Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

corwill wrote: »
    Have we ever seen Coutinho play deeper in a more conventional midfield role? It keeps being suggested; I know he's class on the ball, but I don't know if that makes him a "CM". I'd worry a fast paced game would pass him by some what farther back the field.
    He played on the left of a diamond for a lot of 13/14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He played on the left of a diamond for a lot of 13/14

Not the same role, at least I don't think so anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not the same role, at least I don't think so anyway.

He had a few standout games in a midfield 3 that season alright, like against Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Jaysus, that's handy. I'll be in Puerto Del Carmen too and was googling venues to watch it in too!

• Advertisement

Have we ever seen Coutinho play deeper in a more conventional midfield role? It keeps being suggested; I know he's class on the ball, but I don't know if that makes him a "CM". I'd worry a fast paced game would pass him by some what farther back the field.

With two of Lucas, Allen or Milner behind him and Firmino, Sturridge & Origi as a front 3 (or a front 1 +2 if Firmino was a #10) I think he'd be ok against a not overly physical midfield.

If Milner was partnering Lucas, Moreno & Milner would provide width from defence. Sturridge likes getting out wide so Coutinho could conceptually have multiple options to supply ahead of him. Lucas cover for when Milner and/or Moreno are attacking, ideally they'd toggle.

Once Sturridge and Allen came on last Thurs the midfield was Can/Lucas, Allen & Milner. With Coutinho behind Sturridge & Origi. I don't think being a bit further back would limit him providing we had options ahead of him.

It might bring out the very best in Firmino too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Charlie19 wrote: »

fcuking hell. It seems only a few years ago. Time goes too fast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

****ing hell, it was only a few days ago - time goes so fast!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

emmetkenny wrote: »
    United have only created 4 more chances all season than Villa.

With the derby coming up and speaking of Villa, only Villa have worse home form than Everton! Shame it's at Anfield then! Shows why Bobby is getting a hard time though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Gutted for Can.

At least he'll be ok for the Euros.

We need to be careful with Lucas and Allen, both are injury prone.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

No, Harry, I wouldn't agree.

We could yet be dependent on a high league place to qualify for European competition next season. I would still like us to fight for 4th place, even up to the point that it becomes a mathematical impossibility to qualify. Or 5th place.

Winning the EL to qualify for Europe has a lower probability of happening than finishing 5th.

1 win might even do it to win the Europa.

I'd say that is better odds than finishing ahead of United, nice as that would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

murpho999 wrote: »
    vNs3XsX.jpg

The latest leaked 2016/17 Home jersey looks very nice.

Maybe there's a running joke going on here that is whooshing over my head with this one, but is that not just a standard red jersey/t-shirt with photoshopped LFC stuff attached.

That is clearly not the new jersey for next season. Are we just posting up any oul design from some randomer living somewhere on Earth as a possible official jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Fluting about on the official Liverpool site and I keep forgetting Joe Gomez and Danny Ings still have to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

tinpib wrote: »
    Fluting about on the official Liverpool site and I keep forgetting Joe Gomez and Danny Ings still have to come back.

Pretty much like 2 new signings next season. Both were showing a lot of promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Was tempted to post straight after the match on thurs night but was just to caught up in it all, brilliant night, the fight we have shown since Klopp came in is impressive, even if we dont go on to win the EL i think it will still be looked back on in the coming years as a massive turning point, that belief will drive us on.

I went back and read the match tread, it was delicious!

Now, just seen a stat that sort of crept up on me, apparently we are top scorers in the league for 2016, not bad considering the sort of rotation we have had to use in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rumoured team today has Ward Randall Ojo and Stewart in it with Firmino and Sturridge up front

Interesting if true. I'm looking at backing Bornemouth and Callum Wilson to score if we're not playing a full team

Everyone in the house I'm in is still in bed with hangovers so I decided to relive Thursday's madness by finally reading the match thread. My thumb is half an inch shorter from all the thanking I had to do. Good work everyone.

Is Borntobywilde a time traveller or something? He just seemed to KNOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/antogriezmann/status/720716897889730560

That's a "Come get me!" plea if I ever saw one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any reaction from Ronaldo Suarez? :p

• Advertisement

My mental image of Toby:

tumblr_mjvshl95gt1r0qb49o2_500.gif

Rumour has it his posts are sponsored by Carlsberg!

I read it after knowing the result and lolled a lot

8-10 wrote: »
    Rumoured team today has Ward Randall Ojo and Stewart in it with Firmino and Sturridge up front

Interesting if true. I'm looking at backing Bornemouth and Callum Wilson to score if we're not playing a full team

I want to see what Ward has to offer would like to see him start, Randall needs a big game, from what i've seen of him so far he'll find it tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I want to see what Ward has to offer would like to see him start, Randall needs a big game, from what i've seen of him so far he'll find it tough.

Randall isn't anywhere near good enough, from what I've seen of him so far. Nowhere near the level of even Brad Smith.

Clyne has barely had a break all season, but I'd put Flanagan at RB and Smith at LB if we're resting the fullbacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

My mental image of Toby:

tumblr_mjvshl95gt1r0qb49o2_500.gif

Toby never killed a priest, but I hear he drove one out of town once. Serenaded him with poetry until he broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Everyone in the house I'm in is still in bed with hangovers so I decided to relive Thursday's madness by finally reading the match thread. My thumb is half an inch shorter from all the thanking I had to do. Good work everyone.

just went back myself surprised bret harts "we want 4" post didn't get more likes post match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd just like him to have at least one full game under his belt in case something happens to Ming in the next few weeks.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

garra wrote: »
    Toby never killed a priest, but I hear he drove one out of town once. Serenaded him with poetry until he broke.
    Serenade them with poetry, kill them that way...:pac:

• Advertisement

What channel is the game on?

Edit: Not on UK TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Starting XI vs Bournemouth: Ward; Randall, Touré, Lucas, Smith; Ibe, Stewart, Allen, Ojo; Sturridge, Firmino

Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Only the bare 11 changes then.

Who's going to take one for the team and do the match thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ibe might start following us again on social media. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Gonna miss the game cos of stupid driving.

Gutted I'll miss Ibe repeatedly running into the nearest defender when there's other options.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ibe might start following us again on social media. :rolleyes:

Time for him to step up, i like him a lot but his form has been poor and does'nt warrant a start in a full 11.
    Today he gets another chance.

Ibe playing for his future really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

For the first time in a long time, I will be torn between watching LFC and a different team in the EPL.. I should just cash in the Leicester bet and get back to supporting Pool... but the Leicester bandwagon has been great craic this season and I feel like I'm witnessing possibly the greatest under-dog story in the history of team sport.

Great chance today for Randall, Smith, Ojo, Stewart & Ibe to show their wares before the summer sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Starting XI vs Bournemouth: Ward; Randall, Touré, Lucas, Smith; Ibe, Stewart, Allen, Ojo; Sturridge, Firmino

You called it, Harry.

On the plus side, we have a very strong bench...

• Advertisement

Who's going to take one for the team and do the match thread!

My first ever was a few weeks ago for Southampton away, so no. ****ing. Way.

No Skrtel. Not injured, either, I think?

He's a goner. Bit of a shame it came to this.

Plenty there to beat Bournemouth, Firmino & Sturridge are capable of scoring a few between them imo.

Lucas & Toure are solid at worst at CB.

Delighted to see Ward get a start.

Allen ok, the other 5 should take their chance to shine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Surprised at Randall over Flanno. Sign that Flanno is prob not in Klopps plans?

Pyjamarama wrote: »

I'd like to think it's because Klopp knows what Flannagan can so at this level and is trying to establish is Randall one to pencil into his plans too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Pyjamarama wrote: »

According to James Pearce he had a knock.

Firmino and Sturridge a bit rubbish of late (although Sturridge has been a bit better in the last couple of games).
    But they're scoring.

Milner playing rubbish but getting a goal or an assist every other game this season.

If your rubbish/out of form players are doing that somethings going right.

Augeo wrote: »
    Plenty there to beat Bournemouth, Firmino & Sturridge are capable of scoring a few between them imo............

66.66% there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gbear wrote: »
    According to James Pearce he had a knock.

He actually said:

"Told that Flanagan hasn't had a knock and has trained this week. Randall just selected ahead of him by Klopp today."

Good first half, Ward has good distrubution,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Good understanding and flow from the lads out there today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement