Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brazilian youth prospect Allan linked with loan to Belgian side Sint-Truidense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

A loan bid for us to sign oddegard was turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Brazilian youth prospect Allan linked with loan to Belgian side Sint-Truidense

No point signing him. Wed mix him up with Welsh Xavi/Spanish Pirlo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Because we desperately need another number 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did we not already sign Allan though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was always expected to go out on loan again after coming back from Finland once the window opened I thought as he hasn't got a UK work permit yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

stevencaulker4
    I think on Saturday morning I would have had shorter odds to win the lotto than to be making my Liverpool debut UPFRONT 4 days later lol! What an honour 🙌🏾⚽️ #godisgood #lfc
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BAgznmnBLQW/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

#godisgood.

Cue Caulker managing 2 games for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Tusky wrote: »
    I don't agree with that. His main issue is that he rarely does anything productive with the ball. He will beat two men and then trip up or run into a third. He will get into a great position and hit the ball directly into a defender or over hit a cross etc.

I'd agree with that, but for some reason I am patient and think he will come good. A bit like Clyne, he has pace to burn, and can beat players and dribble competently, and he's young and seems to be very strong technically, so I am hopeful he will improve with his final ball/crossing. In fairness, last night, nearly everyone was guilty of poor passing/final ball on several occasions. We had so many chances to open them up with a good ball when breaking forward and we made a balls of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

360 degree view of Anfield (or what Lallana does all game)

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Twitter is saying that Bogdan is up for sale.

Throw in Mig as a Brucie Bonus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Did we not already sign Allan though?

Yeah, Allan is our player, the loan link is for him to go back out on loan since his last loan spell Finnished up a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, Allan is our player, the loan link is for him to go back out on loan since his last loan spell Finnished up a while back.

Oh I see what you did there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

im actually waiting for the news matip has done his hammy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

On last night's game. I don't know why we put some as mentality and physically weak as Lallana on the front post. He's not the sort who will ever put his body on the line or stick his head in where it will hurt. He's made a few errors this season on the front post that have led to goals, I hope he's not in that position ever again. I'm not sure Henderson or Can will ever be a good midfield pairing. Can has time at least. They both aren't good enough to read a game to be good as the defensive side. They're very much reactive players who will spot the danger and use their physical skill set to try and stop it where as a player like Lucas is much better as sensing where the danger will be and positioning himself to stop it before it starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Augme wrote: »
    On last night's game. I don't know why we put some as mentality and physically weak as Lallana on the front post. He's not the sort who will ever put his body on the line or stick his head in where it will hurt. He's made a few errors this season on the front post that have led to goals, I hope he's not in that position ever again. I'm not sure Henderson or Can will ever be a good midfield pairing. Can has time at least. They both aren't good enough to read a game to be good as the defensive side. They're very much reactive players who will spot the danger and use their physical skill set to try and stop it where as a player like Lucas is much better as sensing where the danger will be and positioning himself to stop it before it starts.

What a post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bogdan heartbroken today.

106eanb.jpg

Augme wrote: »
    .....I'm not sure Henderson or Can will ever be a good midfield pairing. Can has time at least. They both aren't good enough to read a game to be good as the defensive side. They're very much reactive players who will spot the danger and use their physical skill set to try and stop it where as a player like Lucas is much better as sensing where the danger will be and positioning himself to stop it before it starts.

Klopp doesn't seem overly keen on Lucas, not featuring at all against a team that attacks like arsenal, both Milner & can coming off.

I didn't think he'd feature too much when Henderson & Milner were back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Probably asked before, but is Caulker a loan-to-buy, or just a loan? Or is that even known yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Probably asked before, but is Caulker a loan-to-buy, or just a loan? Or is that even known yet?

I think Klopp sees him in the loan striker role as Benteke isn't up to it.

Augeo wrote: »
    Klopp doesn't seem overly keen on Lucas, not featuring at all against a team that attacks like arsenal, both Milner & can coming off.

I think Klopp is a pragmatic 'horses for courses' kind of guy. We saw how important he considered Lucas in the Chelsea game. Arsenal's threat was a different one, which I'm guessing Klopp reckoned called for more mobile players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

If he does well and qpr stay in the championship I'm sure they'll probably want to offload him altogether, could get a good deal if he plays well.

I think Klopp is a pragmatic 'horses for courses' kind of guy. We saw how important he considered Lucas in the Chelsea game. Arsenal's threat was a different one, which I'm guessing Klopp reckoned called for more mobile players.

Dunno, he clearly doesn't rate a defensive midfielder if he didn't bring him on when we were chasing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So who would people target for a new keeper in the summer? I think Casper Schmichaels progress has been good this season though I don't think he commands his CBs enough for what we need. I'm not sure of who might be available on the continent but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the PL that would be the right fit and who we could actually get

• Advertisement

Henderson wasn't available for the Chelsea game.

Henderson wasn't available for Chelsea game
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Dunno, he clearly doesn't rate a defensive midfielder if he didn't bring him on when we were chasing the game.

Or at the start to shield Toure and a match unfit sakho, thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Boards as broken as Daniel Sturridge again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So who would people target for a new keeper in the summer? I think Casper Schmichaels progress has been good this season though I don't think he commands his CBs enough for what we need. I'm not sure of who might be available on the continent but there doesn't seem to be anyone in the PL that would be the right fit and who we could actually get
    I don't know about Klopp getting a new keeper. Iirc, the Dortmund fans were looking for Weidenfeller to be replaced for years but Klopp stuck with him. And with Mig getting a new contract now, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fraiser foster is back after a year out, was very impressive before injury

• Advertisement

Henderson wasn't available for Chelsea game

I'm talking about the fact that even though Lucas was very nearly sent off, and everyone and their mother was screaming for him to be swapped off for Allen, Klopp held firm with Lucas screening the back four - afterwards saying something along the lines of; "We could not change this position, we had to work with his experience".

We have plenty of games, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Lucas back in midfield against Man U.

Thought henderson was excellent last night really covered extra blade of grass. The perfect box to box performance, dominated the midfield. Where does he get the energy from? Can was flat out on his feet but our captain just kept going and going. Perfect cross to benteke for the header to allen.

Saw a great pic on rawk a fella at the match took. Game was over and henderson was talking to benteke on the edge of the box, pointing at the 6 yard box telling him that's where you need to be. Great to see from the captain.

Is Boards as broken as Daniel Sturridge again?

Broken is his it's regular state now (has been for about 18 6 months at this stage), just take it as a bonus whenever he's fit it's working.

Problem with lucas is he isn't mobile enough. Look at the amount of ground henderson and can covered in the 1st half last night. The pace of the game was crazy at one stage no way lucas could keep up with that.

Lucas is best at screening the back 4, if you want relentless pressing like Klopp wants that is a position wasted on lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

CYtVU1HWYAM6kk-.jpg

I need to have a lie down cos I'm obviously hallucinating.

He has a few games where he doesn't do anything horrific and he wins POTM? Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't be hatin' :D

The FA cup replay is on Wednesday 20th and Danny Ward cannot play as he was not in at the club when the game was first played, so Mignolet then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CYtVU1HWYAM6kk-.jpg

I need to have a lie down cos I'm obviously hallucinating.

He has a few games where he doesn't do anything horrific and he wins POTM? Jaysus.

It's the whole, be really really shoite when making first impressions and then improve to your normal level, which is only okay, and people will think you're great.
    I do it all the time. Haven't gotten to the second stage where I improve though.

That Moreno lad eh, pure muck.

rob316 wrote: »
    Problem with lucas is he isn't mobile enough. Look at the amount of ground henderson and can covered in the 1st half last night. The pace of the game was crazy at one stage no way lucas could keep up with that.

Lucas is best at screening the back 4, if you want relentless pressing like Klopp wants that is a position wasted on lucas.

This was always going to be a high intensity game alright with end to end football. Plenty of others won't be though, and will call for a cooler head, watching the space and anticipating attacks. Lucas is still much better at that side of the game than Henderson or Can. That's exactly what a squad is for - giving you options to best deal with the situation at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Don't be hatin' :D

The FA cup replay is on Wednesday 20th and Danny Ward cannot play as he was not in at the club when the game was first played, so Mignolet then.

Give Fulton a go sure :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on here that Sakho wasn't match fit. I don't buy that. Not fully recovered from his injury perhaps, but not match fit? He was out for a couple of weeks, not months.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's the whole, be really really shoite when making first impressions and then improve to your normal level, which is only okay, and people will think you're great.
    I do it all the time. Haven't gotten to the second stage where I improve though.

That Moreno lad eh, pure muck.

F*cking state of his shots last night.

5starpool wrote: »
    ....Not fully recovered from his injury perhaps, but not match fit? .....

If you aren't fully recovered from an injury than surely not match fit is an appropriate description ?

Also if you don't play matches for a couple of weeks while also not training you wouldn't be match fit.

Seems fairly apt to use the term not match fit imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on here that Sakho wasn't match fit. I don't buy that. Not fully recovered from his injury perhaps, but not match fit? He was out for a couple of weeks, not months.

Apparently he was a doubt for the match until the morning of the game. I think "not match fit" would be an appropriate enough description to be honest when you're only passing late fitness tests on the day of the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My definition of match fit is something like "uninjured, but not able to last the pace of the game due to lacking the necessary stamina due to a longish period of relative inactivity". Being out for a couple of weeks after a good run of games doesn't count imo. Being not fully fit seems to be what ye are describing, at least to my definitions anyhow.

yeah, it's like he World Class thing, everyone likely has their own objective definition for it.

For me, match fit means totally fit, sharp, and not carrying any hints of injury. So i'd never say someone just coming back from an injury they'd be conscious of would be match fit.

............ Being not fully fit seems to be what ye are describing, at least to my definitions anyhow.

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sakho was fit enough to play for 90 odd minutes. Klopp wouldn't have played him otherwise. Making excuses for him saying he wasnt match fit is a cop out in my opinion. He also seems to get a few games grace as well when he does come back from injury, because apparently he needs a few games to get back to his best. He went toe to toe with Giroud last night and lost out. Simple as. People just need to call it as it is and stop making excuses for the lad. Hopefully he has a better game against United.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Sakho was fit enough to play for 90 odd minutes. Klopp wouldn't have played him otherwise. Making excuses for him saying he wasnt match fit is a cop out in my opinion. He also seems to get a few games grace as well when he does come back from injury, because apparently he needs a few games to get back to his best. He went toe to toe with Giroud last night and lost out. Simple as. People just need to call it as it is and stop making excuses for the lad. Hopefully he has a better game against United.

Reminds me a lot of what is said about Lovren to be honest, oh he needs to get games under his belt, etc. He misses a few games & people make excuses before he even plays.
    He just isn't very good tbh. Doesn't bully opposition players ever despite being a big fella, looks clumsy & lumbering most of the time, like he's about to fall over.
    Definitely need to upgrade at centre back in the summer as those 2 & Skrtel don't inspire confidence. I'm assuming Mignolet is a dead man walking at this stage if we want to make any progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

fraiser foster is back after a year out, was very impressive before injury
    I would agree, but it would appear that his knee is a time bomb.

I read recently that the rupture he suffered is due to a type of tendinitis called "jumper's knee". The root cause is excessive jumping which causes the tendon to become inflamed and weakens to the point where it snaps. The injury is very likely to re-occur if the individual doesn't rest the knee sufficiently after exercise.

He'll have to manage the condition for the rest of his career so we'll have to wait and see if it affects how he performs on the pitch.

There's a theoretical cure which involves reconstruction using stem cells but he will be long retired before it becomes a reality.

In the meantime I'm not sure whether any club will take a gamble on paying a transfer fee or a big salary for a goalkeeper that could break their knee by jumping too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fcuk, I had Joan Collins in the pool.

Just don't have Michael Barrymore in it, or you'll be next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement