Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

hefferboi wrote: »
    If Lucas is fit I think he has to start. We badly missed a proper dm last Thursday and Dortmund could really open us up down the middle. I can't see them playing as poorly going forward as they did again and the back 4 needs some real protection.

I'd be surprised giving can and Milner are a cert to start and Allen has done well lately, the only think I could imagine going against Allen starting is that when he comes off the bench as a sub he's been extremely tidy so maybe that will play on klopps mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

BVB are preparing a tribute for the Hillsborough anniversary on Friday for the game.

Also I'm not a fan of the 50/50 scarfs but I really couldn't think of a better team to have them with.

Never would have considered one before, but this might be the game where I break my duck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Its nice to be back in the position to cherry pick Europe's best talents...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/215899-sturridge-warns-dortmund-we-re-not-in-awe-of-anyone

Sturridge then added with a smile: "It’s like when you’re playing a final on FIFA and you’re playing against your mate. You’ve all put £20 in the middle and there’s £100.

"The pressure’s on, your palms are sweaty, but as you get into the game, the nerves go away and you enjoy it. And that’s exactly what it’s like!"

You heard it here first lads - real life is akin to betting £100 on a few games of FIFA with your mate's... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/215899-sturridge-warns-dortmund-we-re-not-in-awe-of-anyone

Sturridge then added with a smile: "It’s like when you’re playing a final on FIFA and you’re playing against your mate. You’ve all put £20 in the middle and there’s £100.

"The pressure’s on, your palms are sweaty, but as you get into the game, the nerves go away and you enjoy it. And that’s exactly what it’s like!"

You heard it here first lads - real life is akin to betting £100 on a few games of FIFA with your mate's... :/

I always balls it up when there's cash on the line. Lucky I'm not starting on Thursday, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

For those over for the game:

https://twitter.com/TheKop/status/719901711398252545

Statement/info:

en6wBJ8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Coutinho nominated for PFA Young Player of the Year (no Martial - ha!). This is his last chance methinks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Cf7AvNBW8AAbTEn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Coutinho nominated for PFA Young Player of the Year (no Martial - ha!). This is his last chance methinks! :D

Delle Ali is surely a lock for it.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Delle Ali is surely a lock for it.

Himself or Kane, presumably.

Knex. wrote: »
    Himself or Kane, presumably.

If he doesn't get POTY, I suppose, which will probably go to one of him or Vardy.

YPOTY really ought to be more like a Rookie of the Year type award, like they have in major league baseball. Kane is still a young man, obviously, but is he really a "young player" at this stage, with 78 league appearances for Spuds? Same for Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If he doesn't get POTY, I suppose, which will probably go to one of him or Vardy.

YPOTY really ought to be more like a Rookie of the Year type award, like they have in major league baseball. Kane is still a young man, obviously, but is he really a "young player" at this stage, with 78 league appearances for Spuds? Same for Coutinho.

Just have it like the Grammys, so many awards that there's no real value to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Delle Alli Could have went to Liverpool and they turned him down.

I know most of ye know that already but Id thought Id say it.

mikeym wrote: »

Makes me ****ing sick every time I see him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Disagree with that. In baseball there's a lot fewer transfers in from foreign leagues compared to the EPL. So anybody playing in Japan or Korea for 10 years can transfer to an MLB team and be in the running for Rookie of the Year. They don't win it often but you have older players in contention.

For instance Byung-Ho Park of the Twins is nearly 30 years old but is a rookie this year. (Not that he'll win the prize)

If you applied the same rules to the EPL you could have Zlatan Ibrahimovic winning the award next year at the age of 35 (after presumably moving to one of the Manchester clubs) as he would be a rookie if you make it like Major League Baseball.

YPOTY should be for young players only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wouldn't Mahrez be in with a shout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why did liverpool turn him down exactly?
    Money or did the einsteins there just not rate hom ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

18 years ago today, what a team and what a performance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Easy to criticise it in hindsight. Don't think anybody here gave it a second thought at the time.

Although 'The Rodgers' probably would have loaned him out without having ever played a game for us, or shoehorned him in at left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I wonder what the future holds for Markovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wonder what the future holds for Markovic.

Reckon he'll get a year with us anyway, especially with it likely Ibe will be sold or loaned out. I wonder if Markovic had anything to do with Ibe's wee strop recently too, since he's back at Melwood now. Just a thought, but if Markovic is being given some assurance of game time next year, I imagine it would piss off Ibe, who stuck around and isn't playing much. They're clearly in direct competition for places too as the only wide speedsters we have.

I really hope the string of injuries he's had this season aren't a sign of things to come though. But he's looked like he's growing into himself at least, much stronger physically on the ball.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wouldn't Mahrez be in with a shout?

He should, as should Kante, but it's a popularity contest as much as anything.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

I really hope the string of injuries he's had this season aren't a sign of things to come though. But he's looked like he's growing into himself at least, much stronger physically on the ball.

He could do with a dose of whatever Origis eating:D

He could do with a dose of whatever Origis eating:D

F365 have an article today about Rodgers 2014 signings, which is an interesting one when thinking of Markovic. All the signings Rodgers made looked like disasters (Can aside) until Klopp came in. Lallana, Origi, Lovren etc look like completely different players nowadays. It's not inconceivable the trend could continue with Markovic, who we've seen play very well for other clubs under other managers.

I've love to see Lazar given a year under Klopp before we give up...there's just so much raw talent there.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Easy to criticise it in hindsight. Don't think anybody here gave it a second thought at the time.

Although 'The Rodgers' probably would have loaned him out without having ever played a game for us, or shoehorned him in at left back.

Like he did with Sturridge & Coutinho :D

0.5/10 turty kid for that effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

F365 have an article today about Rodgers 2014 signings, which is an interesting one when thinking of Markovic. All the signings Rodgers made looked like disasters (Can aside) until Klopp came in. Lallana, Origi, Lovren etc look like completely different players nowadays. It's not inconceivable the trend could continue with Markovic, who we've seen play very well for other clubs under other managers.

I've love to see Lazar given a year under Klopp before we give up...there's just so much raw talent there.

It's almost as if expecting all your signings to be brilliant immediately is ****ing stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I understand the sentiment but these players were always going to need some time to gel and settle.

I still feel a little bad for Rodgers to be honest. There was a lot of bad luck the season he was let go between Suarez gone, sturridge injured etc.

Anyway, happy where we are now and onwards and upwards with Kloppo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

hefferboi wrote: »
    If Lucas is fit I think he has to start. We badly missed a proper dm last Thursday and Dortmund could really open us up down the middle. I can't see them playing as poorly going forward as they did again and the back 4 needs some real protection.

I love Lucas but he is not match fit, starting him could hand the impetus to Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Turtyturd wrote: »

It's fun too!

Criticise in hindsight or praise with foresight?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kfallon wrote: »
    18 years ago today, what a team and what a performance!

I wish it was only 18 years ago! Time flies.

Never go full nervol

lfctrainingdortmund7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bout time he lost that hideous goatee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So we're the only unbeaten team left in Europe now.

Go us.

So we're the only unbeaten team left in Europe now.

Go us.

Also, Utd haven't beaten us in Euopre in 124 years. That's 6448 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Also, Utd haven't beaten us in Euopre in 124 years. That's 6448 weeks.

I like your stat more :)

That being the case, how many 'big signings' (for want of a better term) are we looking at this summer? Are we looking at evolutionary progress from the Rodgers era? 2 to 3 key players?

That being the case, how many 'big signings' (for want of a better term) are we looking at this summer? Are we looking at evolutionary progress from the Rodgers era? 2 to 3 key players?

I really hope so. I only want to see match-starter level quality. Let our depth come from the current first teamers.

Top quality keeper, top quality left back, then maybe a wing-forward/striker (Alex Texeira/Sanchez/Suarez type). We already have Grujic and Matip...i'm happy enough with this being the only additions in CM and CB. Though i'd like that to be informed by the medical condition of Henderson...if he looks like he'll be back to his peak then I think we're ok. If he's not going to be the same again, at least in the medium term, then we could do with an option in CM - someone different to Milner/Hendo/Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We already have Grujic and Matip...i'm happy enough with this being the only additions in CM and CB. Though i'd like that to be informed by the medical condition of Henderson...if he looks like he'll be back to his peak then I think we're ok. If he's not going to be the same again, at least in the medium term, then we could do with an option in CM - someone different to Milner/Hendo/Can.

Not happy with our options at CM at all, we lack genuine quality here even with a fully fit Henderson.....not sure theres enough to suggest that Grujic is starting quality at this point. Henderson/Milner/Can/Lucas/Allen/Grujic are a competent enough CM selection but we do lack a certain guile in the centre. Can/Lucas operate better deeper, Milner is better out wide, Allen does a competent job but he doesn't exactly run a game from the midfield regularly, Henderson when fully fit is probably better in a more advanced role than at CM but is easily our best CM.

I'd put a quality CM addition as top of my imaginary wish transfer list anyway.

• Advertisement

Match Day. Excited for a game for the first time since 13/14 season.

As the song goes I got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

murpho999 wrote: »
    Match Day. Excited for a game for the first time since 13/14 season.

As the song goes I got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night.

You asked for it :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Get. That. Out. Of. Here...

Grayditch wrote: »
    Get. That. Out. Of. Here...

We deserve to lose now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*ck finals, quarter finals are where the excitement is at.

<snip>

MODS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

This feels almost like FIFA with money on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Work is gonna draaag on.

Well I didn't really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Vicxas wrote: »
    Work is gonna draaag on.

I know - the excitement I'm feeling this morning is reminiscent of those big European nights under Houllier and Benitez.

Hoping for a big ****ing atmosphere, and for us to go at them from the off. Press savagely and take the game to them. One time!!

stock-vector-panda-holding-winning-trophy-flat-style-vector-illustration-on-green-background-national-emblem-371665894.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement