Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

djPSB wrote: »
    What about the ability to lead and motivate a team?

Henderson and Milner are miles off standard required for a captain. Think Keane, Vieira, Terry, Gerrard etc.

Its not just Liverpool though..

Look at those teams you refer to: United, Arsenal and Chelsea. Apart from Terry(who will probably be gone next season) There is no one that could really lead a team. Rooney/Carrick? Wilshire/Ramsey? Cesc/Ivanovic?

I actually dont think the premiership will ever see a generation like that of the late 90's early 00's. So many leaders in each of the "Top four".

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Everton v Liverpool U18s 11 am KO

Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold Parker, Whelan Lewis, Coyle, Kane, Ejaria, Phillips, T.Gomes, Woodburn

Subs Williams, Masterson, Johnston, Lennon

FT 0-4 Philips, Kane, Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold.

Each goal was of quality and they created several other chances with some very smooth progressive football. Excellent performances all round with Alexander-Arnold, Kane, Ejaria, Phillips catching the eye in particular.

The highlights when they appear will be well worth watching. The current U18s crop might be better than the last bunch (which included Canos, Chivirella, Ojo, Kent, Wilson) to my mind - some genuinely "sophisticated" midfield pass and move from players not old enough to drive in some cases.

You can drive at 16 in England ;)

Hopefully no 15 year olds in that side. Scarlet if there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No you can't (except on a moped and they don't count!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Does a tractor count?

Ah come on now! :D Visions of the Academy arriving for practice on a Zetor pulling a trailer

• Advertisement

Damn, I was sure it was 16 there for a car. Did it change in recent years or was I just imagining it? I do seem to imagine a lot of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    Damn, I was sure it was 16 there for a car. Did it change in recent years or was I just imagining it? I do seem to imagine a lot of things.

No, I see the 6 foot bunny too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No, I see the 6 foot bunny too.

frank_the_rabbit_by_sugarplumfruitberry-d5i85gr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sometimes reading this thread makes me think I'm tripping too.

I've changed my mind about Mignolet, he needs to go.
    Nice guy but far Too dumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Out of all my Pool shirts.. that one from our last cup win has not left the wardrobe. Thank you Andy Carrol, Stewart Downing and Charlie Adams.

Charlie Adam FFS! Adam!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Charlie Adam FFS! Adam!

Is that Right!

Charlie Adam FFS! Adam!

Yeah,Carroll and Downing had their moments but Charlie Adams was brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Charlie Adam FFS! Adam!

Gordan henderson

klose wrote: »
    Gordan henderson

Made me wonder where The-Rigger was gone until I remembered Arsenal bottling it today.

Made me wonder where The-Rigger was gone until I remembered Arsenal bottling it today.

He's currently on the site naughty step I believe. Well I'd believe it if I were allowed to mention it but I'm not so I won't.

You didn't read this post.

/Jedi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sometimes reading this thread makes me think I'm tripping too.

tumblr_m5sdu9zDmg1r8kfm2o1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm very drunk. I love all you guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm very drunk. I love all you guys

Christ..you must be pretty drunk!

Match thread up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Migs
    Flanno--Skittles--Lovren-Smith

Lucas

Milner---Allen

Ibe----Firmino----

Studge

Possible lineup, I think he'll rest a few for Thurs night

Dortmund have gone for mass rotation today...wonder if we'll do the same. I think we should.

Dortmund have gone for mass rotation today...wonder if we'll do the same. I think we should.

Interesting decision. Shows how much they want to win the EL and how little chance they think thy have of overtaking Bayern at this stage.

Big game for them to be resting first teamers in too with the Schalke rivalry.

Their bench: Weidenfeller, Gündogan, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Aubameyang, Piszczek, Castro

Bundesliga is mad. 4th is closer in points (by 4) to 2nd last than they are to 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I can't believe we ever bought Borini, looks out of his depth in a Sunderland team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That movement though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    That movement though.....

7508550.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haha Borini just took a shot and hit himself in the face with it.

"But, but he has great movement! He makes great runs!"

Lol

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha Borini just took a shot and hit himself in the face with it.

"But, but he has great movement! He makes great runs!"

Lol

https://vine.co/v/iTialEM2WdM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kolo/Skrtel magic combo is going to be fun today.

Great to see Ojo start a Prem game. Ibe not even on the bench, I've not heard that he is injured so that's a worry for him.

Great to see Ojo start a Prem game. Ibe not even on the bench, I've not heard that he is injured so that's a worry for him.

I saw earlier that he posted something on Instagram about a door closing and maybe it means it'll work out better in the long run, or something. Someone else said there are rumours he has been linked to Watford as well, so looks like he might be on the way out. Pity he didn't develop into the player we hoped. Still time for him though, but probably not at Liverpool it seems now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

About time Ojo's hard work got him a start....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

5starpool wrote: »
    I saw earlier that he posted something on Instagram about a door closing and maybe it means it'll work out better in the long run, or something. Someone else said there are rumours he has been linked to Watford as well, so looks like he might be on the way out. Pity he didn't develop into the player we hoped. Still time for him though, but probably not at Liverpool it seems now.

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-314805170/ibe33/photos/ig-1225206708020882584_314805170

hmmm, i dunno seems like it's a bit early to give up on him no?

• Advertisement

I'd be happy enough for us to hold on to him as I think there is still time for him, but it does look likely he might be allowed to leave this summer, and I hope it works out well for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

That's an incredible piece of skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

After a nervy start great to see Ojo doing well now. Won't see a better assist. Bit more confidence in front of goal now. The goal against in the cup showed us he's capable as any of them in he first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

handy 3 points,decent performance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the result. Anytime you beat Hughes / Shawcross is a good time.
    Ojo was great. Origi was great.

Bring on Thursday !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Decent performance and a good result against Stoke.

A lot of these players are making quite a case for a squad place next season. Allen, Stewart, Ojo, etc might give us some depth in those positions.

Allen and Stewart were an impressive pair and should give us some options in the middle. Stewart looks like he's been playing at PL level for years.

Ojo impressive, and Origi looking very good after he came on.

Utd getting tanked at White Hart Lane. Hopefully no CL football for them next season with us to win the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Utd getting tanked at White Hart Lane. Hopefully no CL football for them next season with us to win the EL.

If we're gonna win the EL then i want them to get 4th. 4th doesn't get the spot right?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    If we're gonna win the EL then i want them to get 4th. 4th doesn't get the spot right?

Correct. If we win EL 4th spot loses their CL spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No unless city missed top 4 and won European cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Loughc wrote: »
    Correct. If we win EL 4th spot loses their CL spot.

Not correct, 5 Spanish teams in it this season.

I think City need to win the CL too? Max of 5 clubs from 1 country allowed?

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2215121.html

We are 5 pts behind Utd with a game in hand and their GD is now just 1 better than ours if it remains 3 - 0 at WHL, I wouldn't rule out us catching them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

5 points behind Utd with a game in hand. It'd mean little long term, but it'd be lovely to finish ahead of them. Every time we go close though we do something silly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement