Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Every ****ty second rate clickbait football site is going with Benteke to West Ham right now.

How much they offering...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote: »
    Celtic V Barcelona was just announced in the Aviva.

With Messi, Neymar & Suarez at the Copa or Olympics & the Euros it'll be the Barca kids & rubbish like Mathieu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Benteke and Carroll in the same team, bumping into each outside of the penalty area when attacking crosses. That'll be funny.

Yet they'll still both manage to score against us.

Says a lot that West Ham won't make an offer for Skaertel, they're Liverpool to our Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How much they offering...?

Eleventy Billion! (shoot.co.uk goes with £40m!, I remember shoot from my salad days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:eek::D

From 9 minutes he reads a couple of the boring James Milner tweets.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is that the case though? I thought it would be the 3rd round qualifiers. Still won't happen either way.

If we finish 7th and the FA Cup winners finish above us (so Utd or West Ham probably) we will get the crappy July qualifier place. If we finish 6th and someone lower than us wins the cup we will get the crappy place.
    Only if Man City win the Champions League and finish in the top 4, other wise it is the Play off round.

At the moment Liverpool are not in Europe for next season no matter what people think after the Capital One final loss.

As of right now since Man City are in 4th so get into the Champions League play off, 5th in the league goes into the group stage of the Europa League and 6th start in the 3rd round of the Europa League Qualification having to play in July.

Incorrect on the bolded bit. If we win the EL (big if) and the CL winners (from whatever country, not just England like you say) finish in a CL group stage place in their league, which is exceedingly likely), we will go straight into the group stages, except in the unlikely event that City win the CL as well and finish outside the top 4, where we'd be in a play off but deprive 4th of a spot at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Benteke and Carroll in the same team, bumping into each outside of the penalty area when attacking crosses. That'll be funny.

Not half as funny as the fact that between the pair of them in terms of transfer fees, loyalty bonuses and wages they cost Liverpool somewhere in the region of £100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Did anyone see A League of There Own yesterday I had it video and only watched it now. It had Redknapp (as usual) and Carragher they had them both sit down for a lap dance and they had Razor Ruddack come out to do the dance. I will never be able to unsee it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did anyone see A League of There Own yesterday I had it video and only watched it now. It had Redknapp (as usual) and Carragher they had them both sit down for a lap dance and they had Razor Ruddack come out to do the dance. I will never be able to unsee it.

That's an old one, the image still haunts me though.

It's not the only time they sexually objectified poor Razor on that show either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That's an old one, the image still haunts me though.

It's not the only time they sexually objectified poor Razor on that show either.

I had not seen it. Poor Razor will do anything for a bit of money. Its kinda sad in a way. I saw him in the Can't Pay We Will take it away program never mind the wife who sounds like a right p!@k he was tying to act the funny man and all that and it was backfiring. In saying that I did laugh my ass off when he grappled carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

"So, any chance of extras, luv?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm really starting to like David Gold and how he's looking after West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Spurs after the international break should be a good litmus test prior to Dortmund.

I know they lost convincingly to them in the EL, but they were fairly half assed about it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm really starting to like David Gold and how he's looking after West Ham.

West Ham getting the free stadium is massive for them.

No massive loan repayments and the increase in ticket revenue will see them compete much more in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

emmetkenny wrote: »
    West Ham getting the free stadium is massive for them.

No massive loan repayments and the increase in ticket revenue will see them compete much more in the transfer market.

And thats whats scary, we all laughed when they got the Olympic stadium for free. But with no payments to be made and the possibility of CL football next year they could become a powerhouse really easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

And thats whats scary, we all laughed when they got the Olympic stadium for free. But with no payments to be made and the possibility of CL football next year they could become a powerhouse really easily.

Being a London club carries a lot of weight too.

From attracting players to the size of the local poulation and hence ability to fill a bigger stadium, to the wealth in the city and hence size of the corporate market, they've huge potential.

Having said that, the same applies to Spurs who, until this season, have achieved the sum total of **** all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I dont think they could become a powerhouse 'easily'. They dont have the money despite new stadium revenue. Spurs have been better than them for years with more money.... would you call them a powerhouse? It would take serious investment money to get them up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Watch the oil boys buy the hammers once move is complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

...and they still don't want to stump up for Benteke's wages.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ...and they still don't want to stump up for Benteke's wages.

If there's one thing LFC do well, it's create buyers' markets.

I'd nearly put a bet on Benteke to West Ham right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

corwill wrote: »
    If there's one thing LFC do well, it's create buyers' markets.

Oh we will most definitely get John Shafted on this.

Well I'd say he is done at the club now Benteke is in the media today saying Klopp ignores him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They can have him on loan: pay the wages, option to buy and he can't play or score against us.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

They can have him on loan: pay the wages, option to buy and he can't play or score against us.

How about we sell him and just pay the percentage of the wages that West Ham can't afford.

win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Benteke leaving is a certainty at this stage. The only question is how much do we get back on his fee? £20M seems reasonable given the extra TV money sloshing about.

Friendly loans, pre-contact signings and transfer target watch

Tonight
    Poland v Serbia (Piotr Zieliński and Marco Grujic could both be in the match squads)

Thursday
    Italy v Spain (Marc Bartra)

Friday
    Rep of Ireland v Switzerland (Granit Xhaka)

Saturday
    Germany v England (Gundogan, Gotze)

Well I'd say he is done at the club now Benteke is in the media today saying Klopp ignores him.

Some cheek from a lad who ignores all that space in the penalty area when the rest of the team is attacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Saturday

Is Reus not in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Friendly loans, pre-contact signings and transfer target watch

Tonight
    Poland v Serbia (Piotr Zieliński and Marco Grujic could both be in the match squads)

Thursday
    Italy v Spain (Marc Bartra)

Friday
    Rep of Ireland v Switzerland (Granit Xhaka)

Saturday

Marc bartra is an interesting one that only popped up today, I'd be surprised if barca leave him go. I can see them leaving mathieu leaving and have him, masch,pique and vermaelen rotate for centre back spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Oh we will most definitely get John Shafted on this.

Ah hello there John, haven't seen you since the summer.

8-10 wrote: »
    Is Reus not in the squad?

Germany's yes but he'll never be in ours so I'm not including him! :p

Piotr Zieliński starts and Marco Grujic is on the bench right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Isn't Zielinski something like 5'9" tall? He doesn't seem to fit with the rest of our signings and reputed interest in taller players.

But he is highly rated and Klopp has a history of developing Polish players. Imagine Can, Grujic and Zielinski in CM, youth and talent in abundance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's mad that footballers suddenly decide when they are away from their clubs that they are going to say things they would never say when they are not. Some of it can be put down to leading questions and misleading reporting I'm sure, but it's probably largely down to the stupidity of players I would guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5starpool wrote: »
    It's mad that footballers suddenly decide when they are away from their clubs that they are going to say things they would never say when they are not. Some of it can be put down to leading questions and misleading reporting I'm sure, but it's probably largely down to the stupidity of players I would guess.

I wouldn't be happy if I were him tbh.

The number of goals he has, mainly in the first half of the season when we struggled more, should imo have bought him more gametime than the near zero he is getting atm.

That spat on the pitch was really poor form from Klopp. He is an emotional manager, but I'd say some of his exuberant celebrations on front of other benches coupled with this aren't a sign of things to come.

The price wasnt benteke's fault and I think he could easily have 15 goals with a few more games.

Edit : I'm reading that back and it makes it sound like I'm a massive benteke apologist or somehow anti-klopp but I'm just overdoing it.

Isn't Zielinski something like 5'9" tall? He doesn't seem to fit with the rest of our signings and reputed interest in taller players.

He was clearly the shortest arse of the Poland midfield tonight. He played deep, I watched the first half and he grew into the game after a dodgy opening 10 when Serbia were bright and nearly scored twice. Was able to move the ball cleanly and intelligently, like er Joe Allen to be honest!

Grujic didn't even get a cameo, the commentator said he had been pencilled in to start so dunno what happened there (that said he didn't play for RS Belgrade last weekend so maybe he is carrying a knock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »

I think part of it comes down to them speaking in their native language, so the English press are free to use a loose interpretation of their quote, and you know them - they'll print the most provocative version of the quote they can manage. "Ignores", for instance, could have been something softer in practical context.

The rest, as you said, is probably a mixture of stupidity, leading/pointed questions, and comfortability.

A couple more stupid rumours but juicy this time

- LFC watched Lucas Moura in CL
    - PSG to watch Danny Sturridge in England games! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

klose wrote: »
    Marc bartra is an interesting one that only popped up today, I'd be surprised if barca leave him go. I can see them leaving mathieu leaving and have him, masch,pique and vermaelen rotate for centre back spots.

From the few times I've watched him this season I haven't been impressed. Very shaky at the back. We have better here already in Sakho and Lovren and better on the way in Matip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just finally realised why Rodgers persisted with starting Balotelli for so long.

He was up against Skrtel in training.

Nighty night chaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Would anyone be willing to let go of Sturridge? If we got £50M - we could use the money to buy up 2-3 Southampton players and really nail down mid-table mediocrity :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would anyone be willing to let go of Sturridge? If we got £50M - we could use the money to buy up 2-3 Southampton players and really nail down mid-table mediocrity :cool:

Oh no, we're not making that mistake again! (I hope)

Oh no, we're not making that mistake again! (I hope)

Jay Rodriguez is getting fit, just sayin'... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

£50 Million for Sturridge apparently, that would outdo David Luiz!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K-9 wrote: »
    £50 Million for Sturridge apparently, that would outdo David Luiz!

I wouldn't like to see him go but 50m for Sturridge with the amount of games he's played in the last two years is an awful lot of money.

£50m & Lucas Moura for Sturridge if Ayre could do that deal he would be leaving in style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

PSG: Please Sign Glass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

murpho999 wrote: »
    PSG: Please Sign Glass?

P8Mc343.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement