Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

monkey9 wrote: »
    How has Klopp benefited from Sturridge being back in the team? He's done without him. Lovren and Sahko have been superb under Klopp.

Well Sturridge contributed to us being 2 nil up at half time away to S'ton and he assisted the goal today.

He's scored 3 goals in the 9 games he's played in 2016, that would be of benefit to Klopp don't you think? (put away penalty against Utd, crucial opportunity that he took)

Lovren and Sahko have not been superb under Klopp, their partnership has improved as they've played more games together. Superb is a ridiculous claim for either, ludicrous for both.

I think you are wearing Klopp tinted glasses, maybe you'd like him to pat your bum or something... each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fell asleep for Kanes goal. Late reaction by Lovern to fact ball was kept in play. I think its because he was really hoping it would go out, we think like that, hoping for an easy way out. As a defender he should expect it to be kept in and get a foot in before ball even reaches Kane.

Th reason that he was caught is because he tried to nip in before him, got too close and was turned too easy. If he had stood a step off he would not have been done from there and Kane would never have had that chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Th reason that he was caught is because he tried to nip in before him, got too close and was turned too easy. If he had stood a step off he would not have been done from there and Kane would never have had that chance.

His reaction to nip in was late, so he should of held back. But he could of nipped in had he expected ball to stay in play.
    In that situation the correct thing to do would be to get block in to prevent ball reaching Kane.
    Once he messed that up he should of went to plan b, stand off . He ended up doing neither in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Spurs were everything today we're aspiring to be. Fast in pressing, hard in the tackle,assured in possession. Thought they were excellent.
    Sakho and moreno absolutely shocking today. Poch got his tactics spot on. No wonder he was hitting the turf at the end. Probably the best spurs team to come to anfield in a long time. We were very poor, couldn't put two passes together. No one to calm it down and play the simple ball.

Despite that, we had more than enough chances to go two up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Entertaining game, it could've went any way so happy enough with a draw.

Just on the new recruits.. I feel we need two CM's, we're lacking someone with power that can run through midfield and grab the odd goal. I dont know whats up with Henderson but if Spurs are willing to splash 20M they are welcome to him. Milner will be kept because of the high wages, Can is only young and still improving. Allen? I cant see him staying and playing just a few minutes here and there. Lucas will hopefully stay.

Then there is the lack of cover for LB and the wing, I dont want to go into the new season with Moreno as our best option for LB and only Ibe as our only recognized winger.

Mig will do fine, he's a great shot stopper (most of the time) as he showed today but he really needs proper cover, Bogdan will never be good enough for Liverpool.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Mig will do fine, he's a great shot stopper (most of the time) as he showed today.........

He went to sh1t for a period this season and last, he's not good enough. Upgrading Mig is our 2nd priority, a CM being the first. We can't hope Henderson gets back to form/fitness whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

and only Ibe as our only recognized winger.

Markovic will be back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Priority upgrades in the summer are first team replacements for Mignolet & Sturridge and a commanding CM.

Augeo wrote: »
    He went to sh1t for a period this season and last, he's not good enough. Upgrading Mig is our 2nd priority,

I've felt that way a couple of times about him, especially last year around the time of when he let the ball roll out of play .

But since he's signed a new deal, ive just came around to the fact that he's not going anywhere soon.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Markovic will be back....

Forgot about him but still think we could do with another option for the wing as Ibe hasn't really progressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Markovic I think will be sold. We need to sign a very fast winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Entertaining game, it could've went any way so happy enough with a draw.

Just on the new recruits.. I feel we need two CM's, we're lacking someone with power that can run through midfield and grab the odd goal. I dont know whats up with Henderson but if Spurs are willing to splash 20M they are welcome to him. Milner will be kept because of the high wages, Can is only young and still improving. Allen? I cant see him staying and playing just a few minutes here and there. Lucas will hopefully stay.

Then there is the lack of cover for LB and the wing, I dont want to go into the new season with Moreno as our best option for LB and only Ibe as our only recognized winger.

Mig will do fine, he's a great shot stopper (most of the time) as he showed today but he really needs proper cover, Bogdan will never be good enough for Liverpool.

NO :eek:
    NO :eek::eek:
    NO :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I know we crossed swords sometime on here due to you talking through your hoop but you should really try and get over it.

How is hoping Klopp improves our ppg next season a dig?

Talking through my hoop is my speciality I'm told.

The reason we crossed streams previously is prob due to this nagging impression I get with some of your comments that you imply Klopp is getting some kind of pass where Brendan didn't.

Brendan had 3 seasons and plenty of time to remedy issues, Klopp hasn't even established his own squad yet.

More hoop talking I'm sure

Hula_hoop_man.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Well Sturridge contributed to us being 2 nil up at half time away to S'ton and he assisted the goal today.

He's scored 3 goals in the 9 games he's played in 2016, that would be of benefit to Klopp don't you think? (put away penalty against Utd, crucial opportunity that he took)

Could easily be argued that we were better with Firmino up front...his record up front is much better than Danny's under Klopp. It makes sense in the long term to get Danny back into the swing of things, but in a practical short term sense, I'm not sure that Firmino being pushed deeper has been a benefit of the results.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Markovic I think will be sold. We need to sign a very fast winger.

Markovic is about as fast as they come. Looking a lot more physically robust at the moment too. Holding his own in Turkey which is a pretty physically imposing league. At that age, natural physical development plays a massive part too of course. I think he'll get his chance next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Could easily be argued that we were better with Firmino up front...his record up front is much better than Danny's under Klopp. It makes sense in the long term to get Danny back into the swing of things, but in a practical short term sense, I'm not sure that Firmino being pushed deeper has been a benefit of the results.

Markovic is about as fast as they come. Looking a lot more physically robust at the moment too. Holding his own in Turkey which is a pretty physically imposing league. At that age, natural physical development plays a massive part too of course. I think he'll get his chance next year.
    That is true. Im just not sure he he is settled at Liverpool. Been injured mostly in Turkey. Have a feeling he will be sold though.

mosstin wrote: »
    NO :eek:
    NO :eek::eek:
    NO :eek::eek::eek:

Get use to it pal, like it or not Mig will be #1 in August.

• Advertisement

Alonso77 wrote: »

The reason we crossed streams previously is prob due to this nagging impression I get with some of your comments that you imply Klopp is getting some kind of pass where Brendan didn't. ...............

I've asked before, how is hoping he improves the ppg next season a dig? How is that suggesting he's getting a pass.

The impression you get is nothing but your problem kid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Just finished watching game there. One positive is I thought Henderson showed glimpses of getting back to form, he wasn't brilliant but showed signs of a comeback. Lovren was very good I thought.

Sakho very poor, Mig not great either, the two combined just cause panic and doubt around them. And I'm a fan of Sakho.

Spurs looked a lot fitter and stronger then us. Anyway, it was a nothing game today, 4th is gone after Southampton game. Just looking forward to next season at this stage, there's positive signs there that with a good summer both in the market and a pre season under Klopp we'll be a lot better and more consistent next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I've asked before, how is hoping he improves the ppg next season a dig? How is that suggesting he's getting a pass.

The impression you get is nothing but your problem kid ;)

Its not a problem - Its simply an impression kids like myself get ;)

Lets all hope he gets the PPG we need next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Spurs were everything today we're aspiring to be. Fast in pressing, hard in the tackle,assured in possession. Thought they were excellent.

And we should have beaten them.

Only difference between them and us this season is they've had a fit striker banging in goals all season and a goalkeeper who doesn't spread panic constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_________Mig______

Clyne___Lovern__Lucas_

_________Can_______

_Hender_________Allen

______Coutinho_____

Orgi___________Firmino

_____Sturridge_______

How I'd play. Time to move game forward.
    I have everything I need here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

_________Mig______

Clyne___Lovern__Lucas_

_________Can_______

_Hender_________Allen

______Coutinho_____

Orgi___________Firmino

_____Sturridge_______

How I'd play. Time to move game forward.
    I have everything I need here.
    Please stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

And we should have beaten them.

Only difference between them and us this season is they've had a fit striker banging in goals all season and a goalkeeper who doesn't spread panic constantly.

How can you seriously say that when Spurs dominate most of their games and Liverpool's midfielders can't string a few passes together most of the time

Ridiculous comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Juan8 wrote: »
    How can you seriously say that when Spurs dominate most of their games and Liverpool's midfielders can't string a few passes together most of the time

Ridiculous comment

And despite that, Liverpool had enough chances to go two up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭doc_17

Id say we are 3/4 players away from a top four position. I think Sakho is finally dispelling the myth that he is in any way useful so a good CB is vital, which is hopefully where Matip will come come in. Also think we need a scoring midfielder and a central midfielder. Wil Ings and Gomez to come back that will help the balance of the squad a bit.

Was a very good game yesterday. Spurs are a nice team.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And despite that, Liverpool had enough chances to go two up.

2nd>9th

There's far more of a difference between you and Spurs than a keeper and fit Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

2nd>9th

There's far more of a difference between you and Spurs than a keeper and fit Sturridge

They wear a white kit and we wear a red kit.

That's another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Different birds on their chests.

.....mind wanders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

All about a centre mid for this team. Has to be the priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mosstin wrote: »
    Jaysus, steady on. There's no way either have been superb, none of our defenders have. Both have probably progressed under him but that's fathoms away from 'superb'.

Lovren was superb yesterday. Sakho not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

garra wrote: »
    Lovren was superb yesterday. Sakho not so much.

Sakho looked like he'd caught Milner's dose of the falling sickness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lovren was superb yesterday.

But yet was the fault of the goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought we were grand today...we could have won but there's no shame in drawing with Spurs,they're a very good team.
    Is that you again, Davy?:pac:
    Priority upgrades in the summer are first team replacements for Mignolet & Sturridge and a commanding CM.
    Charlie19 is probably right, unless a very good keeper come up for a knockdown fee, I think Mig will still be here next season.

Iirc, klopp won two titles with a less than spectacular keeper in Dortmund so he is able to work around not having a super keeper.

A regular, injury-free, goal scorer (c.20 goal a season man) would transform this side and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge go unless he starts to get the finger out, pdq.

We also are in need of someone good at set-pieces, with at least the ability to get the ball past the first man occasionally.

And Spurs dominated us physically yesterday which is disappointing to say the least. They won every single 50-50 ball by horsing our little lads out of the way, it was embarrassing to see us being dominated at home:mad:

kfallon wrote: »
    But yet was the fault of the goal!

He made a mistake and got punished, which was unlucky for him as he hardly put a foot wrong otherwise

Is that you again, Davy?:pac:

Charlie19 is probably right, unless a very good keeper come up for a knockdown fee, I think Mig will still be here next season.

Iirc, klopp won two titles with a less than spectacular keeper in Dortmund so he is able to work around not having a super keeper.

A regular, injury-free, goal scorer (c.20 goal a season man) would transform this side and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sturridge go unless he starts to get the finger out, pdq.

We also are in need of someone good at set-pieces, with at least the ability to get the ball past the first man occasionally.

And Spurs dominated us physically yesterday which is disappointing to say the least. They won every single 50-50 ball by horsing our little lads out of the way, it was embarrassing to see us being dominated at home:mad:

Dembele was doing most of the horsing, poch is getting the max from him as a player

I cant stand Mig........he had a decent game yesterday but still puts players under unnecessary pressure, his clearances at times are suicidal......its when we play well and are pressing working hard all over the pitch making the right decisions and he makes an absolute dogs dinner of something, it just becomes too much to bear......he's a decent backup nothing more but I do fear he will be our number one choice next season and thats a mistake IMO.

I cant stand Mig........he had a decent game yesterday but still puts players under unnecessary pressure, his clearances at times are suicidal......its when we play well and are pressing working hard all over the pitch making the right decisions and he makes an absolute dogs dinner of something, it just becomes too much to bear......he's a decent backup nothing more but I do fear he will be our number one choice next season and thats a mistake IMO.

Yep, he causes panic.

Sakho causes just as much in recent times.

Klopp will hopefully rectify our ridiculous leaderless defence in the summer

He made a mistake and got punished, which was unlucky for him as he hardly put a foot wrong otherwise

It wasn't unlucky, it was stupid, an experienced defender like him shouldn't be making those mistakes!

It wasn't unlucky, it was stupid, an experienced defender like him shouldn't be making those mistakes!

Unbelievably harsh to say it was stupid........he went to intercept pulled back and probably the most in form striker turned perfectly and smashed the ball in the only place Mig could not get too....a small mistake yes but probably gets away with it 9/10......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I'd be hugely disappointed if Mignolet wasn't replaced/demoted for next season. He is so, so erratic.

I get nervous any time the ball goes through to him, imagine what the back four are thinking.

• Advertisement

They wear a white kit and we wear a red kit.

That's another one.

They've finished above you 5 of the last 6 seasons, there's another

They've finished above you 5 of the last 6 seasons, there's another

Is this going to go on much longer? The pointless back and forth.....

Unbelievably harsh to say it was stupid........he went to intercept pulled back and probably the most in form striker turned perfectly and smashed the ball in the only place Mig could not get too....a small mistake yes but probably gets away with it 9/10......

It was stupid to get the wrong side of one of the best strikers in the league!

It was stupid to get the wrong side of one of the best strikers in the league!

How was he wrong side? He was off positionally by maybe half a yard and got done.......

Clyne was too central leaving Eriksen with acres out wide and even Milner was just strolling back giving Eriksen a free run but they are blameless, Lovren makes a small mis step and he's stupid.........some people just foam at the mouth to put a player down......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I wonder if we went back to the posts after the United away leg how many of the posters saying Sakho has to go were saying the opposite then? He's been very up and down this season but part of that is down to a) forming a partnership and b) the keeper. That being said i think he'll always be a bit erratic, its in his nature but i don't see any super options out there at cb. The standard in the league in that position (and every other?!) is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I wouldn't blame Lovren for the goal yesterday, as Nuka mentioned Milner was only strolling back. This happens constantly, our midfield are fine when the ball is in front of them but hopeless tracking players, always takes a few seconds to realise who they should be following.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I wonder if we went back to the posts after the United away leg how many of the posters saying Sakho has to go were saying the opposite then? He's been very up and down this season but part of that is down to a) forming a partnership and b) the keeper. That being said i think he'll always be a bit erratic, its in his nature but i don't see any super options out there at cb. The standard in the league in that position (and every other?!) is shocking.

Alderweireld was dragged all over the place yesterday, yet we complement our attackers for that rather than saying he is ****. Sahko is getting abuse from getting beaten a few times by the best striker in the league this year. Like you said the defenders are very poor this year across the whole league. Leicester have one of the best defences not because of great defenders but because the back four and two CMs don't get dragged out of position and are not isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

mav79 wrote: »
    Alderweireld was dragged all over the place yesterday, yet we complement our attackers for that rather than saying he is ****. Sahko is getting abuse from getting beaten a few times by the best striker in the league this year. Like you said the defenders are very poor this year across the whole league. Leicester have one of the best defences not because of great defenders but because the back four and two CMs don't get dragged out of position and are not isolated.

Yup, pretty sure most of us would be happy with Dier in CM for us but if Can lost a player like he lost Coutinho for the goal we'd be going mental and saying he's not ready to be a first time starter.

On Can i thought he was ok yesterday, didn't have the mare that some people thought he did. He still sometimes is a bit too careless with simple passes but he was about the only player out there that I felt physically won his battle. He had Ali in his pocket for most of the game. Honestly think he could be an incredible player for us. He's still so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

20 years ago today...ah the memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dembele was doing most of the horsing, poch is getting the max from him as a player
    He is the one player we missed out on in the last few years that I really regret not buying, he is having a really good season.

Lovren had a very good game yesterday but Sakho had a 'mare on occasions but it has become par for the course for us to have CBs who are never at the top of their game for long periods.

Sakho was immense for us in the two United games but he looked like he was drunk at times yesterday. If he can sort out his consistency, both he and Lovren would be hard to shift from the center of our defense for a few years.

8-10 wrote: »

20 years ago today...ah the memories

Iconic game. The vision and calmness by Barnes to pick out Collymore was just world class, what a finish to a breathtaking game.

Then for the two teams to repeat the scoreline a year later :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement