Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we have to play a July EL qualifier it'll be in Wigan or Bolton most likely.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/31/liverpool-could-play-summer-europa-league-game-at-wigan-or-bolton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Where has all this signing Joe Hart talk come from? There's as much chance of me playing in goal next season and I'm half dead.

Where has all this signing Joe Hart talk come from? There's as much chance of me playing in goal next season and I'm half dead.

It's come from talk that City are looking like signing Ter Stegen and therefore speculating that Hart might want to move on if Stegen is first choice, not based in any actual rumours that we are to sign him.

Unless the mess that is our defence is sorted out, we cud play Hart, Butland and Mingolet at the same time and still wouldnt fancy us to keep to many clean sheets:):):)

Correct. Every Keeper makes mistakes but it is always more analysed when it's your keeper. Our problem is in front of the keeper. You could mention ANY keeper in the world and it would take somebody very little time to put together a 5 minute YouTube clip to make him look useless.

I was very happy when we bought Mingolet as I thought he was very good at Sunderland. I am starting to doubt him but I wouldn't be upset if he started as No.1 next season. I think a good preseason with Klopp will see a much tighter defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Wouldn't mind getting Tim Krul if Newcastle go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Think our defenders would be more confident and less ditzy with a more confident and less ditzy keeper behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Doodoo wrote: »

Ah stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Keepers in front of dodgy defenses always look so poor. Mignolet is ok, just way over exposed. Keepers should be spectators if the team is functioning correctly.
    Mignolet makes the highlights every game. All about him at times, and its down to whats in front of him.

Keepers in front of dodgy defenses always look so poor.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Indeed.

Johnny Giles never rated the holding midfielder position anyway and I agree that Mig doesn't suit it. He's just use to having the play all in front of him. He isn't great with his back to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Doodoo wrote: »

I'd mind a great deal. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Keepers in front of dodgy defenses always look so poor. Mignolet is ok, just way over exposed. Keepers should be spectators if the team is functioning correctly.
    Mignolet makes the highlights every game. All about him at times, and its down to whats in front of him.

If you mean to say keepers behind dodgy defenses look poor then i'd say its the opposite really. Its harder to be a good keeper with a good defense. That requires concentration levels which Mig has never displayed. When under siege he's actually pretty good as its all instinctive stuff with diving finger tip saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Klopp to consider his position as Anfield bosses refuse to sanction £165k a week deal for Gotze. Arsenal now in prime position to sign Gotze.

Per Andy Heaton on Twitter.

In other news, water is STILL wet.

Edit. Today is April 1st, you clown!

Klopp to consider his position as Anfield bosses refuse to sanction £165k a week deal for Gotze. Arsenal now in prime position to sign Gotze.

You're laces are untied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well, time to disregard anything you hear today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »
    Well, time to disregard anything you hear today.

Just a normal day so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just a normal day so.

No it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Who else in the UK would sign him?

Utd - Doubt it although he'd be a decent replacement for De Gea when he leaves.

Arsenal - Cech is better.

Chelsea - Nope.

Spurs - Nope Lloris is captain and a level above Hart.

Liverpool is the best Joe Hart could do in the UK.

Doubt he'd go to Leicester.

Couldn't see him going abroad.

Personally I'd rather Butland too. I get the impression Hart wouldn't be a good ego to have in the dressing room.

Why would Chelsea be a no? Courtois might be off, Hart would be a good replacement there I'd have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Knex. wrote: »
    The star is linking us to the lad Jetro Wilems that I mentioned on here a few weeks back. Deadly left foot, but one of those, "more suited to wing back than full back", types.

Very similar to Wilfried Bouma at the same age. I wouldn't say no as he's an upgrade on Moreno and has bags of potential. But I think Hector might be the smarter choice. Willems has the higher ceiling and could go on to be a really top player, but you're gambling on him adapting straight away at a younger age than Hector.

This is Willems last season in Holland for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

April fools or not, never listen to a word Andy Heaton says

April fools or not, never listen to a word Andy Heaton says
    Fekking won't now anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Don't worry, I came back from the pub last night (very nice new little craft beer pub called T O Brennans) and opened up twitter to see Tony Barrett claiming we had reached an agreement for Gotze for 25 million and rues for 40 million and Klopp hoped to have the deals completed by 1st July

I got stupidly excited before I noticed it was after midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Yeah true, I forget Migs had a cracking deference in front of him when he won player of the year at Sunderland :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You're laces are untied.

His epidermis is also showing.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    His epidermis is also showing.

He's thick skinned though, so he won't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Theres no decent April fools football related stuff anymore.....not like the good old days...........

Also an added bonus of "Gunners have blown it!".....some things never change :pac:

BRGGIURCcAA8fzN.jpg:large

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He's thick skinned though, so he won't mind.

Epidermis means your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

NukaCola wrote: »
    Also an added bonus of "Gunners have blown it!".....some things never change :pac:

But they didn't blow it in '89 :(

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Epidermis means your hair.

Bald as an egg is he.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Theres no decent April fools football related stuff anymore.....not like the good old days...........

BRGGIURCcAA8fzN.jpg:large

Bizarre - I have a copy of this from back in the day. The inside exclusive reads: "Rush for Everton? Neverton!"

Good times. Sniff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

But they didn't blow it in '89 :(

Ya, 89'......kinda forgot about that so quick was I to get in a cheeky dig, just thinking back now and the following weeks and months/years were actually devastating to the city for other reasons also..........still though top bantz by shoot back in the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That got out of hand fast. Can't believe it

http://www.skysports.com.v2tn.clonezone.link/klopp

That got out of hand fast. Can't believe it

http://www.skysports.com.v2tn.clonezone.link/klopp

Done nicely until the last paragraph.
    His efforts earned him both a new four-year deal with the club and the LMA Manager of the Year prize, making him the first Anfield boss to win it in its 20-year history.

Klopps Liverpool, poised to make the leap.

http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/liverpool/

Like a salmon, presumably.

WARNING:STAT HEAVY

And I'm a burger man, not a salmon man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    Done nicely until the last paragraph.

Also;
    "All of us have experienced some wonderful hugs with Jurgen as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭54and56

Klopps Liverpool, poised to make the leap.

http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/liverpool/

Like a salmon, presumably.

WARNING:STAT HEAVY

And I'm a burger man, not a salmon man.

"If Daniel Sturridge can remain healthy, there is no more complete team heading into next season than Liverpool."

"Liverpool have the coach and the fundamentals and are right at the edge, the next step isn’t a hard one to make."

"a new goalie, a new centerback and a healthy Sturridge and Coutinho."

Bring it on!!

Tony Barrett tweeting that Benteke is out for a month with a knee injury.

Fecks sake, can't wait till April 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Seven minutes in when you posted that:)

Well that's if you're in ireland.

Tony Barrett tweeting that Benteke is out for a month with a knee injury.

And he probably got injured distancing himself from last week's quotes about Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"If Daniel Sturridge can remain healthy, there is no more complete team heading into next season than Liverpool."

"Liverpool have the coach and the fundamentals and are right at the edge, the next step isn’t a hard one to make."

"a new goalie, a new centerback and a healthy Sturridge and Coutinho."

Bring it on!!

Good piece.

That first statement is wishful thinking for the moment though.

• Advertisement

idontbelieveyou.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You'd hardly know that we're playing Spurs there later on. No buzz about the game at all.

International breaks are just horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

True that, also I think most of us have little interest in whether the side finish 6th or 10th really. Its Dortmund that matters this week and next week.

Knex. wrote: »
    You'd hardly know that we're playing Spurs there later on. No buzz about the game at all.

International breaks are just horrific.

If we hadn't capitulated against Southampton it'd be different though I reckon.

Yup, we'd be 4 pts off 4th with a game in hand.
    Would defo make this weekend that bit more exciting.

Also the 2 teams that would be 3 pts ahead of us would only have a GD 4/5 superior to ours and we'd have a game in hand on them too.

Going from a 2 goal lead at HT to losing was really bad, worst 45 mins we've had for a while impact wise imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Would have been 4 straight wins and put us into a great position to make a charge for fourth. It's a funny ole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sergi Canosssssssssssssssssss! :D

Sakho has been embarrassing today

Can afford to carry Mr. Glass when he's putting those chances away. Not so much when he's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sakho been very poor. Its hard when we have no one up front really. Sturridge just won't sprint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement