around the pitch, constantly being offside and taking too many touches on the ball, and then look unhappy when he is taken off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Time to bench Sturridge, he was rank again tonight. And it's nothing to do with recovering fitness, his attitude is appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Sturridge was poor, and was giving out a lot despite not offering anything better himself......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

should have scored a few more,only disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Would have Origi ahead of him myself. Infuriating to see him stroll around the pitch, constantly being offside and taking too many touches on the ball, and then look unhappy when he is taken off.

You were infuriated when he was in the stands injured too :)

I don't think he infuriated anyone else except yourself tonight.

His presence on the pitch makes things so much easier for the other attackers as he' more often than not doing something worthwhile to allow the team attack.

Fair enough you can't see/appreciate that :)

Strikers are an easy target when they aren't scoring.

Augeo wrote: »

His presence on the pitch makes things so much easier for the other attackers as he' more often than not doing something worthwhile to allow the team attack.

Your talking bollocks as usual.

Fair enough if you can't see that.

:):):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

He was awful tonight.

Cdx6up7WEAAoWPY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really? he was rank, two good moments (the free kick, and the help when Clyne was in bother) otherwise terrible stuff. Remember how he used to jink and dart and run? He does none of that now. A shadow of his old self. He should be sold before other clubs realise how off the pace is now is.

He was brutal tonight. Brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

People have unbelievably short memories to be questioning Sturridge so harshly. He's ****ing class but currently playing ****ing ****e.

Cdx6up7WEAAoWPY.jpg

Sakho for 007 or at least painting the sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sturridge was poor, and was giving out a lot despite not offering anything better himself......

The face on him when he came off :mad:
    Thought him & Firmino were poor. I know he scored but Coutinho could have had 2/3.
    Still we went through at their expense. Hopefully we can avoid Dortmund in the next round.

Another interesting stat, Utd have failed to score in open play against Liverpool in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Really? he was rank, two good moments (the free kick, and the help when Clyne was in bother) otherwise terrible stuff. Remember how he used to jink and dart and run? He does none of that now. A shadow of his old self. He should be sold before other clubs realise how off the pace is now is.

I'm loath to agree because I've put so much stock in him coming back and transforming the team, but if the entire premise of Sturridge is that he's injured a lot but can come back and win you games, then the wheels fall off straight away if he can't do the latter.

Is a lad who can reliably play about 3 good games a season worth 150k a week or are you better off getting 15-20m quid for him and trying someone else?

There's no need to make any final decision before the end of the season but I think we'll know pretty conclusively by then.

I still think he'll stay on another season but I really don't see him ever having a season like 13/14 with us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Im afraid to say im happy wih lovren incase he turns to ****e again

<snip>

Clearly look more like Cissokho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Another interesting stat, Utd have failed to score in open play against Liverpool in Europe.

Yeah, but more importantly....

We won it five times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Clearly look more like Cissokho.
    They're all fairly similar in a kind of racist way.

• Advertisement

Your talking bollocks as usual.

Fair enough if you can't see that.

:):):rolleyes:

Yeah, like I was talking bollocks about Lallana being a decent player when many wanted him benched :) As I and a few others have said all Lallana needs is a balanced attack with a focal pt that isn't himself. Sturridge provides that along with Firmino.

I like the tone of your post though turdy kid :D
    Milkers wrote: »
    People have unbelievably short memories to be questioning Sturridge so harshly. He's ****ing class but currently playing ****ing ****e.

As sh1t as he's playing the team plays better when he's around, the opposition focus in him heavily.

Sturridge has been out for a long time, maybe its a bit much to expect him to be banging them in.........what annoys me is his attitude towards his team mates, whining and moaning while making poor decisions and giving the ball away a lot.

.... He should be sold before other clubs realise how off the pace is now is.

Throw your CV in to replace Ayre ;)

Still unbeaten in Europe under Klopp.

Sweeeeeet.

Easy stuff.

Nice to shut a few mouths.

Hopefully we can get a favourable draw

Klopp is f*cking brilliant. As a fan you'd run through a wall for him. Hard to imagine what the players would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great stuff the future is bright.

Klopp is f*cking brilliant. As a fan you'd run through a wall for him. Hard to imagine what the players would do.

Be smarter and use the key to unlock the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Delighted to beat the old enemy.

All those trolls that come onto this thread when Liverpool lose are in hiding :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Jaysus, Sakho was beyond brilliant. Can and Lovren were class too. A sweet sweet victory :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. That felt good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Can and Sakho great again. Couple of brain farts from Clyne. Can't figure Sturridge out. Hate to say it, but there seemed to be a Ballotelli lite thing going on with him at times tonight. Bit greedy and seems to have growing attitude problem.

Lovern and Sakho look pretty solid.

If Skrtel never plays a game for us again I'm ok with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Klopp half-time talk to players:

"Ok, so we've taken less points than when Rodgers was in charge and generally been worse in the league. But we just need to beat United once and they'll love us out there. They'll run through walls for me."

Duiske wrote: »
    Can and Sakho great again. Couple of brain farts from Clyne. Can't figure Sturridge out. Hate to say it, but there seemed to be a Ballotelli lite thing going on with him at times tonight. Bit greedy and seems to have growing attitude problem.

In his defence the way he portrays himself on the pitch is normally at odds with how he comes across in interviews, but his attitude last week after the game was sh1te so there does seem to be something up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Duiske wrote: »

I think Sturridge is holding back, as if he's trying to get some confidence in his body. Lets give him some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Webb calling Fellaini a ''thug '' on BT
    ''Should have been sent off last week and this week, said UEFA have got it wrong.''

Sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

quarryman wrote: »
    Klopp half-time talk to players:

"Ok, so we've taken less points than when Rodgers was in charge and generally been worse in the league. But we just need to beat United once and they'll love us out there. They'll run through walls for me."

2/10, at least the spelling is okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Just read on twitter, Liverppol are to buy 7 of the utd starting 11 tonight and loan them out to Stockport fc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Webb really wound up about Fellaini .
    ''Can't go onto the pitch without throwing his elbow at people week in week out, a thug''

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement