Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Skrtel is having a worldie again it seems.

Sturridge showing he can be unselfish at times, Lallana showing great skill and intelligence with two defenders in close proximity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

corwill wrote: »
    Jaysis, Skrtel!

What is he at.

I'd be honestly ok with him never playing for Liverpool anymore. I take nothing away from what he's done for the club over many years with the goals on top of some great performances with Carra and Agger. But his time has come.

As found on twitter:

90 mins for U21s, 45 mins vs Southamton, 24 mins vs Ireland. 8 goals conceded, a red card and given away 2 penos

Edit: though the U-21 game he was sent off in extra time no? Point stands though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gotze scored in the first half

https://streamable.com/6itk

Jonas Hector scored too (left full we've been linked with)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Surely Jonas Hector is the next Marvel movie out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

That's all fine and dandy Harry, but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke :P

If we sign G tze that means we can resurrect the 'Mario Magnifico' chant. I liked that one.

8-10 wrote: »
    If we sign G tze that means we can resurrect the 'Mario Magnifico' chant. I liked that one.

Someone should change this to Gotze, that's a catchy but infuriating chant :D

http://www.tomnash.eu/gomez-button.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

but can he do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke :P

tumblr_mg3yos3kwZ1rmt3tbo1_400.gif

Jesus its a slow day.
    No posts in the last 9 hours :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Jesus its a slow day.
    No posts in the last 9 hours :eek:
    Thread should be closed in commiserations for neville losing his job, hopefully he will go back with sky, liked his analysis even though I didn't want to

sword1 wrote: »
    ...... hopefully he will go back with sky.....

.... replace LVG :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sword1 wrote: »
    Thread should be closed in commiserations for neville losing his job, hopefully he will go back with sky, liked his analysis even though I didn't want to

His analysis was good but his co commentary was brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Will Firmino be fit for the weekend?

• Advertisement

Telegraph Football ✔
    ‎‎@TeleFootball

#MCFC on verge of agreeing deal for #FCB keeper Marc-André ter Stegen. @Matt_Law_DT reports. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/
    03/30/manchester-city-hoping-to-sign-barcelona-goalkeeper-marc-andre-t/ …
    10:09 PM - 30 Mar 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Weird move for him...move from Barcelona to Manchester to stay as backup keeper. I'm sure he'd get a bit extra cash, but with FFP something city actually need to be aware of, I doubt they'll be throwing money at a guy who'll play a handful of games every year - especially given how many ins and outs we'll see from them this summer.

Unless of course Pep has hinted that he's not a fan of Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's grand so we will get Timo Horn instead.:p

article-0-1A6084F700000578-696_634x422.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lovren had a bust up with the Croatia manager last night, could miss out on a place in the squad for the euros

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Had a feeling that one wasn't gonna happen but I thought he'd stay put...didn't expect him to move at all.

Well it's going to be interesting to see the dynamic - not many clubs have two proper good keepers that would expect to start every league game and CL game. ter-Stegan certainly won't move just to be a cup player and Hart is without question top dog between the sticks right now and will be thinking of England

As for Liverpool like you I never really expected him but Horn, Fährmann and Leno are three very solid alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's grand so we will get Timo Horn instead.:p

Really don't think Gotze will happen despite that news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ter Stegen to City would be odd. The whole reason he wants out of Barca (allegedly) is to get regular football, something he couldn't be guaranteed in Manchester. Now, that said, maybe Pep doesn't fancy Hart?

Either way, I'm not entirely optimistic that we have much chance of signing him with the prices being suggested (huge buyout clause, etc).

There are plenty of top quality keepers out there who would be within our price range, though, so I wont be too upset if Ter Stegen goes elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ter Stegen wouldn't be moving to City unless it was for first team football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I would not be overly enamored with Joe Hart as our keeper.
    Very good keeper and undoubtedly England's number 1, but if think back to the home game this year, he definitely has plenty of Brain Flatulance in him. Better that Mignolet, yes, but I think we could do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I would not be overly enamored with Joe Hart as our keeper.
    Very good keeper and undoubtedly England's number 1, but if think back to the home game this year, he definitely has plenty of Brain Flatulance in him. Better that Mignolet, yes, but I think we could do better.
    Yeah, especially once you add in the 'premier league proven' premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I see Liverpool are due to be charged over chants vs United, with United not receiving any sanctions.

Not for Munich chants or anything like that, but for chanting: "Manchester is full of shít".

Infuriating stuff.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-charged-manchester-full-11116789

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You shouldnt get charged for stating a fact..... *leggsit*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

United probably would have been charged too but no one could hear their fans over the sound of us dumping them out of Europe.

8J8kjNN.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I see Liverpool are due to be charged over chants vs United, with United not receiving any sanctions.

Not for Munich chants or anything like that, but for chanting: "Manchester is full of shít".

Infuriating stuff.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-charged-manchester-full-11116789

UEFA, just like FIFA, are laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The star is linking us to the lad Jetro Wilems that I mentioned on here a few weeks back. Deadly left foot, but one of those, "more suited to wing back than full back", types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

"There's a fly floating around in my milk!"

Excellent gif-fage Washington Irving!

Knex. wrote: »
    The star is linking us to the lad Jetro Wilems that I mentioned on here a few weeks back. Deadly left foot, but one of those, "more suited to wing back than full back", types.

Much prefer Jonas Hector to this fella who I haven't seen but is apparently very dodge. We already have that area sown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I wouldn't get entirely hung up on Ter Stegen - he's good but he has mistakes in him too:
    CsA3gK85XLjcQ.gif

^If Mignolet did that there'd be murder on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Umaro wrote: »
    I wouldn't get entirely hung up on Ter Stegen - he's good but he has mistakes in him too:
    CsA3gK85XLjcQ.gif

^If Mignolet did that there'd be murder on here.

every keeper has mistakes in them

ActualWellmadeHorse.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ActualWellmadeHorse.gif

And oddly enough it's always against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ActualWellmadeHorse.gif

I think this is the scouting video the transfer committee have been given in prep for the summer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Origi and coutinho fit for Spurs, Bobby and Ben still out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Ter Stegen wouldn't be moving to City unless it was for first team football.

I honestly have no faith in that line of thinking at all. If he's offered significantly more money I don't see why he wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So we want a keeper good enough for a title winning side but people on here don't want a keeper who's won two and is in his prime?!? Not that we'd be getting him but still thats insane...

Shame about Ter Stegen but there's plenty of other good options. Leno or Fahrman would both be big upgrades and tbh while he'd cost a fortune I do really like Butland. Think he's a superb keeper.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    So we want a keeper good enough for a title winning side but people on here don't want a keeper who's won two and is in his prime?!? Not that we'd be getting him but still thats insane...

Shame about Ter Stegen but there's plenty of other good options. Leno or Fahrman would both be big upgrades and tbh while he'd cost a fortune I do really like Butland. Think he's a superb keeper.

What I don't like about Joe Hart is that we'd have to pay him probably 150k per week, which is crazy. There are a few keepers who are probably worth that, he isn't one of them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

More Irish Liverpool Fans popping up on Irishkop.com after been done for tickets. Have a read of this thread and feel free to tag or share this link to get the word out.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php?threads/careful-when-buying-tickets.25985/page-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Apparently we've been given the green light to talk to Hector from Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Who else in the UK would sign him?

Utd - Doubt it although he'd be a decent replacement for De Gea when he leaves.

Arsenal - Cech is better.

Chelsea - Nope.

Spurs - Nope Lloris is captain and a level above Hart.

Liverpool is the best Joe Hart could do in the UK.

Doubt he'd go to Leicester.

Couldn't see him going abroad.

Personally I'd rather Butland too. I get the impression Hart wouldn't be a good ego to have in the dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Who else in the UK would sign him?

Utd - Doubt it although he'd be a decent replacement for De Gea when he leaves.

Arsenal - Cech is better.

Chelsea - Nope.

Spurs - Nope Lloris is captain and a level above Hart.

Liverpool is the best Joe Hart could do in the UK.

Doubt he'd go to Leicester.

Couldn't see him going abroad.

Personally I'd rather Butland too. I get the impression Hart wouldn't be a good ego to have in the dressing room.

I think we could do with a few more egos. If we could get Hart i'll take him over Butland and pay him 150k. New tv deal means we can afford it. And Hart is a very good and reliable keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Joe Hart seems to have that viciously competitive streak that the squad sorely lacks these days. He's not the best keeper around but he's more than competent. Would love to have him at LFC.

Possible/probable pitfall would be the fee and wages he'd demand being over the top for the quality of keeper we'd be getting.

We can't go into another season with Mignolet as number 1 keeper. He's just way too prone to errors. I actually don't want him as number 2 either.

Hopefully Rodgers still has faith in him when he begins the task of dismantling Swanpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hart would be a good signing if ter stegen is off to city, his penalty saving antics annoy me though he looks like some fool. Bundesliga is awash with quality keepers these days too, will be really dissapointing if we don't upgrade on mig this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Unless the mess that is our defence is sorted out, we cud play Hart, Butland and Mingolet at the same time and still wouldnt fancy us to keep to many clean sheets:):):)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement