Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

With Can out of the next 2 games in the league I assume that means Allen, Milner and Lucas will be starting in midfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whatever Klopp says in public he knows the Stoke game is a non-event, so play Stewart and Brannagan as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Whatever Klopp says in public he knows the Stoke game is a non-event, so play Stewart and Brannagan as far as I'm concerned.

Would prefer Allen to get game time

It's hardly a non event. We should be aiming to get an high as possible. Playing late July or early August would be a bit of a disaster

Its going to happen (or possibly no EL), bless your naivety!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Skrtel/no Skrtel.

Is that the Liverpool version of

goodbadidea.jpg

Its going to happen (or possibly no EL), bless your naivety!

Quite a few permutations possible, so 6th & 7th are potential qualifying sports.

Any leaked team news ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Any leaked team news ?

I think Mignolet is due to start.

Dropping Sturridge was the right decision as things went with Origi scoring. Might well prove to be a 2 pronged correct decision if there's a decent attitudinal reaction from Daniel.

As someone else mentioned I would really like to see Origi and Sturridge start together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Augeo wrote: »
    Dropping Sturridge was the right decision as things went with Origi scoring. Might well prove to be a 2 pronged correct decision if there's a decent attitudinal reaction from Daniel.

As someone else mentioned I would really like to see Origi and Sturridge start together.

They did against Southampton IIRC. Worked out well until Skrtel undid all the hard work from the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it likely we'll see a new captain now, or will Milner have to do.
    I'd make Coutinho captain
    Would be a great next step for him

Sakho is the only option for me. Coutinho doesn't look like captain material, it's more than just being the best player on the team, you need that leadership quality and passion that Sakho clearly has in abundance. If not him, Toure, though I'm not sure he'll be starting often enough to be given it and he could be off in the summer.

Sakho was slaughtered here recently and even in game last night had his moments.
    He lacks consistency, a hard man for players to look too when he's off his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sakho was slaughtered here recently and even in game last night had his moments.
    He lacks consistency, a hard man for players to look too when he's off his game.

For captaincy, personality is far more important than performance.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    For captaincy, personality is far more important than performance.

I bet all the girls say that to you

Gerrard was off his game for years - never stopped him being captain :pac:

It's a shame that we probably won't see another local captain for at least 5-7 years. Flanagan probably won't make it to that level based on his form since he returned from injury and there doesn't seem to be any quality Scousers coming through that we can pin our hopes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

martyos121 wrote: »
    Sakho is the only option for me. Coutinho doesn't look like captain material, it's more than just being the best player on the team, you need that leadership quality and passion that Sakho clearly has in abundance. If not him, Toure, though I'm not sure he'll be starting often enough to be given it and he could be off in the summer.

Don't do it to yourself lads. It's Milner for the rest of the season. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Milner isn't even that bad, stat wise he's our best midfielder and has a very good work ethic. I can see why people don't rate him, you only have to look at his passing in last nights game. Oh and not forgetting his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah as far as captaincy on the pitch is concerned, I really don't think it matters. The leaders will be leaders, regardless who's wearing an armband.

Henderson seems to have a good head on his shoulders, he seems to be good at all the off field responsibilities.

Would really have preferred for the vice captaincy to have gone to someone else - more as a reward for good work, to someone like Lucas, but as a thing it doesn't really matter.

Doubt much will change next season though, it's a difficult thing to change without someone leaving.

Hopefully Klopp brings in a captain in the summer. Seriously lacking a proper captain imo. I like Henderson but he has never looked like a captain imo.

Nobody in the squad really up to it bar Lucas imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hopefully Klopp brings in a captain in the summer. Seriously lacking a proper captain imo. I like Henderson but he has never looked like a captain imo.

Nobody in the squad really up to it bar Lucas imo

Is this all in your opinion???

:pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Is this all in your opinion???

:pac:

No, in mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Milner isn't even that bad, stat wise he's our best midfielder and has a very good work ethic. I can see why people don't rate him, you only have to look at his passing in last nights game. Oh and not forgetting his wages.

I don't think Milner's problem is even Milner specific. He's just the typical English midfielder, all huff and puff and running around like a headless chicken. And lacking any kind of guile or footballing intelligence. Henderson is the exact same.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't think Milner's problem is even Milner specific. He's just the typical English midfielder, all huff and puff and running around like a headless chicken. And lacking any kind of guile or footballing intelligence. Henderson is the exact same.

Come on now, hes not felll over that much. :D

It really depends on what sort of captain.

The best leaders has three key attributes:

They can play good football and put in a good fight and then having the ability of being able to speak to the media.

Milner has two, he's not as bad as rooney, but he could still improve on his media skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hendo out for 6-8 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Was just going to say Lucas. Where the hell is lucas? Injured?

Potential captains bar lucas - I actually think Nervol wouldnt be a bad choice - now he has his game in order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

They can play good football and put in a good fight and then having the ability of being able to speak to the media.

Milner has two, he's not as bad as rooney, but he could still improve on his media skills.

Never mind captaincy/leadership, where's the control? With that pair in the centre, setting the tempo or retaining the ball for a spell is out the window. Although it's hard to point to a midfield in the EPL that does that well and to good effect at the moment.

ardinn wrote: »
    I actually think Nervol wouldnt be a bad choice - now he has his game in order!

God, leave him be for a while yet. He's had good spells before, started thinking he's Beckenbauer, and then fell to pieces like a 19 year old girl post-dumping on her 11th gin and bitter lemon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'll just leave this right here and walk away quickly:)

https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/718570142712655872?s=09

Everton v Liverpool U18s 11 am KO

Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold Parker, Whelan Lewis, Coyle, Kane, Ejaria, Phillips, T.Gomes, Woodburn

Subs Williams, Masterson, Johnston, Lennon

FT 0-4 Philips, Kane, Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold.

Each goal was of quality and they created several other chances with some very smooth progressive football. Excellent performances all round with Alexander-Arnold, Kane, Ejaria, Phillips catching the eye in particular.

The highlights when they appear will be well worth watching. The current U18s crop might be better than the last bunch (which included Canos, Chivirella, Ojo, Kent, Wilson) to my mind - some genuinely "sophisticated" midfield pass and move from players not old enough to drive in some cases.

ardinn wrote: »
    Was just going to say Lucas. Where the hell is lucas? Injured?....

He might feature this weekend, he's just back. Was injured taking (maybe before??) the penalty against Man City iirc.
    Can suspended for the next 2 PL games and Hendo is out injured so presume he'll get game time soon. I think he be more suited to playing with Can than anyone else of the options so he's likely to start against BD too though.

With Grujic coming in and Can after establishing himself to an extent and Henderson very likely to be here next season I think we'll see more of Lucas at CB than midfield next season if he's still here. He did great alongside Sakho at least twice.

I reckon he'll leave this summer though.

Lucas played 45 mins in a behind closed doors game against Burnley (Stewart played the other 45)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Never should 'ave sold 'im lads amirite

Andy Carroll Superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Turty sheds a single tear somewhere

An analysis of the Dortmund game, he normally give a very good tactical analysis of Liverpool games when he does them.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/04/08/borussia-dortmund-liverpool-11/

PM that to Andersonisgod :pac:

PM that to Andersonisgod :pac:

Ask him what pivot Andy is playing around today while you're at it, I'm simply bereft sitting here watching this without the benefit of his pivotal wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Andy Carroll. Sign him up. Big forwards always do well at Liverpool :)

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Ask him what pivot Andy is playing around today while you're at it, I'm simply bereft sitting here watching this without the benefit of his pivotal wisdom.

You're such a bully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

corwill wrote: »

He's playing the much maligned burro en una bola role.

klose wrote: »
    Turty sheds a single tear somewhere

You jinxed it ;).

Still, it's a bad day for the best defence and goalkeeper in the league to concede three to that shambles of a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

MOTD will be insufferable tonight!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You jinxed it ;).

Still, it's a bad day for the best defence and goalkeeper in the league to concede three to that shambles of a footballer.
    *Cue gif of horse falling over football*

Edit. Found it!

Big Andy, with his flowing locks, in full flight...

http://cheezburger.com/4077956608

*Cue gif of horse falling over football*

Edit. Found it!

Big Andy, with his flowing locks, in full flight...

http://cheezburger.com/4077956608

I prefer the Newcastle dive one.

Whatever about bringing Seabiscuit home, Montero would be a class signing. He tore Chelsea a new one today and he's got bags of pace. Not enough wingers at the club, he'd be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

tumblr_m1uqtfp0Jb1qe12t8o1_500.gif

Terrible signing for us.......

Also, lets not forget the Mignolet slap.......how he got away with it was almost impressive...

Andy_Carroll_Punch.gif

Out of all my Pool shirts.. that one from our last cup win has not left the wardrobe. Thank you Andy Carrol, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What about the ability to lead and motivate a team?

Henderson and Milner are miles off standard required for a captain. Think Keane, Vieira, Terry, Gerrard etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement