Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was also good to see skrtel resigned to sitting in the stands and it was just toure and smith on the bench as regards defenders, hopefully the axe is finally being swung on his Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Very pleased with last night. Few snippets of opinion:

• Mignolet - didn't really have to make any great saves but overall I think a very good performance. He demonstrated all the basics that a goalkeeper should. With shots from outside the box even though they looked easy he got down and kept his body behind the ball as he gathered so no risk of slipping under him. He came and punched when necessary and he caught a direct freekick instead of parrying which was important because of the guys following it in. Even for the goal he got a decent hand on it from point blank range and while it wasn't a save I don't think he could have done much better. Couple of nervous cruyff turns in the first half but got the desired result so fair enough. The first one could have been like PSG's goal had he not done it so I'll give him it.
    • Clyne - Excellent going forward and did well pressing. Think he'll get even more joy in the home game when he joins the attack. No real worries in defence and didn't pick up the yellow that would have banned him.
    • Moreno - out of position a few times when bombing forward which is annoying but I've seen him play worse. Similar to Clyne in that I reckon he'll do better going forward at home but worry is always getting back into position. Another who could have got banned for a yellow card and ridiculously didn't for the flying tackle on the 17yr old at the corner flag late on!
    • Sakho - best performance in a Liverpool jersey for me. Has been excellent in the Europa League. Many people have many opinions on him but on the merits of last night's game I don't see how you can fault him. Read the game well, always seemed to get in the right position, one absolutely crucial block, and broke up momentum a couple of times with a perfectly timed foot in. Only one complete miss which was a free kick.
    • Lovren - quietly continues to be a solid contributor to the back 4. No longer looks as nervous as with the previous regime where it was clear he was uncomfortable getting on the ball more. Now seems to be allowed to do what he does best - defend. Also good positionally last night and no complaints with him playing anymore. Didn't get the yellow that would have banned him next week
    • Can - strong when needed, gave the ball away a few times like most of the midfield in the first half. But another who broke momentum well a couple of times when Dortmund looked dangerous. Typical Can performance these days, tackling where he can, suspect passing and marauding runs with some good footwork. Did well not to get into too much trouble after an early yellow. Happy if not overly impressed with his performance, his growing potential remains his best asset to us
    • Milner - thought he was poor enough in the first half. I think we just struggled to get it down and play for periods and he was one of the midfielders who tended to snatch at it when we got possession back (though he wasn't the worst). Did much better in the 2nd half as captain. Some excellent deliveries from set pieces including Lovren's chance and nice flick for the goal.
    • Henderson - another who was poor in possession in the first half but also pressed well. Joe Allen was a good introduction and dare I say it I hope he plays instead of Henderson next week also as I think we work better with him in there. Henderson hasn't looked fit all season and Allen's passing helps to calm the play when we play against a team that dominates possession
    • Lallana - not his best but solid enough performance. When you go back to the Champions League performance away to Basel last season he was probably the best of a very poor midfield. Now his performances away in Europe are less noticeable as the rest of the team is playing so much better, but he still does the basics well, presses and holds onto the ball. Satisfied with him continuing to play in the team.
    • Coutinho - just couldn't keep the ball for periods, too many flicks and it was a combination of poor decision-making and excellent Dortmund positioning. I think they set up to stifle him and in the first half they did a good job, so i want to give them the credit rather than say it was his fault. Had a couple of chances in the second half, one of which was an unbelievable save so again can't fault too much. Will do better at home with Firmino playing I think and another who could have gotten banned with a yellow but didn't.
    • Origi - another who had one of his best performances for Liverpool. Played the lone-striker-in-tricky-away-game role perfectly - held up play well, won headers, stretched the defence with smart runs, pulled play wide to allow other players to catch up with the attack and took his goal very well. Should have scored a second on halftime, flick was a bad choice but the keeper was closing down fast so i get why he did it.
    Subs: Mentioned Allen above, Firmino and Sturridge on too late to really have a performance worth commenting on. Next week I'd put Firmino in for Origi and Allen in for Henderson and go again. Harsh on Origi maybe but he should be off the bench ahead of Sturridge. Give Sturridge the league start this weekend and bench him again next week I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

K-9 wrote: »

Very hard to criticise anybody, Milner average as the cliche goes, but one of those players you need in an away tough European leg. Moreno, I love him, probably because he's so entertaining, brain dead!

I actually tought Milner played quite well.

Obviously clever assist and the work ethic which you alluded to abovr but he also played some very neat interchanges.

Im still delighted we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Agree with you about Mignolet, 8-10. Very good goalkeeping performance from him, even if he didn't have any world class saves to make. Did everything right and almost got to the goal which looked like there was no stopping it. Thought he could have caught one high ball with only 2 of our players near him but punched it clear. Better safe than sorry.

I always liked Mignolet since he signed and felt sorry for him with the amount of abuse he got during his worst spell. He really is a confidence player and you can see his confidence is high at the minute and he's playing well, imo. I don't care what anyone says, his reflex shot stopping is as good as any keeper in the world. It's everything else that lets him down sometimes.

However, we do need a better keeper but I'd be very happy to have him as back up next year. He'd be as good a back up keeper as you would want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Very clever and effective team selection last night, Milner offered protection to Moreno which he did brilliantly even if his passing was shocking in the first half, Moreno caught out of position on the break a number of times but i suppose we're used to that at this stage!

Origi done his job well, he worked hard and got a vital goal but i'd say if Firmino was fully fit he would have played instead of him, he offers the same hard work off the ball and is much better on it.

Every time Allen starts a game he always looks bang average, yet when he comes on as a sub he always shines!, subbing him on on the 2 minute mark is clearly the way forward, leave Hendo or Milner as the placeholder!

Next week should be a great game, looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Origi deserves a start in the return leg,caused them a lot of problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Grayditch wrote: »
    We won't really know until the return fixture is over if it was regrettable that we didn't win today. It's tight. Real tight.

We'd be heading into the next round in the 89th min at 0-0 and one mistake could change it all. Looking forward to the sheer stress of that next week, anyway.

Next week calls to watch the game in the pub to drink the stress away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Next week calls to watch the game in the pub to drink the stress away

I have a bad record with the pub and Liverpool. I'll only jinx it. The worst the stream, the better we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The need for another striker this summer is obvious given Sturridge's injury record, however saying we are a better team without him in it is madness.
    In terms of ability he's head and shoulders ahead of any other striker at the club, and again his goals record backs that up.

Why should we be looking to get rid of him just when he might have turned the corner with his injuries? We'll never recieve his true transfer value if we sell this summer, maybe Klopp will get the best out of him in the same way Saurez did, either way it's a bit premature to be wanting him gone, players of his ability don't come around very often and when they do there are half a dozen teams in our own league that could be seen as better options.
    Yes but that's not much use when he is watching from the stand due to another injury.

I rate him highly but I doubt we will ever get anything more than 30 games a season out of him.

Factor in the usual 4-5 games to get back up to match fitness, and do that probably twice during the season, and his usefulness has to be questioned.

Sturridge is a great striker but should never again be the number 1 striker at the club, he simply will not play enough games in a season to justify that tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

8-10 wrote: »
    Very pleased with last night. Few snippets of opinion:

• Mignolet - didn't really have to make any great saves but overall I think a very good performance. He demonstrated all the basics that a goalkeeper should. With shots from outside the box even though they looked easy he got down and kept his body behind the ball as he gathered so no risk of slipping under him. He came and punched when necessary and he caught a direct freekick instead of parrying which was important because of the guys following it in. Even for the goal he got a decent hand on it from point blank range and while it wasn't a save I don't think he could have done much better. Couple of nervous cruyff turns in the first half but got the desired result so fair enough. The first one could have been like PSG's goal had he not done it so I'll give him it.
    • Clyne - Excellent going forward and did well pressing. Think he'll get even more joy in the home game when he joins the attack. No real worries in defence and didn't pick up the yellow that would have banned him.
    • Moreno - out of position a few times when bombing forward which is annoying but I've seen him play worse. Similar to Clyne in that I reckon he'll do better going forward at home but worry is always getting back into position. Another who could have got banned for a yellow card and ridiculously didn't for the flying tackle on the 17yr old at the corner flag late on!
    • Sakho - best performance in a Liverpool jersey for me. Has been excellent in the Europa League. Many people have many opinions on him but on the merits of last night's game I don't see how you can fault him. Read the game well, always seemed to get in the right position, one absolutely crucial block, and broke up momentum a couple of times with a perfectly timed foot in. Only one complete miss which was a free kick.
    • Lovren - quietly continues to be a solid contributor to the back 4. No longer looks as nervous as with the previous regime where it was clear he was uncomfortable getting on the ball more. Now seems to be allowed to do what he does best - defend. Also good positionally last night and no complaints with him playing anymore. Didn't get the yellow that would have banned him next week
    • Can - strong when needed, gave the ball away a few times like most of the midfield in the first half. But another who broke momentum well a couple of times when Dortmund looked dangerous. Typical Can performance these days, tackling where he can, suspect passing and marauding runs with some good footwork. Did well not to get into too much trouble after an early yellow. Happy if not overly impressed with his performance, his growing potential remains his best asset to us
    • Milner - thought he was poor enough in the first half. I think we just struggled to get it down and play for periods and he was one of the midfielders who tended to snatch at it when we got possession back (though he wasn't the worst). Did much better in the 2nd half as captain. Some excellent deliveries from set pieces including Lovren's chance and nice flick for the goal.
    • Henderson - another who was poor in possession in the first half but also pressed well. Joe Allen was a good introduction and dare I say it I hope he plays instead of Henderson next week also as I think we work better with him in there. Henderson hasn't looked fit all season and Allen's passing helps to calm the play when we play against a team that dominates possession
    • Lallana - not his best but solid enough performance. When you go back to the Champions League performance away to Basel last season he was probably the best of a very poor midfield. Now his performances away in Europe are less noticeable as the rest of the team is playing so much better, but he still does the basics well, presses and holds onto the ball. Satisfied with him continuing to play in the team.
    • Coutinho - just couldn't keep the ball for periods, too many flicks and it was a combination of poor decision-making and excellent Dortmund positioning. I think they set up to stifle him and in the first half they did a good job, so i want to give them the credit rather than say it was his fault. Had a couple of chances in the second half, one of which was an unbelievable save so again can't fault too much. Will do better at home with Firmino playing I think and another who could have gotten banned with a yellow but didn't.
    • Origi - another who had one of his best performances for Liverpool. Played the lone-striker-in-tricky-away-game role perfectly - held up play well, won headers, stretched the defence with smart runs, pulled play wide to allow other players to catch up with the attack and took his goal very well. Should have scored a second on halftime, flick was a bad choice but the keeper was closing down fast so i get why he did it.
    Subs: Mentioned Allen above, Firmino and Sturridge on too late to really have a performance worth commenting on. Next week I'd put Firmino in for Origi and Allen in for Henderson and go again. Harsh on Origi maybe but he should be off the bench ahead of Sturridge. Give Sturridge the league start this weekend and bench him again next week I'd say.

Thought Moreno was much better going forward than Clyne last night. Sure Clyne got forward more but apart from his shot, he looked panicky and clumsy in possession.
    Not one of his better games.

I agree with you with regards Allen and Henderson. Really hope Jo starts next week and Henderson's form is beginning to be a worry.

Great result considering how **** we are and how good Dortmund are, although I think it's beginning to be accepted that Dortmund were overrated up until this game.
    Win next week and they'll probably be rated as a genuinely good team again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

8-10 wrote: »

Would agree with this.

If Sturridge is reduced to starting a meaningless late season mid-table encounter and Origi is a starter at the business end of the Europa League then you'd have to wonder about his future under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Origi & Sahko were standout, other performances were brilliantly solid - Clyne, Moreno (most solid I've seen him), Allen, Can etc. - everybody made mistakes - that was a high paced game against good opposition so leniency is to be allowed somewhat.

Thought Dortmund seemed so sharp & alive to breaking ball when getting a foot in.

I think Can has the ability to push on & develop further & my hope is that Grujic coming in helps that - you'll have two quite young midfield players who're physical, energetic, with bundles of potential, I think the two of them could push each other to improve in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I thought Clyne was terrible at going forward, he is strong enough at the back but at times he seems to fall over himself when he passes the halfway!

Sakho, Lovren & Can good solid performances. Im actually happy Henderson will be missing the 2nd leg, we can have Can & Milner sitting in front of the back 4 with Allen linking up with Coutinho. Allen is much more comfortable on the ball, he's just missing the engine & physicality of Henderson

Say Sturridge is sick he didn't start the game, it reminded me when Rodgers dropped Gerrard against Real that time.

Dortmund's standout players were Hummels & Mikhataryin, very impressed with them. They looked dodgy with balls in behind at the back, thats what we should focus on in the 2nd leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Very happy with the result last night. Difficult venue to play at. Hopefully we can win at Anfield. Delighted to see Origi and Sakho playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Delighted for Oirigi, there's a puzzling tendency to write him off, but he only turns 21 this day week. Contrast that with the patience (rightly, IMO) extended to Can, with many's a reference on here to how young he is, but he's 22 since January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Origi was a revelation, he held the ball up brilliantly at times, for such a young kid he'd definitely worth be patient with. I'm delighted we have Klopp to bring him on. I know Sturridge is a better player, but I'm not sure he'd have shown the physicality that Origi did.

I thought Can played as well as I have seen him play. He looks fitter and more mobile than I have seen him, I thought he played well mostly. I thought Lovren had a good game too, one of his reads, tracking a sharp run and following blocks was brilliant, I think it saved a goal.

Clyne didn't look 100% committed to going forward some of the time, kind of waiting for it to break down so he could get back to defend. Hes young, I'd be patient with him too.

Always easier to be patient and look on the positives after a good result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sure Clyne got forward more but apart from his shot, he looked panicky and clumsy in possession.
    Not one of his better games.

Agree, thought Clyne was very poor yesterday.

Great performances from Origi and Can. Joey Allen continuing to impress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Origi noticeably gets better whenever you see him. There's a clear progression there, both in his physique, and the way he plays.

I'm pretty excited to see how he develops under Klopp over the next few years. The ****ing size of the lad too. Ridiculous how fast he is on top of that.

If he can become as good as Benteke Lukaku I'll be happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

He certainly had a decent game but in fairness about a third of those highlights show him losing the ball.

He has potential though but just doesn't seem to have a great nose for goal (though he did get a nice goal last night, albeit the deflection probably took it in) I think ultimately he'll be a Danny Welbeck like striker. Good player and does an awful lot of things well and defenders will hate playing against him, but in terms of goals he'll be a 1 in 5 man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We won't really know until the return fixture is over if it was regrettable that we didn't win today. It's tight. Real tight.

We'd be heading into the next round in the 89th min at 0-0 and one mistake could change it all. Looking forward to the sheer stress of that next week, anyway.

There's absolutely no reason why we should be in this position. We created 4/5 genuine clear cut chances away from home against Dortmund.

I would be going out to score at home next week and winning the game.

Knex. wrote: »
    Origi noticeably gets better whenever you see him. There's a clear progression there, both in his physique, and the way he plays.

I'm pretty excited to see how he develops under Klopp over the next few years. The ****ing size of the lad too. Ridiculous how fast he is on top of that.
    Are you excited by Danny 'Knex loves LGVs b*lls' Ings coming back?

Isn't his tribunal fee supposed to be set by now?

Are you excited by Danny 'Knex loves LGVs b*lls' Ings coming back?

Isn't his tribunal fee supposed to be set by now?

I always seem to forget about this :pac:

He was really looking like he could contribute and be at least a 10-15 goal player. I think Klopp would love him too. Hopefully this year hasn't set him back too much.

Haven't heard anything about the tribunal in a while, actually.

I always seem to forget about this :pac:

He was really looking like he could contribute and be at least a 10-15 goal player. I think Klopp would love him too. Hopefully this year hasn't set him back too much.

Haven't heard anything about the tribunal in a while, actually.
    Don't worry.

Someone here will remind you:D

Just seen 2 men charged with hanging the 'murderers' banner before the United game in the last round. Hope they get the whole library thrown at them, not to mind the book:mad:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/07/two-men-charged-murderers-banner-liverpool-manchester-united-hillsborough?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Ings tribunal is set for next week I think.

Something that we can take away from last night is that Reus is wildly over-rated at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm sure Klopp is thinking that Sturridge is so unhappy to be taken off that I'll just bring him on instead. I could see Klopp doing that, just to prove a point to Sturridge.
    '' unhappy to be taken off, fine , lets avoid that situation''

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Klopp has said that he used Origi last night as the way he plays is more effective against how Dortmund play.
    I'm sure in the last few games he played Sturridge over Origi for the same reason.
    So Klopp selected the best man for the job.

But Origi was a little isolated at times, I think he needed a player closer to him last night to be more effective.
    I would love to see Origi and Sturridge on the same pitch together for 90 to see what damage they could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nobody seems to have mentioned how all our great work last night was all undone yet again by pathetic defending of a set piece, I mean what's the point in putting your body of the line in open play and then acting like a bunch of newborn giraffes when a free or corner comes into the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't think Lovren isn't getting enough praise. Motm last night followed by Sakho & Origi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Origi had good game alright. Bit fortunate with the deflection for the goal but deserved it.
    As someone said , hes only 20 so even if he hasnt ' wowed ' me he could be a great alternative to danny , like last night, for certain games. A better version of what i hoped benteke would give us if you like.
    His confidence must have got a huge boost so hope it keeps going.
    Moreno's brain fart of a ' tackle' in the corner should have been a card . A definite yellow or a harsh red. He left the ground and had no control leading with both feet. He was lucky he missed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The brainless stuff Moreno does on a weekly basis is a book at this stage. Surely won't be first choice next season?

Ings tribunal is set for next week I think.

Something that we can take away from last night is that Reus is wildly over-rated at the moment.

Based off of one game, Harry. Jaysus :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think Lovren isn't getting enough praise.

Don't agree, I thought he was good. ;)

Based off of one game, Harry. Jaysus :pac:

No, I've been reading those better placed than me and they all seem to think he's a shadow of his pre-injury self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Durrrrrm wasn't great last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

No, I've been reading those better placed than me and they all seem to think he's a shadow of his pre-injury self.

Nailed on June signing, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I have a bad record with the pub and Liverpool. I'll only jinx it. The worst the stream, the better we do.

Watched it last night on a dodgy but crystal clear German Sky stream...felt like a real hipster and even some of the Leaving Cert vocabulary was starting to return....zwei und zwanzig minuten sounds so much more impressive and ominous than twenty two minutes.

Decent performance and great result...hard to reconcile it with the recent capitulation against Southampton

Skrtel/no Skrtel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

MD1990 wrote: »
    Don't think Lovren isn't getting enough praise. Motm last night followed by Sakho & Origi.

The change in Lovren has been great to see, has improved in spades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not that i want to put a downer on the performance, but to defend so well and work so hard and gift them a soft goal is frustrating to say the least. Its obvious at this stage that Sakho/Lovren can work long term for us, a bit more protection from the Midfield and some more work on set pieces and we can be solid.

It wasn't obvious at the time but Mig should have saved that goal. When I rewinded it and watched a second time I noticed as the ball was being headed Migs feet were not on the ground, he did a tiny little jump as the ball was being headed and as a result he couldn't get a strong enough hand on the ball. If his feet were grounded he would have saved it. mig1.jpg

Then in this second picture I took look at Migs positioning-he is leaving the entire right hand side of the goal unguarded. A quick shot with the outside of the boot here would have seen him make yet another clanger

I kept an eye on Mig during the two Man U matches too and there was a number of times where unaccurate shots came in and if they were on target he was easily beaten because he was already on his knees.

We really need an upgrade on this keeper, he is going to cost us again next season if it is not done

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Then in this second picture I took look at Migs positioning-he is leaving the entire right hand side of the goal unguarded. A quick shot with the outside of the boot here would have seen him make yet another clanger

I kept an eye on Mig during the two Man U matches too and there was a number of times where unaccurate shots came in and if they were on target he was easily beaten because he was already on his knees.

We really need an upgrade on this keeper, he is going to cost us again next season if it is not done

Just on the photo above, I don't actually think his positioning is bad there, to be honest.

I think you're focusing on him too much and making a mountain out of a molehill.

I think he should be a metre to his left, he has left the near post wide open and as the Dortmund player has the ball there was a clear opportunity to beat him on his near post, due to poor positioning. He was positioning for a cross and nothing else, his near post wasn't covered for a snap shot.

As for mountain out of a molehill, this keeper has cost us points and games, I don't think he is beyond criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think he should be a metre to his left, he has left the near post wide open and as the Dortmund player has the ball there was a clear opportunity to beat him on his near post, due to poor positioning. He was positioning for a cross and nothing else, his near post wasn't covered for a snap shot.

As for mountain out of a molehill, this keeper has cost us points and games, I don't think he is beyond criticism

By the time the cross came over he'd have ample to time to attack it and get across to the near post if needed. Of course, more often than not that cross is going to the back post or middle of the goal.

Mignolets mistakes aren't technical mistakes, just bloopers. Same for a lot of our defensive errors. Brainfarts.

• Advertisement

James Pearce reporting that Jordan Henderson is out for 6 to 8 weeks with knee ligament damage, so thats his season (with LFC anyway) over. :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Poor luck on Henderson as he's set to miss the Euros.

Likely to be sidelined for two months.

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/718468368475496448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

James Pearce reporting that Jordan Henderson is out for 6 to 8 weeks with knee ligament damage, so thats his season (with LFC anyway) over. :(.

Ferguson was right all along...

z35B7I2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah Henderson is done for the season, shame he won't be the one to lift the Europa League trophy in May, Sakho will have to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah Henderson is done for the season, shame he won't be the one to lift the Europa League trophy in May, Sakho will have to do it.

After Milner falls over when he goes to pick it up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement