Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mada999 hit the beer hard by the look of his multiple posts across threads on here last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LOL! Just LOL at everything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That win was massive for the boss. His type of game last night and we ****ing won it :cool: The Klopp era at the reds has begun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

That was wonderful, it feels great today doesn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

JFT96.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    That win was massive for the boss. His type of game last night and we ****ing won it :cool: The Klopp era at the reds has begun

Exactly;
    He said: "It was an outstanding atmosphere. We need experience like this to grow together. Now we have something like a milestone and that is really good."

This is what he came to Liverpool for, in a way I think he found it hard to believe it actually happened like it did last night.
    This can be something he can hang his hat on, he now has history with Liverpool, its not all just reputation from previous clubs, he is here ith us and it's happening.
    Lets hope it continues to happen and get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I loved that even though we were 2-0 down after 9 minutes the heads never dropped. Apart from a few hiccups, we were the better team last night and controlled the game well. Some better finishing in the 1st half and we would have gone in at 2-2. The heart and passion the boys showed to come back though, was unbelievable.

It's games like this that make me love this club so much. How the players can have us going from totally hating them to worshipping the ground they walk on within the space of 10 minutes. How our nerves get shredded on a regular basis. The seesaw of emotions. How the club can dominate your thoughts so much. How at the end of the day, win, lose or draw you cannot help but have an unconditional love for this beautiful club. I honestly do not think I could ever have felt this way about any other club and I'm so happy that the first match I remember and the reason I fell in love with the club, was the '86 Cup Final.

God bless you Liverpool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Murmurings can could be out for the season, reminds me of the red card hendo got v city in 13/14 if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think the real question after last night is 'Is Lovern Jesus?'

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tatemanz818/status/720722012902146049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

klose wrote: »
    Murmurings can could be out for the season, reminds me of the red card hendo got v city in 13/14 if true.

Start Allen, Lucas coming back, Stewart as backup.

But yeah, the way he's come along the last half dozen games, Can will be a loss. Worse again, it'll keep Milner in the centre, when now there's surely a consensus that he belongs out wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Guardian match live updates can be entertaining to read sometimes

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/apr/14/liverpool-v-borussia-dortmund-europa-league-quarter-final-live
    Football is a simple game. 22 men chase the ball for 90 minutes and at the end, Sakho and Lovren score the winners.
    GOAL! Liverpool 3-3 Dortmund (Sakho 78) (Agg: 4-4)

Sakho > Hummels. The inspirational French defender comes up from the back for the corner and nods a bouncing ball into the net at the near post! Hummels, since you ask, was hugging Lovren at the time.
    73 min: Liverpool are now throwing the kitchen sink at it, and the kitchen sink is a Croatian called Lovren. He wins a corner and then awaits a good delivery. But he is let down, as Kagawa makes an easy clearance at the near post.
    63 min: A fine first contribution from Allen, who skips between two opponents to set a Liverpool attack in motion. But Can’s subsequent cross is headed away by Hummels. Liverpool have 27 minutes to score three goals (and avoid conceding any more). If they could do it against Norwich at Carrow Road a few months ago, then surely then ca ... OK, maybe not.

An alternative, and somewhat refreshing, way to review the events, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Knex. wrote: »
    The Guardian match live updates can be entertaining to read sometimes

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/apr/14/liverpool-v-borussia-dortmund-europa-league-quarter-final-live

An alternative, and somewhat refreshing, way to review the events, I think.

I am sure there are some good reads of threads from other team forums if you look lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

One thing about last night's game -

The players never ever gave up and absolutely worked their bollocks off. I have rarely seen the likes of it, it was incredible. Klopp must have a special relationship with these players - they are willing to literally run themselves into the ground for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The threads are almost as good as the match. Just when you think everyone has covered the lad's stupidity someone else pops up with a piece of gold. Special mention to mada, doing the work of 3 men.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ardent wrote: »

The players never ever gave up and absolutely worked their bollocks off. I have rarely seen the likes of it, it was incredible. Klopp must have a special relationship with these players - they are willing to literally run themselves into the ground for him.

You also don't think that the players care about the club and fans and their own personal reputations as players as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Ardent wrote: »

100% and the fact they made that extraordinary effort right to the very end and it paid off will be indelibly etched into their DNA going forward. When they are facing an uphill task not only will they have the confidence and belief to knuckle down and go after it but the opposition will be very aware that their 2 or 3 goal lead does not mean game over and Klopps lads are coming to get them. Those sort of mental attitudes turn into major advantages. It's the sort of thing SAF instilled into Utd in their (long past) hey day. How many times did they snatch a win in the 90th minute?

Something really special is happening at Liverpool and I for one am very excited about how next season is going to shape up. What players wouldn't want to come to Liverpool to play at Anfield for a manager like Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Also have to say I am f*cking delighted for Lovern. Last night was full circle for him after the penalty miss last year. I and many others would have been happy to never see him wear the shirt again after the West Ham debacle but he has shown great testicular fortitude since that. It has been a bumpy road and I would expect a few more along the way but he looks like he belongs in the team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Cracking game for us neutrals last night. It was a throwback to the good old days of the EUFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, two teams playing their best available players and going hell for leather. A proper contest between two teams representing different league styles. So is there any chance the muppets that run EUFA will revert to knockout football from the get go next year and make this a competition that everyone who doesn't make CL football wants to be in and all fans want to watch? It looks like a no brainer to me but clearly the people who run football have less than no brains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think the real question after last night is 'Is Lovern Jesus?'

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tatemanz818/status/720722012902146049

Sorry - not following - will someone tell me the joke - im slow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Absolutely mad to think that we are just one round away from a European cup final. No doubt that Villarreal, Sevilla, and Shakhtar are all quality teams, but if we can beat Dortmund, then surely we've got a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolutely mad to think that we are just one round away from a European cup final. No doubt that Villarreal, Sevilla, and Shakhtar are all quality teams, but if we can beat Dortmund, then surely we've got a great chance.

This was my thinking, I think Sevilla will be our biggest threat, those guys love an EL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-have-got-no-history-carragher-takes-jason-cundy-sports-bar-showdown-160415192120

Cundy is devasted that Chelsea will never get any nights at Stamford Bridge that Anfield has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

ardinn wrote: »

Lads in wheelchairs behind the goals jump up to celebrate

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Lads in wheelchairs behind the goals jump up to celebrate

Are they actually in Wheelchairs though, or are they their carers?
    The clip is too fast for me to analyse in depth, looks funny though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After Loverns goal went in I lept up off the couch, the cat who was asleep beside me lept up and belted out of the room, I watched as Lovern started to run with a funny look on his face in celebration. Then I seen that he spat on himself. All I could squeal/shreak with all the emtions that were going through me where 'he spat on himself, he spat on himself'.

https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/720903581705048064

I hope we get Shakhtar. Incredible stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The guys in the red circle are all in the disabled seating and some are even in wheelchairs.

They all jump up when he scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing what a world class manger can do with someone else's players.

I really can't wait to see Klopp build his own squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The guys in the red circle are all in the disabled seating and some are even in wheelchairs.

They all jump up when he scores.

Scouse ingenuity.

Bit like Derry. The DLA is the Disability Living Allowance, except in Derry, it's the Derry Living Allowance!

The rayne Coutinho jinx is the new Yossi smells.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Considering the absolute mess Klopp inherited, it is a very encouraging to see how the spirit and mentality of his team has evolved.

The lg games against City, away to Chelsea and Dortmund last night are real indicators of what to expect in future.

Of course there have been some woeful performances too but lets not forget that in Rafa's first season our lg displays were bang average whilst
    our Euro endeavours were glorious and a precursor to the consistent relative success of the next 5 years of Rafa's reign.

It looks like we are on to a good thing with Klopp but in fairness we kinda knew that anyway, well most of us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

What times the draw in work so won't be able to see but will be checking my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

JonnyM wrote: »
    What times the draw in work so won't be able to see but will be checking my phone.

11.30 is the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Performing miracles and the resurrection. Lovren got people out of their wheelchairs allegedly and has also resurrected his Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One thing the semi final will be.

It will be a new team for Liverpool to meet in European competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fowler87 wrote: »
    That sakho/Lovren faceoff was class. The new bash brothers :D

Either for captain would be good for me.
    I'd prefer Sakho. He is just one guy you never want to meet down a dark alley, but with him you know he would run through walls for you

Oh BTW first time Liverpool beating a side that Kagawa was on.
    Poor Shinji :D:D:D

Extra weight training has turned Origi from a boy to a monster up front.

CfyhGmKWIAE06JY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Still buzzing from last night.. Hopefully we get a good draw but after last night i think we have a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

All three opponents are very good sides so all I'm asking for is to be home in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

What time is the draw?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    All three opponents are very good sides so all I'm asking for is to be home in the second leg.

Aye. In some ways, I'd rather the tougher option (possibly Sevilla) in the semis, as it would give us a chance to use Anfield in our favour.

We'll have to beat the best someway or another regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

What time is the draw?
    The ceremonial BS starts at 11:30. If it's anything like the Champions League build-up then the draw will be around 11:40-11:45.

UEFA.com Live Stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Are we not closing the thread up for today with the day that's in it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

MD1990 wrote: »
    Extra weight training has turned Origi from a boy to a monster up front.

CfyhGmKWIAE06JY.jpg

He has turned into some force alright, both games against Dortmund he bullied and battered top class defenders.

Link to draw: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2016/draws/round=2000662/index.html

Load of balls so far.

Edit: Now just four balls. Draw about to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Fans live for nights like last night.

Absolutely buzzing today despite the brass band playing in my head (shout out to Mada999:)).

But can you imagine being a fan of a club that NEVER has nights like that?

What a performance from those players last night, absolutely incredible desire and belief and hunger to come back from the dead.

Only post today, see you all tomorrow #jft96 #YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Amazing stuff last night. Been on a high all morning. Shaktar now please to top it all off!

We have Villarreal away first leg. Not bad at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Villareal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Villareal it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement