Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm the same when I see the Shevchenko double chance in extra time 11 years ago. Always in awe of those saves.

Yeah, I feel that every time I watch a replay of Gudjohnen's miss in '05, he'll eventually score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corwill wrote: »
    Some of the stuff he pulled tonight, we would be burning Skrtel in effigy for. Probably should have gotten the line.

The commentators were saying how smart Hummels was for pulling Origi back early in the second half because he wouldn't have caught him for the squared ball.

Skrtl used to do it but he's labeled a moron :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

To be honest Turty, I think Milner deserves a lot of credit for keeping plugging away. The crowd were really on his back with those crap corners but his head didn't drop and he put in a great cross to top off an excellent night and a nigh on unbelievable come back.
    A lesser player would have dropped his head and hid but Slippin' Jimmy just keeps on going.
    It's not his fault Klopp plays him in the middle instead of Joe Allen.

Having said that, I hope we get someone in to improve on his position and Milner is regalated to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why am I nervous at the last minute free kick for Dortmund in the highlights on Utv

It looked to go very very close.....not that we'll ever see a replay :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'll be up all night looking at crap like this :D

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/720726182396825601

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why am I nervous at the last minute free kick for Dortmund in the highlights on Utv

It never goes away , does it :)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Milner's last minute cross wouldn't redeem his sh!te performance despite how some kids will try and spin it.

:):)

Don't feed the troll came to mind when I read that chaps ;)
    8-10 wrote: »
    I disagree. Corners were stupidly bad and he gave the ball away a couple of times but he also pressed well, won the ball back well and was better in possession than he was last week.

Offensively he could have done better maybe but not a poor performance by any means.

I agree that Firmino was poor also, I think himself and Lallana were the obvious substitute candidates when the changes happened and Klopp got it spot on.
    He set up Coutinho's goal too in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

8-10 wrote: »
    Honestly can't fault a single player tonight (bar Lallana obvs)

:p

milner???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My player reviews for tonight

All of them = Immense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Busts Jr(6) had to go to bed at half time. He wasnt very happy. Im going to say nothing and let him watch the highlights before school.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Busts Jr(6) had to go to bed at half time. He wasnt very happy. Im going to say nothing and let him watch the highlights before school.:D

You, Sir, are a horrible parent!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is no Champions league for winning the Fa cup
    I think that's important to point out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

milner???

Assisted half our goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

8 goals in 2 games, we're getting back to 2013 scoring levels now

Tonight, I think, we started a new generation of players that will "get it", when it comes to knowing what the Club and its fans are about, and what the big stages in Europe are meant to be in Anfield.

Listen to that, and tell me the likes of Origi, Clyne, and Can won't be killing themselves to experience something like that again. Its the reason players that have long left the club, like Alonso, still clearly hold such affection for it after all these years. You have the fans making that noise, you've ran yourself dead for 90 minutes, and you've secured a miraculous result that nobody would predict.

Klopp's era has begun.

Lol, and with that I'm off to bed.

Great night lads. Love these Thursday night omnibus specials!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

That win could be huge for us. Defenses are all about the partnership and i wonder if that could be the making of Lovren and Sakho... at the end of that game they looked like brothers. Both prone to mental errors but tbh show me the defenders who don't?

Origi... i honestly can't describe my feelings for him. He's not just playing we'll he's dominating big strong good centerhalves. While playing on his own up top. He looked bigger than Lovren and Sakho too... the sky is the limit for him. With him and Can being prob our key performers tonight maybe the committee wasn't so bad. Tho they did buy Mario...

What a night.. how can anyone sleep after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really no need for that type of posting. If you think Turty is talking ****e, and he is as usual, call him out on it.
    To be honest your posts often come across as childish and passive aggressive. No place for that in here.
    You need to post irrevalvant stuff, over reactions, hindsighted content, pandas, thank whoring, hype train stuff or all of the above at once.
    But always, keep it classy.

While I somewhat agree with what you've said, that part basically describes every single of one of us! :D

It was a real Kloppy Balboa night.
    I must admit at 1-3 I watched a rocky clip on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads Sakho walked out of the stadium to mingle with the fans. Even if you don't rate him how can you not love him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I sent the kids to bed at half time as well but woke them a few times in the second half:D...What a fcuking night!!

No way you didn't wake him up roaring your head off! :pac:

If you did elsewhere I'm sorry but I only saw you imply he was trolling. So, if you did elsewhere I apologise.

Yeah but we're classy and not passive aggressive and those are the posts I like. And if you agree, thank the post Marty!

Implying he is trolling is calling him out on it.

Passive agressive? God love ya, you must find life awful.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lads Sakho walked out of the stadium to mingle with the fans. Even if you don't rate him how can you not love him...

He declared Liverpool as a country earlier. He's going on a rampage tonight. Forget about brexit, it's time for a Sakho led Livexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nearly busted a vein in my head trying not to scream and wake the missus and my 18 month old.

Hardest. Thing. Ever.

I think we've turned a new corner, that never say never mentality hasn't been present in a very long time.

Reddit thread with the highlights, build up, post match, full match etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/4esuxp/liverpool_vs_borussia_dortmund_uefa_europa_league/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Its a win for Lucky Lloyd! :D

I got the big match threads boys, no fear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Newcastle fan here, unbelievable stuff tonight.

We got Rafa and Wer glad of that, but any chance of that mad German bastard when yer finished with him???

Seriously though, I think ye have an absolute legend in the making at the helm, night like tonight can create a certain psyche in a team and I think a Liverpool team under klopp will never lie down or give up, especially after tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

So the toffees wont be in Europe next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is there anywhere I could get a recording of this match?? Wasn't able to catch t but sounds like a thumper of a game...

Calling someone a troll is against the rules, I thought.

So is back seat modding, report the posts I make that you feel are passive agressive and let the mods do their job, seems as you mention rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Congrats to ye guys, I know I love to diss ye but delighted for Benteke :D

If you did elsewhere I'm sorry but I only saw you imply he was trolling. So, if you did elsewhere I apologise.

Yeah but we're classy and not passive aggressive and those are the posts I like. And if you agree, thank the post Marty!

Somewhat agree, so you get a somewhat thank.

I thanked it and then unthanked it after 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Feels like days ago now but the first two Liverpool goals were actually crackers. The last two weren't bad either for different reasons.

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »

He tries so hard that that passion can affect performance. He has all the tools and is immense on his day.
    I think in league if you can't score he will look bad as in league everyone scores against everyone so if you can't over come going a goal down then the focus is on why we went a goal down, Sakho, Lovern... But tonight we over came their mistakes so there is no focus on them tonight, but for Dortmunds first two goals one could argue about their positioning.
    As long as we are scoring I don't mind Sakho or Lovern making a mistake here and there. Early in season if we conceded a goal it was game over and the blame game was all we cared about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think we've turned a new corner, that never say never mentality hasn't been present in a very long time.

Hopefully Milner's not taking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vicxas wrote: »

It's been building all season. People laughed when Klopp and the players acknowledged the fans after the West Brom game... Who's laughing now bitches?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

5starpool wrote: »
    Better in purely banter terms though would be:

Leicester
    Spurs
    West Ham
    Man Utd

With City winning the CL and us winning the EL meaning Utd finish 4th but miss out.

Interesting scenario posted a few weeks ago which just became that little bit more possible this week- both Man U's biggest rivals are now just 270 minutes away from European glory and with City away to Chelsea and Man U playing Villa the gap to 4th could be a single point after the weekend. I wonder if the performance clause in Van Gaal's contract states "finish top 4 in the Premier League" or "qualify for the Champions League." If it's the former they might have to pay £7M to get rid of him...

.... but for Dortmunds first two goals one could argue about their positioning...........

It's impossible to do the right thing all the time. Could fault BD for our goals too, that's football, why we watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Wow

Dat heavy metal football

I hurt my neck . Now I'm in agony.
    But we won so its cool.
    I literally can't turn my head left to right or up and down.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I got the big match threads boys, no fear

I did the heavy lifting in the first leg by keeping us in it. Wasn't as glamorous as tonight but just as important.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Somewhat agree, so you get a somewhat thank.

I thanked it and then unthanked it after 5 seconds.

Ive reported you being an anti-thank whore. Ya bastard.

Linda - 'We may have spunked all over our lovely clean sheet but fcuk it we got over excited.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lots of criticism for Sakho tonight on the goals but he did make some key tackles and scored.

Worse for me was Moreno, he was out of position for the first two goals. He's a defensive liability.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lots of criticism for Sakho tonight on the goals but he did make some key tackles and scored.

Worse for me was Moreno, he was out of position for the first two goals. He's a defensive liability.

I don't think he's even a footballer, he's just playing for the hugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I hurt my neck . Now I'm in agony.
    But we won so its cool.
    I literally can't turn my head left to right or up and down.

Will you be ok for the final..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Coutinho had just passed to him instead of Dortmund Moreno would have scooped in a perfect ball to attack.

Augeo wrote: »
    So is back seat modding, report the posts I make that you feel are passive agressive and let the mods do their job, seems as you mention rules.

One of the best nights in years and you can't enjoy it...

Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Milner does some very poor things. I'm not his biggest fan either. But I thought the way he kept his head was very impressive. Getting lots of stick but can always pop up with a crucial assist or goal & has huge work rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

This just about sums up tonight for me....
    https://twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/720743916673351684

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement