Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

5starpool wrote: »
    ..... but it'd be lovely to finish ahead of them.........

It's be twice in the last 3 seasons :D

We're scoring goals now in most games, that was largely our problem up to 10 games ago, too few goals.

Bit of momentum building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Augeo wrote: »
    It's be twice in the last 3 seasons :D

We're scoring goals now in most games, that was largely our problem up to 10 games ago, too few goals.

Bit of momentum building.

Defensive mentality has been the problem. Up front, we've always had a few otions for goals.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Defensive mentality has been the problem. Up front, we've always had a few otions for goals.

We've been scoring more of late, it's clear to everyone, well almost everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Much as I'd rather not have a pop at Henderson, the midfield was so, so much better without him today. When see how comfortable a defence of Kolo and Skittles was for about 3/4 of the game, with Stewart shielding them and Allen allowing for some actual ball retention, and the way Sturridge got into the game more than we've seen in nearly two years, there are some difficult questions for Klopp come August about how to set up the midfield.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm surprised the atmosphere in here isn't more depressed. Today was the day when we lost our chance to win the league.

Gutting.

Henderson could well come back to the form he showed before this season, he wasn't 100% fit for any period this year.

Him missing the Euro' Ch' doesn't suit him but it might well benefit LFC next season.

Ya, too early to be getting rid of Henderson yet. I don't think there is a real chance he will leave this summer either.

Really don't think he'll leave but someone in CM coming in that on paper is better than Henderson at his best would be great, along with an upgrade on Mig.

Toure, Teixeira, Enrique, Ilori, Sinclair are all certs to leave this summer. Most of them will have no effect on the squad though, but it'd be nice to keep Kolo around for another year I think.

Skrtel, Mignolet, Allen, Benteke, Ibe all likely to leave too I reckon (but I'd be happy enough to keep Allen and Ibe). I don't think we'll see anyone else of note leaving though, although Sturridge and Moreno might be slight surprise contenders to be moved on.

I reckon we'll sign 3 or 4 more first XI contenders to go along with Matip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Toure, Teixeira, Enrique, Ilori, Sinclair are all certs to leave this summer. Most of them will have no effect on the squad though, but it'd be nice to keep Kolo around for another year I think.

Skrtel, Mignolet, Allen, Benteke, Ibe all likely to leave too I reckon (but I'd be happy enough to keep Allen and Ibe). I don't think we'll see anyone else of note leaving though, although Sturridge and Moreno might be slight surprise contenders to be moved on.

We should be keeping Ming but replacing him with someone far superior.

Ming would be a good backup keeper but if you sell him and buy a new guy, if the new guy gets injured your back to Bogdan as your backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mig actually done well today, he pulled off a couple of nice saves and caught a few crosses.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We should be keeping Ming but replacing him with someone far superior.

Ming would be a good backup keeper but if you sell him and buy a new guy, if the new guy gets injured your back to Bogdan as your backup.

Oh ya, Bogdan definitely a goner too, I had wiped him from memory.

I don't think Mignolet will want to stay if we bring in a new first choice goalie. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep him though and just get another backup unless Klopp thinks Ward is good enough. If Mignolet leaves we'll be signing 2 new keepers I'd say. Probably not 2 in the same day though like when we signed Dudek and Kirkland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any reason why ojo came off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

a really poor signing for Liverpool

Toure, Teixeira, Enrique, Ilori, Sinclair are all certs to leave this summer............

Skrtel, Mignolet, Allen, Benteke, Ibe all likely to leave too I reckon (but I'd be happy enough to keep Allen and Ibe). I don't think we'll see anyone else of note leaving though, although Sturridge and Moreno might be slight surprise contenders to be moved on.............

I think Lucas is as likely to leave as Allen.
    Sturridge will only be sold if the £££s add up hugely favourably for LFC , he's costing us £7.5m/annum in wages but his cost was really small. Considering Benteke is really very likely to leave and Balotelli is definitely so I can't really see Sturridge leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mada999 wrote: »
    a really poor signing for Liverpool

The first signing of the Great Character era. Says it all really.

Second signing was PirJoe though, so it wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id loan out Ibe and on his performances since klopp came in I'd be annoyed if we shipped Allen, he just adds something different from Milner hendo and can.

Interesting to see Stewart do well, goes to show its hard to fully judge youth players out on loan in lower divisions and in that ridiculous u21 league until they get a game with the seniors. Would never have given him a chance to even be involved a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stewart has impressed in every game he has gotten this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Stewart has impressed in every game he has gotten this season.
    Incredible maturity given his lack of experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Didn't see the game as was getting a free meal round my sisters place but I did see the Spurs/Utd game - Utd were the very definition of mediocre huff and puff. Created sod all except a wall to stop Spurs in the first half, usually hate them winning but happy enough today. Glad that Ojo and Stewart didn't embarrass themselves - I almost feel like a parent when the Academy players get a senior appearence!

Shall look forward to the MOTD highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Joe Allen is actually growing on me. Great player to have in the squad.

Prefer him to Henderson at the moment tbh, injury to Hendo or not.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Any reason why ojo came off?

A knock apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Anyone spot this beauty last year?

CftO0KqW8AIjwCc.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

corwill wrote: »
    Haha, gegenWUMming!
    We should adopt that word as I hope it's going to be used a lot next year.

Bravo, sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Didn't see the game as was getting a free meal round my sisters place but I did see the Spurs/Utd game - Utd were the very definition of mediocre huff and puff. Created sod all except a wall to stop Spurs in the first half, usually hate them winning but happy enough today. Glad that Ojo and Stewart didn't embarrass themselves - I almost feel like a parent when the Academy players get a senior appearence!

Shall look forward to the MOTD highlights.

Their thread is an hilarious read. All sunshine and roses this morning, then it all kicks off around half six. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone spot this beauty last year?

CftO0KqW8AIjwCc.jpg:large

His tee shots are worth the transfer fee alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Charlie Adams in a slim fitting all white tracksuit is not something I ever wanted to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Charlie Adams in a slim fitting all white tracksuit is not something I ever wanted to see.

None of us did. We should form a support group for survivors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

watching the game today. Really wish we went for Imbula. Fantastic CM.

Here's something I hadn't expected
    Andrew Beasley on Twitter: "Only Spurs (46) and Arsenal (42) have scored more than Liverpool (41) in the PL since Klopp took over (and from more games too)." (twitter.com)

this robbed from reddit
    Daniel Sturridge has started 68 matches for Liverpool and scored 48 goals. Only behind Sergio Aguero in the PL era.

How did he play today, was he putting it about or strollin'?

Here's something I hadn't expected

this robbed from reddit

I read somewhere today that we're the highest scorers in 2016

I thought he put in a good shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Genuinely forgot until now that we still have Steven Caulker on loan! Where is he? Surely a better option than skrtel as backup!

Colemania wrote: »
    Genuinely forgot until now that we still have Steven Caulker on loan! Where is he? Surely a better option than skrtel as backup!

I think he has taken over the decorating business to let Sakho concentrate on the football.

Played well, more than a few nice bits of play aside from the goal, himself & Origi seem to complement each others game very well.

I love watching Klopp interviews and press conferences. He really is a no BS man who speaks honestly but in a positive way with a relaxed and chilled out manner.

I still find it hard to believe he is our manager to be honest.

I love watching Klopp interviews and press conferences. He really is a no BS man who speaks honestly but in a positive way with a relaxed and chilled out manner.

I still find it hard to believe he is our manager to be honest.

I'm the exact same boat as you. I said that a couple of months ago and it still hasn't sunk in properly yet. This is the man who could win us our first title in over 25 years someday and he's an absolute legend of a guy too!

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same boat as you. I said that a couple of months ago and it still hasn't sunk in properly yet. This is the man who could win us our first title in over 25 years someday and he's an absolute legend of a guy too!

I'm not quite getting that carried away yet, but I'm looking forward to where we can go in the next couple of years anyhow.

I'm not quite getting that carried away yet, but I'm looking forward to where we can go in the next couple of years anyhow.

You're in the wrong thread and supporting the wrong team if you don't get carried away every now and again! :pac:

#MakeLiverpoolGreatAgain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think he has taken over the decorating business to let Sakho concentrate on the football.

He's a better fit anyway. He's a dab hand at tiling, great at caulking around bathtubs and kitchen counter tops.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He's a better fit anyway. He's a dab hand at tiling, great at caulking around bathtubs and kitchen counter tops.

BbgL7x3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

BbgL7x3.gif

Ah caulk on that, would ya.

Danny Willett a Liverpool fan (which matters of course). Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Any word on why he pulled Ojo at halftime? Thought he was great personally...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

this robbed from reddit
    Daniel Sturridge has started 68 matches for Liverpool and scored 48 goals. Only behind Sergio Aguero in the PL era.

I hate when people do this sort of thing with stats. He's scored 48 goals in 84 appearances of which 68 were starts and 16 as a substitute. This is accurate.

If Reddit or whoever want to look at the 68 starts then they should exclude goals scored from the bench after coming on. Maybe it's only 1 or 2 (anyone know?) but it's still not 48 scored in the same 68 games where he started.

Either go with the total scored in the 68 or say it's 48 from 84. Saying "Daniel Sturridge has started 68 matches for Liverpool and scored 48 goals" makes it sound like every one of those 48 were in the 68 games.

Take out the goals as a sub and it's still likely a very impressive rate of scoring. So why embellish it with creative accounting?

/pedantic rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Any word on why he pulled Ojo at halftime? Thought he was great personally...

Injured, apparently.

I'd like to see a fourball with him, Bellamy, Riise and Finnan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Had a flem on him each way, im in brickfield park now with now top on if anyone want to buzz down for a session.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement