Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sturridge has been out for a long time, maybe its a bit much to expect him to be banging them in.........what annoys me is his attitude towards his team mates, whining and moaning while making poor decisions and giving the ball away a lot.

His goal ratio is so important to him. Its going down every game now, he was not to happy to come off. He wants to keep his amazing stats going. He needs a goal soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Webb really wound up about Fellaini .
    ''Can't go onto the pitch without throwing his elbow at people week in week out, a thug''

Haven't seen Webb get annoyed like that before. He looked really pissed off.

His goal ratio is so important to him. Its going down every game now, he was not to happy to come off. He wants to keep his amazing stats going. He needs a goal soon.

Then he needs to pull his finger out.

LVG '' They had a free week''
    '' it would have been beautiful second half but for Coutinho's goal''

Excuses excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Webb really wound up about Fellaini .
    ''Can't go onto the pitch without throwing his elbow at people week in week out, a thug''

Most players warm down after a game, microphone head breaks out the angle grinder and sharpens up his elbows.

quarryman wrote: »
    Klopp half-time talk to players:

"Ok, so we've taken less points than when Rodgers was in charge and generally been worse in the league. But we just need to beat United once and they'll love us out there. They'll run through walls for me."

You hurting,hun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes. That felt good.

Sums it up perfectly

CdyNxHdW4AA4FpO.jpg

One for us and one in the top right for Turty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You hurting,hun?

The butthurt is strong with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd have Origi in the team ahead of Sturridge hands down now till the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Lovren and Sakho outstanding tonight. Lovely to see old Trafford empty out early. Night night boys, get giggsy to turn the light off on the way out. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Easy stuff.

Nice to shut a few mouths.

Hopefully we can get a favourable draw

In order of preference:

Braga
    Sparta Prague
    Villarreal
    Bilbao
    Shakhtar
    Sevilla
    Dortmund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Lovren and Sakho outstanding tonight. Lovely to see old Trafford empty out early. Night night boys, get giggsy to turn the light off on the way out. 😊

If giggs is near your light switch I suggest u keep an eye on your misses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Ok, so we've taken less points than when Rodgers was in charge and generally been worse in the league. But we just need to beat United once and they'll love us out there. They'll run through walls for me."

Why do you even come in here with that shiot? Do you get a cheap thrill? Did someone from Liverpool ride your girlfriend or something? I've never seen your sarky remarks in any other club thread and yet here you are....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

200w_d.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

darced wrote: »

When was Sakho terrible this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Why do you even come in here with that shiot? Do you get a cheap thrill? Did someone from Liverpool ride your girlfriend or something? I've never seen your sarky remarks in any other club thread and yet here you are....

I made an incursion to the Utd thread on your behalf.

Sakho has been terrible for how long this season? one outstanding game and he has reached God status. Sturridge is injured for an eternity and gets a handful of games back before he is deemed sh1te and needs sold. crazy.

I'm at Sakho fan and he has had some poor games for sure. Great tonight though.

The Sturridge comments have been weird alright. He doesn't look fully at the races bit when he is he's on a different levels you our other attackers. With his injury record I'd say he's toast though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Sakho has been terrible for how long this season? one outstanding game and he has reached God status. Sturridge is injured for an eternity and gets a handful of games back before he is deemed sh1te and needs sold. crazy.

Sakho has had a couple of bad games but not that many at all. He has been a powerhouse in the centre for many games. I have a feeling Sturridge will be found to be carrying another injury, real or all in the mind. We cannot rely on him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Watching ITV highlights... Didi has put on a fair few pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Well that was the most enjoyably tense 90 minutes of my life.

Sakho and Can were immense, Lovren not far off.

But the sweetest sound was the sound of the axe cutting down their fergie built perch and it crumbling to dust at our feet.

Liverpool, I salute you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

And before that injury, he was actually really good.

Aubameyang works so hard. We will go close with him next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think most will admit that Sakho takes a while to get into the swing of things after an injury but don't think he has been bad for a period of ten games. Even when he was struggling he was giving it his all and not moping around the pitch.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think the relevant football chant for you is:

"You don't know what you're doing".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Record closing time for a match thread ever......

Not surprising really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Aubameyang works so hard. We will go close with him next season.

We can only dream

It's not dithering with Sturridge though, tonight it was a patent lack of effort. The mug on him when he was hooked was flat out disturbing. Away to United in Europe, and he's playing with the handbrake on while giving it the Billy-Big-Balls to his team-mates. He looks like he wants out, tbh.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not surprising really.

Within seconds of the bridge banner being mentioned earlier:

thor-2-3.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cruel on the poor wee divils really.

At least it lasted longer than rarnes' match thread :pac:

How long did the league game threads last by comparison?

I would ask a mod but dunno which one locked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Delighted with that.

When United brought Schweinsteiger on I was reminded of something. It was of a time I went to help someone with a subject they were studying in third level that was closely related to what I taught at second level.

Not really a "grind" but I was asked and went along as they were struggling. On arrival a sum of money was pushed into my hands and I was saying no, not sure if I know the particular topic that well, but they insisted.

After an hour I felt I helped a little but not hugely and I insisted on giving the money back. That's what Schweinsteiger Should do.

At least it lasted longer than rarnes' match thread :pac:

How long did the league game threads last by comparison?

I would ask a mod but dunno which one locked it.

Was wondering that too but was afraid to ask!

The draw tomorrow lads?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Didi and Gerry Adams on ITV NOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

1 win, 2 draws and a abandened thread, doesn't really reflect my success at starting match threads.

And I can't remember who asked but the abandened thread was due to me starting my first match thread when there was all ready one opened.

Going to leave my next match thread until Civil War is out and then apocalypse. That's it until next season which will start with ragnorak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    Wait until Sunday afternoon before you bother I'd say ;)

Tbh the top 4 table thingey is kind of pointless (literally) as it is based on expected points, in such an anomalous season seems defunct.

Anyway nice evening lads. Bit dodgy in the first but with Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge, always likely to get that away goal.

Played excellently in the second half, could easily have had 4 or 5. Nice to be in the quarter finals of a European competition and a welcome return to form of Sakho, was getting worried there for a while!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

it was a nice European adventure while it lasted but thats the last of the mediocre teams (bar ourselves) out of the competition. I'd expect it will get much tougher from here out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    it was a nice European adventure while it lasted but thats the last of the mediocre teams (bar ourselves) out of the competition. I'd expect it will get much tougher from here out.

Quit hitting me with those negative waves OwaynOTT!!

Those Herrera quotes get funnier and funnier every time I see them.

• Advertisement

Those Herrera quotes get funnier and funnier every time I see them.

What are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm locked! Happy and locked!!! Coutinho scoring goals like he's Messi. Great stuff. I now completely understand Arsenal fans frustration at Ozil not being as good as Coutinho, but who is?!!

Watching Man U fans slinking away into the night from the pub was a majestic sight. Great night.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    What are they?

“The pitch is bigger, even the grass is better so it’s completely different."

He said watching from the stands/at home.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

oh, match thread locked :s

good game, didnt play our best and jesus, finish our dinner... that was a poor utd team and we flummoxed a lot in front of goal. Im also beginning to doubt Sturridge. He was trying but I really feel theres been something missing. Origi looked very bright.

Utd - jaysus, worst team ive ever seen, even under moyes. There is something really rotten there and this summer seems make or break. So many nothing players and they sell Di Maria... christ.

As for us... Sakho was great, so was Lovern, really good to see. Henderson I shouted at but he was sick but like, why play him then... need to be more concise in front of goal. that will cost us in other games against better teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

CdyRnasWAAEt787.jpg

The Magnificent Seven.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement