Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He actually said:

"Told that Flanagan hasn't had a knock and has trained this week. Randall just selected ahead of him by Klopp today."

Ah. The total opposite to that then.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's great to see two wingers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

'Divock Origi!' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What's Sturridge goals to game or goals to mins ratio this season??

Must be excellent.

noodler wrote: »
    What's Sturridge goals to game or goals to mins ratio this season??......

goal every 2 games

Not too many games though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

'Pool were riding their luck at the end of that game. Didn't make for comfortable viewing.

Excellent goal from Josh King, too.

That said, an awful lot to enjoy in the 90 minutes and some good things to take away. Danny Ward looks well capable of playing PL football regularly, Joe Allen was excellent in the middle, Ibe, Ojo and Sturridge all very good up top. Sturridge should have had another if he hadnt been dicking around with his shooting.

On the bad side, Conor Randall is a very poor player IMO and Brad Smith looks shaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sturridge seems to be pressing better and looks much sharper which is great to see. Firminio i thought was poor today although he still got himself a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Firmino poor again. I mean really poor again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fair play to joe Allen.

He's really is starting to look like a Liverpool player and if I was to choose now between himself lucas and A fit henderson, Allen would be my first choice at CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a bad game, boring then two goals and nothing from Bournemouth until it was too late to loose! :D

Ward did well except under a high, pressure ball but that's a Liverpool trait so welcome to the club! Ibe and Ojo were both excellent I just love Ojo - he's got a certain [insert French expression here] which is matched by his ability on the ball. I think he's going to be the next big thing for the club from the youth ranks more than ever.

Sturridge did well could have had 4 or 5 in truth but that he was in the right place to nearly score was important. Seems to be coming back, even if he still isn't blizting anyone. Maybe he is changing his game though to protect his body.

ricero wrote: »
    ...... Firminio i thought was poor today although he still got himself a goal.

He's 1 in 3 now in PL appearances for us, 27 games played. Very decent haul in his first PL season to be fair. Looks a really really good signing with the potential to be really great :)

His goals to games are a tad better than Sterling's this season so considering he replaced Sterling on paper he's doing great :)

Augeo wrote: »
    He's 1 in 3 now in PL appearances for us, 27 games played. Very decent haul in his first PL season to be fair. Looks a really really good signing with the potential to be really great :)

His goals to games are a tad better than Sterling's this season so considering he replaced Sterling on paper he's doing great :)

Nice. Now what about his carelessly giving the ball away everyfkingtime he gets it ratio?

We've now matched last season's league goals tally with a few games left and outstripped last seasons goals scored in all comps.

Clearly things still aren't all rosy, but we've been largely in the same boat in terms of striking options (injuries rather than being utterly terrible), so it's a gradual improvement.

There's a reasonable spread amongst the forwards - Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge, Benteke, Origi all have 8-10 goals.

We're still about 20 goals short in the league, even from CL standard, nevermind challenging at the top (I can't see our defence getting sufficiently better to cover the deficit), but with Origi, Firmino and Lallana looking more settled, Benteke to be replaced with something and Ings to come back into the squad, hopefully we're not a million miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Firmino was definitely quiet today, but his game is built around one touch passes and with such a changed side I wouldn't be too worried about it, it was always going to be a disjointed game. A win with a lot of players rested and others like Ojo, Ibe and Ward getting more time on the pitch is a huge positive. Very little to complain about with that result, especially after seeing the line-up and that Harry started the match thread, I was expecting worse.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Milkers wrote: »
    Nice. Now what about his carelessly giving the ball away everyfkingtime he gets it ratio?

His pass success rate is 77.4%. Poor passes might get noticed more as he is an attacking player.

Compared to other attacking players pass success....

Coutinho 77.7%
    Origi 77%
    Lallana 81%
    Sturridge 77%

Nothing to really be concerned about.....

Goals win games.

Both Milner and Firmino are poor enough in the middle third of the pitch on the whole, but between their off the ball work, their undeniably solid goals/assists rate and the tendency to get those goals/assists in big matches, clearly they're doing more good than harm.

You could have 11 lads who are 10/10 in possession but if none of them can score you won't win anything. It's worth sacrificng 1 position (or maybe more) for a lad who's 1/10 in passing if he can get the goals you need.

At a certain point we outgrew Luis Garcia and other players like Kuyt or Benayoun only justified their positions in teams that were otherwise extremely tidy and reliable in possession, but often relatively weak teams need options in their squad that can just get goals.

Wouldn't have a clue, if he plays 30 odd PL games season for us and gets 10+ PL goal every season and carries that goal to game ratio into the various cup comps and Europe etc I'll let the likes of you worry about his "his carelessly giving the ball away everyfkingtime he gets it ratio?" :)

NukaCola wrote: »
    His pass success rate is 77.4%. Poor passes might get noticed more as he is an attacking player.

Coutinho 77.7%
    Origi 77%
    Lallana 81%
    Sturridge 77%

To be fair, Coutinho, Lallana and even Sturridge are more ambitious and Origi spends more time holding the ball up (which I would imagine is relatively low-% in terms of retaining the ball).

It's the stupid simple passes that Firmino cocks up that are irritating.

If that's what it costs to have him around, then grand, especially if you've got solid options like Lallana and Allen lurking, but it really feels like it's something he could stamp out.

Coutinho 77.7%
    Origi 77%
    Lallana 81%
    Sturridge 77%

Fair enough but he also coughs it up a lot without even attempting a pass. And btw thanks Augeo for managing to slip a "the likes of you" into a normal civil discussion. Classy as ever.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair, Coutinho, Lallana and even Sturridge are more ambitious and Origi spends more time holding the ball up (which I would imagine is relatively low-% in terms of retaining the ball).

It's the stupid simple passes that Firmino cocks up that are irritating.

If that's what it costs to have him around, then grand, especially if you've got solid options like Lallana and Allen lurking, but it really feels like it's something he could stamp out.

Maybe, I couldn't say for sure that they are more ambitious to be honest.....Firmino has more assists than Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge and Origi and has scored a nice few also....I'm not sure its a valid criticism to say he does it more than the average........poor passes will stick in your mind......from what he's shown in his first season in England I'm not too concerned about him at all anyway.....as you said probably something he can work on easily enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Firmino poor again. I mean really poor again.

Can't argue with his goals but I've been very dissapointed with him when in possession. He constantly gives the ball away but certainly knows where the goal is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

corwill wrote: »
    No Skrtel. Not injured, either, I think?

He's a goner. Bit of a shame it came to this.

Good riddance tbh, he's been stinking the gaf out for years at this stage. Interesting Randall getting the nod ahead of flanno, haven't seen Randall in months since klopp first came in. Looking forward to motd highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

we can't sell Allen.

2ps3iqf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hory shet :pac:

Kloppo said Allen contract will not be discussed until the summer, which given there are still potentially 9 games left and he'll be playing most of them makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

That is class, MD1990

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Really on an upward curve at the minute which is great. Since the Leicester game, in the 16 games since the only game we've lost in 90 mins (so league cup final and FA Cup replay the ones longer than 90) the only game we've lost is Southampton.

Momentum. The Big Mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

5starpool wrote: »
    Really on an upward curve at the minute which is great. Since the Leicester game, in the 16 games since the only game we've lost in 90 mins (so league cup final and FA Cup replay the ones longer than 90) the only game we've lost is Southampton.

So just in time to make us believe we can nake an impact next season in the premeirshup without it being relevant at all to another disappointing league campaign. Now why does that seem familiar.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Clare hammer the **** of Kilkenny and liverpool shoe in for next year's league. What a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

niallo27 wrote: »
    Clare hammer the **** of Kilkenny and liverpool shoe in for next year's league. What a day

Jesus, you're from Clare? Sorry to hear that Niallo. My commiserations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jesus, you're from Clare? Sorry to hear that Niallo. My commiserations.

We are beautiful people, except West Clare they are backward as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

We are beautiful people, except West Clare they are backward as ****.

Not even people! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5starpool wrote: »
    We've won ALL our games .....once you ignore the draws and losses which don't count anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Allways thought you were a Dub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who let GAA talk into the thread? Away with that ****!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Knex. wrote: »
    Who let GAA talk into the thread? Away with that ****!

:p

Bloody bogball... :mad::pac:

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Bloody bogball... :mad::pac:

Ah get it into ye lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Coutinho 77.7%
    Origi 77%
    Lallana 81%
    Sturridge 77%

lallanna lose the ball on the edge of the box 5% of that 19% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Missed the weekends action for everything. Was driving to and fro from Donegal. Did I miss anything important?

... And btw thanks Augeo for managing to slip a "the likes of you" into a normal civil discussion. Classy as ever.

Normal civil discussions don't include that sort of language old boy, there are quite likely folks under 18 and ladies reading this thread.

Classy as ever right back at you kid ;)

The likes of you would be a reference to the moan moan complain contingent :)

A quick look at Villareal v Leverkusen and how they are expected to defend against us in the EL semi final.

https://vimeo.com/163037960

They seem to allow some wing penetration but don't like to allow teams to carve them open through the middle.

A former target of ours, Papadopolous is playing CB for Leverkusen in this game.

Normal civil discussions don't include that sort of language old boy, there are quite likely folks under 18 and ladies reading this thread.

Really?

Again?

It's not written in the forum rules that every post has to have a pop at someone, is it?

Villareal lost today against 16th place rayo.

• Advertisement

Ojo lads, how good could this lad be? Get the predictions in!

I think he could be an important player for us......has pace a good delivery but more importantly looks comfortable in possession and makes good decisions. Obviously early days yet but looks very promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Do you live in a monastery?

And what's with calling everyone "kid"? It's very condescending.

Ojo lads, how good could this lad be? Get the predictions in!

He's the next John Barnes* Bookmark that!

*Maybe a slight case of hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

... kid ...

200w.gif

And what's with calling everyone "kid"? It's very condescending.

Its a Cork thing.......or possibly Limerick? Well I assume so anyway, could be way off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement