Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'd be more critical to be honest, and argue hindsight wasn't needed. Wanyama/Mane came on at HT. ............

How do half time subs work?
    Do each dressing room know the opposition are replacing x with y before they come out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We'd have loads of clean sheets against Mexican teams anyway with the amount of walls he's planning to build.

I'd rather have the head of Luas operations.

Forget parking the bus, we're parking the tram and it won't move for weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    How do half time subs work?
    Do each dressing room know the opposition are replacing x with y before they come out ?

My point was that Koeman seen how he lost the first half, made his changes at HT and for approx 20 minutes up to their first goal Klopp should have seen enough to react to those changes, but he didn't.......he had plenty of time to assess and failed to do so IMO......

NukaCola wrote: »
    My point was that Koeman seen how he lost the first half, made his changes at HT and for approx 20 minutes up to their first goal Klopp should have seen enough to react to those changes, but he didn't.......he had plenty of time to assess and failed to do so IMO......

......... sorry :)

Was just wondering would Klopp have known Koeman's HT subs before/after he made his own and vice versa or are they blind them them.

I got your pt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

More rumour mongering - Xhaka from Jonathan Northcroft in the Sunday Times and Bild going with Niklas Sule (he was mentioned a day or two ago wasn't he?).

He was on TAW today and referred to his article about Henderson being available.
    Another point made and blindingly obvious to us all is that we have NEVER replaced Xabi :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    ......... sorry :)

Was just wondering would Klopp have known Koeman's HT subs before/after he made his own and vice versa or are they blind them them.

I got your pt :)

Oh right :).....i would have said they'd be blind to them, but I never thought about it before now that you mention it......

He was on TAW today and referred to his article about Henderson being available.
    Another point made and blindingly obvious to us all is that we have NEVER replaced Xabi :(.

It was always going to be near impossible to replace Xabi, but the thing that annoys me is that we made absolutely no attempt to do so. Look at the midfielders we signed since he left:

Aquilani (poor fit)
    Shelvey (just not good enough)
    Meireles (bang average, had his moments)
    Poulsen (LOL)
    Henderson (good, nowhere close to Xabi though)
    Adam (describing him isn't worth the yellow card)
    Allen (closest we've come to Alonso stylistically but once again, not in the same league)
    Coutinho (class, but totally different position)
    Lallana (see above, minus some of the class)
    Can (gorgeous, but a different type of midfielder to Xabi)
    Milner (workhorse but lacking in quality)

That makes for pretty depressing reading in my opinion, we've been awful at signing midfielders for years. Without Gerrard, we'd have finished in the bottom half in 2010/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Skrtel, the same lad that was solid as a rock when we nearly won the title and everyone raving about how much city would give to us at the time for him.

Are you having a laugh we conceded 50 goals in 13/14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Milkers wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh we conceded 50 goals in 13/14.

Wasn't skyrtl the only player to score against all the top four , icluding liverpool, that yeat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cjmc wrote: »
    Wasn't skyrtl the only player to score against all the top four , icluding liverpool, that yeat ?

Yes, but he was signed as a defender not a goalscorer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was always going to be near impossible to replace Xabi, but the thing that annoys me is that we made absolutely no attempt to do so. Look at the midfielders we signed since he left:

Aquilani (poor fit)
    Shelvey (just not good enough)
    Meireles (bang average, had his moments)
    Poulsen (LOL)
    Henderson (good, nowhere close to Xabi though)
    Adam (describing him isn't worth the yellow card)
    Allen (closest we've come to Alonso stylistically but once again, not in the same league)
    Coutinho (class, but totally different position)
    Lallana (see above, minus some of the class)
    Can (gorgeous, but a different type of midfielder to Xabi)
    Milner (workhorse but lacking in quality)

That makes for pretty depressing reading in my opinion, we've been awful at signing midfielders for years. Without Gerrard, we'd have finished in the bottom half in 2010/11.

I'm way more convinced that Klopp will make better purchases all round and I hope I'm not proved wrong. But it seems like some players are bought just for the sake of it with no plan behind it, something I think Klopp will be better at than previous regimes

Umaro wrote: »
    We need to dispell with the fiction that Donald Trump is our manager.

This needs to be blown out of the water right now...

http://trumpdonald.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sign Gundogan and I'd happily let Henderson go for £25m+

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hate when we lose any game, but it is exacerbated when it's just before a stupid international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sign Gundogan and I'd happily let Henderson go for £25m+

What would people think of us trying to sign (and this isn't a joke) Nuri Sahin?

I think whoever it is (Ruben Neves another good option), Henderson should leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Skrtel's been here for 9 years and people are still getting his name wrong.

It's SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL

FCUK SAKE

Drives me up the wall

hefferboi wrote: »
    Skrtel's been here for 9 years and people are still getting his name wrong.

It's SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL

FCUK SAKE

Drives me up the wall

It's actually Škrtel, if you're going to be exact about it.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Skrtel's been here for 9 years and still drives me up the wall

SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL SKRTEL

FCUK SAKE
    fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Get rid of Skrtel and bring back Aertel.

They'd be some match threads. Liverpool v Southampton kick off 1.30 live on Aertel page 230

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Get rid of Skrtel and bring back Aertel.

They'd be some match threads. Liverpool v Southampton kick off 1.30 live on Aertel page 230

Goal for Liverpool!

15 minutes ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

It's actually Škrtel, if you're going to be exact about it.

:pac:

That's too technical :p

That's too technical :p

Get a better keyboard then hęffërbøī! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The thing is though, give the way the Manchester derby went, that wasn't a dead rubber of a match. If we'd have won that, we'd have been 4 points off 4th with a game in hand. That was a must win game IMO, and we didn't win it.

I'm hoping Lucas out and Henderson not himself just limited his options to try and change it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Goal for Liverpool!

15 minutes ago

Irish goalscorers in green...always loved that feature although it probably took 300 lines of code to execute

Goal for Liverpool!

15 minutes ago

Wonder if it was a controversial decision, I don't think it was.

Utd/another team fan - possible a disgraceful decision, I'm fairly sure it might have been a dive, maybe he was looking for the contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Liverpool to Play Barcelona in August in the Aviva. Dont know if thats a Liverpool 11.

I can hear the sound of LOI warriors heads popping as we speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liverpool to Play Barcelona in August in the Aviva. Dont know if thats a Liverpool 11.

I can hear the sound of LOI warriors heads popping as we speak

God help anybody who ends up sitting beside AndersonIsGod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The senior side are off touring the USA stadium circuit - I hear they are supporting Van Halen.

That will really get the crowd jumping

But is it old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen or Sammy Hagar, Van Halen or new/old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen?

There really is only one right answer!!!
    Old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen

• Advertisement

Gary Cherone ? :)

Gary Cherone ? :)

:eek: That is totally blanked from my memory forever:P

But is it old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen or Sammy Hagar, Van Halen or new/old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen?

There really is only one right answer!!!
    Old school David Lee Roth, Van Halen

I'd like to have seen a five piece with Hagar mainly on guitar duties - him and Eddie would have been brilliant in tandem in the 70s when they were both at their freshest. Obviously one would have killed the other in no time, but still! :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The senior side are off touring the USA stadium circuit - I hear they are supporting Van Halen.

I'm guessing the length of the tour will depend on whether we have to play EL qualifiers in July or not.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm guessing the length of the tour will depend on whether we have to play EL qualifiers in July or not.

That's festival season mate, no chance they'll want to play two first round matches against FC Ramstadtnericki United CF when they could be drinking tins in a field somewhere in Europe.

It remains to be seen if Liverpool will be in Europe at all. Could easily finish 8th and that won't be enough I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

As winners of Europa league we will go straight into the group stages of CL

Damn straight

Is that the case though? I thought it would be the 3rd round qualifiers. Still won't happen either way.

This Aviva thing is just rumour isnt ? :(

Looks like its all in USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

This Aviva thing is just rumour isnt ? :(

Looks like its all in USA

There's a European venue to be confirmed for the match with Barca.

corwill wrote: »

The Point or vicar street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Celtic V Barcelona was just announced in the Aviva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The Point or vicar street?

Thomas House. Defenders assemble!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As winners of Europa league we will go straight into the group stages of CL

Only if Man City win the Champions League and finish in the top 4, other wise it is the Play off round.

At the moment Liverpool are not in Europe for next season no matter what people think after the Capital One final loss.

As of right now since Man City are in 4th so get into the Champions League play off, 5th in the league goes into the group stage of the Europa League and 6th start in the 3rd round of the Europa League Qualification having to play in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

corwill wrote: »

Home V Barca to open the new stand :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only if Man City win the Champions League and finish in the top 4, other wise it is the Play off round.

At the moment Liverpool are not in Europe for next season no matter what people think after the Capital One final loss.

As of right now since Man City are in 4th so get into the Champions League play off, 5th in the league goes into the group stage of the Europa League and 6th start in the 3rd round of the Europa League Qualification having to play in July.

How do you keep on top of all this stuff?

Ok, I'll go there, I'd prefer to be out of the Europa next season, concentrate on the league and get into the CL that way. Only problem is trying to give the squad enough games.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Every ****ty second rate clickbait football site is going with Benteke to West Ham right now.

Every ****ty second rate clickbait football site is going with Benteke to West Ham right now.

Benteke and Carroll in the same team, bumping into each outside of the penalty area when attacking crosses. That'll be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Ok Fair enough

Just read up on it
    Also in unlikely but dream scenarios

City win CL and finish 5th or lower
    We win Europa League
    4th placed team in Prem gets bumped to Europa

As Mr Keegan once said , "I would love it "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement