Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Firmino is injured it's time for Sturidge to stand up and show what he is made of and not get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It means a run for Oirigi, hopefully. Ojo on the bench.

****. He's in decent form too. Typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Carrying an injury probably explains his subdued performance on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Carrying an injury probably explains his subdued performance on Thursday.
    Who, Sturridge?

:pac:

Anyway, Sturridge has to go to the england squad and get injured by Roy.

Again:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

FFS !!!!!! He can't stay fit, better off selling him now, sure if he's not on the pitch what use is he. Probably all in his head anyway.:rolleyes:
    Practically Sturridge MKII

Umaro wrote: »
    Rumours coming out that Firmino is injured for a few weeks now.
    It seems to be bruising he's being withdrawn with so shouldn't be long term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Firmino out (plus Milner with his red card) means a space for Origi to start is clearly there. Unless Klopp goes for Allen playing quite high up with Hendo and Can in the engine room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

When's Lucas meant to be back?

Low rent webpages are going with Kevin Volland, hard to take it seriously as Hoff may well be going down this season so its obvious enough the U21 international will be moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Low rent webpages are going with Kevin Volland, hard to take it seriously as Hoff may well be going down this season so its obvious enough the U21 international will be moving.

Might as well take Schär too while we're at it. He's had a pretty poor season there but he looked like a world class centre half in the making at Basel, if he's going cheap he's well worth a gamble.

Don't rate Volland as a Liverpool-quality player myself but he does put in a good shift, reminds me a bit of Kuyt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Reports coming out that the injury Firmino suffered is a hamstring strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

mav79 wrote: »
    Reports coming out that the injury Firmino suffered is a hamstring strain.

Confirmed in the Echo. Out tomorrow and out of Brazil squad.

Klopp ready to sell Henderson in the Times has just been on MoTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Would done-deal or adverts not be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I think this is the quote where the story is coming from.

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/711321524972752897

martyos121 wrote: »

Don't rate Volland as a Liverpool-quality player myself but he does put in a good shift, reminds me a bit of Kuyt.

Never took any notice of him on the ole German highlights programmes but 35 goals from 137 Bundesliga games over 4 seasons isn't bad for a 23 year old winger :) Loads of assists too.

To be fair he'd probably be more effective for us than Benteke.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I think this is the quote where the story is coming from.

https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/711321524972752897

He's not really closing the door to any interested clubs :)
    I really wouldn't mind an upgrade on Henderson, an upgrade on him at his best. Don't think he's quite good enough, can't see him improving at this stage.

He's poor enough in front of goal, not capable of pinging balls about and not disciplined enough to be a holding mid.

Thought he's really step up when SG left but don't see it happening now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Never took any notice of him on the ole German highlights programmes but 35 goals from 137 Bundesliga games over 4 seasons isn't bad for a 23 year old winger :) Loads of assists too.

One positive is his relationship with Firmino.

At this stage though, I think the question for every signing has to be "is this the best signing we can manage in this position". He'd clearly be a good addition, but that's the question that needs to be answered. We only need a couple of additions, so the focus should be on making them the very best buys we can, rather than just solid. And maybe he is. Himself and Markovic would offer a good variety of options in those kinds of positions anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He's not really closing the door to any interested clubs :)
    I really wouldn't mind an upgrade on Henderson, an upgrade on him at his best. Don't think he's quite good enough, can't see him improving at this stage.

He's poor enough in front of goal, not capable of pinging balls about and not disciplined enough to be a holding mid.

Thought he's really step up when SG left but don't see it happening now.

I agree to some extent but I feel we're already short on midfielders so I'd rather Henderson be kept on, while two new midfielders settle in.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    .......We only need a couple of additions..........

I agree with your entire post but especially this, the squad is really decent when all/most are fit, when 4/5 of the first 11 are out we look a bit fecked admittedly.
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    I agree to some extent but I feel we're already short on midfielders so I'd rather Henderson be kept on, while two new midfielders settle in.

Yup, he'd be great to have longterm if there was better starting, it's just it's hard to see him go from captain to bench.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    One positive is his relationship with Firmino.

At this stage though, I think the question for every signing has to be "is this the best signing we can manage in this position". He'd clearly be a good addition, but that's the question that needs to be answered. We only need a couple of additions, so the focus should be on making them the very best buys we can, rather than just solid. And maybe he is. Himself and Markovic would offer a good variety of options in those kinds of positions anyway.

I'm convinced we can sign a far better singer than Volland, there's enough of them out there too that would love to play for this club. We need to be far more ambitious though, he hasn't improved considerably since he broke onto the German scene a few years back, he's a very good player for Hoffenheim, who are battling relegation and was very much second fiddle to Firmino while he was there.

He'd be a grand squad player for us, but grand squad players are the last thing we need. Spend the extra £10-15m and get a quality, interchangeable forward who can score 15 goals a season for us and create space for strikers to run into like Suarez did for Sturridge (that's also how to get the best out of him, not leaving him up top on his own).

He'd be a grand squad player for us, but grand squad players are the last thing we need. Spend the extra £10-15m and get a quality, interchangeable forward who can score 15 goals a season for us and create space for strikers to run into like Suarez did for Sturridge (that's also how to get the best out of him, not leaving him up top on his own).

To be fair I reckon Klopp sees Firmino as a propor striker, it's ideally him and Sturridge up front with Coutinho & Lallana supporting from midfield.
    Would like to see Origi start tomorrow with Sturridge, Benteke on the bench.

To be fair I reckon Klopp sees Firmino as a propor striker, it's ideally him and Sturridge up front with Coutinho & Lallana supporting from midfield.
    Would like to see Origi start tomorrow with Sturridge, Benteke on the bench.

Yeah it seems that way, I'd love to see what Origi and Sturridge could do together tomorrow as well since Bobby is crocked, but I doubt Klopp will play two up top away from home.

Just on a side note about Benteke, I saw clips of him at Villa again the last night, and even though I've criticised him so much, there's a really good player in there in any system of play. The difference between him in the air alone is shocking, he rarely lost a header for Villa against most defenders, but he's rarely won any for us. I'd love to see what a confident Benteke could do but I'd still rather see him sold for a striker who can contribute when he's not at his best, like Torres did in 10/11 under Hodgson when he was pretty much finished as a top player.

Just on a side note about Benteke, I saw clips of him at Villa again the last night, and even though I've criticised him so much, there's a really good player in there in any system of play. The difference between him in the air alone is shocking, he rarely lost a header for Villa against most defenders, but he's rarely won any for us...........

No doubt, you get away with poor form at Villa though more so than at LFC, which is good of course.

I feel for the lad really, he can't be enjoying it, heading into the Euro comp too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I love that it's still driving him nuts. Absolutely love it.

That you kev?

Benteke to Juventus if the price is right is out there now that's a strange one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

noodler wrote: »
    Unpopular perhaps, but I agree with Pards that any touch in that box shouldn't necessarily be a penalty.

All we want is consistency! Except Pardew.

Love him going on about bias. You got a similar awarded to ye in the last game and not a peep out of you.

I can them getting dragged into the relegation battle, tough run of fixtures coming up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah it seems that way, I'd love to see what Origi and Sturridge could do together tomorrow as well since Bobby is crocked, but I doubt Klopp will play two up top away from home.

Just on a side note about Benteke, I saw clips of him at Villa again the last night, and even though I've criticised him so much, there's a really good player in there in any system of play. The difference between him in the air alone is shocking, he rarely lost a header for Villa against most defenders, but he's rarely won any for us. I'd love to see what a confident Benteke could do but I'd still rather see him sold for a striker who can contribute when he's not at his best, like Torres did in 10/11 under Hodgson when he was pretty much finished as a top player.

Could be after his achilles injury he just isn't the same. Happened John Barnes and he had to move to midfield.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

K-9 wrote: »
    Could be after his achilles injury he just isn't the same. Happened John Barnes and he had to move to midfield.

What was up the other night as well? Went off getting sick at half time but didn't waiT around to celebrate with his team but rather sat in the bus. Things mightn't be rosy in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What was up the other night as well? Went off getting sick at half time but didn't waiT around to celebrate with his team but rather sat in the bus. Things mightn't be rosy in the background.

On thurs ? They all looked pissed off at the final whistle ! Strange

Benteke to Juventus if the price is right is out there now that's a strange one.
    I can imagine the deal.

We pay them £20m and £90k a week for Bentekes wages and give them Lucas on a free transfer.

Italian clubs can fcuk right off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Really? Where did you hear that? First I've heard of it although I've kinda been out of the loop for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I really thought he would push on after Gerrard left but his foot injury seems to have really hampered him.

I hope that if this turns out to be true that Milner doesn't end up as Captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I can't see us selling him to Spurs, if he does regain his form he's a very good PL player. We'd only be strengthening our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Henderson is a decent player for where the club are now. He's a 6/7 out of 10 who works hard and occasionally shines, but if the he club are looking to improve and take the next step to be challenging for major titles, they have to be looking at better players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Henderson is a decent player for where the club are now. He's a 6/7 out of 10 who works hard and occasionally shines, but if the he club are looking to improve and take the next step to be challenging for major titles, they have to be looking at better players.

I disagree, on form he's one of our best players and he was brilliant in 13/14 surrounded by better players.
    If the club are looking to take the next step, Henderson's position is one of the last ones we need to look at imo. GK, LB, Winger, a striker if Benteke goes and a Mid to play with Can and Henderson need prioritising first.

I disagree, on form he's one of our best players and he was brilliant in 13/14 surrounded by better players.
    If the club are looking to take the next step, Henderson's position is one of the last ones we need to look at imo. GK, LB, Winger, a striker if Benteke goes and a Mid to play with Can and Henderson need prioritising first.

If anything, he was even better last year, when all around him went backwards, form-wise.

I wouldn't want to let Henderson leave unless there are two top class replacements brought in one to replace him in the first team and one that would replace him as a squad player.

• Advertisement

Well that's it then - Hendo is out the door! :pac:

Who is doing the match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hendo leaving will make absolutely no difference to the squad. Allen / Can / Milner all ahead of him. And no doubt Klopp is eyeing an upgrade on them.

Simply, he's just not that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Allen gets a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Slattsy wrote: »
    Hendo leaving will make absolutely no difference to the squad. Allen / Can / Milner all ahead of him. And no doubt Klopp is eyeing an upgrade on them.

Simply, he's just not that good.

Allen is flavour of the month around here, but all it will take is a couple of bad performances and he will be written off again.

It's the same in reverse with Henderson, and Sturridge.

Lovren, Sakho, Lucas, Skrtel, Can etc have all been though this cycle.

On Henderson, we have too quickly forgotten what he offers us. Would take a silly offer for me to want to sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Flanagan signs new contract and gets the armband, great to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

On Henderson, we have too quickly forgotten what he offers us. Would take a silly offer for me to want to sell him

Think he's a good player and has been excellent for us in the past, has had a poor season but with injury sometimes that happens.

I dont think its wrong to say that our Midfield is lacking real quality.....I'd have Allen/Milner gone before Henderson personally but thats just me. If Klopp wants rid though?.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

On Henderson , i thought it was £20 million down the drain when he first signed, but he stepped up to it and its no co-incidence our title charge stalled in 13/14 when he got sent off .
    He has earned a bit of patience with his injury.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement