Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Shane Long being linked with LFC in the Irish papers and radio.

Can't see it happening. Wonder is he angling for a new contract with the saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

offer 20 million immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Star reporting Liverpool are interested in a Southampton striker but Spurs are looking to intercept the deal. Doesn't get much more manufactured than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Star reporting Liverpool are interested in a Southampton striker but Spurs are looking to intercept the deal. Doesn't get much more manufactured than that.

Based on our transfer history, we can either sign a Southampton player or lose a target to Spurs.

Doing both would break football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

fraiser foster is back after a year out, was very impressive before injury

Can't see it happening. Wonder is he angling for a new contract with the saints.

How much do we have left on our Southampton FC gift card after paying them off for Caulker? Did we keep our receipts from 2014?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

12 hours ago in the Birmingham Mail: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-blog-could-shane-10736579

Says it all, really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I can't look at Shane Long objectively as he gave me one of the best nights of my life.
    and Randolph.. sends it long... Shane Long's in behind the defence! Shane Long against NEUERRRRRRRRRR

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ixRRdRS28

He's 29 next week, it just doesn't seem realistic that we'd go for a player that age - and we'd have to pay stupid money for him too probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

corwill wrote: »

"Tony? Jurgen here. Apologies about the handshake incidents; it's football, we can forgive. Listen, in this moment we have few pounds on the Southampton gift card, and I read you want this Shane Long. Did you see what he did to my buddy Neuer? Wowch! Ha! Anyway, this time I would like an offer to you of my best young player Sinky and the Southampton gift token for buying this Long if you would maybe give us your Saido Berahino for fewer pounds? We can discuss the difference when Ian Ayre flies up to your midlands in the Babelcopter. Do you remember Babel? Lots of people didn't rate him, but I wanted him at Dortmund; for me he just needed a run of games. Did you know Sinky made his first debut at barely 16 years!? This is amazing, no?"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Shane Long gives his all, so in that regard he is the type of player we should be looking at, but he doesn't have enough quality to be the player we'd need him to be for where we want to end up. I would estimate there is close to zero truth in that particular rumour.

Shane Long is a 1 in 4 striker. He twice hit the dizzy heights of 8 league goals in a season.

Definitely not what we need.

• Advertisement

We have Ings, a similar striker but one who is younger and more talented than Shane Long.

Although he's much more injured than Long is.

Forgot about Ings. Hope he comes back ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Shane Long is a 1 in 4 striker. He twice hit the dizzy heights of 8 league goals in a season.

Definitely not what we need.

I could maybe just about make a case for signing him on loan for the rest of the season. Probably not with a straight face, though.

I'd still take Long over Balotelli any day though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd still take Long over Balotelli any day though.

I'd rather neither and a top class striker instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

If you put Shane Long in front of Coutinho, Firmino, and Lallana I think we'd generate a lot more chances than we do with Benteke. His link-up play is good and he still has a great burst of pace to get away from defenders.

He does need several chances to score though, see the recent game v Arsenal. The moment against Germany was the exception.

(I know the Long rumour is 99% fabricated, but still interesting to think about)

Surely Benteke is better than Long?

Who made up this rumour anyway!

I'd rather neither and a top class striker instead

Goes without saying of course. #Vardy-Pool

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can imagine Shane Long bein the new Darren Bent in terms of a 'joke' at some point when someone posts a picture of a long sign wit the word Liverpool on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

....and in today's round of thing's I never thought I'd say, here's Origi delivering a rock bottom to Jericho on the spanish announcers table

BlandSnivelingGermanspaniel.gif

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I can imagine Shane Long bein the new Darren Bent in terms of a 'joke' at some point when someone posts a picture of a long sign wit the word Liverpool on it.

I'll do you one better:

Liverpool sign Long and Bent

165644_10150359336575389_860830388_16764384_6802827_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I like Long and would have him as one of our back-up players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see match thread is started and locked :) hopefully a good read on Sunday night when back home from the ground :)

x43r0 wrote: »
    ....and in today's round of thing's I never thought I'd say, here's Origi delivering Di-Vock Bottom to Jericho on the spanish announcers table

BlandSnivelingGermanspaniel.gif

Had to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I see match thread is started and locked :) hopefully a good read on Sunday night when back home from the ground :)

If Liverpool win expect it to be locked again by the time you get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I like Long and would have him as one of our back-up players.

If true it would seem a bit of a panic buy....a real long shot :cool:

He would add some badly needed dynamism to our attack though....Benteke is like someone who's been hypnotised and been told that he will die if he goes into the penalty box

If all goes well on Sunday, there should be some nice new additions to the list.

Random question, why is it that Spurs get their own subforum but others don't? Genuinely don't know, seems as good a place as any to ask since they sign all our decoy targets like a sound bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

martyos121 wrote: »
    If all goes well on Sunday, there should be some nice new additions to the list.

Random question, why is it that Spurs get their own subforum but others don't? Genuinely don't know, seems as good a place as any to ask since they sign all our decoy targets like a sound bunch of lads.

In the early days of Boards, everything could have its own forum.

Evasive explanation of it here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057545666

Doesn't explain why they don't just close it though, or that there's a Chelsea one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If The Onion did PL Transfer articles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Long's finishing is terrible for the most part, doesnt get enough goals.
    He will run all day for you though, but hopefully thats not reason enough to buy a player. It would essentially be like a Lallana #2

Turtyturd wrote: »

Doesn't explain why they don't just close it though, or that there's a Chelsea one.

Yeah should definitely be closed based on that explanation. Ah sure that's neither here nor there though.

"The List" should absolutely be stickied though, majestic it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I thinks Boards feedback section needs a little work .Not closing a thread before u get some feedback would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Surely Benteke is better than Long?

Who made up this rumour anyway!

Shane Long's agent I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We will not be signing Shane Long, I can guarantee you that.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    I thinks Boards feedback section needs a little work .Not closing a thread before u get some feedback would help.

It's a token forum tbh, similar to the DRP one. Even looking at the feedback thread on here, what change comes from it? A slight change to how the yellow cards work which then gets changed back the following year, any major change proposed is just brushed aside.

I'd agree with your idea but the thread was hijacked by someone with form for it from the outset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's a Chelsea one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

:D

I actually opened that link to see the forum:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sturridge still out. Was hoping he would make the bench for Sunday

monkey9 wrote: »
    There's a Chelsea one??

They don't use it to talk about football apparently.

I have a joke about what Chelsea fans could use an online forum for that isn't about football but it isn't worth the yellow, and hangball's already made a better one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Talisman wrote: »
    I would agree, but it would appear that his knee is a time bomb.

I read recently that the rupture he suffered is due to a type of tendinitis called "jumper's knee". The root cause is excessive jumping which causes the tendon to become inflamed and weakens to the point where it snaps. The injury is very likely to re-occur if the individual doesn't rest the knee sufficiently after exercise.

He'll have to manage the condition for the rest of his career so we'll have to wait and see if it affects how he performs on the pitch.

There's a theoretical cure which involves reconstruction using stem cells but he will be long retired before it becomes a reality.

In the meantime I'm not sure whether any club will take a gamble on paying a transfer fee or a big salary for a goalkeeper that could break their knee by jumping too much.

As someone who has had this injury you are a bit of the mark to say that the tendon will weaken and snap. The patellar tendon becomes inflamed end of. It is very sore but can be firstly managed for a time with anti inflammatory medication while still playing. Rest obviously helps but without changing the dynamics of how you run or exercise it will return. The theoretical cure you talk about is where they take some of your blood and remove the platelets from the blood and directly inject the platelets into the tendon. It is a reality even for the ordinary GAA club player - I have had this done and it worked for me although it took two injections to get right. For me it was just another injury that I have had and once I've gotten over it, I have never given it a second thought. Fraser Forster's knee will not be a gamble for any club. If he continues with the form he showed before the injury he will have a long distinguished career and I for one would like it to be at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Top Bantz from Didi

https://twitter.com/TaintlessRed/status/687967188293148672

Bascombe: Other meaningful news from Melwood is we are no nearer to discovering when Daniel Sturridge will be back from his annual sabbatical.

Didi:Check Beyonce's tour schedule and you'll find out when we see him next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They don't use it to talk about football apparently.

I have a joke about what Chelsea fans could use an online forum for that isn't about football but it isn't worth the yellow, and hangball's already made a better one.:D

Pff - you're allowed 5 (I think it;s five..?) yellows before you get a ban. Unless you're aready on 3 or 4, ya should have gone for it!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol Sturridge - people need to let go!!

The amount of games he has had to deal with is mental.

wiaa38.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Cant see us beating the mighty Exeter with no Danny Ward....

brevity wrote: »
    Top Bantz from Didi

https://twitter.com/TaintlessRed/status/687967188293148672

Bascombe: Other meaningful news from Melwood is we are no nearer to discovering when Daniel Sturridge will be back from his annual sabbatical.

Didi:Check Beyonce's tour schedule and you'll find out when we see him next.

Jesus, that'll piss off a few on here.

10/10 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The amount of games he has had to deal with is mental.

wiaa38.jpg

Benitez started in June, so first 100 days was preseason. Klopp started after the start of the season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement