Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I like Divock Origi, he has a similar strike rate to Anthony Martial this season and he didn't cost £50m

Not bad for the worst player in France last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lots of rumours on Twitter tonight about this fella.

All the reliable sources are carrying this. Would 'gladbach sell their two top rated central midfielders in one window though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lots of rumours on Twitter tonight about this fella.

Watched the first 30 seconds. His hair is crap he won't fit in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Origi has added 5+kg of muscle since August. Them Belgian boys love their protein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

corwill wrote: »
    200w.gif

Can you put a disclaimer in your post saying this is only how you interpret my post? I can't afford to be getting 'contexted' by a mod. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

hefferboi wrote: »
    Origi has added 5+kg of muscle since August. Them Belgian boys love their protein

I wonder is it the same protein that Leicester are using...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can you put a disclaimer in your post saying this is only how you interpret my post? I can't afford to be getting 'contexted' by a mod. :pac:

Getting serious for a sec, surely you jest, given some of the stuff one might see fairly regularly in 'their' thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Adam

Adam who?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

ye should be challenging for europa league next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

XR3i wrote: »

We are challenging for it this year, sure we playing BVB on Thursday in the quarter finals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

J Mysterio wrote: »

A move to Watford, a "slightly less high profile club then Liverpool"!!!!

Slightly less!! :pac::pac::pac:

I think that's the best line I read from a sports journalist in a a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Piotr Zelinski has confirmed that hes been taking to Klopp.

Has anyone seen much of him?

corwill wrote: »
    Getting serious for a sec, surely you jest, given some of the stuff one might see fairly regularly in 'their' thread?

I'm looking for the perfect 'you're funny....oh wait you're serious' pic.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Piotr Zelinski has confirmed that hes been taking to Klopp.

Has anyone seen much of him?

Nope but it is nice not to be constantly linked with overpriced British Premiership proven rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

redzerdrog wrote: »
    We are challenging for it this year, sure we playing BVB on Thursday in the quarter finals

zTbjVuq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus lads, Thursday is an exciting prospect isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hope Gundogan is rusty coming back as he is a brillant player. I also think Sokratis will start instead of Ginter as he has decent pace to try deal with Origi. Henderson being injured could be a blessing in disguise as Allen is in great form & deserves to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Proper banter! Look forward to more from you!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, Thursday is an exciting prospect isn't it?

First time in a long time that I'll be watching Liverpool with that sense of anxiety that comes with the big, big matches. (I really think the two legged format of European ties add to this)

I'll be disgusted if we go out with a whimper, as we did against Besikitas when the chips were down. We lost every 50/50, and were beat by a team who simply wanted it more. An inferior one at that.

We need to be on the front foot again, fly in for everything, and most likely ride our luck a bit. Hoping that Anfield will be absolutely rocking as well.

Thursday is not a time for the timid, those who hide on the pitch and look to others to carry them through. We need the likes of Sakho, Coutinho, Milner and Sturridge to show their big game form, as they normally do, but also for the rest to rise to the occasion. Huge moment for the likes of Can, Origi, and a few others.

I'm hopeful that Klopp will have them sufficiently prepared and amped up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Im not having a go at Sturridge but does anyone think Origi is just a bit 'braver' at the moment and deserves a start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We must sign Dahoud just to pair himself and Emre Can and their fabulous haircuts up in the midfield.

79036_15_201571485723817.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

We must sign Dahoud just to pair himself and Emre Can and their fabulous haircuts up in the midfield.

79036_15_201571485723817.jpg

Ayre should already be all over the commercial tie-in:

Dapper-Dan-Pomade.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cfg10exXEAAd8U7.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted but the kid on the right is Marco Reus at the 2001 UEFA Cup final vs Alaves. He and Kevin Grosskreutz were mascots at the game

Lovren has been booted out of the Croatian side due to his failure to warm up and show the manager respect or something.

Lovren has been booted out of the Croatian side due to his failure to warm up and show the manager respect or something.

Apparently that manager is well hated, by players and fans alike.

A few months ago we'd all have been siding with the manager and wondering if he'd busted a few of these moves on the training pitch.

lovren-stepovers.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A few months ago we'd all have been siding with the manager and wondering if he'd busted a few of these moves on the training pitch.

lovren-stepovers.gif

In fairness to him, he did everything right but the execution.

Im not having a go at Sturridge but does anyone think Origi is just a bit 'braver' at the moment and deserves a start

I think Origi deserves to start but aside from that there's 120 mins in him you would think.

Sturridge looked to be getting closer to his best on Sunday but with possibility of 30 mins ET if it's 1-1 on Thursday bench might be best place for him come 8.05pm Thurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Braver? No. Just in much better physical condition imo.

• Advertisement

I like Origi but a fit and firing Sturridge is much better.

Great having them both tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Any chance klopp won't start either Danny or Divock and plums for Firmino instead?

Hope Sturridge gets the nod on his own or along side Origi, I don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Sturridge plays so much better when there is another striker alongside him, would like to see what Firmino could do playing with him.

Something like a 4-3-1-2 with Coutinho playing behind them two. The only thing with that is you're asking your full backs to cover a massive amount of space as they would have to provide the width in the team.

............ full backs to cover a massive amount of space as they would have to provide the width in the team.

If Milner was the most advanced of Can & Lucas he could get out wide, Can distributing from deep or bringing ball forward.

Lucas could cover if Moreno going forward, Clyne best not going forward really, against BD anyway.

Can't see Firmino & Sturridge starting though with possibility of ET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Cf3tnUwW4AAgMUG.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Cf3tnUwW4AAgMUG.jpg
    Poor Sturridge, he will wonder what he has to do to get fans to love him:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Sturridge, he will wonder what he has to do to get fans to love him:)

Not get injured and stop sulking so much might be a start:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Milner has 5 goals and 9 assists in his 25 league games so far. Most on here tend to not like him possibly due to his high wages and the fact he was giving the VC. I think he has done a good job so far definetly worth his place in the team.

Any chance klopp won't start either Danny or Divock and plums for Firmino instead?

Hope Sturridge gets the nod on his own or along side Origi, I don't mind.

Fùck it. Why not plums for everybody ?

Just buy a box of them.

... Most on here tend to not like him........

As well as that most of them tend not to like Sturridge or Lallana.
    When either of the 3 aren't playing they are more often than not missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Milner has 5 goals and 9 assists in his 25 league games so far. Most on here tend to not like him possibly due to his high wages and the fact he was giving the VC. I think he has done a good job so far definetly worth his place in the team.

More assists this year than Ozil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont think he is a good CM......he is much better out wide, I do give him stick because he's very limited in CM and although I hate to be overly critical, as his stats are impressive, I would love to see a breakdown of those assists/goals.....off the top of my head one was against Villa where he played a one two with Sturridge and Danny curled a beauty into the bottom corner, another was against Arsenal where he passed it to Firmino who belted it in from 25 yards out, hardly setting up tap ins lets be honest....and of the goals how many were pens? Definitely one against Swansea not sure if he scored any others......stats can be misleading at the best of times......

I would say he's easily replaced by a quality CM in the summer.....but I'd also agree he's done ok, I'd hold him to a higher standard than Can/Allen, maybe unfairly, due to experience and wage and he quite often doesn't do enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    As well as that most of them tend not to like Sturridge or Lallana.
    When either of the 3 aren't playing they are more often than not missed.

Lallana has improved hugely in the last 2 months. It's coincided with him cutting out the constant fannying around on the ball. There is now a purpose to what he does. I criticised him constantly until 2 months ago and he deserved it. Now he doesn't. Long may it continue.

I would be hoping Milner isn't an automatic starter next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BVB are preparing a tribute for the Hillsborough anniversary on Friday for the game.

Also I'm not a fan of the 50/50 scarfs but I really couldn't think of a better team to have them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Totally off topic but our least favourite rag really is a disgusting pile of sh*t. Going with a pun on their front page that even After Hours would probably frown upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Interesting signing.

Here he is sitting behind Pep.

Andreas-Kornmayer.jpg

We're recruiting a background army of Klopps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Team I'd like to see Thursday:

Mig
    Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
    Can Allen
    Milner Firmino Coutinho
    Origi

Origi is in great form and he brings a defensive element that Sturridge doesn't. If things don't go our way bring on Sturridge to partner Origi up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If Lucas is fit I think he has to start. We badly missed a proper dm last Thursday and Dortmund could really open us up down the middle. I can't see them playing as poorly going forward as they did again and the back 4 needs some real protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

murpho999 wrote: »
    Interesting signing.

Here he is sitting behind Pep.

Andreas-Kornmayer.jpg

We're recruiting a background army of Klopps!

lol! Thats ridiculous, he looks exactly like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

J Mysterio wrote:
    lol! Thats ridiculous, he looks exactly like him.

It will be handy for when klopp hets his touchline ban,officials wont have a clue

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement