Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »

That made me emotional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I've been critical as hell about him before but Joe Allen has been immense lately. Really hope he gets a new contract. He was our Didi this evening.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Milner does some very poor things. I'm not his biggest fan either. But I thought the way he kept his head was very impressive. Getting lots of stick but can always pop up with a crucial assist or goal & has huge work rate.

Milner getting lots of stick from abject idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think it's worth mentioning that we had 5 players on a booking tonight, and none of them got a yellow. You get a clean slate after the quarters so now we have a full squad for the semis, barring injuries of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, the Man U thread is absolutely comical reading. From about a quarter past eight onwards, it's a pure joy to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augeo wrote: »

Doesn't get a fair crack because of his wages.

He some man for the assists tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A1E4iSo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't call them idiots. Milner was very frustating during the match but delivered in the end & has a great attitude. But I can understand why he got some stick tbh. His corners were painfully bad at times. Not sure why u keep going on about it. Move on & enjoy the win.

• Advertisement

Busts Jr(6) had to go to bed at half time. He wasnt very happy. Im going to say nothing and let him watch the highlights before school.:D

He WILL plot his revenge. You have been warned......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That sakho/Lovren faceoff was class. The new bash brothers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lots of criticism for Sakho tonight on the goals but he did make some key tackles and scored.

Worse for me was Moreno, he was out of position for the first two goals. He's a defensive liability.

Don't know how you can say that... sure he was offering the overlap when Coutinho misplaced a pass.

We all know his limitations defensively but tonight showed how much he brings to the table when it comes to our attacks. With a player like Origi up top to pull defenders out of position, morenos runs force the fullbacks to deal with him and a cb has to come over to Origi. Its been super effective. I hope he becomes a better defender but even if he doesn't there's bigger fish to fry than a new left back for me. Tho some competition would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yawn, that was my point regarding the turd, you can Hmmmmm and amateur analyse all you want of course, I posted after the match that it was BRILLIANT :)

Since i posted that Owanwhatever is following me about backseatmodding

Jesus H Christ! I apologised if I missed your post, where you debated your point about Milner and I have tried to be cordial with you but there you go with the passive aggressive stuff again.

You're pathetic and you're always at this **** but then claim that you're not. We've had some jive turkey posters in here over the years but apart from the pure trolling ones, they've usually had some good points despite the jiving and I miss most of them.
    You sir are without any merit in my view and are my first addition to my ignore list.
    I'll likely get a card for this but it's late, I've a slight headache and I've to be up early tomorrow, so I don't care.

And it's Owaynott, very easy to get right.

0a129fda49q6sky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nearly busted a vein in my head trying not to scream and wake the missus and my 18 month old.

Hardest. Thing. Ever.

I think we've turned a new corner, that never say never mentality hasn't been present in a very long time.

Your wife told me that the Hardest. Thing. Ever. is why you have the 18 month old

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    .... enjoy the win.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the win.
    I think criticism of a chap who got two assists tonight is unwarranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Another groupie

Did you miss where I said it was brilliant or are you ignoring it? Honest question please answer or keep your crap to yourself.

I thought tonight was brilliant, I didn't think turty moaning and crying about Milner post match was timely so I called him out on it.

siince than some chaps that like turty are having a pop

Perhaps join their watsapp group if you like them so much, personally I'll stay here thanks.

Ok we get it. Now lets just all leave it and not ruin the thread on a night when it shouldn't be ruined. We should all just be talking about how Rafa told Origi to grow a goatee which has given him superpowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Another groupie

Perhaps join their watsapp group if you like them so much, personally I'll stay here thanks.

There's a Whatsapp group? Why was I not informed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There's a Whatsapp group? Why was I not informed?

You didn't get my snapchat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

0a129fda49q6sky.gif

WUgI0h4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Divock Origi. Sweet baby jesus

He has a bit of Anelka about him, with a bit of Drogba thrown in for good measure.

Looks like we could have one of the best young strikers in Europe on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That made me emotional.

Same here.

A1E4iSo.jpg

Full Neverol in its accepted form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I have to give huge credit to Sturridge for orchestrating the winner. He demanded it from Milner and after a slight ms-control he controlled it and played in Milner beautifully through the legs of Dormund defender.
    Its this build up that put it on a plate for Lovern to head in the winner.
    So well done to Daniel for his quick thinking and his ability to pull off what he planned to do, which was to create one more chance, because in last 2 minutes before this Dortmund pushed high up and pressed and we could not get close to their goal.
    Big thanks to Sturridge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

ah lads

Chelsea fan here.

Fair F*cks to ye. Absolutely MAGNIFICENT!

The best game in years. Even the Missus got into it.

This is how real teams are made, not by Powerpoint Presentations, notes or endless analyses.

They are made by the Organic and emotional bond of an incredible night, the team the manager and the fans all one Giant Force of power. fighting against all the odds and winning by a nose.

Delighted for ye! Win it now.

Tigerbaby

price690 wrote: »
    Divock Origi. Sweet baby jesus

He has a bit of Anelka about him, with a bit of Drogba thrown in for good measure.

Looks like we could have one of the best young strikers in Europe on our hands.

+1 billion.

The guy's confidence and ability appear to be growing by the second.

https://twitter.com/DivockOrigi/status/720738388257730565

Just thinking back to many posters who say they would rather not be in the Europa League or not to take it serious if in it.

It''s really an awful attitude. Look at what it has given us this season.

A victory over Utd that superseded their league wins against us.

A famous match tonight that will go down in Anfield folklore for years to come.
    I have not felt as emotional about a match since we lost against Chelsea, beat Man City 2 weeks before in 2014, Istanbul, and winning UEFA cup in 2001.

We now have a chance, albeit very difficult still, to add a major European trophy to our roll of honours that will be there forever unlike a Top 4 league finish.

Plus the chance to qualify for next season's Champion's League, which could be huge for the club in terms of income, and quality of player Klopp can sign in the summer.

It really has become vital to us now and could be a huge launchpad for Klopp's Liverpool plans and career.

All thanks to the competition that many don't want to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

This.
    Turn up that volume.

YNWA before kickoff

https://streamable.com/ux6n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just thinking back to many posters who say they would rather not be in the Europa League or not to take it serious if in it.

I have not felt as emotional about a match since we lost against Chelsea, beat Man City 2 weeks before in 2014, Istanbul, and winning UEFA cup in 2001.

We now have a chance, albeit very difficult still, to add a major European trophy to our roll of honours that will be there forever unlike a Top 4 league finish.

Plus the chance to qualify for next season's Champion's League, which could be huge for the club in terms of income, and quality of player Klopp can sign in the summer.

It really has become vital to us now and could be a huge launchpad for Klopp's Liverpool plans and career.

Ach, too many people here getting on each other's case tonight. Glorious, glorious night. People don't want us in the EL? Give a ****. Unforgettable evening - enjoy it for what it is.

Only 20 years old.

What a finish to a sublime through ball by Can, I loved the way he just poked it home.

I'm starting to get the horn for Origi.

mosstin wrote: »
    Ach, too many people here getting on each other's case tonight. Glorious, glorious night. People don't want us in the EL? Give a ****. Unforgettable evening - enjoy it for what it is.

I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Not getting on anybody's case, but it's true to say that many people don't want their team to qualify for the EL.

27 years now.

JFT96.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Everything is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Meh, we're getting knocked out in Donetsk anyway.

To be honest, it's all about Bournemouth away for me. Nerves kicking in already. Europa League is overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nights like this are fantastic!

But the league still has to be priority number one. I haven't seen us win a league in my lifetime so you'll have to excuse me if I prefer going for the league over a cup.

However, it's possible to challenge for both. Hopefully tonight is a stepping stone for greater things with Klopp. Exciting times ahead.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gentlemen, enjoy the win and stop bickering with each other. Quit the backseat moderation, meanwhile some posts will be reviewed and carded/deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

What an absolutely incredible game. Got up at 5am to watch it before work. Some of our youngest players shone brightest tonight. Emre Can is an absolute warrior in midfield. Great to see him so calm in possession. Origi giving Benteke a lesson(not the first time in the past 2 weeks) on how a physical center forward can impose themselves on a game. It can be as simple as battling for a ball and shouldering defenders out of the way, something Origi has done plenty of times in the past few games. Great to see him playing with confidence and getting some goals.

Potentially 3 games away from a champions league spot with the added bonus of stopping United getting one if they finish fourth. How glorious would that be after dumping them out of the EL?! Another thing I couldn't help thinking about every time we came back was how different the attitude was as a team compared to the game against Real Madrid in the Champions League last time out. We were playing positive football, believing we could get back into it and being urged on by our manager at every opportunity. I love what Rodgers did for us in the league but my god we were cowards in the champions league. Don't think we will ever see a Liverpool team under Klopp do the same. We've just beaten arguably one of the best teams in Europe over 2 legs and Dortmund were on fire tonight.

Found myself screaming at the tv that I hope Lovren never plays for Liverpool again after he absolutely skied that volley in the box in the last 15 mins. Delighted to be made eat humble pie after he got the winner.

YNWA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Quote: downwesht
    Any true Man Utd supporter would never say well done or fairplay to that lot..........I despise them and their support.....
    The rules of this forum stop me from venting but let me say this ..... I hope they lose every game they play and don't qualify for anything especially the CL.

TXSSBx.gif

Goodnight and god bless boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Let's watch this a few more times
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BEMlpUFr5qf/

Sturridge doing the Henderson skip!

Well, well, well...

Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Allen, Lucas, Lallana, Origi, Milner out, out, out!

Anfield on a European night does it again, opposition caves because it isn't just a Liverpool team needing 3 goals, it's Istanbul, Olympiakos, St. Etiene, Inter! That corner some how got through to Sakho after Hummels doing his team talk!

Still don't want the Europa next season, I'll take the CL though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Walked in the door to work,nearly taking door off hinges ,arms alot,fists clenched, few man u fans work just inside doors....

Said nothing

tribute-to-the-hillsborough-96-on-the-kop-at-anfield-300-396047481.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jurgen Klopp agrees to become Liverpool manager

6 months on, I still can't quite believe it tbh. I'll wake up from this dream eventually.

This fcuking club... I've aged far beyond my years because of it, but christ... this fcuking club...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just woke up from this crazy dream, we were losing 3-1 with 24 mins left and ..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The directors singing YNWA at the end was funny but I read the goalkeeping coach was out in the semi circle after the 4th goal, with his clipboard in hand. Guy completely lost it!

Anyway, nice day for the Hillsborough commemoration ceremony to be held in Anfield. Sometimes it's hard to not believe in fate!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ugh...my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

8-10 wrote: »
    Ugh...my head

Ugh, mo chroi!

Still struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Ugh, mo chroi!

Still struggling.

100% worth it