Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

NukaCola wrote: »
    Also I do not claim to be IDK...... :)

Likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well, maybe i give him too much praise by calling him intelligent. I wouldn't call him stupid though.

I think he has good technique, makes the proper run normally, can beat players and make space when needed, doesn't needlessly give the ball away too often, doesn't roam from his position needlessly, retains possession well, doesn't needlessly shoot when a shot isn't on etc but I suppose you could say that should be expected.

Personally I dont like Lallana but he has decent attributes....

I think this sums him up pretty accurately. He does all of the above and it looks good but it generally contributes nothing threatening towards the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Allen showed more attacking awareness for his goal than Benteke has shown all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Well, maybe i give him too much praise by calling him intelligent. I wouldn't call him stupid though.

I think he has good technique, makes the proper run normally, can beat players and make space when needed, doesn't needlessly give the ball away too often, doesn't roam from his position needlessly, retains possession well, doesn't needlessly shoot when a shot isn't on etc but I suppose you could say that should be expected.

Personally I dont like Lallana but he has decent attributes....
    "doesn't needlessly give away the ball" ...he lost the 10 times tonight and not only lost it but gave it directly to arsenal players. he clearly doesn't retain possession. He is not an intelligent player. He was a major problem tonght and until he is out of the team we will continue to struggle

I think it's easy to say none of our defenders are great, but every one of them will improve if they have a keeper behind them that they're confident in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If we are really giving mig a new contract to secure a higher transfer fee then it's a little bit of a risk.

I'm not sure I buy what some of the posters have said about Klopp and the lap of honour or whatever.

We have secured a couple of late draws (one of which we played awful in an another at league 2 Exeter). Absolutely commend the team for fighting on I just don't necessarily feel there is a connection.

More interested in turning these home draws into wins and stop getting hammered away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Worth noting thats another goal from a player off the bench for klopp, thats a few times now since he took over that he managed to change a game off the bench somethig rodgers could never do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Henderson let out some roar at the lino :)

Should of put down a wooden floor, not as if he can't afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gbear wrote: »
    A lad I work with never stops talking about how ****e Joe Allen is.

It's been gas this season. It seems like every time he's played he's got man of the match and then he scores the equaliser tonight.

If he's happy to be 6th choice midfielder and we can afford to keep then I say, why not?

Against all logic the tragically mediocre Joe Allen is secretly amazing all the time.:p
    I will never understand the hatred he gets. People don't seem to comprehend that a squad will always need players who are happy to be rotated and aren't on silly wages.

I will never understand the hatred he gets..........

He played half of our good run last year in front of the back 3 and all his haters forget that. Lucas was the only reason we had that run :pac:

Rodgers had nothing to do with it either, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

K-9 wrote: »
    Klopp is sorting out the Anfield form and library anyway, twice we've come from behind in the last 3 home games. Laugh at the victory parade if you want but it worked.

Should really have won except for the defensive mistakes so no change there.

Hendo was class considering his injury problems all season, can't think of one player who was consistently great barring him. Can, Moreno, Clyne and Firmino all good, but misplaced poor passes several times.

Can was up for it but we could do with him being a couple of years older with more awareness of who is around him. Seems to get an idea to do something and willfully tries to make to make it happen instead of using his loaf. Good heart, great engine, good tackler, can pass/shoot but needs to work on his left side.

Hendo was excellent. Love that chap. Firmino, this time for me yes. Sakho was running like a hyena and spewing the ball at the opposition, Caulker needs to step up quick to let Mama recover properly. I love him too but we can't have him playing at 70% for much longer.

Enough said about Mig.

Di Marzio says Klopp wants to bring Markovic back this month. Didn't think that was possible. Would normally trust Di Marzio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Bowlardo wrote: »
    "doesn't needlessly give away the ball" ...he lost the 10 times tonight

"too often" link for the stat of losing it 10 times please. I recall 3/4.
    and not only lost it but gave it directly to arsenal players.

Normally what happens when you lose the ball alright
    he clearly doesn't retain possession.

I disagree, holds the ball too long and plays it backward, instead of releasing quicker.
    He was a major problem tonght and until he is out of the team we will continue to struggle

I agree. Doesn't do enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

I cannot for the life of me understand how Sakho gets away with some of his performances from fans and there's others like Allen who are pillared constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

klose wrote: »
    Klopp was quick to axe bogdan after ****ing up with the kids playing last week, axe could be swung again after that as mignolet aboslutely ballsed up everyones good work tonight.

Was just saying to one of the lads how quick Ferguson was to boot Taibi out straightafter he bought him when he made those klangers in his first few games.

He was ruthless and I think Klopp will be the same. A jittery goalie is like poison.

I would expect a new, possibly expensive, goalie coming in this summer at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana is an ok squad player imo. But with injuries he is having to start alot of games. Ibe & Sakho both were barely fit so deserve to be cut a bit of slack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ibe's just too predictable at times, but he's young and will get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Gbear wrote: »
    A lad I work with never stops talking about how ****e Joe Allen is.

It's been gas this season. It seems like every time he's played he's got man of the match and then he scores the equaliser tonight.

If he's happy to be 6th choice midfielder and we can afford to keep then I say, why not?

Against all logic the tragically mediocre Joe Allen is secretly amazing all the time.:p

I'm not the biggest fan of Allen but he looks to be really improving i recent games. He's a good squad player at least, happy to get his game time, no moaning and tries to put it in for the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Also I do not claim to be IDK...... :)

Well it wasn't directed at you then. 😊

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

garra wrote: »
    Can was up for it but we could do with him being a couple of years older with more awareness of who is around him. Seems to get an idea to do something and willfully tries to make to make it happen instead of using his loaf. Good heart, great engine, good tackler, can pass/shoot but needs to work on his left side.

Hendo was excellent. Love that chap. Firmino, this time for me yes. Sakho was running like a hyena and spewing the ball at the opposition, Caulker needs to step up quick to let Mama recover properly. I love him too but we can't have him playing at 70% for much longer.

Enough said about Mig.

Have to say Can has really settled under Klopp.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    As k9 said people can laugh at the 'celebration' a few weeks ago but it has worked. The team are fighting until the end and the crowd are responding.

You're so out of touch. We were simply celebrating drawing at home with West Brom. F*ck sake man, have you not 'read' the humour thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Firmino is much better up front than I thought. Formation and signings for next season should be:
    GK
    Clyne Sakho CB Moreno
    Henderson Can
    Coutinho
    RW Firmino LW

GK: get a high quality goalkeeper! They're not that expensive and definitely make the defence a much better unit as a whole eg. ter Stegen or Leno

CB: must be a leader at the back. Too many of our defenders aren't vocal enough and authority is critical for a solid defence.

LW/ RW: Here's the most difficult one. Good wingers will cost a mint, but we really need two. Lallana and Ibe aren't good enough to be in our first team.

The midfield are fairly weak defensively but with a strong back line and moreno being forced to play more conservative, as he is not supplying all the width as he is now, I think it could work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just play Caulker everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

slingerz wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me understand how Sakho gets away with some of his performances from fans and there's others like Allen who are pillared constantly

Because a) Sakho isn't fully fit and is still our best cb. He mad some really good interceptions when we were 2-3 down. B) people still focus on the Welsh xavi rubbish (he's clearly pirlo). And there's lots of posters giving out yards about Sakho tonight. Even tho he wasn't that bad... well in comparison to the clown in net.

Augeo wrote: »
    I said I wasn't answering your question, indeed I made no attempt.

I'm not a football pundit not do I claim to be in the know, defining what makes a footballer intelligent or not to me isn't a simple question.

no need to be such a w@nker about it :D

Also, he's missed when he doens't play so please explain how I'm wrong? Simply question fred.

You gave a sarky reaponse, you got one back. As long as you can take it as well as give it, no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pretty surreal watching Caulker come on as I hadn't been on the net much to see he'd been even confirmed.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Pretty surreal watching Caulker come on as I hadn't been on the net much to see he'd been even confirmed.

Klopp is trolling ya!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is a penalty, isn't it. Newcastle Man U game

'Penalty if you make yourself bigger with your hands''

Lineker '' We've all done that ''
    Laughing ensues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Caulker up front probably has better movement than Benteke who again complained tonight about a cross while just standing in the near the penalty area where Ibe couldn't find him. It needs to be drilled into Benteke to attack the 6 yard box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

This places amazes me on a daily basis. Weeks ago it was mainly "Sakho for captain" and "Firmino, gone in the summer". 90 minutes later and that's all changed! :D

For me, Hendo and Clyne are the only two players we have that perform regularly, everyone else is more often miss than hit. There is a lot of shíte in this squad, Klopp may turn some of them around, but a lot need to get the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sakho getting a free pass again on here and cut some slack for not being match fit tonight. Lol. I brought it up before but the man can seemingly do no wrong in the eyes of the fanboys. Just like mignolet used to do until everyone eventually realised how poor he really is.
    Happy to get the draw in the end but we really need to sort out our sh*t at the back. Moreno, once again, burned by Campbell all night. Can asleep at the controls for the second half. Lallana non existent for most of the game. Ibe not knowing what to do in possession when he got one on one with monreal.

Besides that some great fight shown by the players. Firminho with two lovely finishes. Hendo being a monster. Can first half running them ragged. Clyne solid all night. It's set up for Sunday now... United lost an equaliser and we gained one... We should be, morale wise at least, in a better place and them and hopefully we'll build on that and get the big home win klopps been craving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Ibe/Moreno/Clyne/Can/Firminio will all improve under Klopp cos they are his type of player. High energy and they got many years ahead of them. Look at the difference Can has made, how far he has come since last year. That with just half a season under his belt. We are all far too quick to disregard players based on a few games. Some of these can take a year or two to develop. I think Klopp will give them all time - and rightly so.

Not defending Mig but when i look at the goal from the corner especially - i cannot for the life of me understand why a ball that is first made contact with at hip height makes it's way into our 6 yard box with 3 players in front of it. It's just unforgivable. Stop grappling with players and simply win the ****ing header! No matter who our CB's are i'd expect them to clear 90% of all headers into the box. You'd think without Skrtel the grappler on the pitch we'd be better ... so frustrating we are not.

Great game and good result tonight. Sunday will be interesting since we've been spanked royally against United the last 2 times. I don't expect Klopp will let that happen this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

uppG30v.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

In 5 games up front Firmino has 3 goals and 3 assists. I don't think he's filling in up top in place of a striker, I think he is a striker. Quite happy to see him starting up top.

When I saw he was starting up front I backed him anytime goalscorer straight away. He definitely looks better playing in that role. Think him and Sturridge with Coutinho behind them and 2 proper wingers would be very prolific, attacking wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

hefferboi wrote: »
    When I saw he was starting up front I backed him anytime goalscorer straight away. He definitely looks better playing in that role. Think him and Sturridge with Coutinho behind them and 2 proper wingers would be very prolific, attacking wise.

You want to play 5 attacking players, that sir is just madness

Sakho was just back from an injury so not match fit...

The problem is the injuries though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

This places amazes me on a daily basis. Weeks ago it was mainly "Sakho for captain" and "Firmino, gone in the summer". 90 minutes later and that's all changed! :D

I would agree!

I don't think we have any players that are consistent.
    A few consistently sh1te maybe.

Question for all: Who do you think are our 3 best players?

Firmino needs to become consistent.

No doubt he will but we need it very soon

MD1990 wrote: »
    Caulker up front probably has better movement than Benteke who again complained tonight about a cross while just standing in the near the penalty area where Ibe couldn't find him. It needs to be drilled into Benteke to attack the 6 yard box.

I went mad when ibe drilled in that cross that Cech cleared out, again he done that thing where he sticks his two hands out as if to say ' are you blind I'm fcuking here' and he was all the way on the edge of the box where he would never have gotten a cut back. Again later on we had a bit of a counter on and lallana had the ball on the left hand of the box and benteke was practically standing on his toes there too? Get in the box ffs.
    In fairness he did win the header for allens goal but it's hard to see him changing klopps perception about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What a game that was. Allen's equaliser felt like a winner.

- Sakho was pretty poor overall. He did make some good interceptions, but he also looked like he was playing on ice. i'm a huge fan of his, but he has been poor since coming back from injury in December. Maybe it's fitness, i don't know, but he would want to get it sorted because on form he is capable of being our main CB.

- Emre Can was an absolute boss for 90 minutes. There's a question further up about who our 3 best players are, he has to be in there for me. Milner also played great for about 45-50 minutes before he looked like he was going to fall apart.

- Moreno showed great intent and confidence going forward. Some composure (and shooting practice) and he could be lethal.

- Firmino - wow. More of that please.

- Ibe dwindled as the game went on. He has shown great maturity for the most part but every so often you do get a reminder of his age. Shouldn't be relied on as a first choice if we can avoid it.

- Mignolet. I just can't fathom it. He has to go. How good is Danny Ward...?

- I'm refusing to describe this as some sort of new dawn, rejuvination, etc. There were encouraging signs but we've seen it before. Achieving this on a consistent basis is the key and, in all likelihood, I wouldn't expect it until next season. But it is bloody fun when it happens, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

K-9 wrote: »
    Sakho was just back from an injury so not match fit...

The problem is the injuries though.

Yeah mostly his injuries are the problem and then he just isn't good enough. You are spot on.

I know loads on here point to him being captain of PSG at a young age but that doesn't really matter if he can't perform to even a decent level on a regular basis. I also don't buy this other notion that he's playing alongside bad defenders who make him look worse. Consider the opposite...if Sakho is so good then why doesn't he ever make any of our other defenders look better.

Love sakho as much as anyone but some of his passing last night begged belief, if he keeps passing it straight to opposition midfielders we will sooner rather than later concede from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah mostly his injuries are the problem and then he just isn't good enough. You are spot on.

I know loads on here point to him being captain of PSG at a young age but that doesn't really matter if he can't perform to even a decent level on a regular basis. I also don't buy this other notion that he's playing alongside bad defenders who make him look worse. Consider the opposite...if Sakho is so good then why doesn't he ever make any of our other defenders look better.

Did you watch him earlier this season? He was superb for us. Like all the rest on here who slate him regularly you're more focused on your opinion being correct than in any real dissection of his ability or how he's played when fit. He's clearly the most talented if our 4 senior cbs. Anyone who would rather lovren, toure or skrtel is crazy.

No cb has ever made skrtel look good. It's not possible as he defends 5 yards deeper than the rest.

The Sakho stuff is the same as those who want moreno replaced. Ludicrous stuff. Also both are very important when it comes to setting up our attacks as both are excellent on the ball... unless of course you think Sakho us a rubbish passed too.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Sakho getting a free pass again on here and cut some slack for not being match fit tonight. Lol. I brought it up before but the man can seemingly do no wrong in the eyes of the fanboys.

What are you talking about?? Nobody in that defence is getting a free pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

Not if the two hands fell off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

doc_17 wrote: »

Nonsense complaint. if he is good at his job, why isn't everyone else? How does that add up?

Plus, his partnership with Lovren DID look decent. Lovren looked far more assured playing with Sakho than with Skrtel.

I don't buy that a good CB inherently makes his partner better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mignolet terrible for the first goal can't blame him for the second no way that ball should reach him
    And the girod touch changes the direction of the ball
    Sakho needs to deal with the cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Watching the highlights again - that game is why the PL is still the best in the world. Up and down the pitch, quality finishing, passion and effort from everyone, and the last minute goal in the snow when everyone is out on their feet - extraordinary!!

Look, it's a point against the league leaders during a real injury crisis. We managed to put out a good XI, but some were held together with scotch tape. So I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

I will not slag off Joe Allen for 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Still trying to figure out what Lallana brings to us.

He's a filler until the summer I'd imagine

flock of seagulls hair and Nivea contracts..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement