Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Donetsk home to Seville.

Villareal, away first!!

PERFECT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Liverpool Vs Villareal
    Shaktar Vs Seville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Villareal, anyone know anything about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Second most preferable team. Main thing was avoiding Sevilla imo. I'm happy. Away first is better too imo.

I think they are Spanish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ask Everton fans.....

They are about 1 hour north of Valencia on the east coast

magma69 wrote: »
    Second most preferable team. Main thing was avoiding Sevilla imo. I'm happy. Away first is better too imo.

They will be sheeting themselves, if they don't go to Anfield with a big advantage they know what they will be up against. That already gives us an advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Really after kicking into some form since Christmas. Bakambu, who they signed after 1 good season in France, has helped inspire that. Has scored a bunch for them in the last two months or so.

Super fast, and he just passes the ball into the net. Plays off Soldado (remember him?) quite well. They beat Real 1-0 there before Christmas, which helped kick them on, and drew 2-2 with Barca recently. Also beat Napoli in this competition over two legs.

They're in good form, essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ideal draw, not playing holders nor a trip to ukraine and most importantly a home time for the second leg. Villarreal are in good form and that bakambu lad is having a bit of a stormer lately. Can't wait now, only 13 days away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm sure Bailey will start at CB to try to match Origi. Very good CB & very quick. Bakambu is very dangerous as well. They are a counter attack side. But it is not a bad team to draw considering there small ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is the 2nd leg at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Will be very tough but so it should be at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The Yellow Submarine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Surely it's the best draw possible and home for 2nd leg?

What could be better? Seville tough and a trip to Ukraine avoided.

Stick Lovren on Bakambu. Worked on Aubemayang in Dortmund, he got a lot more joy out of Sakho.

Incidentally, Sakho "style" of defending with Moreno being encouraged to always push up needs to be addressed. One of them needs replacing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

cjmc wrote: »
    Is the 2nd leg at home?

Yep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The Yellow Submarine!

Let's sink them with a helter skelter performance and put them in the octopus garden and the liver bird can sing then cause tomorrow never knows what will happen in the final but it will be a hard days night to win the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Just checked Dublin -> Basel for the final with Ryanair. €724 for two return flights going out the day before the final returning the day after :(

I'm guessing a BBQ and a few beers in my gaff will do the job instead :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's a pity Villereal are sat nicely on their own in LA Liga - they won't catch the top three and they look safe from everyone behind them so they are unlikely to feel the need to play their best 11 in the league, they'd be rested for Liverpool.

That said Klopp could take the same approach, guys like Stewart, Smith, Flanno, Ojo, Ibe (?) and Branngan can all do a job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grand stuff, do you want me or to bring anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Don't wanna win it. Who wants champions league football. This cup I'd great Craic!!!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Grand stuff, do you want me or to bring anything?

A few Baps for the burgers????

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A few Baps for the burgers????

Boom, done.

Just checked Dublin -> Basel for the final with Ryanair. €724 for two return flights going out the day before the final returning the day after :(

Try flying to Zurich instead? An hours drive to Basel.

Swiss Air, Departing 11:15 on 17th, Returning at 09:10 on 19th - €183 return!

When will the KO times for the semi's be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Unbelievable win last night. Will remember that for a long time.

Villarreal in the semi should be a great game. Only know a few of their players. Bakambu will cause problems.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Boom, done.

I'll bring the salad.

What's that? BBQ's cancelled? How come??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If you were willing to spend a little more time travelling I'm sure you could do it relatively cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

When will the KO times for the semi's be announced?

I imagine it will be 8:05 like always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

They play the triple , vertical pivot with 1 fulcrum and a false number 11.
    Tricky.

Won't be able to go myself, but return flights Dublin-Liverpool for the second leg are around 40-50 euro, I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Don't wanna win it. Who wants champions league football. This cup I'd great Craic!!!

Just do a Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Very confident about the match against Villareal, Sevilla would have been a tough nut to crack.

If you were willing to spend a little more time travelling I'm sure you could do it relatively cheap.

Was thinking of brining the young lad but he has his Junior Cert a couple of weeks later so it would need to be a swift in and out.

Looked at the Villereal match also but it's a pain to get to.

Might just wait for a CL semi or final when he's in TY ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i forgot Sevilla are going for the three-peat. impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jesus, none of the broadsheets seen to have covered the game at all. I was expecting for the game to be thr headline on Sky Sports too but its not even mentioned in the main stories, only we drew Villareal. LFC.com barely even cover it due to the JFT96 anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sky minimise things they don't have rights for. Can't account for the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Alot of talk that VillaReal are a better draw than Seville , surely la Liga position would challenge that supposition ?

12 points and a much meaner defense between them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Vicxas wrote: »
    Very confident about the match against Villareal, Sevilla would have been a tough nut to crack.

Villarreal have a very strong defence, their recent 0-0 draw away to team of the moment and equally dour Atletico was an impressively dull performance and on the back of successive clean sheets.

• Advertisement

Alot of talk that VillaReal are a better draw than Seville , surely la Liga position would challenge that supposition ?

Presumably to do with Sevilla winning this two years in a row, and being a very good cup side in general. They're in the Copa Del Ray final as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sevilla have won this competition for the last 2 years so people rate them because of that.

Some teams are harder in cups than others.

I have no idea what Villareal are like but 4th in La Liga cannot be sniffed at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dfx- wrote: »
    Villarreal have a very strong defence, their recent 0-0 draw away to team of the moment and equally dour Atletico was an impressively dull performance and on the back of successive clean sheets.

They're not to be sniffed at for sure, they've won or drawn their last 6 games in all competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I've watched the extended highlights 5 or 6 times already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I really am not buying into the agrument about which of the spainish teams are better/ worse. After last night it makes no difference to me.
    To win the tournament we have to beat 2 out of the 3 other teams left anyway.
    I'm not interested to merely reach a final and not win the competition
    Avoding travel to the ukraine and 2nd leg at home were all i hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I've watched the extended highlights 5 or 6 times already.

I'll be booking a meeting room in the office and taking this in a few more times today....skype call boss, honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

klose wrote: »
    Mada999 hit the beer hard by the look of his multiple posts across threads on here last night

just had a few quiet ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Was it mada999 who used to multi post here as well?

He went all out last night :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement