Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Alot of talk that VillaReal are a better draw than Seville , surely la Liga position would challenge that supposition ?

12 points and a much meaner defense between them

Man Utd are better than Liverpool so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

An amazing tweet I saw from a Man City fan.
    'Right, if we win the CL and Liverpool win the Europa can we share an open top bus and just circle it around Old Trafford for 5 hours?'

Just brilliant. I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A rare piece of good humour from a Citizen (they really are a twisted bunch when it comes to Liverpool - they still haven't forgiven the club for beating them to an "heroic failure" runners up spot in the 2013/4 season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A rare piece of good humour from a Citizen (they really are a twisted bunch when it comes to Liverpool - they still haven't forgiven the club for beating them to an "heroic failure" runners up spot in the 2013/4 season)

Can't imagine recent results against them have made us any more palatable.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I hope they finish 5th I'd actually prefer Utd above them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I hope they finish 5th I'd actually prefer Utd above them.

It's been suggested that, if they finish 5th and win the CL, Liverpool might miss out despite winning the Europa. Be careful waht you wish for....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

It's been suggested that, if they finish 5th and win the CL, Liverpool might miss out despite winning the Europa. Be careful waht you wish for....

I think the "4th place" team misses out if City win the CL and Liverpool the EL.

So it would be

Leicester
    Spurs
    Arsenal (we presume)
    City
    Liverpool in the CL

and

Utd in the EL

Anyone know if that's right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I think the "4th place" team misses out if City win the CL and Liverpool the EL.

So it would be

Leicester
    Spurs
    Arsenal (we presume)
    City
    Liverpool in the CL

and

Utd in the EL

Spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

What a night, my head is still sore, anyway so inspired by the liverpool fans Jesus like cures i thought of this::)

I Saw the Light (Lovren remix)

I wandered so aimless life filled with gin
    I wouldn't let my dear Lovren in
    Then Jesus came like Sakho in the night
    Praise the Lovren I saw the light.

I saw the light I saw the light
    No more Fergie no more ****e
    Now I'm so happy no Manchester in sight
    Praise the Lorven I saw the light.

Just like an Everton fan I wandered along
    Worries and fears I claimed listening to Michael Owen
    Then like the bar man that God gave me the last pint

No more donsesk no more night
    Now I'm so happy no Pardew in sight

We are not Villa having to play Bolton away
    Straight is the gate and Anfields the way
    Now I have traded the wrong for the right

No more darkness no more night
    Now I'm so happy no Manchester in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

https://twitter.com/BreatheSport/status/720993874127118336
    What it was like to be inside the Liverpool team bus yesterday. Incredible support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So it would be

Leicester
    Spurs
    Arsenal (we presume)
    City
    Liverpool in the CL

and

Utd in the EL

Princess whatsits is kinda correct - Liverpool wouldn't miss out in that scenario but they would have to go into the playoff round rather than straight into the Groups.
    Only a max of 4 can go straight into the groups.

That can be Top 3 + CL winner with 4th in the playoff spot, or Top 3 + EL winner with 4th in the playoff spot. But if both CL and EL winner need a spot then the CL gets it and the EL gets just a playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Everybody do the Hendo!

What's the story with Can?? Is he out for the rest of the season?

• Advertisement

Not known yet.

Meanwhile LFC have earned a mighty €5.45m euro from the EL so far (about one games worth of CL group stage dosh!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ugh... the deftness of Can's touch through for Origi's goal...

Dirty man.

I don't necessarily think that he doesn't have the discipline or at least couldn't have the discipline to play deeper, but I don't want Emre Can having to play it safe.
    Not when he can do stuff like that.

Hope he's alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Klopp is some character.

Looks like Origi was expecting a hug and got burned lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pass was brilliant but the whole series of 1 touch passes just completely cut through Dortmund. Said it before but Can just needs to find that consistency with his final ball and his decision making. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed/unappreciated but he is the only midfielder we have who can drive from midfield with the ball, and when he went off last night our momentum fell off a cliff until the equaliser.

I think he's going to be a serious player in a few years, hopefully it's still for us.

Ya I've been talking about us needing a centre mid like can for years. He definitely looks like he could be the ideal candidate for the next few years. Now I think a dm is the requirement and another cm hopefully. Unfortunately Hendo looks off the pace and I don't rate Milner. Allen could definitely do the job beside Can as long as we have a solid dm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Still in shock, that was mental. Went to reply last night but gave up, my hands were shaking and my head was a mess.

Even at 1-3 I thought it was setup perfectly for a 4-3, unlikely as it seemed, and when we got to 3-3 I just knew we were going to get the winner. It was weird. Even when Lovren skied that volley into the Kop, on another night I'd think ah it's not our night, but I just knew it was going to happen. When Lovren scored though I was so shocked I couldn't even celebrate for a moment, it felt surreal, like "is this actually happening?"

4 fucking 3 injury time winner from three goals behind against one of the best teams in Europe, and Kenny Dalglish in tears as they all sing You'll Never Walk Alone, pure magic.

Even if they don't win the competition, this will always be a special night. Delighted for Lovren, that guy got some horrible abuse.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

guess what one game of the season I absolutely could not see.

guess

go on.

the one game of the season it was impossible for me to be available to watch.

the one f**king game I couldnt get near.
    yeah.

I dunno how or what to feel. I hate my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

An epic night.

BMMachine wrote: »

guess

go on.

yeah.

It wasn't that good.

tumblr_lkaykmgjgh1qi12x0o1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

guess

go on.

yeah.

He's the Blitz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gbear wrote: »
    Ugh... the deftness of Can's touch through for Origi's goal...

Dirty man.

I don't necessarily think that he doesn't have the discipline or at least couldn't have the discipline to play deeper, but I don't want Emre Can having to play it safe.
    Not when he can do stuff like that.

Hope he's alright.

Indeed, it's a tough one though. Henderson and Can are both at their best when in front of a DM, allowed to rampage into dangerous positions. It seems Grujic is similar. Great players to have, but we still lack that balance in midfield. Though who knows, maybe Allen can step up and be the deep lying playmaker we've looked for for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

RIP to the 96 that never came home 27 years ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

just clicked into the 'thanks' segment... owned

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

guess

go on.

yeah.

It was a sh1te game, sure we barely scraped a win at home. :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Not true. The winner of the Europa League are seeded in the play off round draw for the Champions League. They can however be promoted to enter the competition at the group stage if the Champions League winners qualify directly for the Champions League group stage due to their domestic league finish.

If Man City win the Champions League and don't finish in the top three of the Premier League this season then the winner of the Europa League goes into the Champions League play-off.

Atletico, Bayern and Real Madrid are all on course to qualify for the group stage through their domestic leagues so if one of them win the Champions League then the winner of the Europa League goes into group stage in the place reserved for the Champions League winner.

If Man City win the Champions League and finish outside the top four in the Premier League then there will be five English teams in the competition next season.

If Liverpool win the Europa League there will be five English teams in the Champions League next season.

If Man City win the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa League there will be five English teams in the Champions League next season. The team that finishes fourth in the Premier League will lose their place in the Champions League qualifiers and instead go into the Europa League competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Talisman wrote: »
    Not true. The winner of the Europa League are seeded in the play off round draw for the Champions League. They can however be promoted to enter the competition at the group stage if the Champions League winners qualify directly for the Champions League group stage due to their domestic league finish.

If Man City win the Champions League and don't finish in the top three of the Premier League this season then the winner of the Europa League goes into the Champions League play-off.

Atletico, Bayern and Real Madrid are all on course to qualify for the group stage through their domestic leagues so if one of them win the Champions League then the winner of the Europa League goes into group stage in the place reserved for the Champions League winner.

If Man City win the Champions League and finish outside the top four in the Premier League then there will be five English teams in the competition next season.

If Liverpool win the Europa League there will be five English teams in the Champions League next season.

If Man City win the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa League there will be five English teams in the Champions League next season. The team that finishes fourth in the Premier League will lose their place in the Champions League qualifiers and instead go into the Europa League competition.

But that could easily be Man City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

murpho999 wrote: »
    But that could easily be Man City?
    Did you deliberately ignore what was said before that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just Looked at it myself and saw the first none football one from After Hours and read it as as Lucas Drivers pay not what it really was Luas drivers pay :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just removed my thanks from that Chelsea poster, so knex. could go joint top. We're going to do the double. Europa and post of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just removed my thanks from that Chelsea poster, so knex. could go joint top. We're going to do the double. Europa and post of the day.

Just did the same when I saw your post. Congrats Knex, you are king of the boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Talisman wrote: »
    Did you deliberately ignore what was said before that?

Sorry, see it now. Was a long post and I'm still recovering from last night.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hi all.

Long time lurker, but seldom post.

The wife has organised for us to go to Liverpool next Saturday. She had hoped to get tix for the Newcastle game, but despite various efforts, has been unsuccessful.

Is there any way some tickets can be bought? A bit late in the day now. I was only informed we were going some minutes ago (40th, innit)!

If I can't get tix, I'm sure there'd be pubs nearby for a bit of craic anyway?

We'll be doing the Anfield tour early on that morning (which I believe means no access to dressing rooms, etc).

Any help or advice appreciated.

PS. Last night, eh? Sweet Jesus, how epic! :pac:

byte wrote: »
    Hi all.

Long time lurker, but seldom post.

The wife has organised for us to go to Liverpool next Saturday. She had hoped to get tix for the Newcastle game, but despite various efforts, has been unsuccessful.

Is there any way some tickets can be bought? A bit late in the day now. I was only informed we were going some minutes ago (40th, innit)!

If I can't get tix, I'm sure there'd be pubs nearby for a bit of craic anyway?

We'll be doing the Anfield tour early on that morning (which I believe means no access to dressing rooms, etc).

Any help or advice appreciated.

PS. Last night, eh? Sweet Jesus, how epic! :pac:

Hey,

Check out the soccer tickets LFC thread. Excellent thread for getting tickets here of genuine lad's for face value. Hope you get sorted

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hey,

Check out the soccer tickets LFC thread. Excellent thread for getting tickets here of genuine lad's for face value. Hope you get sorted
    Thanks for that. Didn't know such a place even existed!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just downloaded and watched the full game again, great stuff. I was still nearly heading every ball, diving into every tackle and getting carried away again. Great stuff.

I'm guessing there will be a bit of a comedown against Bournemouth on Sunday though. I'm guessing Stewart, Lucas, Skrtel, Smith/Flanagan will be in line to start again. Wouldn't mind seeing Ojo get another run out, from the bench maybe this time.

5starpool wrote: »
    Just downloaded and watched the full game again, great stuff. I was still nearly heading every ball, diving into every tackle and getting carried away again. Great stuff.

I'm guessing there will be a bit of a comedown against Bournemouth on Sunday though. I'm guessing Stewart, Lucas, Skrtel, Smith/Flanagan will be in line to start again. Wouldn't mind seeing Ojo get another run out, from the bench maybe this time.

I hope you read the match thread alongside the rewatch for the full experience.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »

I had read that and some other strategically chosen threads well beforehand. Took some time to read it all, but well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »

I haven't got around to reading the match thread yet but I'm really looking forward to doing that tomorrow. The Utd thread was hilarious though.

I haven't got around to reading the match thread yet but I'm really looking forward to doing that tomorrow. The Utd thread was hilarious though.

It's brilliant, it's going to be one of those things that's bookmarked and trotted out every so often for years to come.

When people tell me they haven't seen The Wire but are about to start it I am envious of them getting to experience it for the first time....that's how I feel for you and the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That's two mornings running I've woken up thinking of the 4th goal and smiling.

He's Mr Lovren from now on. God bless him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wouldn't it be great if Utd finished 4th but we won the Europa league and city won the champions league(finishing 5th in the league) which would mean Utd would have to miss out as a maximum of 5 teams can qualify from one country😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wouldn't it be great if Utd finished 4th but we won the Europa league and city won the champions league(finishing 5th in the league) which would mean Utd would have to miss out as a maximum of 5 teams can qualify from one country

I would be happy if we win the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Its unlikely that United will make top 4 anyway......possible but unlikely......just checking out the league table, United have the 2nd lowest goals scored in the top 12 with 39, Stoke being the lowest with 37.....their goals against is 2nd best though, they've turned into a real strange team under Van Gaal.......

All that being said, they play Villa today so should increase their goals for quite handy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its unlikely that United will make top 4 anyway......possible but unlikely......just checking out the league table, United have the 2nd lowest goals scored in the top 12 with 39, Stoke being the lowest with 37.....their goals against is 2nd best though, they've turned into a real strange team under Van Gaal.......

All that being said, they play Villa today so should increase their goals for quite handy....

United have only created 4 more chances all season than Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

emmetkenny wrote: »
    United have only created 4 more chances all season than Villa.

I wonder where they'd be if everyone didn't fire all of their shots straight at De Gea...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement