Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Charlie Adams in a slim fitting all white tracksuit is not something I ever wanted to see.

Adam

What's the story with the Spurs section not being in the soccer forum ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We all took a vote and fcked them out. You must have missed it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh boy that's a can worms that dosent need to be reopened :D apparently it was there before they banned club specific forums so they kept it on, I think there's also a Chelsea specific forum somewhere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

8-10 wrote: »
    I hate when people do this sort of thing with stats. He's scored 48 goals in 84 appearances of which 68 were starts and 16 as a substitute. This is accurate.

If Reddit or whoever want to look at the 68 starts then they should exclude goals scored from the bench after coming on. Maybe it's only 1 or 2 (anyone know?) but it's still not 48 scored in the same 68 games where he started.

Either go with the total scored in the 68 or say it's 48 from 84. Saying "Daniel Sturridge has started 68 matches for Liverpool and scored 48 goals" makes it sound like every one of those 48 were in the 68 games.

Take out the goals as a sub and it's still likely a very impressive rate of scoring. So why embellish it with creative accounting?

/pedantic rant

Liars, damn liars and statisticians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

SlickRic wrote: »
    Joe Allen is actually growing on me. Great player to have in the squad.

Prefer him to Henderson at the moment tbh, injury to Hendo or not.

yeah me too... he's doing ok under Klopp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mada999 wrote: »

Also "I believe in a thing called Lovren"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

"Get Your Hands Off My Allen"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

mada999 wrote: »

Thats a song about genital warts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

How did he play today, was he putting it about or strollin'?

He was class.
    If he can get back to performing like than and stop sulking whilst staying injury free, I honestly think we have the best striker in the league on par with Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ush wrote: »

I thought it was about pubic lice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I read somewhere today that we're the highest scorers in 2016
    Shush! It's merely a coincidence but Brendan Rodgers was quite fond of telling the masses that his team's form improves after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I thought it was about pubic lice?

They're still around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

corwill wrote: »
    "Get Your Hands Off My Allen"

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has anyone mentioned Jordon Ibe throwing his toys out of the social media pram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its sad to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Be Bop A Lula - "Divock Origi"

What's the back of the cereal box?

No need to get rid of him, he's still only 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

J Mysterio wrote: »
    No need to get rid of him, he's still only 20.

Young player in "throw a strop" shocker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dickerty wrote: »
    Young player in "throw a strop" shocker...

Missed that, what did he do ?

cjmc wrote: »
    Missed that, what did he do ?

Removed all LFC stuff from his Twitter profile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Whatever happened to putting your head down and improving in training and fighting your way back in? Bleedin kids these days. The last couple of performances I seen of him he certainly didn't set the world on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Full season on loan in the premership next year, preferably at some team that plays decent football would be ideal, he's only just turned 20 and despite his form there is talent there, i would be disappointed to see him sold this summer.

Swansea, Bounermouth, and the likes would be good options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ush wrote: »

:pac:

Much ado about nothing really. Everything is over analysed these days and there's just too much 'information'.

emo72 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to putting your head down and improving in training and fighting your way back in? Bleedin kids these days. The last couple of performances I seen of him he certainly didn't set the world on fire.

It's the lingering legacy of Sterling's & Aidy Ward's carry on last year. Same self-entitled, unreflective behaviour from Jerome Sinclair. Some snake of agent whispering about not been shown "respek'".

Ibe's mum negotiated his last contract, but I wonder if there's now an actual agent sniffing about in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I like Ibe but he can have no complaints. Klopp has showed a lot of faith in him but bar a couple of glimpses he hasn't really done anything to justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ye maybe Ibe will benefit from spending a season on loan at a premiership side, someone like Villa or Newcastle.... Oh Wait ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This game with Dortmundy is won if score remains the same, will we set up to make score remain the same.

Hasn't Klopp said he doesn't want players out on loan but to develop them at Anfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game with Dortmundy is won if score remains the same, will we set up to make score remain the same.

Like a Christmas tree formation, if your Christmas tree was a fake and still in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You mean, hold them to nil? Don't see that working.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hasn't Klopp said he doesn't want players out on loan but to develop them at Anfield?

That was grand for him at Dortmund as BVBII, their "reserve" team, played in a structured league against other senior teams much like they do in the bundesliga. So when he had youth players knocking about the first team but not getting into the match day squad they simply went off and played for their reserve team. The u21 league in England is a farce so any youth players might not a run of games in ages, great to have em knocking about the senior team but game time is sparse by the looks.

That's a very roundabout way of saying "Do you think we play for a 0-0?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He probably has a skewed view of it this season as we're playing a minimum of 60 games this year and there's been times where the squad has been short and he's actually had to bring a player in on loan (Caulker) as he couldn't recall others. There was that run of League Cup and FA Cup games where if there were less players on loan they would have gotten the run out.

But we're not going to be playing 60 games every season so if you have a year with no European Football (could be us next year) and out of the cups early with players at Anfield rather than on loan you will end up with a huge squad just for league games and most won't get a chance.

What I would like is nobody going on loan after the age of 22. At 23+ you should either be ready for the first team fringes or sold. Exception being goalkeepers and maybe an extra year for defenders. Players of 22 and under who actually look likely to push for a future first-team should absolutely be allowed to go out on loan a year or 2 before we're looking to use them - there should be no issue with this. If Klopp doesn't like the year-long deals with no recalls then that's what you change - give them half a season at Melwood and the other half for Championship / PL experience and if the loaning clubs don't agree to half a season then don't loan them. We should only be looking to loan to clubs who are short in that position and in need of a player to plug that gap for a few months.

And my preference is always for English-based loans ahead of Europe. The likes of Luis Alberto, Balotelli and Markovic are only out on loan there now to be in the shop window in my opinion. None had futures at Anfield when let go on loan. Markovic would be recalled if he could be since and the other 2 remain in the wilderness.

I can see where Klopp's coming from but I don't think no loans at all will be the answer to anything. Having the younger players train in and around the first team and get them used to the team's philosophy is definitely invaluable experience. But as mentioned before the games that the reserves play in is not going to help with a players readiness for being thrown into a first team game. So balance the 2 with shorter loans to spend more time at home, with short loans within England, ideally at Championship clubs, to get match experience when player is closer to the first team

Klopp on Sturrudge... 'Today I want to speak about Daniel Sturridge'

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-today-want-speak-11166137

This game with Dortmundy is won if score remains the same, will we set up to make score remain the same

I doubt it, we are missing Hendo from CM but have Sturridge, Origi, Coutinho & Lallana all fit and in form and Firmino back from injury.

Mig & back 4.
    Either Lucas or Allen will start with Can & Milner in midfield with Coutinho #10.

That leaves Sturridge, Origi, Firmino & Lallana for the other two starting spots.

I'm hoping for Sturridge & Origi but that leaves us vulnerable for extra time so I reckon Sturridge will be on the bench. Can't see Lallana ahead of Firmino with Origi as striker so it's Firmino and Origi starting with the thinking being there's 120 mins in Origi if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

If Ibe wants to stay, learn and work hard then great, but if he thinks he is entitled to play first team football without putting the performances in to earn it then I won't bat an eyelid if he leaves. Ojo looks an able replacement and we'll see more recruits and probably Markovic back in the mix, hopefullly hungry to prove himself.

I'd have Sinclair gone already on the basis that he is a nobody that think's he is a somebody. Plenty ahead of him up front.

We're still going to have less resources than the teams we want to displace in the top 4, we can only do it if all the players are united. No room for whingers demand respect without earning it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I like Divock Origi, he has a similar strike rate to Anthony Martial this season and he didn't cost £50m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I like Divock Origi, he has a similar strike rate to Anthony Martial this season and he didn't cost £50m

He's a good role model to the likes of Martial. Knuckle down and put in the work and he could become nearly as good as Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He's a good role model to the likes of Martial. Knuckle down and put in the work and he could become nearly as good as Origi.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope there isn't the same markdown applied to the man himself.

CfyKc9pXIAAEL-B.jpg

200w.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

and maybe one day he can secure a move to a big club.....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Super-Rush wrote: »
    and maybe one day he can secure a move to a big club.....

Leicester might be interested if he is lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Muahahaha wrote: »

He's the Lidl Anthony Martial.

LOAN WATCH

Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) not in Match squad so played for LFC U21s (where he scored)
    Vigouroux, (Swindon Town) Vig out with a knock
    Wisdom (Norwich) played full game in defeat to Palace
    Markovic (Fenerbache) injured and apparently back at Melwood for rest of season
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) unused sub
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) assisted FSV goal in 1-4 defeat
    Sergi Canos (Brentford) started two games played approx 65 and 70 mins scoring in first game of the week
    Balotelli (Milan) started game and got an assist! (see his valuation rocket now! )
    Alberto (Deportivo) full game in 1-3 defeat.
    Guijic ( Red Star Belgrade) injured
    Fulton (Portsmouth) not in squad
    Allan (Sint-Truidense) played 66 mins in 1-1 draw in EL qualification Mini League - they look most unlikely to be playing in Europe as things stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lots of rumours on Twitter tonight about this fella.

• Advertisement

Lots of Mamoud mours on Twitter tonight about this fella.

mamoud in dahoud

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement